Sneeze Fetish Forum

Natto's Drabble Thread

Natto

Hello there! Taking part in a drabble challenge set up by Dove and I, details of which can be found here. Anyway, I'll be writing about Death Note. I'm not placing any limits on what characters I use, which means they could be male and they could be female. I'll probably be leaning towards the boys, though. Since I'm somewhat of a coldwhore, there's going to be a lot of illness here, but probably some allergies too. Probably not as much in the way of unprompted sneezing unless I get a good idea. There will also be plenty without any sneezing, but it'll incorporate the fetish somehow.

1 - Kink :: 2 - Science Fiction :: 3 - Frightened :: 4 - Fake :: 5 – Pencil :: 6 – Squint :: 7 – Misplaced :: 8 – Joy :: 9 - Touched :: 10 – Cough :: 11 – Hot/Cold :: 12 – Sin :: 13 – Care :: 14 – Frail :: 15 – The End :: 16 – Three :: 17 – Never :: 18 – Midnight :: 19 – Promise :: 20 – Fight :: 21 – Pollen :: 22 – Embarrassment :: 23 – Alcohol :: 24 – Mask :: 25 – Mistake :: 26 – Suspicion :: 27 – Disagreement :: 28 – Assignment :: 29 – Purple :: 30 – June :: 31 – Calculating :: 32 – Fall :: 33 – Cry :: 34 – Relief :: 35 – Breath :: 36 – Miserable :: 37 – Chocolate :: 38 – Violent :: 39 – Muffle :: 40 – Swift :: 41 – Run :: 42 – Poison :: 43 – Contagion :: 44 – Tissue :: 45 – Sore :: 46 – Enraptured :: 47 – Wary :: 48 – Pathetic :: 49 – Sweat :: 50 – Gentle :: 51 – Milk :: 52 – Ravenous :: 53 – Blanket :: 54 – Needles :: 55 – Sports :: 55 – Ruin :: 56 – Lovely :: 57 – Hospital :: 58 – Annoying :: 59 – Mother :: 60 – Bike :: 61 – Idiot :: 62 – Puppy :: 63 – Control :: 64 – Unfair :: 65 – Similarities :: 66 – Raincoat :: 67 – Worship :: 68 – Attitude :: 69 – Fuck :: 70 – Confession :: 71 – Floor :: 72 – Remedy :: 73 – Don’t :: 74 – Ego :: 75 – Heartless :: 76 – Lullaby :: 77 – Secret :: 78 – Shut Up :: 79 – Music :: 80 – Grudge :: 81 – Solitude :: 82 – Magic :: 83 – Dirty :: 84 – City :: 85 – Teacher :: 86 – Sky :: 87 – Hypocrite :: 88 – Tattoo :: 89 – Money :: 90 – Childhood :: 91 – Goodbye :: 92 – Victory :: 93 – Weather :: 94 – Photo :: 95 – Rage :: 96 – Internet:: 97 – Fashion :: 98 – Favor :: 99 – Lazy :: 100 – Airplane

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Series: Death Note

Characters: Near, Rester

Word Count: 100

Prompt: #100 - Airplane

Fourteen hours in transit should be enough to shut off Rester’s parental instincts. He plans to ignore Near on their flight to Japan, and he almost does, until he’s jolted out of sleep by a congested snort and a small “nnngchh!” from his co-traveler. Three more follow, and Rester asks if he’s alright.

“Rhinovirus,” Near says, sniffling. The wording is bizarre, and Rester almost laughs. Instead he passes him a stick of gum, says, “chew this during take off, changes in altitude are difficult with a cold, and gum will help.”

Near doesn’t thank him. Rester assumes he meant to.

~`~`~

Characters: Mikami

Prompt: #30 - June

Teru hates his mother for many reasons, but one of the main ones is that she gave birth to him in June. He knows he was an accident, that there was no way she could have timed it better, but all the same. Thank God he isn’t expected to celebrate it any longer. His allergies are at their worst in June, and Teru isn’t a party person at the best of times, and he definitely isn’t a party person when he’s plowed through two boxes of tissues in one day. Oh, June is a wretched time to have a birthday.

~`~`~

Characters: Misa, Light

Prompt: #62 - Puppy

“Light!” Misa calls, hand cupped around her garish smile. “I brought you a surprise!”

No surprise from Misa could be a good thing, Light is sure of that. His doubt proves well-founded when he finds a puppy squirming in her arms. It doesn’t take more than a second before his nose begins to burn. He sniffles wetly, cups his hands to his face and tries to speak. “Get that creature awayahhhchoo! Hachoo! Ahhhchh! Oh god, Misa, I’m allergiichoo! Allergic to dogs.”

Misa pouts, but she complies. But she keeps the dog, and every visit from then on makes him sneeze.

Oh, wow! You're off to a great start, I see. :o I really liked the first one a lot. Keep up the good work!

:o Spoo~

Hee hee... I like the ending of 'Airplane'... :glee:

Isn't this FUN? :o

@ Mewling -- Thank you very much! And oh god, DBZ. It's been so long since I've seen anything with DBZ, you're awesome. XD;

@ Spoo -- Thanks, glad you're enjoying it! Hopefully I'll be able to put up some more, soon.

