Sneeze Fetish Forum

''House's head & Chase's cold'' - (9 Parts)

evelyn

Hi! :drunk:

I'm back with something new. :unsure: However, it's still Chase...I hope you don't mind that much. :wub: He hardly had any screentime this season and I missed him big time + the season finale gave me this idea I just couldn't get out of my head. :)

Tell me what you think about it! :wub:

Title: ''House's head & Chase's cold''

Fandom: House MD

Characters: Chase, House

Disclaimer: I don't own them! ...I just wish...

Summary: There's something wrong in 'House's head' and Chase's cold triggers something unexpected

Warning: English is not my mother tongue, if it counts as one.

The story contains season 4 spoilers! Plus, it makes it easier to understand the story if you saw the season finale. :cheers:

PART 1.

Rain fell in buckets, thumbing on the the windscreen of his car. No motorbike...one of Cuddy's orders. Not that he wanted to use it anymore. It was a few months after the accident, and more than guilt, he felt a cold fear inside him, like there was an ugly hole full of emptiness where once his overconfidence had been. It made him feel sick. It made him feel ashamed.

Wilson was still avoiding him, and he had every right to do so. He was losing him, not that it meant any news after all, he has always been good at pushing people away. Only this time it was different: he would do anything to make this one thing undone. During these few months, other than Cuddy, the only person who seemed to be genuinely interested in his well being was Chase. - He wished to think that Cameron's strange advance, Foreman's 'mock-niceness', and the new team's faked understanding of him and his actions were only parts of a bad dream. - Somehow he was not surprised. Chase, with what remained from his child-like qualities, was trying to make him feel like it was alright, without that pitying look in his eyes, like the irretrievable mistake his 'daddy substitute' committed was non-existent because if it were, he himself should have felt ashamed for still liking him. He wasn't sure if Chase himself believed he had nothing do do with Amber's death or not. The only thing he was quite sure about was that Chase still liked him, despite Cameron, despite everything; and he agreed to his first shy, and perhaps guilt-ridden, invitation which resulted in regular bowling 'matches', violating Cuddy's orders, of course. Those were moments when he was able to get Amber out of his head, not seeing her standing beside him in his returning hallucinations, not seeing Wilson's hurt expression. Chase had no idea, but he really grew on him. He was the fresh air around whom he felt like his old self.

As he was passing by the hospital's bus stop, he suddenly put on the brake. Chase was standing there in the now mild rain, in a group of some unfamiliar nurses and other hospital stuff. His clothes looked definitely wet, his arms folded around his chest, his massanger bag over his shoulder, shifting from foot to foot impatiently as he battled against the cold. Really, he hasn't changed that much over those 4 years. He pulled up next to him. Chase noticed immediately, of course. He rolled down the window and took a good look at his ex-employee.

''Cameron took the car.'' Chase explained right away, not waiting for the question to leave House's lips.

''Cameron?''

''Conference, some in-service training, and two days without rain.''

It has been raining straight for almost 3 days now.

''You TWO have only ONE car and ONE umbrella, and you let Cameron get her sticky little hand on both, Romeo? ''

''I hope you don't want me to explain...would be long...''

House really didn't want to know why Chase liked getting wet, that sure was a long story. On the other hand, he was almost certain he saw him with an umbrella yesterday. That must have been one magic umbrella since it mysteriously disappeared from Chase's locker today.

''Return match tomorrow? Now that the girl section is gone...''

He also meant Cuddy. She was in charge of that conference Chase was talking about, he just skipped the fact that Cameron, too, has been invited, over his joy that the Dean of Medicine will let him be, swallowed in his misery for a few miraculous days.

Chase smiled mischievously before he squinted his eyes, turning politely to the side, sneezing an unexpected wet sounding double into a tissue he conjured up from his pocket with a practised move.

''He'NgtscHuh....heh..HeNgtschoo..aww...pardon.'' he mumbled immediately.

House watched him: the tissue held over his pinkening nose, the way he was trying to avoid to hurt the sensitive skin with the otherwise soft paper, and the frustration on his handsome face that told him he already had enough of this 'routine' for today.

