Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Do you happen to have a handkerchief on you?"

launderedlace

Massive thanks to @Rick for co-authoring and inspiring this - hope some of you enjoy the read!

Phil and Danny are normally very well organized handkerchief-wise. Very occasionally, though, they have to help eachother out. Then the unthinkable happened

The first help out

Danny had searched all his pockets and both sleeves before realizing he had a problem and punctuated his forlorn rummaging with a sniff

'I don't suppose you have a spare handkerchief, do you?' he asked Phil, sheepishly, 'I stupidly seem to have come out without one'

Delving into his own sleeve, Phil produced a square of perfectly laundered handkerchief which Danny immediately recognised as one he'd seen before

image.png.e80066b000bb88fce4501bdabed404b6.png

floral and scalloped.jpg - Images - Sneeze Fetish Forum

'Are you sure? I know it's one of your favourites, and something of a family heirloom, isn't it?'

'Of course, and believe me, it doesn't get treated as though it's anything too precious'

Danny took the proffered handkerchief, shook it open, then paused a moment to admire the pretty details: a charming floral border accentuated by a sophisticated edging of scalloping

'It's really lovely,' Danny shared appreciatively, 'I've enjoyed seeing you use it on various occasions before, but I have sometimes thought you treat it a little harshly'

Phil grinned, 'Don't be ridiculous, it's a handkerchief, and you know perfectly well how any handkerchief of mine is going to get used!'

Raising the centre of Phil's flowery handkerchief to his nose, Danny pinched gently with a finger and thumb, the fabric scarcely twitching. A little more vigorously, using both forefingers, he then pushed the soft, fine material into both nostrils and massaged. Briefly inspecting, Danny saw several small sullying damp spots amongt the handkerchief's pristiness

'I'm so sorry,' apologized Danny, 'it's the last thing I wanted to do: dirty such a beautiful handkerchief.' In saying this, he refolded the handkerchief down to quarter size and carefully pushed it into one of his own sleeves, so as to minimize the crumpling

'Is that all that's going to happen,' remonstrated Phil, 'why don't you use it properly and empty your nose out into it; it's obvious that you need to ?!'

Slightly chastised, Danny retrieved the handkerchief, took out the folds again and, this time, completely buried his nose into the comforting vintage cotton. Looking on, Phil witnessed Danny's initial gentle blow escalate into something forceful, to the accompaniment of thick, snotty gurgling. The handkerchief, in the manner it had become accustomed to in Phil's hands, shook vigorously as it received copious, powerful, surges of mess. Several such blows later, Danny removed the handkerchief, inspected its horrid contents, and crumpled it embarrassedly. Pushing it again into his sleeve, just a short portion of scalloping remained on show 

'Please, you'll have to forgive me, I'll make sure that I wash and iron this and return it to you as soon as possible; I don't think even you have ever treated this gorgeous handkerchief so unkindly'

Phil smiled, knowing full well that he had; on numerous occasions, and was already looking forwards to doing so again

The second help out

Phil’s nose emitted an uncommon sound for him – restrained, but unmistakably a small sniffle as the sides of his nostrils flexed briefly with the intake of air. Feeling the small run forming in his nose, he absently patted his trouser pocket, then his jacket, expecting to find one of his usual enormous cloth bandanas folded away there. Instead, he came up empty-handed, not even a tissue – not that a single tissue had ever been able to allow his nose much of the relief it now craved – so he sniffed again, harder this time

Danny noticed this uncharacteristic sniff “You okay?”

“Yeah, just my nose is bothering me and I’ve not got a hanky on me.”

Phil kept the next sniff, more subtle, but even this turned out to be a mistake as his nose protested “Gonna… eh…snee… AHH---hUUH.. HUUPP---tew!” His hand flew to his nose, clamping it between thumb and fingers to cork in what was undoubtedly built up to be a monstrous sneeze at the last possible second, the slightly girly ending slipping out involuntarily.

Danny knew that a sneeze like that wasn’t going to be the end of it for a nose that size. He reached into his sleeve and pulled out two neatly folded squares of white cloth each with an elaborate pattern of embroidered blue flowers showing, and quickly pushed one of the handkerchiefs into Phil’s hand, who had no time to look at what he’d been given but simply brought his hand back up and crushed his broad, violently twitching nostrils in the small folded square, flowers showing on the outside of the wad

image.png.94ee7de6b7f52b1e33a10fa35666d09f.png

blue flowers for story.JPG - Images - Sneeze Fetish Forum

“Uh, here I –ah- go…”Phil took a huge gasp as his nose rebelled mightily against his determined efforts at control “HAAH—UPP-tew! Hup-tew…Hup-tew…Hup-tew…HARUPP---choo!” With that last sneeze ,Phil felt like his nose was completely full “Sorry, godda blow be dose!”

“I’m not surprised!! Please, go ahead, I don’t mind.”

Phil shook the handkerchief open to its fullest extent, realizing it was smaller than he would have liked, crisply ironed folds supporting the embroidered section at the bottom as he stretched the hem around the fingertips of both hands and wrapped it over his nose. After a deep, lung-swelling inhalation he blew hard out of both nostrils together with a deep, resonant honk. While some thin wetness pooled into the pocket of handkerchief he’d formed, enough to stop his nose running, he was only really thinking of heading off the next round of sneezes.

