Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneezes and Surgeries (Grey's Anatomy, Link)

ToastedBagel

**PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE LAST 2 SEASONS OF GREY'S ANATOMY. I DO NOT WANT TO SPOIL ANYTHING FOR ANYONE**

Hello all! I just finished the last 2 seasons of Grey's that have come out so far and while I wont spoil anything in the intro in CASE you're still reading, I will say that my heart is happy. I have also noticed that There are not a lot of Grey's Anatomy content on here, maybe because it's been a very long running show and season 10 and beyond are not as good (in my honest opinion) BUT there are definitely some good parts. That's why I have decided to write this fic. I have been kind of fawning over Link the past few seasons, for good reason. And I figured that I would maybe satisfy some fans minds with a sneezefic. (Because let's face it, in a show that's gone on for almost 20 SEASONS, how is there not more sickness in the show? Maybe because normal people don't obsess over it like we do. Either way, I'm shocked there isn't more considering it's based around a hospital lol!)

Anyways, I will stop rambling and get on with it but I do have to note a couple small things:

1. I have tried my best to do research on medical terms and conditions, but if there's anything inaccurate, I'm sorry, I tried my best!

2. I also don't feel as if I am that good of a writer, mediocre at best. I do love writing but if there are any resources out there that would help my writing skills I would greatly appreciate a recommendation! I know that this is just a forum and I don't need to be an extraordinary writer but I would love to be able to write other things as well!

With that being said, here's the fic. Let me know if you want more!!

Again, do not read past this point if you do not want to be spoiled, thank you! 

It had been a few weeks since Link had confessed his love for Jo. He was still surprised that she had reciprocated after the way he treated her over Sam, but nonetheless, he couldn't be happier. The last few weeks had been incredible. He had the girl that he had fallen in love with the moment he saw her he didn't have but I few minor broken bones at work. He was confident and happy. That is until he woke up Wednesday morning with something that he wanted so hard to deny, A cold.

Link made his way out of bed his joints aching as he sat up. Jo was already at the hospital, being paged for a birth in the wee hours of the morning. He thought for a split second that he would just stay home, his head pounding and his nose running like a faucet, but he had a hip replacement patient that he needed to check in on and make sure he was recovering as expected. So he willed himself up, even though all he wanted to do was curl back up in bed and wat some of that black bean soup that Jo loved to make for him.

--------------------------------------

"Link, you are wanted for a consult for bed 12, guy tripped while training for his marathon."

"Thanks Bailey," Link responded, making his way over. He swiped his finer under his nose hoping that no one would notice the way he felt.

Millin handed him the tablet with the patient's history she had taken, Link took a quick look and then applied some hand sanitizer.

"So you said you tripped while training for a marathon?" Like asked as he examined the patient's leg.

"Yeah, I was running and tripped over a cracked part of the sidewalk. How lame is that?"

"Well, lame enough that it caused what seems like  a break in your femur. I wont know the extent if it until we do some x-rays. Millin, will you take him down?"

"Of course."

"Come find me as soon as you have the scan'

Link stepped away from the bed, grabbing at the back of his head. The bright hospital lights only made his headache worse, but his spirit was lifted when he saw Jo stride towards him, an extra coffee in hand.

"Mocha latte for you," she said, smiling.

"Thanks, I really needed this," his voice scratchier than it was minutes ago. Not only was his head and body aching but his nose was becoming itchy and sore from snuffling every dew seconds.

"Do you need to go lay down and rest?" Jo became concerned.

"Why-" Link cleared his throat nervously but it stayed the same, "Why would you think that?"

"Have you looked in a mirror? I bet you caught what Luna had last week. That would explain why you're a sniffly mess," she was trying to keep the mood light. Link admired her. He was somewhat embarrassed. He had known Jo for a long time, but now that they were officially together he was a little embarrassed that she had to see him like this.

"I'm sure it's just allergies, no biggie." Link tried to convince himself that it was just allergies but he wasn't doing a very good job and he knew Jo could see right through him. If he didn't look the part he sure sounded the part, getting more and more congested by the minute.

"I've known you for how long and you've never mentioned you having allergies?" Jo asked, suspiciously. She noticed how red Link's nose was, he really did look miserable. All of the sudden, Link's head tilted back slightly. He took a deep breath in an attempt to fight off the terrible tickle that had developed but it only made it worse. He quickly turned away from his girlfriend and was barely able to cover the triplet that shuddered from his body.

"Hrrreshhh!! HuhEshh! HuhEssgg-kshh!!"

