Sneeze Fetish Forum

queer authors you read

AntheaHolmes

Who are you favourites when it comes to queer authors? I'll start. 

My all time favourite will be Oscar Wilde. I adore his writing, his sensual way of writing, his wit and aesthetic. 

I also read everything from Patricia Highsmith. I know that she's a bit problematic but nonetheless I consider "Carol' my all time favourite LGBTQIA+ book. It bought me my own queer awakening, so to speak. The film adaptation with Cate Blanchett is also very nice to look at. 

I must admit that there are so many good queer authors and playwrights but these two really never disappoint me. 

Let me know yours. 

I've enjoyed most of Clive Barker's books. 

I've been super into poetry lately - so definitely Walt Whitman, Countee Cullen, and (at least according to many literary scholars and historians!) Emily Dickinson. 

2 hours ago, marzipan said:

I've been super into poetry lately - so definitely Walt Whitman, Countee Cullen, and (at least according to many literary scholars and historians!) Emily Dickinson. 

Uhh, yeah. Emily Dickinson is amazing. I heard of Walt Whitman but never read anything. Counter Cullen is new to me. Will look into their work. 

8 hours ago, Bondi said:

I've enjoyed most of Clive Barker's books. 

I know him but never read any of his works. Will look into that. 

Clive Barker started out with horror novels kind of Similar to Stephen King, but has branched out into dark fantasy with horror elements. He's still alive as far as I know, though I've looked up on Amazon and I'm not sure he's still writing anymore. But if what I described sounds appealing to you, Books of Blood are a good starting point, so is Damnation Game, and if you like the Hellraiser movies, there's the Hellbound Heart. Also, for a book more on the fantasy side, there's Imajica and Weaveworld. :) Also, Sacrament is really good, too, and provides an example of a gay protagonist that's written well.