@ Dove -- I will probably be torturing him quite a bit here. XD; He's my favorite person to mess with.

@ Shiny bug -- It would be an interesting party, wouldn't it? Doubt it'd be much fun for Teru, but...

@ Maru-chan -- Well good, I rewrote it like five times to get the wording right. XD; Still not in love with it, but I'm glad you think it worked! And yes, this is fun. :o I'm hoping I'll have time to write more soon, school is eating me alive.

Ugh, unfortunately it's impossible to edit the first post. Had no idea. Well, I guess I'll just keep track of it on my own. Anyway, three more for you! #99 (the third one) has quite a bit of cursing and vulgarity, just to warn you.

~`~`~

Characters: Matt, Mello, Near

Prompt: #43 - Contagion

Matt's cold requires upkeep. By his estimation he’s spent twenty minutes out of the last hour blowing his nose, and somewhere between six and nine minutes coughing and sneezing. Ten minutes whining to Mello. He's distracted, ridiculously so. Mello wants Near to be distracted. He won't spend much time complaining, but the coughs and sneezes might be enough to screw him over on the next exam. And so he slumps against Matt's bed and tries to talk him into licking Near's face.

Laughing, Matt says, "dude, you're the one who’s going to get sick if you keep hanging around me."

~`~`~

Characters: Mikami, Light

Prompt: #67 - Worship

Though you are ecstatic to hear your precious God’s voice, (it is only the third time you have been blessed enough to hear it) you find yourself disturbed by His failure to pronounce your name. It's Mikami, not Bikabi, and you are trying not to think about why He has got it wrong. Four sneezes made static through the phone line confirm your fears, as does His irritated grumbling about having a cold. Your world is shaken, because God is not subject to the plagues of humanity, God is flawless. You wonder if perhaps you are not talking to God.

~`~`~

Characters: Higuchi, Namikawa, Midou

Prompt: #99 - Lazy

"God, that Namikawa is a lazy fucking piece of shit. How the fuck does someone take the day off for a cold? I know he said he had a fever or something, but big fucking deal. Remember when I had that crazy allergic reaction with every symptom ever? Almost shit myself I had diarrhea so bad, couldn't go ten seconds without sneezing, but I still came into work. Annoyed the fuck out of everybody, but I was there. I’m not a wimp like Princess Namikawa."

"Higuchi, no one understands why you came into work then, or why you ever do."

Oh man, Mikami's is just perfect. I always love the way that you write second person. And Higuichi...Oh my. Good job to Midou for telling it like it is. Excellent, as always. :)

Damn I like the Mikami-Light one. :) Their whole relationship is so twisted and wonderful; and your second person gives the feeling that it's the voice of doubt talking (if that makes any sense).

I agree with Shiny 100%. :)B) The second one was epic. Hah, and the third had me laughing pretty hard. XD Awesomeness!

I've heard of Death Note but I've never actually watched it. :unsure:

Your drabbles were well worth reading though! :D

I especially liked the Puppy one and the Lazy one. The Lazy one made me laugh! :D

@ sneeztensia -- Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it.

@ dove -- Somehow, I just can't see Midou being too concerned about Higuchi's feelings, I don't know about you. XD;

@ Shiny bug -- I tend to write in second person when I'm writing about something particular twisted or depressing. Don't know why that is, but I'm glad it worked. And I love Mikami and Light's relationship too...unfortunately in canon they don't even meet until the end, but there's still a lot to extrapolate on. And I'm totally fascinated with the concept of raising up another human as a god.

@ Spoo -- XD; Glad you liked, thank you! This particular character, Higuchi, is a giant prick, so I like writing about him, it amuses me.

@ catmuffinz -- I highly recommend watching/reading Death Note, it's a wonderful series. I'm glad you liked the drabbles despite not being familiar with the canon! And yeah, the 'lazy' one amused me too. And you liked puppy! The idea of this particular character being allergic to dogs is stupidly cute to me.

ah, I looove these =)

especially the last line of the last drabble XD

So apparently I'm only writing about colds today. And I finally wrote one about L, for some reason I hadn't touched him yet!

Oh also, thank you lalaland for commenting, I was hoping I'd hear from you. I remember reading something by you that I really liked about Mikami. :D

~`~`~

Characters: Child!Mikami, Mikami's mother

Prompt: #89 - Money

Tissues cost nearly 300 yen, and cough drops are 100. Aspirin (the good kind, the kind that works) is 600 yen at the least. This means that it costs more than dinner does to treat a cold, and that’s if you’re doing it cheaply. Sakura Mikami’s son Teru is currently pretending he’s not sick, but the endless stream of whimpers, sniffles and coughs say otherwise. She isn’t sure if he’d admit it if he weren’t aware of how expensive supplies were and how little they could afford them, but she knows that he does know. For that, she hates herself.

~`~`~

Characters: Light, Misa

Prompt: #57 - Hospital

“I’m afraid I’ll have to cancel our date tonight,” Light sniffs. “I’m feel…li...nngchh! feeling a little under the weather.”

