Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneezing Powder

Armor.

Has anyone here ever tried using sneezing powder?

If you did, did it work?

And, does anyone have their own little recipe for sneezing powder.

I'm curious to try the stuff out :)

Apparently the original formula could have a roomful of people sneezing their a#$*s off in a matter of seconds. :)

But the original formula's been banned. Or something like that. :laugh: What they call sneezing powder now is only a weak substitute.

i ordered it off amazon and its basically the same thing as white pepper....and as with pepper it just burns like hell.....just inhale the dust from when u shake it, but really its no better :winkkiss:

Guest Callmecrazy

Haha So funny! I was gonna start a topic about sneezing powder. I just ordered some off of the ole net. How disappointing. I hope it works for me.....

I remember when I was a kid, I was facinated with plants (among other things ;)) and I read one book about where they told medicinale property of all the parts of the plants... I remember one had a root that if you dried and grinded, could make someone sneeze. I tried to find it but never could so I still don't know it's potency.

I still remember the look of the plant but not it's name... but I'm sure it could be easily found with google magic :lol:

Apparently the original formula could have a roomful of people sneezing their a#$*s off in a matter of seconds. :lol:

But the original formula's been banned. Or something like that. :) What they call sneezing powder now is only a weak substitute.

Whaaaaat????? ;) The bastards!!!! :laugh:

Guest Obsessed With Sneezing

Yeah, a friend I know (read used to date) got some, in efforts to tease me! ;) but she tried it with her friend and it didnt work so well. Ended up resorting to the good old rolled up tissue!! Lol

Guest sneezynick

i have bought some off ebay it was just white pepper so if pepper makes you sneeze then it will work if it doesnt then it wont

Apparently the original formula could have a roomful of people sneezing their a#$*s off in a matter of seconds. :blink:

But the original formula's been banned. Or something like that. :yes: What they call sneezing powder now is only a weak substitute.

Whaaaaat????? :innocent: The bastards!!!! :mad1:

Don't hold me to that. it's just what I've heard :D

I remember when I was a kid, I was facinated with plants (among other things :P) and I read one book about where they told medicinale property of all the parts of the plants... I remember one had a root that if you dried and grinded, could make someone sneeze. I tried to find it but never could so I still don't know it's potency.

I still remember the look of the plant but not it's name... but I'm sure it could be easily found with google magic ;)

the plant you speak of is called sneezewort found sparatically around north america.

The Adams sneezing powder was a bye-product of dye production. It was banned because it was possibly (but untested) carcinogenic. Various saponins and root of hellibore are also effective sneezing powders, but also banned for sale in the West. If you could get the plants you could always make your own, or if you are a good chemist reproduce the Adams powder, but not sell it.

Does anyone know what the two French girls in the video used, it seems rather more effective than pepper. I believe that te root based powders might still be available outside of Europe and the US.

I remember when I was a kid, I was facinated with plants (among other things ;)) and I read one book about where they told medicinale property of all the parts of the plants... I remember one had a root that if you dried and grinded, could make someone sneeze. I tried to find it but never could so I still don't know it's potency.

I still remember the look of the plant but not it's name... but I'm sure it could be easily found with google magic :laugh:

the plant you speak of is called sneezewort found sparatically around north america.

Nope it's not the one I read about. Oh well I'll find it eventually :omg:

Guest Stupid

"In 1904 S.S. Adams was a salesman for a dye company, one of whose products was a German coal-tar derivative with which the firm had been having difficulty, as the people who processed it found it made them sneeze. At great expense, Sam's company extracted the sneezing ingredient. They had barrels of the ingredient lying around and one day Sam took some of the powder, a murky grayish stuff, and placed it in a bottle. The next time he saw a chance he placed some powder on the back of his hand and blew it into a roomful of people. The resulting consternation made him laugh his head off. After that, he was never without some sneezing powder, and soon friends began asking him for the powder.

It occurred to him that there were commercial possibilities in all this.