He turned the handkerchief around, moving onto the next edge, and re-wrapped it. This time he blew even harder, his skilled fingers alternating nostrils through the fine fabric, pushing one closed then the other. Despite the thick sluice of heavy congestion exiting his nose into two distinct sticky wet circles in the handkerchief, the only sound that could be heard was a foghorn-like honking that made Danny take a small step back. Coming to the end of his blow, Phil opened both nostrils again and gave a final series of smaller but still deep honks. He turned the handkerchief around one final time and sandwiched his nose in it between both hands, rubbing backwards and forwards away from his face, noticing a pleasant friction from the embroidery against one side of his nose.

“Better? That was quite a display, even for you – sounds like you needed it!”

“Much better, thank you! I’d better take this hanky, sorry, I’ve given it quite a battering”, replied Phil, now without a trace of his previous congestion.
Danny smiled “And my eardrums!...”

The unthinkable

Travelling together on a train, Phil and Danny had been chatting in a convivial manner with the elegant yet friendly woman sitting opposite them . Feeling his nose beginning to run, Danny searched for a handkerchief; despite being mildly irritated with himself at finding none, he turned to Phil in a reasonably relaxed manner to ask

‘You wouldn’t be able to help me out, would you, I’ve done it again: come out without a handkerchief?!'

‘Of course, not a problem,’ replied Phil, already beginning to search

The longer the search continued fruitlessly, the bigger the frown became on Phil’s face

‘Dammit, I can’t believe I haven’t got one either, what a pair we are!’

Quickly understanding the situation, the woman reached into the side pocket of her jacket then flourished the frilly white expanse of a sophisticated lace handkerchief

‘Goodness me, please feel free to use this,’ she assured Danny, beginning to move the beautiful handkerchief in his direction

Completely unexpectedly, at that very moment, Phil erupted with an enormous sneeze which, through instinct alone, he managed to part-contain with cupped, open hands, at the same time distracting the woman who now looked in his direction, noticing Phil’s predicament

image.png.8c3145b305fb9d42995cb27237412756.png

Carl Erickson drawing.jpg - Images - Sneeze Fetish Forum

‘Oh dear, I can see this is going to have to work extra-hard for all of us; unfortunately, it’s the only handkerchief I have with me today, but it’s got more to it than mere prettiness, thankfully’

She passed the handkerchief to Phil, who hesitantly, but appreciatively, took it, inadvertently transferring some of the wetness of his hands on to the exquisite and expensive-looking lace

‘Are you sure?’ he asked quietly, ‘I’ll be able to manage with a gentle wipe and doubtless Danny will be able to sort his nose out with a dab or two’

‘Don’t be silly,’ the woman assured, smiling, ‘please blow as hard as you like, both of you’

Phil deployed the handkerchief around his nose in his accustomed manner, noticing the pleasant feel of the lace, gathered himself and blew with all his force. Accompanying the impressively loud honk, which was probably heard throughout the carriage, the distinct sound of thick gurgling was discernible as nostrils were emptied into fine cambric. Danny, with some pleasure, noticed the handkerchief’s lovely border of lace shudder indignantly under the assault; the woman looked on, interested but unconcerned

Completing, Phil apologized and, looking to the woman for confirmation which was readily forthcoming, passed the significantly dampened fabric to Danny. After a quick search to find a still dry section, Danny began; marginally less forcefully than Phil, but the ensuing copious torrents of snot smearing onto the woman’s handkerchief were again audible to all

‘ Let me see,’ the woman requested disarmingly, ‘I want to make sure you’ve both made the best use possible of my handkerchief before I get off at the next stop. Are you sure you’ll be okay now; if not, I’m happy to leave it with you?’ 

Satisfied, by a quick glance, that virtually the whole of it was now covered with the revolting mess produced by Phil and Danny, the woman discreetly dabbed her own nose, covering the lower part of her face with filthy crumples of heirloom lace. Following an agreement that they wouldn’t need it again, and receiving further acknowledgment of her wonderful generosity, the woman then tucked the heavily soiled handkerchief into the sleeve of her silk blouse and linen jacket. Although the jacket masked what was happening underneath, it could safely be assumed that Phil and Danny’s snot was beginning to stain the silk

And with that, the train pulled into the woman’s station; with a warm farewell, she descended onto the platform, leaving Phil and Danny to reflect on a memorable experience. Might there be some merit in them both deliberately forgetting their handkerchiefs again?!

image.png

How wonderfully written! Makes me want to grab a pretty handkerchief instead of tissues for my current congestion.

1 hour ago, CharliesGirl said:

How wonderfully written! Makes me want to grab a pretty handkerchief instead of tissues for my current congestion.

Thanks, @CharliesGirl. Yes, I'm sure one of those handkerchiefs would soon help you sort out that congestion (hope you're finding a way through, by the way).

We had fun playing about with some ideas for this story!