Link groaned, while pressing the bridge of his nose in discomfort, "oh man, excuse me."

"Allergies, huh? Bless you, but I don't believe it for a second. Just admit that you've caught something."

"Well that would be too- heh- easy, wouldn't it?" Link said playfully, trying not to sneeze again.

"You look like you don't feel well, Link. Your nose is red, you're congested and you can't speak a full sentence without sniffling. I can see the exhaustion in your eyes."

"Jo.."

"Atticus," Jo said, her voice more stern. Link knew she was serious when she said his first name. He knew he had lost yet he wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around her. He was grateful that she cared for him so much. He really wanted to push through work but he knew that it wouldn't look good if he was treating patients if he himself was under the weather.

"Fine, but I'm staying here."

Jo eyeballed him, grasping his hand gently as he made his way out of the ER to find an empty on call room. "Make sure you drink lots of fluids!"

----------------------------------

A few hours had passed and Link awoke to the creaking of the on call room door. Jo stepped inside, holding a styrofoam cup. She sat down next to him and placed her hand on his side, gently, assuming that he was still asleep. Link groggily turned over to face her, attempting to sit up. There was a pile of used tissues on the ground next to them.

"Um- I'm going to clean those up," he said nervously.

"Mmhmm. Here. I brought you something to eat, It's not black bean soup, it's just crappy ramen from the cafeteria, but it's better than starving, I suppose."

"Thanks," Link sat up slowly, groaning in pain. He grabbed the ramen from Jo and went to take a bite interrupted by that familiar tickle creeping back into his sinuses. He quickly scanned the room for tissues but realized that he must have emptied the box. He couldn't even count the amount of times he had sneezed since arriving at work and he wasn't sure if it was because of the brain fog this cold was giving him or if he had just sneezed that many times already. Maybe both. He swung his waist around as best he could, bringing up a closed fist in a small attempt to cover his sneeze. 

"Heh-esshhh!!"

Jo grabbed the ramen from his hand and gently rubbed his back, she could tell he wasn't quite done. Link attempted to stifle the next one but quickly figured out that that was a bad idea because it didn't give him any relief, it just made the sensation even worse, resulting in even stronger sneezes that would knock him to the ground had he been standing. Link was never a huge sneezer but for some reason this cold was kicking his butt and he had been sneezing in multiples the whole day so far. 

"Hih-tschh-kssh! Heh- Heh-shchessh!! HuhEssh!! HuhEsshh-kshh! Hi- hih- Ht'kshht!!"

Link buried his face in his hands, whimpering for a second at the pain the last fit had caused his whole body.

"Bless you, I don't know that I've ever seen you sneeze this much."

"I normally don't," he whispered with what voice he had left. "This cold is really knocking me down."

Jo smirked, "I think Luna handled it better than you are."

Link let out a congested chuckle but it turned into a small coughing fit.

"You really should go home and sleep in your own bed."

"You're probably right," Link replied, defeated. "I guess I feel worse than I thought I did."

"I could have told you that from the start," Jo said quietly as she pushed his disheveled hair out of his eyes. They were ridden with irritation and exhaustion but we also still as blue as ever. She couldn't help but blush. Link rested his forehead on Jo's, the temperature of her skin comforting his feverish body. Jo leaned in but Link pulled away.

"I will feel terrible if I give you this nasty cold, it's not fun," he shot her a soft glare.

"Atticus Lincoln," she said almost whispering. She leaned back in and pressed her lips against Link's, causing him to smile bigger than he had this whole day. Despite how he was feeling he pulled her in and embraced her, deepening the kiss. Mid kiss, Jo placed her hand on his chest and pushed him away slightly. "Okay, we can't get too carried away, you don't feel 100%, remember?"

"I f-feel better, really!" Link's breath waivered for a moment before he was twisting away once more, sneezing into a cupped hand. 

"Hihh-eesshh!!"

"Point proven."

Link sniffled, he really needed to blow his nose, "I really need to find some tissues, I used all of the ones in this room."

"Well we can go find you some and then are going back to the house and resting. Are you okay to drive? I don't need you having a sneeze attack in the car and then ending up back here as a patient."

Link chuckled, "I think I will be okay."

Edited by ToastedBagel
Blank space at end that didn't get deleted

I love this show!! I haven’t watched the last 5-6 seasons but I still really enjoyed this 😍

i love greys so much but they really do need more sick days like when teddy caught i cold!! this story is so good i hope there is more!!!