When he became dissatisfied with a hotel he was operating in York, Pennsylvania, he sold out his half interest to a partner for $1,500 and set himself up as the Cachoo Sneeze Powder Company, in a one-room office and factory in an office building in Plainfield. He soon changed the firm name to S. S. Adams and Company, as the makers of bottles and corks were wary of extending credit to anything as bizarre as the Cachoo Sneeze Powder Company. At first, Adams did all the work himself. A chemist in Newark refined the powder for him. To this day, Adams is secretively mysterious about the name of the coal-tar dye or the identity of the powder. Adams himself poured it into bottles, corked it, packaged it and went out to sell it to novelty shops. Finally, George Zorn, of Philadelphia, who retails paper hats and noise makers for parties, ordered several gross, and, when they moved quickly, he ordered 50,000 bottles of Cachoo. The first year Adams sold $15,000 worth of Cachoo.

Cachoo became a national craze. Church services, school sessions, theater performances and political meetings were thrown into disorder by clouds of sneezing powder. Newspapers wrote editorials against it. Fights in saloons started as a result of it. The mucous membranes in the noses of thousands of Americans were badly irritated as a result of too much Cachoo."

The government banned because it was toxic to a degree. I wish S.S. Adams would tell us what it was he used...

However, there is a site online who sells many of the same products that the S.S. Adams company does, because apparently they are partnered with them. The Cachoo brand sneezing powder isn't there, but there is sneezing powder. I don't know the effectiveness, but unlike the other sneezing powders I've heard of, this one says it will produce of chorus of sneezes if blown into a room full of people. It may be exaggerated, but hey -- they're partnered with the company whose founder manufactured sneezing powder that did have this effect. Because I'm only 16 I can't order any for myself w/o my family finding out, but I'll give you all the website, and you can tell me if it's effective or not.

http://www.fljerry.com/flj0114.html

Please someone try it lol....i want to know if it works. :nohappy:

Guest Stupid

http://www.myppt.com/si.htm

This site also might be worth a try. Scroll down until you see the sneezing powder ad.

It says for "non-governmental sale" and "use with discretion"...so i'm guessing this could possibly do the trick...

I don't know. But I've been seriously looking into this. Yes. Yes I have. :nohappy:

Guest Stupid

Also this site. Looks like the same product as the one from the myppt.com site but it still says all over the site to "use with discretion".

Do you think the chances actually look good that there is some effective sneezing powder out there?

Let us hope.

Guest Callmecrazy
http://www.myppt.com/si.htm

This site also might be worth a try. Scroll down until you see the sneezing powder ad.

It says for "non-governmental sale" and "use with discretion"...so i'm guessing this could possibly do the trick...

I don't know. But I've been seriously looking into this. Yes. Yes I have. :nohappy:

Actually, I ordered this off of E-Bay. I ordered one from Amazon too :blushing: I will be sure to report how effective they are. I should be getting them within the next few days.

I wonder what those French Girls used...?

I remember when I was a kid, I was facinated with plants (among other things :nohappy:) and I read one book about where they told medicinale property of all the parts of the plants... I remember one had a root that if you dried and grinded, could make someone sneeze. I tried to find it but never could so I still don't know it's potency.

I still remember the look of the plant but not it's name... but I'm sure it could be easily found with google magic :blushing:

Could it be sabadilla? Sabadilla is an organic pesticide made from the processed roots of certain types of lilies. It's used to deter insects from basic garden vegetables with low toxicity and degenerates quickly. It is very irritating to the mucus membranes, causing sneezing if they contact sabadilla dust. (just one of those interesting, random facts you remember, though from a very reliable source)

Nope.... not that either... the more I think about it, the more I remember the picture that was in the book... it was a small plant, not more than a foot high, large cucumberlike leafs, the root was said to be blood red... or to leak a red liquid when it was snaped. Now that I think of it, I don't know if it was the dried liquid or the root that could cause sneezing... anyway, I'm still searching :nohappy:

Guest Stupid

Not impressed meaning you didn't sneeze at all? :-(

Darn. There has to be some good sneezing powder somewhere! It has existed before and I'm sure it still does!

I'm determined.

yeah, I've heard it's only white pepper, like most people are saying.

But it can be effective, especially if you put a little on the tip of a feather and tickle your nose slightly with it.

good luck!

Hmmm..... I got one of the powders today. Not impressed. Bummer. :blink:

Which one was it? :)

Archived