Suddenly House's eyes widened, his face was taking on a stoned expression. He forgot what he wanted to say...damn, it was so obvious... and then Chase's blond hair grew long, and he saw...Amber. The sneeze. The bus. The Amantadine.

''Who am I?”, she smiles, ''Give Wilson time. It's hard; you didn't want to have it so hard. - she leans closer - He is not the only best friend you have, House. You know that. He cares. He always did. You know who I'm talking about. - she is whispering directly in his ear now - He knows what you feel. How did his voice sound like?...in your head?...''

''Don't get on the bus!'', House found himself pleading half-loudly.

''House...you alright?''

It was Chase's face again.

''Yeah..yeah..''

He shook his head. The whole thing took less then a few seconds, and now everything was back to normal again.

Chase nodded before tending to his nose with the tissue. He wasn't sure if the 'don't get on the bus' exclamation was directed to him...like offering a ride, or it was directed to someone he obviously didn't see. Anyway, it was still House after all, so instead of forcing it and expecting what is obviously not going to happen, he answered his invitation instead.

''I don't think I can go...I'm coming down with this cold and...''

''Are you sick?''

''It seems like..like..He'Ishhuu..you see? It's been like this all day and this rain is not doing it any good.''

He shrugged to draw the attention to his slightly wet clothes and damp hair, then blew his nose again, just as the bus pulled to the stop honking at House's car, which was in its way.

Maybe House just forgot to ask. That's all.

''I better go. The bus's here. I'll think about tomorrow.'' he gave House a half-smile.

House could read the disappointment in the familiar eyes, he just couldn't remember what he wanted to say...but it most definitely had something to do with the disappointment. He closed his eyes to remember.

''Concentrate on the bus...the way it looked, the way it smelled, the people on it...''

When he opened his eyes again he spotted a bottle of cold medicine Chase took out from his packet at some point and was now besetting in his hand. He didn't notice it before...he didn't offer him a ride home! That's that! The disappointment. The medicine...his heart was bouncing in his chest and he found himself sweating. It was cold and he was sweating. Strange. Before he could think it over he was literally 'running' towards the bus as fast as his leg allowed, keeping its door from closing with his cane just in time, shouting at the the top of his voice.

''GET OFF! You shouldn't be on the bus...you shouldn't take those pills..''

He grabbed Chase's bag forcefully, trying to pull him down. The cold medicine the blond was holding felt under the bus, spilling its content all over the pavement.

''House, what are you doing?''

''GET OFF! GET THE HELL OFF!''

TBC...

Glowie will DIE when she sees this. hehehe...

I commented with the cross-post, but I wanted to re-iterate how much I am enjoying this. :unsure:

AWESOME!!!!!

The season finale really did me in, and I was wondering how one could incorporate the events into an great story...

And you did it!

I can't wait for more!!!!

Lovely lovely lovely lovely!

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Glowie will DIE when she sees this. hehehe...

Yes, yes I did!! I've been praying for another Chase fic...

I totally love this, I really hope there's gonna be more evelyn. Pretty please? *offers lots of cookies and other yummy treats*

Lol. ;)

Glowie: It's funny because I just finished the next part. ;)

I'm glad you like it! :(

It's kind of long, though there aren't many sneezes yet..... part 3. won't disappoint, I promise. :)

PART 2.

Now everybody was watching them wide-eyed, some of them laughing, some of them amazed, the bus driver shouting curses as Chase finally gave in to House's strange 'demand' and got off the bus. House grabbed his arm, holding onto him, panting in relief. His heart still felt like it was about to explode. The doors shut and the bus pulled away, honking again, a few people still looking and laughing. He moaned loudly as his head throbbed mercilessly.

''House..House? You OK? Can you hear me?''

Chase tried to find out what was going on in a state of utter shock himself, observing House's pupils for signs of overdose. House hang his head, still not letting go of Chase, an unreadable confusion in his sparkling blue eyes, which was giving him a wild complexion when he finally looked up and their gazes met for a second. In his momentary stupor he hugged the startled Chase, who stumbled back a step in surprise.

