Sneeze Fetish Forum

Allergy Medicine

sneeze007

We have a friend that is allergic to cats and well we have two cats. She gets pretty bad symptoms even with medication and can usually only hang at our house for a few hours. However sometimes she decides not to take it even if she knows she is going to come over. My question is why do people with allergies choose not to take medication. Does medication just not work well for a lot of people or is there some sort of mental element where people want to be stronger than their allergies? Or are side effects not worth the benefits of the medication? My friend is not the only person that does this either so was wondering what everyones thoughts were

My initial guess would be that some of those meds can make you feel wierd. LIke a light headed, floaty feeling. Not to mention drowsiness and such. I guess some people would rather have the allergy symptoms

Any kind of medication can have side effects that vary from person to person.  One person may feel absolutely nothing in terms of side effects, while another person taking the exact same thing may feel such strong unpleasant effects that it makes taking the medication not worth it.  I mean, I take ibuprofen for the odd headache and I have no issues with it.  If I was one of the people who got stomach pains from taking it, I would definitely choose not to take it.  Wouldn't be a case of trying to be stronger than the headache, but a case of "This side effect is worse than the original thing, so I'm going to avoid that".

2 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

I mean, I take ibuprofen for the odd headache and I have no issues with it.  If I was one of the people who got stomach pains from taking it, I would definitely choose not to take it.

Wow, does ibuprofen affect some people that badly? I'm very glad that it doesn't affect me like that at all.

In the case of my wife, she will usually only take it if her allergies are really acting up. She doesn’t have any adverse effects to the medication but I guess she doesn’t feel like she needs it all the time.