Sneeze Fetish Forum

Does anyone else NOT like pet allergies?

TheSoundwaveSubmarine

Putting this here cause I'm bored and wanna know if this is just a me thing

Usually, I love allergies. Perfume, pollen, dust, the whole nine yards they're definitely my favorite thing to draw, write, and read.

But pet allergies not only just don't do it for me but sometimes actually make me feel kinda icky lol

I don't know if it's the fact I love animals (I have 2 cats and 2 dogs), or the idea of someone being allergic to a living thing that can't control it, but I just can't lol can't read about it, can't write about it, I'm literally deadset on the fact I refuse to ever get with someone who has animal allergies and furthermore another reason on my very long list of never having children: I can't stand the idea of having a kid allergic to cats or dogs (especially if that would mean rehoming existing pets but that's beside the point)

Idk, is this just me? It's one of those "sneezing icks" i have i just can't stand cat or dog allergies haha

For me it depends on the type of animal. I love reading about cat allergies but dog allergies can make me cringe. I think this probably has to do with me just really not liking dogs at all for several reasons which I won't go into here, but because of this strong dislike, I think I just don't want to think about dog allergies at all, even in the context of a fic, because that means a dog would be in the vicinity. With cats, I have no desire to have them as pets, but I don't mind being around them and interacting with them for short durations if it's someone else's pet, so it's much easier for cat allergies to appeal to me. I suppose lucky for me that cat allergies seem to be more common than dog allergies.

Then, when it comes to bird/feather allergies, it's a bit weird. I actually really love the idea of someone being allergic to feathers, and it's something I quite enjoy in fics. But as someone that loves birds and has had them as pets literally my entire life, I don't think I'd ever be able to be with a romantic partner that was allergic to them unless it was the sort of thing where they were fine unless the feathers actually physically touched their nose. That could lead to some fun indulgences with their consent. However, it just wouldn't work if the other person would be suffering all the time just from the birds being in the same house/room with them. My current parrot has been with me for over 20 years and I'm just not going to choose a romantic partner over him, and I'd hate the idea of never being able to adopt another bird after he passes because I started dating someone allergic to birds.

And beyond that, I guess I'm fairly neutral about pet allergies to other animals, and I guess it's just not something I think about too much since it's much less common for them to come up in fics.

definitely a hot take cuz i would guess 99% of people here love pet allergies haha

Dude, I feel exactly the same way.  A huge majority of the time it's a huge ick for me.  It has to be a very, very, undeniably fictional situation far outside the realm of reality for me to like it. But if it's someone I am attracted to, or could potentially be attracted to, absolutely not, no way.  My pets are my life, and someone having animal allergies makes me think of having to choose between someone I love, or my pets, which...like, I can't.  I just can't.

Unless it's a really obscure allergy some sort of animal that I am not likely to reasonably have as a pet...someone having an anteater or sloth allergy would be acceptable. :laugh: Cat or dog allergies...those are only for fictional characters I have no emotional connection to!

I'd assume it's an ick for some norms, but for me I love it. The scenario of some date coming to a house for the first time and getting all sniffly then going "wait, do you have a cat?" and the dread sets in as they see the cat walk by and suddenly they go into a sneezing fit is awesome to me haha. Since I love cats and dogs so much, I like the idea of a girl having to contend with her love for cats but then being allergic. My ex gf had tweeted "DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE? BEING ALLERGIC TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE??" And the best fit I ever saw was on her couch brought on by her cat. So yes it's safe to say I love cats but I like them even more for bringing out the sneezes in a chosen select special girls.

8 hours ago, TheSoundwaveSubmarine said:

Usually, I love allergies. Perfume, pollen, dust, the whole nine yards they're definitely my favorite thing to draw, write, and read.

But pet allergies not only just don't do it for me but sometimes actually make me feel kinda icky lol

I completely get this! Allergy sneezes are my favourite, but there is something about sneezes brought on by pets which just doesn't do it for me, and consequentially I realise now I have never used this as a sneeze trigger in any of my sneezefics. It's amazing how many variations and personal preferences there are in this fetish! :D 

8 hours ago, ALSF said:

I'd assume it's an ick for some norms, but for me I love it. The scenario of some date coming to a house for the first time and getting all sniffly then going "wait, do you have a cat?" and the dread sets in as they see the cat walk by and suddenly they go into a sneezing fit is awesome to me haha. Since I love cats and dogs so much, I like the idea of a girl having to contend with her love for cats but then being allergic. My ex gf had tweeted "DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE? BEING ALLERGIC TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE??" And the best fit I ever saw was on her couch brought on by her cat. So yes it's safe to say I love cats but I like them even more for bringing out the sneezes in a chosen select special girls.

That scenario actually made me think a little.

I do not mind pet allergies when they're at a tolerable level, like if someone owns a cat but is allergic to them and it just means some nice additional sneezes when they get a little too cuddly.

I think for me part of it is more the idea of someone being so allergic you would not be able to have the pet around at all, cause honestly the pit that forms in my stomach at the idea of having to rehome a cat or dog because a partner or family member was allergic to them so far outweighs the joys of the sneezing that it just totally ruins it for me.

I think another big factor is how the allergic person feels about the animal they're allergic to, cause nothing boils my blood more than cat-haters I'm sorry, as someone with two cats who loves them more than life I just can't stand people who hate cats its a total dealbreaker lol. Someone could have the best sneezes I've ever heard but if they hate cats they've gotta go lmfaooo

10 hours ago, sneezeguy468 said:

definitely a hot take cuz i would guess 99% of people here love pet allergies haha

"Not a fan of pet allergies"
"SHUT UP"
The members of the SFF hated Soundwave because they were right 
/j /ref

10 minutes ago, TheSoundwaveSubmarine said:

"Not a fan of pet allergies"
"SHUT UP"
The members of the SFF hated Soundwave because they were right 
/j /ref

:laugh: touche

yeah I'm not a huge fan either honestly! I don't even know if it's the emotional component or if I just don't find allergies to another living animal as something inanimate and more... idk, 'manipulable' like feathers pollen etc. either way, they definitely don't do it for me, at least not as something to be emphasized for cause-effect!

I'm in the middle, I like all the allergies you named. I dont hate pet allergies but they turn me on less

On 3/10/2024 at 5:54 PM, NoV said:

It's amazing how many variations and personal preferences there are in this fetish! :D 

Don't have the Pet allergy prejudice myself, but this is oh so true

Me! I love animals too much. I can't live without my kitties. I would be so miserable without them, so pet allergies are kind of a deal breaker for me. 

I mean irl, I probably couldn’t be with someone with severe pet allergies - I love my pets so much and they are a huge part of my life! But fantasy-wise I don’t mind it! It really just depends on the context for me