''It's OK.'', Chase said out of instinct on his calming deep voice. ''Amber...''

''It's not Amber. It's you! You're sick. You can't get on the bus!''

''That's in...'' he wanted to say 'insane', but the word carried a heavier weight now than usual, and he swallowed instead of adding the last syllable.

Fingers grabbed the back of his jacket. They stood like that for which almost felt like a minute...

It was all very familiar. Faking that brain tumor was a stupid idea, now he kind of wished it wasn't a lie, he wished he had died in that bus crash instead of Amber, he wished he never had those thoughts about breaking her up with Wilson.

The wind was picking up and he felt Chase shiver against him. He smelled of that familiar parfume that used to fill the office every morning, mixed with the scent of cold rain. Sometimes funny how 'stoned' people focus on those tiny, 'impossible' details they do not pay any attention otherwise

It was only seconds later when House finally pulled away, ashamed and confused, the blur in his head clearing up.

Chase stared at him perplexedly, not knowing what to do, before the doctor took over in him. He put his hand on House's shoulder with confidence and desperation, only a touch of that tired cynicism coloring the gentle tone of his slightly rough voice when he spoke, the sound of which echoed in his ears from long forgotten encounters with someone not so forgotten. He wasn't exactly sure why the mismatching overtone presented itself again. It shouldn't had to.

''Let's get back to the car, shall we?''

House nodded.

''Get in! I'm driving.''

Chase announced with the same desperation, though he, too, felt rather miserable. He had a sore throat, his nose was bothering him, and he could feel a fever lurking inside him. The last thing he needed tonight was being back on House-watch. He pushed his wet bangs out of his eyes with an irritated sigh. Irritated or mocking, he couldn't quite tell. The emotional and lost House'll soon transform into the grumpy, intolerable House, like he always does, like a tumbler... no matter how hard you punch it on the face, it always jumps upright, and the short moment of 'oscillation' caused by your best efforts are only illusionary.

House sat there in complete silence, almost like a statue, cold sweat bedding his face, staring blankly ahead for a while before speaking out loud just as surprisingly as he hugged him.

''I'm not a retard, Chase!''

Chase looked over for a second with eyebrows drawn close. At least he didn't say 'insane'.

''I know. I shouldn't have sneezed..and the bus...it was...'' he didn't know how to continue because, oddly enough, it almost seemed like, at the moment, House was protecting...him...But he clearly understood it was all about Amber and Wilson and not him, and most obviously not about care, but about substituting whatever House was missing. And he knew what he was missing.

They were at the roundabout.

''You know the way, right?''

House wanted to avoid the topic. Nice move. He sighed again.

''Of course hhhI..I've been there.''

He didn't want to sneeze, but he had to. He held up one hand loosely before his face and pressed his index finger under his nose. The pose wasn't so conspicuous while he fixed his eyes on the road. It was working for a minute or so, then another hitching breath, then another... and he found himself sneezing forcefully against his wrist.

''Henxcht..HeNgtschoo...EIshoo''

He nearly bumped his head into the wheel each time. Fantastic. He looked over at House to see a reaction.

''Bless you.''

Not quite what he expected. He sniffled.

''Thanks...I...it won't give you flashbacks if I.. you know...if I sneeze. When I have a cold its always like...''

House cut him off...

''I know what it's like...You didn't get on the bus.'' He said matter of factly after a short pause...like it explained everything.

''Oh...I see.''

Chase almost invisibly raised his eyebrows a little, flatting his lips. He must appeared mocking again...everything settles on his face, but he didn't mean to be mocking, he really didn't. He just couldn't utter the sentence beginning with 'That's ins...'.

House has been almost always sad since the incident. He tried to make him feel better, Cuddy tried to make him feel better, but the only person who could actually make him feel better refused to forgive. Not that forgiveness would solve anything...he knew that it won't because things don't just get back to normal. He took another glance at House from the corner of his eyes. He sat there staring out the window, blank and pitiful and more alone than ever. His stomach tied itself into a knot. He knew that feeling. The helplessness and self reproach when you know you did something wrong which changed something for the worse, and it changed it forever...when the tumbler falls flat on its face. Back then...if only he...

