Sneeze Fetish Forum

family sneezing

allergicto

A lot of us feel uncomfortable when anything sexual occurs with family members. We feel that it's inappropriate, disgusting or socially unacceptable. It's simply not something a lot of people are comfortable with.

I would imagine it's for the same reasons that we don't find our parents, siblings, and other close relatives attractive. That's just the way people are.

I think in my case it's because growing up both my sibs sneezed almost nonstop.[bad allergies] I felt bad for them but I just got sick of it after awhile. :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

you know, ive noticed the same thing! i hate it when i miss a good sneeze by someone around me (in class etc), but for some reason i find it rather disgusting when my family members sneeze around me.. i usually end up leaving the room or just trying not to pay attention at all. i guess it has to do with the sexual connotation for me..

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of us feel uncomfortable when anything sexual occurs with family members. We feel that it's inappropriate, disgusting or socially unacceptable. It's simply not something a lot of people are comfortable with.

Basically, yes.

......but for some reason i find it rather disgusting when my family members sneeze around me.. i usually end up leaving the room or just trying not to pay attention at all. i guess it has to do with the sexual connotation for me..

That's pretty much the reason for most of us. :drool:

This has always been a very awful subject for me. If I'm in my room and I hear my mum having a sneezing fit (and even now I grimace typing this) I like the sound of the sneezes but that it is my mum makes it SO DISGUSTING. (no offence to anyone who doesn't mind/enjoys a relative sneezing). It all ends up with me very confused and annoyed at my mum which is unfair I know.

Guest LadyErisana

I think I feel the same way as you about liking the sound of a parent's sneezes (my mom's esp. can be exciting), but because it's a close relative, it's just weird. :-/

I agree too. Mom used to have tons of sickening, sloppy fits. Dad has allergies. (Yuck. Just yuck.)

I've also come across a situation that I was rubbing at my nose alot and my sister said "Why don't you just go blow it?" (in front of my grandmother too) I was so flustered and embaressed I pretended like I was in a really bad mood and stalked off just to get away.

Yikes. :)

I've lost track of how many times I've posted this explanation, but I think it really apt, so here it is again. (This applies to far more than juts familiy too. Everyone really.)

For me...

You can take any sententce with the word "sneeze," "Sneezed," or "sneezing" in it and substitue the word "naked." (or "is naked" "got naked" you may have to wordsmith it a little, but you get the idea...)

For example (try it):

That hot girl over is sneezing. :unsure:

Dude, your mom is sneezing. :unsure:

Oh man... that fat, hairy, greasy, smelly guy just sneezed! :):puke:

Honey... I think I'm going to sneeze. :laugh:

Works just about every time.

Yes, it works so well, Niceguy [i have read it before]

Take the phenomenon of the person who suddenly becomes interesting when they sneeze; substituting "naked" etc works perfectly.

"I thought that girl was pretty unattractive until I saw her sneeze....."

As to family, I'm fairly neutral; infact in my case it's much more the potential embarrasssment of having someone draw attention to my unusual reaction that I don't like with family sneezes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chantress

I'm not alone!!!

I've been saying that to myself since I discovered this forum, but I feel the same way about this thread. It makes me extremely uncomfortable when family members sneeze. I end up fidgeting and wish they would just stop.

It is extreamly uncomfortable for me too. Try to make like it didn't happen. :winkkiss:

As said before, it's because it's a sexual thing, and the last two things I want to think about are Family and Sex :winkkiss:

Lynne is SO right!

I agree with this so much. I can not STAND a family member sneezing. I want to go and kill myself (not really) but it makes me feel I want to be as far away as possible.

I absolutely hate hearing family members sneezing. Which is bad for me because my younger brother is one of those multiple sneezers. With him, it's ALWAYS in fits of 4-5 and in rapid succession. Plus he's really allergic to dog hair which is why he can't come around to my place. The last time he came to my house without taking any meds, he had a sneezing fit that lasted over an hour after being around my dog for only 10 min. So yeah, hearing family members sneeze is torture.

aww the poor thing :thumbsup: I wish I was around when your brother had the sneezing fit!! :laugh::innocent::thumbsup:

Anyways, I truly hate it and find it disgusting too when a family member sneezes. Fortunately no member of my family is a frequente sneezer (only once or if I'm unlucky twice every now and then) so I wasn't forced to hear the sneeezes.

just YUCK for me!! :(

I think that it's because it's a sexual thing that it is just so damn yucky

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sneezy rugby chick

its because you wouldnt want to see your family in any other sexual way so its makes you fell embarssed and dirty when you see them sneeze particularly if its a particular sexual experience

Yes, incest taboo. :P

Although, Niceguy's example doesn't really do it for me - I still sometimes go to sauna with my 60-something parents and couldn't even imagine that there would be anything gross about it; and wouldn't most likely be grossed at all if I accidentally saw them being intimate. I mean, that's not the naughty thing; sneezing is the naughty thing! ;)

Guest Callmecrazy

Thats a good point, Shiny_bug. I always get this feeling whenever a family member sneezes that "Holy crap! They know!" kind of feeling... I dunno. I can't stand it.

Archived