Sneeze Fetish Forum

Personal messages are all gone?

HornedSerpent

Posted (edited)

Hi there! I haven't been around for a while, but came back to try and be active again and found all of my  messages are gone/cleared out! Were they deleted? Archived? Is there any way to get them back? 

Thanks!

Edited by HornedSerpent
  • HornedSerpent changed the title to Personal messages are all gone?

Sadly, they all went permanently missing a while ago during a…server update? Software update? Something techy like that.

I seem to recall there being a thread about it somewhere, but I don’t recall what or where.

Sorry. :(

Hi,

There was an issue where one of the forum updates turned on a feature to prune/delete private messages that hadn't been responded to for a while - if I remember correctly, most messages that hadn't been touched since end of 2022/beginning of 2023 got wiped out and there's no way of retrieving them I'm afraid. :(

I've since disabled that "feature" so it shouldn't happen again in the future though.

16 hours ago, Mr_G said:

Hi,

There was an issue where one of the forum updates turned on a feature to prune/delete private messages that hadn't been responded to for a while - if I remember correctly, most messages that hadn't been touched since end of 2022/beginning of 2023 got wiped out and there's no way of retrieving them I'm afraid. :(

I've since disabled that "feature" so it shouldn't happen again in the future though.

Ahhh explains it.... I've had like Dms with quite several people and old chats that have just been wiped away which really sucks, but at least now we know that dms won't be wiped away anymore.

Thank you for clarifying this, and thank you so much for disabling that feature.

Man... I lost several really nice fics made for me and that I made for them, and all the messages. What a bummer. 😭 Irreplaceable!