They were at House's flat; he stopped the car, clearing his throat.

''We are here.''

TBC...

oh my gosh.... this is just amazing! utterly wonderful!!! you did such a good job keeping them in character, and following with the story line... wow....just wow....

LOVE this. How wonderfully written. And what a great way to spend the time until the new season begins.

Thanks so much!

-QS

I don't even watch the show and I'm enjoying this story very, very much! You're a good writer and the storyline is very engaging.

I stopped watching in the middle of the season because I missed the original characters. But YAY CHASE FIC YUMMINESS. It's been awhile since someone wrote one, and this was excellent.

*hyperventilates, keels over, then jumps back up and hugs evelyn*

Wow wow wow, I am completely loving this. Thank you so much for the update!

I didn't actually see any of season four at all, but I do have a vague impression of what happened in the season finale (enough to pretty much "get" this story, anyway). :)

I'm excited for part 3, looking forward to it.

Thanks again! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long but my holiday plans got in the way...

Anyway, I'm back! :D

PART 3.

Once on his own feet, House stumbled immediately. The ground looked utterly funny, swaying or something. Chase steaded him by the arm.

''Are you stoned? What did you take?''

''Nothing.''

''Vicodine?''

''Yes.''

''How much?''

''Not more than usual. I'm not stoned, Chase!''

''What about the heart medication?''

''Not stoned!''

He nodded. If not then not. But something was not fine, and it was not fine since Amber died and he was released from the hospital. Sometimes he seemed almost alright, then these hallucinations returned. He shouldn't have agreed to do the brain surgery, not even for Amber's sake. He shuddered with the cold. It was still raining and he looked up the dark clouds while House was searching for his keys. He didn't say he 'can' go, so he stayed. It was routine. He wanted to make sure House was alright. He still cared for him, even though he knew he is nothing more than a substitute, now that Wilson is no longer an option.

The door opened and he followed House in, who dropped his cane and collapsed on the sofa, burying his head in his hands, visibly not giving a damn whether Chase was still there or not. Chase swallowed through the pain in his throat while he fixed his eyes on House, trying to take in every detail, every possible sign of an illness they could have missed earlier.

''Headache?''

That was his brilliant question.

House nodded, still not looking at him.

''I'm checking your blood pressure. Where's your sphygmomanometer?''

''There.''

House pointed at a drawer and he went without saying a word. He knew House must have one because he secretly consulted Dr. Wyatt, his cardiologist...There was no point in that, really, other than trying to find some proof that the problem wasn't merely neurological, that House was not 'mad', and he didn't screw up so badly when he let a horrified Wilson and a guilt-ridden House to convince him. He knew it, he knew it so damn well that House's body won't take any more than that and he agreed to go on with the procedure anyway. He searched through the drawer, immediately finding what he was looking for, in an untouched package. It surprised him, not that he expected House to pay any attention to his own health, but still. He unwrapped it, almost mechanically like a robot. It was an old model, not the self inflating one. He wished he knew why on earth he felt so attached. Maybe he was scared; moreover, that must have been the bloody truth. Scared that something might went terribly wrong and he could do nothing about it now, as he couldn't save his mom and dad and that baby..so long ago..Gosh..why did he have to...

He knelt before House and placed the cuff around his upper right arm. House watched him with an unreadable expression. He wasn't exactly focusing on him but he wasn't exactly focusing on anything else either. Those blue eyes were scrutinizing something and Chase stopped inflating the cuff, partly because the harsh sneeze he caught against his wrist distracted him. House jumped slightly on the couch.

''hheISHOO''

Chase ignored it completely just sniffled in annoyance. A beeping sound and he read the result while he slowly released the pressure in the cuff.

''It's high. It shouldn't be high.'', he looked House in the eye ,''Good news is, you're not stoned, which is rare. Bad news is, it's your heart again. You better stop hyperventilating on me now. Where's your heart medication? Did you take it today?''

