Sneeze Fetish Forum

Resolution to get better at blessings

ItchyNostrils

For as long as I can remember, I’ve struggled with feeling awkward about blessings in person!  

Blessing others: It feels like my mind freezes 😳 so most of the time I’m not offering them 😅 if I do manage to get one out, it’s barely a squeak and I’m INCREDIBLY EMBARRASSED. 

Being blessed: Most of my sneezes around others are stifles to avoid the embarrassment of being blessed 😳 I knooooow there is nothing I SHOULD be embarrassed about, but it almost feels like I’m calling attention to this secret and intimate part of my life. This general embarrassment usually results in my natural sneeze mental block taking over 😵‍💫

All that being said  -  I made a New Year’s resolution to myself to try to get more comfortable in both these areas.  So I am looking for any parties interested in helping a lady out in some capacity through voice/video call 🫣 For verified users, my contact info is in my profile 😊

Also, any general tips to reduce embarrassment in these situations would be helpful 😄

OMG I can totally relate to this lol. I guess we all just have to practice blessing each other until we get used to it. 

If I was verified (and less self conscious lol) I'd love to help. I think I found your YouTube too btw, and I love it! Keep up the great sneezes

How I finally was able to bless people was actually turning my thought process inside out— instead of thinking I was drawing attention to it, I started thinking ‘blessing people will make sure people think that I’m completely normal and regular about the idea of sneezing!’ because it is a common thing that people do.

Blessing people, I feel like, is a way to draw enough attention to it to pretend that you’re indifferent to sneezing— because obviously if you’re bringing it up then it’s got no embarrassing connotations!— but it’s not drawing TOO much attention to it as to give it away. If that helps at all!

I also only bless people when I feel like it I guess, half the time I don’t— but hey, it at least helps me not feel like I’m being suspicious when I do bless people anymore! 

11 hours ago, RosieB said:

OMG I can totally relate to this lol. I guess we all just have to practice blessing each other until we get used to it. 

Exactly! Step 1 of my plan is to get comfortable *enough* with the live blessings with people in the community! 

11 hours ago, tissueluvr said:

If I was verified (and less self conscious lol) I'd love to help. I think I found your YouTube too btw, and I love it! Keep up the great sneezes

I appreciate this, thank you! I understand not everyone is comfortable with the idea of voice chats and video calls 😊 Which is why I made the public call to anyone that is comfortable enough, or willing to get more comfortable, with the idea! 

2 minutes ago, ItchyNostrils said:

I appreciate this, thank you! I understand not everyone is comfortable with the idea of voice chats and video calls 😊 Which is why I made the public call to anyone that is comfortable enough, or willing to get more comfortable, with the idea! 

I can’t even lie the forum makes me wanna get comfortable with that idea. Maybe when I’m verified we can try it!

4 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:

Blessing people, I feel like, is a way to draw enough attention to it to pretend that you’re indifferent to sneezing— because obviously if you’re bringing it up then it’s got no embarrassing connotations!— but it’s not drawing TOO much attention to it as to give it away. If that helps at all!

Good tips, I appreciate coming at it from that perspective for blessing others!

I think it’s the pretending to be indifferent part that I’ll need to work on 🫠😂 

One thing to try if you find blessing people in real life to be too difficult, is to listen to a recording or watch a video and then bless the person out loud each time you hear them sneeze. And if that’s too much, whisper or say it in your head.

That way, you get used to hearing yourself say the words, but in a low stress situation without the worry of what others think. Then work upwards from there.

Edited by solitaire-au
6 hours ago, solitaire-au said:

One thing to try if you find blessing people in real life to be too difficult, is to listen to a recording or watch a video and then bless the person out loud each time you hear them sneeze. And if that’s too much, whisper or say it in your head.

That way, you get used to hearing yourself say the words, but in a low stress situation without the worry of what others think. Then work upwards from there.

Good idea! I can type the phrase with relative ease.. so maybe I have to get into a habit of even saying it out loud as I type 🤔 

i find that for me, it’s really helpful to bless someone after a second sneeze. usually if someone sneezes once and i get too nervous to say it, i tell myself, “okay, if they sneeze a second time, fuck it, i’m just gonna say it.” then after the second one it’s a lot easier for me because i’ve had the time to prepare myself for it haha

8 hours ago, GaySneezeLover said:

i find that for me, it’s really helpful to bless someone after a second sneeze. usually if someone sneezes once and i get too nervous to say it, i tell myself, “okay, if they sneeze a second time, fuck it, i’m just gonna say it.” then after the second one it’s a lot easier for me because i’ve had the time to prepare myself for it haha

The few times I’ve managed to squeak out a blessing are usually in this scenario 🙈😂

I’m of the mindset that a good first step in getting over my embarrassment is to get some reps in with people that know and can potentially relate as to why it’s embarrassing for me… so I’m still very much out here looking for some folks to practice on 👀

It’s taken me years to get more comfortable with blessing people. It helped to start saying it to people I enjoyed saying it to (people around my age, people I was attracted to). Now I can say it to almost any of my peers, but I still get uncomfortable when I have to say it to an older person or someone I don’t really know or like. 

As for being blessed, I can’t help you there. My mental block is so strong that I don’t sneeze in front of anyone, ever. I wish I could though, because I think I’d enjoy being blessed. Hopefully some people on the forum can help you out! 

On 3/17/2024 at 7:42 PM, peach2218 said:

It’s taken me years to get more comfortable with blessing people. It helped to start saying it to people I enjoyed saying it to (people around my age, people I was attracted to). Now I can say it to almost any of my peers, but I still get uncomfortable when I have to say it to an older person or someone I don’t really know or like. 

As for being blessed, I can’t help you there. My mental block is so strong that I don’t sneeze in front of anyone, ever. I wish I could though, because I think I’d enjoy being blessed. Hopefully some people on the forum can help you out! 

Interesting, it seems the opposite for me! I have an easier time blessing someone I don’t really know or like… seems more high stakes saying it to someone I’m attracted to 👀

I appreciate the support 😄