Sneeze Fetish Forum

Question for the photic sneezers!

outdagamee

Ok so I’m super curious now. 

I heard that there were 2 versions of photic sneezing. 
1. Full strength: you sneeze when you are exposed to strong light without the urge to sneeze in the first place?

2. Light version: if you feel the urge to sneeze but can’t do it, you look at a bright light and it happens; however there was no tickle in the first place.

Which one are you and how does it feel?  Or if you know someone that’s photic feel free to answer too. I’m just curious lol. 

I had a friend that did it literally anytime he saw a bright light. Even if he didn’t need to sneeze to begin with. It was always fun to watch!

I'm sort of a semi-photic sneezer. In that it's not 100% guaranteed every time. 

Like I'll come out from a store or something, into a really bright sunny day and I'll get that intense sudden buildup as soon as the sun hits my eyes. I'm lucky if I can make it back to my vehicle before I let them out. Usually 1 to 2 sneezes

But then there's other times, when I'll come outside under the same exact scenario, and nothing. Not even the slightest tickle in my nose. It's really unpredictable for me

I'm a photic sneezer and I would say I'm a bit of both. Going out into strong sunlight can often make me sneeze (not always though) and if I need to get a sneeze out it sometimes helps me to look at a bright light.

4 hours ago, PapaBear70 said:

Like I'll come out from a store or something, into a really bright sunny day and I'll get that intense sudden buildup as soon as the sun hits my eyes. I'm lucky if I can make it back to my vehicle before I let them out. Usually 1 to 2 sneezes

But then there's other times, when I'll come outside under the same exact scenario, and nothing. Not even the slightest tickle in my nose. It's really unpredictable for me

Wow so it's not always a guarantee? I never realized there was so much variation to it. Are you just a sun sneezer or do bright lights work too, like lamps etc? 

4 hours ago, Likesn said:

I'm a photic sneezer and I would say I'm a bit of both. Going out into strong sunlight can often make me sneeze (not always though) and if I need to get a sneeze out it sometimes helps me to look at a bright light.

Sounds so convenient to get a sneeze out from just bright light! wish I was that lucky lol

7 hours ago, PapaBear70 said:

@Papabear70 Are your eyes by any chance light blue? My 2nd husband had almost sky blue eyes, and very intense photic sneezes.

I've often wondered if eye color has anything so do with it.

7 hours ago, outdagamee said:

Wow so it's not always a guarantee? I never realized there was so much variation to it. Are you just a sun sneezer or do bright lights work too, like lamps etc? 

Nope. It's not guaranteed. I really kind of wish it was. It's very unpredictable.

Just a sun sneezer when it happens. Bright lights won't do it unless I've already got a sneeze on the brink

4 hours ago, kathleenh4656 said:

@Papabear70 Are your eyes by any chance light blue? My 2nd husband had almost sky blue eyes, and very intense photic sneezes.

I've often wondered if eye color has anything so do with it.

Hmm... It's an interesting theory. But no. Mine are brown. I honestly wouldn't mind some intense photic sneezes if they were consistent. I'd say mine happen about one third of the time or so. But when they happen, they're virtually unstoppable 

17 hours ago, outdagamee said:

Sounds so convenient to get a sneeze out from just bright light! wish I was that lucky lol

The downside is the bright sunlight part. I'd really like to just go outside when the sun is bright and not worry that I might have to sneeze.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:31 AM, outdagamee said:

Ok so I’m super curious now. 

I heard that there were 2 versions of photic sneezing. 
1. Full strength: you sneeze when you are exposed to strong light without the urge to sneeze in the first place?

2. Light version: if you feel the urge to sneeze but can’t do it, you look at a bright light and it happens; however there was no tickle in the first place.

Which one are you and how does it feel?  Or if you know someone that’s photic feel free to answer too. I’m just curious lol. 

I had a friend that did it literally anytime he saw a bright light. Even if he didn’t need to sneeze to begin with. It was always fun to watch!

I mean, I'm both--- so I guess full strength. I thought it was a common thing tho? Not like I go asking people randomly, but all of my family is like me... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

5 hours ago, AxelCode said:

I mean, I'm both--- so I guess full strength. I thought it was a common thing tho? Not like I go asking people randomly, but all of my family is like me... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Nah it's genetic so not everyone can do it and only 35% of the population has the gene. It would make sense that your entire family does it similar to you. 

I'm number one but I have to look at the sun and think about sneezing :watsup:

And it's just the sun. Bright lights don't do it 

Edited by Rhomberg Rabbit

Fascinating topic, this photic sneezing.  The two categories might account for the very wide range of the population who might have the trait - 15% to 30% is a huge difference.  So perhaps 15% represents the full strength version, and 30% for those who use it just to help a stubborn sneeze along.  

But these percentages seem way too high from day-to-day experience : just how often do any of us here get to observe someone sneezing in the sun?

I'm 2 and it just somehow feels like a deep tickle way in your nose not like by the surface and then it just coaxes it out. big fan haha

• 2 weeks later...

I am the second one. I'm not a frequent sneezer at all. If I do need to sneeze already though, bright light will force it out. This is interesting as someone with extreme mental block! Without any extra input like bright light or some kind of rare irritant (have no allergies) or a cold, my body is basically incapable of sneezing in public/in front of others. i'll build up (as quietly as i possibly can) but then its like my brain just shuts it down. however prolonged exposure to a bright light (like the sun lol) will almost certainly make me sneeze if i have a small tickle already. so, funnily, if i have to sneeze in public, i will often look sharply down or tightly close my eyes, impulsively, to try and stop the visual flow of light from making me sneeze