He knew what medication House was taking, he had his sources.

House acted like he was trying hard to remember for a second then shook his head, pulling off a mocking face.

''No. Probably because I don't need it. I'm fine.''

''Probably...where is it?''

House massaged his temples.

''Kitchen table.''

''heNggtcho...awhh -Chase rubbed at his reddening nose angrily, with his other hand telling House to stay-..I get it''

He returned with a glass of water and House' s meds, helding them out.

''You didn't order me to go to hell so.. what's wrong?''

House looked up.

''You are shivering.''

Chase raised his brows. He really was.

''It doesn't matter. What's going on with you?''

''It does matter. You're sick.''

''And you're hallucinating. You never care, remember?''

''Of course I care! What a horrible thing to say!''

Chase wanted to respond with a snarky remark but instead he squinted his eyes, breath hitching, eyes watering, then buried his face in his cupped hands, giving in to a row of wet sneezes.

''heNgchoo...HeISHH..HeNgtchoo..Henxcht..oww, darn.'' he searched for a tissue in his jacket pocket ''Enough from the sneezes already.''

''You need to get changed.''

''Thanks for remainding me. I'll get right on that... So to help me speed thing up a little bit, what's wrong?''

''Nothing's wrong.''

''Previously...at the bus stop, what was that?''

''A hug. I like you. Or that's not what you meant...''

House was still massaging his temples but his manners were more like his normal self, except for the caring part.

''You took me for Amber. Yeah. That's normal. You know that if you refuse to...''

House felt utterly frustrated. Chase was too close to his secrets, too close. He was not mad, just refused to take his bloody medicaton, so that maybe he could get some answers to his questions, scare Wilson enough to forgive him, die for a second or something, but his brain was as fine as it went. That he liked sticking knives to sockets, faking brain tumors and getting high on stuff to explore his options was his own little thing. He knew what he was doing and why he was doing it. He knew what Chase was thinking, he knew from the vulnerable-sort-of look in his eyes and his defensive posture that he was scared, that he doubted his sanity...It made him angry.

''For God's sake! Who do you think you are? My friend? My psychiatrist?...Now that's some training you got down there in Melbourne Super Chase."

Suddenly the cool and snarky Chase disappeared for an unforeseen interval and old Chase crossed his arms over his chest, like when he was hurt or somebody tried to 'attack' him, blinking rapidly, looking away to avoid eye-contact. He almost felt sorry for snapping at him.

''I just...I thought I might...never mind.'' Chase felt insulted and stupid like in those good old days and involuntarily moved towards the door. ''Good night House.''

Oh, damn. He did feel sorry for snapping at him. After all, Chase just wanted to help, it wasn't his fault that he couldn't. His words lingered in his mind: ''If you need help, I'm here, if you just need to vent, leave a message.''

''Where are you going?''

''Taking the freaking bu...I'm calling a taxi. I guess you gonna be fine now.''

TBC...

Evelyn, I think I love you.

Please write more soon because I am absolutely ENTHRALLED with this.

:-P

Poor Chase.

"You are shivering."

Beautiful!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi! This chapter is rather short, I know... though I hope you're still enjoying the story. :D More to come soon.

PART 4.

Chase hesitated a brief second before opening the green front door of House's apartment, grimacing as the cold evening air hit his face. Determined to walk to the nearest bus stop he barely noticed when House, who was standing right behind him, finally came up with his 'doorknob question'.

''Chase?''

''What?''

He turned his head slowly, voice dull and emotionless, threatening even. He didn't expect House to follow him out and somewhat froze when he came face to face with the older man's ' all innocent' expression.

''Do you have time for a beer or something?''

House stepped aside to invite him back to the warmth of his living room. That was tempting as rain was thumbing on his head, but he decided not to play along. He turned back, pulling his coat tighter, going down those few steps that separated him from making his point crystal clear, but House grabbed his arm from behind with enough strength to make him stop, though he refused to turn around.

''What do you want me to say?''

''You're a jerk.'' That was all that came to his mind.

''Excuse me, but I'm not the one sulking in the rain.'' House teased.

