Sneeze Fetish Forum

Whose cold is this? (LONG, CW: Contagion)

snzer

When I get a cold I think about how it might have happened. Most colds I don't have any idea where it came from, but sometimes I end up sick a few days after some uncovered sneezes went in my direction. It's fun to wonder about sometimes I think! I'm fighting a cold now and sitting in my house bored so I started thinking about how I could have gotten this.

There's always the usual sneezes or coughs from people on the bus, at work, or shopping, etc., but I could think of 2 specific people who generously shared their sneezes around me this week. You probably guessed that one is my coworker and you're right haha. There are a lot of obs I have from her since I see her for hours at work, so I have to pick the best things. I knew she was sick with a cold when she was sneezing but there was 1 other person who may have had a cold to give me.

I think people I know are sneezing more from allergies now (since they talk about pollen haha) but there always is some kind of cold that goes around all year. I don't know for sure if this woman had a cold but if she did, that means I had 2 close encounters with colds and could have gotten both. I'm so sneezy right now so it would make sense if that's something that's possible haha.

I got to the waiting room for a PT appointment and sat down as far from the only other person in the room as possible. We were the only people there and it would be weird to sit near her if I didn't have to. We were maybe 10ft apart and perpendicular from each other with our chairs against different walls. She had a surgical mask and was sniffling a lot but I didn't pay much attention since I didn't hear her sneeze when I was checking in or sat down. Maybe 2/3 minutes later I heard a big gasp before a forceful sneeze and I looked up as quick as possible. She was sitting bent forward a little from the sneeze with her mask pulled down to show her pre-sneeze face. She sneezed again each after the other 3 times with a second or two between. Another 4th sneeze was probably 10 seconds later, but she waited for it still leaned forward like that until it came. The fit was something like

HAAH!...HeiSSSHHHHHoooo!.....Heh'eighSSSHHHOOoo...Eh-issshhhioo...H'ISSSHHHOOoo!!..........Heh'eissSSSHHHIEOOO-uhhh!

She held her other arm up but it was a foot in front of her and so low it kind of hovered over her lap. It was more like she was sneezing on it than using it to cover. The lighting wasn't good enough to see if there was spray when I was that far but they were all so drawn out and had that specifically wet sound. She rubbed her nose with the back of her hand and then put her mask back up. I blessed her and she excused herself and thanked me with a voice which I couldn't tell if it sounded sick or like allergy congestion. It was very stuffy so I think it could go either way. I was the only person in probably 20ft of her so it was less rude for her to do that than in a crowded room I guess, and also I knew I would be surrounded by my coworker's germs all week so I would probably catch a cold soon anyway. It's not like she knew that though haha. Either way, small drops of her sneezes would easily fly 10ft to me and with 5 open sneezes there's no odds I got away without breathing in any germs she might have had.

The PT place is basically a big room with some curtained off areas for privacy and a lot of equipment to use, so multiple patients are in there at once with their Physical Therapists. I heard her from across the room sneezing another shorter fit of 3 at some point during my appointment. They sounded like the other ones (not screaming but pretty loud) and my Therapist muttered something like "She scared the shit out of me" and I laughed awkwardly and hoped I didn't blush haha.

My cold could have been from here or from work or somewhere else... maybe I got it from the elevator buttons or something, but it's fun to wonder about it while I'm bored and sneezy.

Now I can talk about my cold.

I woke up on Wednesday with a tickley throat and runny nose, but I did a flu test and a rapid test since I keep a few at home kits for both. It's easier than going to the doctor for tests every few weeks haha and they both were negative. I went to work with a mask since I only had a little sniffle and things were pretty much fine until I got home that night and knew the cold was coming. I was happy that it came on too slowly to be the flu, so at least I hoped it would be just a cold. Thursday morning I woke up with the stuffiest and runniest nose at the same time and a tickle in my sinuses right away. I did another test for both and they were still negative, but I asked to work from home that day and Friday so I wouldn't get anyone sick. If only my coworker could do that more often haha but she has to physically be there for a lot of her job. Instead of sneezing all over the office I sneezed all over my apartment the last 2 days and still am today.

Please continue if you can 

Edited by NickG1998

Thank you for your service! I hope you feel better soon 💐

I never feel these are long enough haha

It's so funny out of sheer ridiculousness, that other coworker wears a mask but takes it off in the moment it would be most useful to prevent contagion. Its so hot but wrong at the same time.

I can't wait to read what you have in store about the other coworker!

Thanks for writing, hope you get well soon and at least get to enjoy your own sneezes.

Amazingly written, I am super eager to read the continuation. Fantastic job on this ❤️

Your description of that woman's sneezes and what she looked like meanwhile, is so detailed—awesome. Thanks for thoroughly musing about the germs' origins :laugh:

Nevertheless, I wish you a speedy recovery from them!