Misa gasps, her voice harsh and staticky over the phone line. “Oh no Light, that’s terrible! Are you okay?! You should go to the doctor right away, or the hospital! We can’t risk anything happening to you!”

“Misa, that’s ridiculous,” he says, vigorously rubbing his itchy nose. “Please relax, it’s only a cold.”

“But Light, what if it’s serious?” she whines. How stupid. Too bad he’s too busy trying to beat his nose into submission with a tissue to lecture her.

~`~`~

Characters: L, Light

Prompt: #51 - Milk

Another bite of his death-by-chocolate ice cream leads to needing to blow his nose again, and the next bite does the same. He knows that milk products lead to increased mucus production, which is significant when one is in possession of a cold, but he had not expected it to work so quickly. Nor did he expect Light to keep his mouth shut about it. Oh, he’s looking at him. Probably wondering whether or not to warn him about the mucus problem.

In the end, he knows better then to talk. And L takes another bite of his ice cream.

I squee'd a little bit at the Light/Misa one. :D And oh, L. You stubborn jerk. Ugh...Mikami's just kills me. Poor little kid...

Excellent addition, I love all of them! And I really admire your ability to keep them ALL exactly 100 words. I wouldn't be able to get anywhere close. :P

I love these drabbles. Poor little Mikami. :P And even though I don't usually pity Light...Misa sure is a piece of work sometimes. ;) Thanks for these. They're amazing.

@ Dove - It isn't really that hard, it's just a matter of getting used to it, and learning to rephrase things and take out extranaeous details. I'm trying to keep to 100 words to teach myself to be concise in general.

@ Chui - Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, I figured it was about time I add L into the mix XD; Thank you for your comment.

@ Cerulean Flower - Thank you, I'm glad you liked them! I enjoy messing with Light...he's such a little egoist in canon, it's fun to bring him down a few pegs. And I'm like...obsessed with Mikami's childhood, so you'll probably see a fair amount of that.

Making up for a previous lack of L with two L-drabbles! Well, one of them is from Mello's point of view, but L is the one doing the important things. The Sayu one is both one of my most depressing drabbles so far, and the first one that involves female sneezing. Anyway, I hope you like. Comment please, it sustains my liver function...somehow.

~`~`~

Characters: L, Linda

Prompt: #22 - Embarrassment

L surveys the auditorium, fingers pressed violently against the bridge of his nose. There’s a shockwave in his sinuses, but he doesn’t want to sneeze again in front of these kids. He flares his nostils, sniffles furiously, but it doesn’t work. He sneezes. Four spine-snapping, chest-heaving times. The room is deathly silent when he’s done, save for Linda, a too-polite girl who asks if he’s feeling well.

He whips his embarrassment into a lesson. “No,” he sniffs. “I’ve got a terrible cold, but I’m giving this lecture anyway. Whoever becomes L must learn to ignore inconveniences for work’s sake, too.”

~`~`~

Characters: Sayu

Prompt: #73 – Don’t

It’s silly (Light wouldn’t do it) but Sayu has always bargained to her body. Asked it not to hurt, not to embarrass her, not to do anything weird. Right now she’s chained to a dusty radiator, pleading with her nose to stop itching. Asking it (politely!) not to sneeze. If she makes a sound, one of those horrible men will come, and they will do things (unspeakable things) to her body. Chained up, she can’t do much but sniffle. And in the end (it all the dust, not her fault!) she can’t fight it. Sayu succumbs to a stifled “ktch!”

~`~`~

Characters: L, Mello

Prompt: #78 – Shut Up

HYAAHHCHOO! Heh, heh, hehhh hehCHOO! Ackhhchh! AhhhKACHUHH!”

Whoever’s doing that is going to get an ass-kicking pretty damn soon. This obnoxious fucking sneezing has been going on for the past half-hour, and it’s loud as shit and it’s midnight and Mello has an exam in the morning. He’s had enough of holding his pillow over his head trying to ignore it.

Shut the fuck up!” he yells, stomping into the hallway. He soon spies the culprit. It’s his idol L, perched on the living room couch, nose buried in a fistful of tissues.

Slightly cowed, Mello stomps back to bed.

Oh my...I don't even know where to begin. L giving a lecture in that state is so ridiculously adorable! Mello is just perfect, and Sayu's was just so incredibly heartbreaking. Excellent, EXCELLENT update!!

These are great, as always. L's so comically clever. I would expect nothing less from him. ^^ And Sayu...poor girl. What a dire situation. I felt the suspense. The Mello drabble is super funny. Thanks for sharing. You've done a great job with these characters.

@ Dove -- The great L probably doesn't get to slow down at all unless he's practically dying, and I can imagine this would be something that would need to be drilled into the kid's heads. They woudn't get to sleep much either...Sleep Deprivation class! XD; I don't know. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it, hopefully I'll be putting up some new ones soon.

@ Cerulean Flower -- I hope to write something happy about Sayu later on...well, as happy as these things can get, anyhow. I think I can manage amusing, sort of, but I'm not so sure about happy. And the Mello one even amused me, so I'm glad that carried over to a reader! I appreciate your comment. :D

Archived