Chase turned to face him, freeing his arm from the grasp for a second.

''What the hell were you thinking? Refusing to take your heart medication for days, but popping Vicodin like sugar candy won't make Wilson...''

House squeezed his arm so tightly it hurt before pulling him up the few stairs with surprisingly little difficulty.

''How about talking this over in there?''

Chase's eyes widened in disbelief as he stepped back inside despite frowning at the idea. He wanted to leave. That touch of cool air however was enough to make a chill run up along his spine. He clasped his hands over his nose helplessly as the sudden change in temperature tickled his sinuses.

''heNggtcho..HeNgxcht..HeeHe'Ngxcht''

He stood there, eyes shut, hands a few inches from his face. House watched somewhat impatiently after shutting the door to close out the cold. He wanted to get over with the awkward part of the conversation.

''..Hi'Ishh..ahh...hhegh...''

''Finished?'' he had to interrupt.

Chase gave him a killing look through his teary eyes. The tickle went away immediately and he sniffled deeply, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand before giving out his anger on a harsh, congested voice.

''You want me to STAY after messing with my head and practically telling me tha...?''

''YOU. Not Cuddy with a shotgun in her lap, or another Wilson sniffling the limits of my conscience. I'm not an idiot so stop trying to analyse something which is not there..''

Chase gasped, the corners of his mouth slowly turning into a smile. By now they both knew what the other one was thinking.

''Riiight. You're lonely, I get it.'' - he laughed out loud enough to provoke a questioning look from House - ''And for that reason you needed someone to pity you!?''

He just realized how well it worked, even if the flashback was not originally part of the game.

''I'm bored, there's a difference.''

''Then why couldn't you just save the melodramatic foreplay and ask me?''

''Because...have you seen General Hospital lately?'' - Chase's face displayed that characteristic *what the heck* look - ''Never mind...'' House popped a pill absently.

''Was that Vicodin?''

''My head hurts. So you stayin'?''

''You can't fire me if I say no...''

''But I can make your life miserable...''

''Again?''

''Still...''

Chase considered his options for a second, studying House's face...it seemed there was no trap this time.

''Fine. I'll stay.... Just for a beer.'' he removed his jacket ''I'm also trained at kissing up for no reason. Amazing a place that Melbourne is.''

House gave him his usual grin.

''Brown noser...Beer's in the fridge, tissues on the table...''

That was meant to point out his annoyance with Chase's constant sniffling. Chase rolled his eyes before crossing the living room on his way to the kitchen.

TBC...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey evelyn, sorry I wasn't able to comment again sooner (I was away for a long time). I'm still enjoying this story, and I really hope there's more to come. Of course I'm not putting any pressure on you if you're not inspired to continue, but you know how much I adore yummy sneezy Chase and House/Chase goodness. *grin*

Thanks again! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I just love the way you write Chase....it really melts my heart.

Yes, exactly!! God I adore that boy... I love it when people know how to write him, giving him even more depth than they've offered on the show and keeping him in character. If I felt I could do this I would honestly try, but I don't trust myself; it's best left to the experts (like evelyn, for instance).

BTW, I have to ask: don't you just love my new avatar? I just found it on a free icon site and couldn't believe my luck. It made me think very naughty things... ;)

Glowie, your avatar is the best! I wish we could actually see a Chase sneeze on the show... :D I bet he stifles. You should absolutely write a Chasefic. There aren't enough of them in the world and I would definitely read it! :-P

Funny thing is, for the first time ever I've actually got an idea for one which I think i will be able to write... only a short one-off (maybe two parter if someone helps me out). It's a very basic and simple premise, but that's good I guess if I'm just starting out and a bit nervous about writing both fanfic and sneezefic!

Anyway hopefully I'll write it sometime this week, but if not then definitely on the weekend.

And at least I know that one person will read it! :D

• 4 months later...

Hi guys! Again, it took me far too long to update, but I hope that some of you're still enjoying this. :laugh:

The next part is already finished. :laugh:

PART 5

House heard another, yet carefully stifeled 'He'Nxxcht' from his kitchen and that was the moment he knew that he should offer Chase a new set of clothes. On his way he randomly picked up a T-shirt and a grey hoody from the closet and balled them up in one hand.

