Sneeze Fetish Forum

Another sneezy cold, tissues or handkerchiefs?

Eithne

Laid up in bed with yet another incredibly sneezy cold! I have a very persistent tickle in my nose that just won’t let up no matter how much I sneeze! For the most part the tickle is dull enough to ignore as best I can. But then, the tickle begins to grow. My eyes start to close, heads leans back, my jaw slackens. My breathing starts to hitch, until one final gasp and; 

“heh- HHAASSCCHHEEEWW” I snap forward with the force of my sneeze into the tissue waiting in my hand. 

This process has been repeating itself consistently for the last 5 hours. Sometimes I am even sneezing in rapid fire fits of three or four sneezes. 🤧 

As I have a still healing piercing in my nose I can’t blow it properly and relieve my congestion. So instead I tend to my nose as best I can by wiping gently and consistently.

My colds have become more and more sneezy since I’ve reached my mid twenties. I’ve found that after a while, tissues start to really irritate my poor nose.

Should I switch to handkerchiefs? 🤧 

Bless you, @Eithne! Thank yor for sharing.That sounds like a really sneezy cold. 💚

As for handkerchiefs versus tissues: If tissues irritate your nose, maybe it would be better indeed to switch to hankies. I imagine the soft cloth might feel nicer on your poor sore nose. 🤧 I hope you'll feel better soon! 🌻

Bless you! Hope you enjoy your cold!

As for handkerchiefs, give it a try! You should buy good ones and use them in a next cold beggining to end. You will notice the difference if you use them correctly and not overuse them wich is my guilty pleasure haha. Linen and cotton will be very gentle on your nose for sure.

Bless you and I hope that you feel better soon.

I love using handkerchiefs because I was the same with using some tissues. Abit of advice though is after whenyou have purchased them, wash them a couple of times prior to using them. I especially enjoy using the extra large ones so that i can bury my nose into them.

Like others have suggested, well-conditioned handkerchiefs can be very soft. This one, for example, has been washed many, many times and is perfectly capable of either gentle dabbing or receiving huge sneezes. Even softer, would be a silk handkerchief

whiterose.thumb.JPG.515b711673eea02004866c622c3bacc2.JPG

Thank you all for the advice! I think I’ll buy some handkerchiefs for my next cold and hopefully they will be easier on my poor nose 🤧 

My current cold is improving, no doubt I’ll fall sick with another soon. I’ll be sure to post again about the next one! 

48 minutes ago, Eithne said:

Thank you all for the advice! I think I’ll buy some handkerchiefs for my next cold and hopefully they will be easier on my poor nose 🤧 

My current cold is improving, no doubt I’ll fall sick with another soon. I’ll be sure to post again about the next one! 

Depending where you live, you may find it easier to buy handkerchiefs on-line (eBay is good). Glad to hear you're on the mend!

1 hour ago, JOHNM2 said:

Lovely Handkerchief to use including Mens as well.

Here is a set of my mens ones (in case you're wondering, the light and shadow effect on them is created by sunlight filtering through the lace tie of a vintage waitress apron ... but that's another story and probably for another forum! 🙂)

image.thumb.jpeg.cda897295715b5f1699e3ead490e2b7d.jpeg

Me too. I am still suffering from my Cold. Thankfully lots of Mens Handkerchiefs and Kleenex Tissues.

1 hour ago, JOHNM2 said:

Me too. I am still suffering from my Cold. Thankfully lots of Mens Handkerchiefs and Kleenex Tissues.

Bless you John. Hope that you're better soon.

On 3/26/2024 at 1:12 AM, Eithne said:

I switched to handkerchiefs a couple of years ago and have never looked back. I still use tissues sometimes but handkerchiefs are now my go to. 

Like you my colds have become a lot sneezier as I get older and a large, strong handkerchief folded into quarters is a lot nicer to catch a big wet sneeze than anything else

Yep Like you as well my Colds and Flu have become a whole lot sneezier as I have been getting older. The colds and Flu and allergies also seem to last a lot longer as well. I too use Large Mens Handkerchiefs and of course folded into quarters to catch the sneezes and of course the NoseBlows.

I also still suffering from this Cold and Allergies as well.