Sneeze Fetish Forum

The struggles of niche fandoms

Guessagain

After searching and not even finding vanilla fics of my current book series obsession, I began to write my own. Where are my niche fandom reps at? What underrated book/show/movie do you want to give a shout out to?

Mine:

Brash Brothers series by Jenna Myles

The Scarlet Pimpernel

The Orc Sworn series by Finley Fenn

Innocent Monster series by Stella Rainbow

Oh man, welcome to my ENTIRE life. I'm almost never into the same things as everyone else, there's always Current Popular Thing, and then me over in my corner being weird. :laugh: It's not a snobby "I'm too cool to like popular stuff", I'd give anything to be into stuff that gets a lot of content! It just works out that way for me. I can never really predict what's going to get my attention. There was that one time when I was into the Avengers when everybody else was too, and everybody was writing for it and there was so much content and it was so awesome. Sometimes I'll get into something that was popular, but I'm wandering in a couple of years after the party ended. :laugh:

I can say, though, if you're in your own corner making your own content for the stuff you love...people will notice, even if it might take a while. I've looked up fandoms because I liked the content someone was making for it, and I know other people do it too.  Or, even if people don't know what it's for, they can still be into the content made for it.  (Those comments that start with "I don't know this fandom but I loved this!")  Sometimes you'll even get a "Wow, I didn't think anyone was into this but me!" So keep at it!

Edited by SleepingPhlox
Missed a parenthesis

Honestly sometimes its just as annoying to find out the fandom you like IS being widely written but just not for your favourite character/ships :,) 

5 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

There was that one time when I was into the Avengers when everybody else was too, and everybody was writing for it and there was so much content and it was so awesome

Exactly! Marvel was everywhere but my underrated girls Natasha and Wanda are still majorly missing 💔 Same for series like Arcane, I see tons of stuff with Victor and the male characters but there's hardly any for Vi and Caitlyn together (...until I finish the fic I'm working on rn mwhahah)

But my general niche fandom with very little sickfic/snz content is Supergirl. I've seen a few things but it deserves more love, especially Lena - hot, kick-ass boss lady deserves the world. Its such an amazing series in general, Kara has her own lil sick appearance in the very first season and shes adorable. There's nothing not to love about it ...apart from the fact they set us up for a relationship with Kara and Lena then scrapped it :,)

I'm not plugged in to the SF fanfic scene but am a general fanfic enthusiast.  In particular Rizzoli & Isles is probably my favorite fanfic community because of the absolute bangers (Calamity Jane, Keys, Are You Lonesome Tonight, etc).  Is there any Rizzles sneezefic out there?