Chase was bent over, head stuck in his fridge, just throwing a plastic bag full of rotten bananas into the garbage bin with a nice rugby shot when he entered.

''This fridge's a complete mess.''

''I think it's neat and airy."

Almost as if on cue, Chase absently took out a curious looking slice of cheese to make space in his desperate search, then held it loosely at his side in one hand as he continued rummaging through the shelves. House grabbed it from his hand.

''Hey! What's wrong with that cheese?"

Chase peaked his head out at that, his pinkening nose cutely cringed up in disgust.

"Are you gonna eat that?"

"Sure."

"That's disgustinghh..hehh..HeRusssho"

Like he had been cut off, Chase stopped talking, frozen in place with fluttering eyes, hardly managing to turn away from House in time as a sudden fit of sneezes over came him.

"Henxxch...HeeN'gxcho"

As he was doing his best to back away from House, he bumped into the fridge door with the forth of a violent sneeze, pushing the milk bottle out of its safety, which accidentally spilled its content all over the place.

"HEEnxxch..aww, shid!" He tried to stifle the last one with the back of his hand.

"Brilliant"

Grumbling, House carefully but forcefully pulled the somewhat distracted Chase out of the way and thrust the clothes into the hand which was not busy wiping his runny nose.

"Now that was disgusting. Put these on and sit somewhere you can do no harm. May I suggest the coach?"

"Sorry. I'll clean uhhh..up.."

The tickle backed away, allowing Chase the relief to sniffle through the congestion in his nose. The trend of the day, with him being the 'doctor' and House the patient, seemed to take an annoying turn as he felt his strength being drawn away with every minute he spent on his own two feet.

"Start with yourself. Your sneezing hurts my head.''

"And you think changing clothes will give me super powers? I have a cold, like..already."

"Then if you don't want my head to explode, give those clothes a try, like..now!"

Chase nodded silently as he felt another tickle building up in his nose. He shrugged House's nonsense off with a barely audible ''Thanks'' and almost made it to the bathroom when he heard his voice again:

"Chase! There's no beer, just so you know..We can still talk, though!"

In response he heard some shyly uttered Aussie curses, the click of the bathroom door, two rather painful sneezes and several honking noseblows before he gave up eavesdropping and turned his attention to the white puddle at his feet.

Chase was moving around in his apartment with some casual simplicity, like he couldn't care less. It was almost impressive...

---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

It felt good to have something warm on, even though House's stuff looked a bit loose on him. Wondering what to do next, Chase sat down on the coach, searching for House with his eyes. He was cleaning up, judging from the noises coming from the kitchen. For a moment he considered going out to help, but shortly he abandoned the idea, resting his head against the coach instead, letting out a ragged sigh. He was told not to, and who was he to argue with Dr. Grouchy Gimp. The rain continued to fall, pattering gently on the windows. Soon he was falling asleep, and he knew that he shouldn't but felt too tired to protest. He's lulled by the sounds around him, water dripping from the pipes, House rattling in the kitchen...

House limped after him without his cane what felt like a few minutes later, jerking him awake from his light daze as he landed on the other end of the coach with a heavy puff, trying not to spill the content of his freshly opened beer bottle and a black mug, which he set in close reach from Chase on the cafe table. The blond was trying hard to recollect himself, looking up at him with half-closed eyes, scrubbing a hand over his flushed face.

''I felt asleep, did I?''

"Half an hour."

"Sorry."

House gave him an up and down glare then burst out laughing. Chase looked truly under the weather, yet what was even more interesting...

''What?''

''In this outfit and with that one-eyelid-half-closed, pink-nosed, dazed expression you can totally pull off Wilson with the sniffles.''

Chase forced his glossy blue eyes open. It wasn't easy.

''Are you comparing me to Wilson?''

He glanced at his watch in annoyance. He must get going before House really gets into this conversation. He wanted to stay as far away from House's guilt-business as possible, but he just had to rub his nose in it.

