Sneeze Fetish Forum

Damp Weather and Sneezing

kathleenh4656

If must be a barometer thing. I get sneezy and drippy whenever there's pending rain or snow. Tonight is very damp and humid, with more rain later, around 11 p.m. I hope I can catch a few sneezes for the group. Does anyone here study atmospheric information?

I'm not an expert of the matter, but I've met people who are allergic to humidity. I read it happens because of airbone moss/fungus spores reproduce under those conditions.
Maybe it could be related? It really sounded like an indoor thing to me.

There’s two different things that I think are being conflating: one is a mould allergy, the other is a vasomotor rhinitis (non allergic reaction) to fluctuations in humidity.

This is not really the same thing, but I had a friend who once said he tended to sneeze when it was damp or raining. I think because water got up his nose and irritated it, causing tickles and making him sneeze.

What he actually said was “I’m allergic to rain” which doesn’t really make any sense - nice to hear him talk about it though. And his sneezes were lovely.

2 hours ago, solitaire-au said:

There’s two different things that I think are being conflating: one is a mould allergy, the other is a vasomotor rhinitis (non allergic reaction) to fluctuations in humidity.

Both are totally possible and I'm overdue for dusting my place.