''In Wilson's hoody? No way.''

''It's...You dressed me in his clothes?''

Chase gaped, looking down at his outfit as if he had failed to do that before, his face screwed into one big furrow.

"How do you even rationalise..."

House cut him off:

''Is there a problem with that?''

"That's just..."

"Sick?"

Sighing, or rather moaning, Chase massaged the back of his neck, completely giving up the last morsels of hope he cherished to conduct a normal conversation with House.

''I'll give it back...''

''Our dear oncologist friend, you know, the one with the comical brow, has a whole collection of these schoolboy 'jumpers'. No big deal.''

Chase glanced at his watch again as a means to punctuate his point ''I have to go.''

''Drink that sh*t first!''

Chase just noticed the steaming mug in front of him.

''You made me tea?"

"I'm trying to be nice."

"Good lord! Since when are you so sympathetic?''

''Yesterday. My therapist's law, sexy voice's still ringing in my ears: 'Start small Greg...start small.' ''

He took a long gulp from his bottle, watching Chase from the corner of his eyes.

"You said there's no beer."

"Secret stash."

"You took meds..."

"Needed something to wash them down."

Chase shook his head but reached for the mug nonetheless, and held it with both hands, enjoying the warmth spreading through his cold fingers. If he had to tell the truth, it was attentive of House.

"It's nice of you...'' he tried again, though the thing really tasted like sh*t.

House raised his brows critically.

"No, it isn't. You're useless for me unless you can breath through your nose so..."

"So..? Wait! What did you mingle in the tea?"

"Nothing."

"You know I have issues with that crappy cold medicine you're taking..."

"I would never do that..."

"Last time you said that I felt asleep face flat on the conference table after you offered me tea, and left, and forgot to wake me that our shift was over..That stuff can knock out a horse."

"But you felt better in the morning...''

''Slept in a chair...''

''It's not my fault you had a cold anyway."

Chase let out an annoyed little sigh then pinched the bridge of his nose. His breath hitched threateningly as he turned his body away from House.

"Is it that bad you're gonna puke?"

"Sorry..I ahhh..I just have to sneeze.."

"Yeah, that needed to be announced."

Chase turned back angrily, face caught up in a funny pre-sneeze expression. House was sitting there, head turned slightly to the side, watching him and waiting in some mocking, evil anticipation. Hell, he wanted to run out of the room in sheer irritation, but before he got a chance to do so, a stricken look crossed his features and he lost it right in front of House, who was by then laughing his ass off in amusement.

"HeEsshchi..eh.hihh.HeInxchoo..ugh..huhh.Hiishoo..Hinxxchissh"

With a blank expression on his face, Chase kept drawing in those hitching, shuddering breaths, which if possible made House laugh even harder.

"I'm gladhheeh..you're having funhh.."

House dried off his tears with his knuckles.

"What idiot sneezes like this?"

"Like waahhh..He'Russhoo..HeNxxcht"

"Like he's having an orgazm."

"I'b not..."

"Is Cameron turned on by this? I mean, trembling lips and all that?"

"Whaaa..?"

He watched House's expression through half-lidded eyes, trying to comprehend.

"She was squirming quite anxiously in her seat when you've had fits like this during differentials."

"That's.."

"I assume she either had to pee or her panties were on fire."

Chese parted his lips slightly as if he wanted to speak, trying hard to remember all those occasions when he had sneezed in front of her.

House grinned widely upon seeing Chase's reaction.

"I'm right, right?"

"I..I didn't think.."

"Interesting...Never mind!...So why did you stay?"

TBC

Oooooo!!! I like!!! Gah- first Glowie's avatar and then all the yummy sneezy Chase and yummy House torture and of course I DIED with the Wilson comparision. :laugh: Oh... and the thing about Cameron.... gah... you SOOO know that she's got a kink thing going. *grins wickedly*

Can't wait to see more!! :laugh:

I haven't read this before and I haven't seen enough House lately to understand what exactly has gone on......but YUM!

Poor Chase. And I like the latest twist about Cameron too.

Archived