Sneeze Fetish Forum

''House's head & Chase's cold'' - (9 Parts)

evelyn

Evelyn...I love you! :cry:

I am so glad you updated! I love this story, it's so goooooooooooood~

"What idiot sneezes like this?"

"Like waahhh..He'Russhoo..HeNxxcht"

"Like he's having an orgazm."

Oh, heck yeah! :yes:

Oh, yesyesyes!!! House-fics have been abandoned for waaayy too long! Thanks for bringing it back! Thay are my absolute favorites at the moment! :wine:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys! Thank you for all the comments and your patience! :angelsad:

I didn't know how to continue. I had a few chapters ready, but I just didn't like them for some reason, so I changed things up a little bit.

Now that I've caught up with season 5, I know exactly where I want to go with this story. :yes:

PART 6

Chase's cheeks turned an even deeper shade of red, obviously unable to get Cameron out of his head.

''This thing with Cameron.." he tried sheepishly.

"Forget about Cameron. She has issues.....You care. Why?"

Chase chewed on his lower lip in search for an answer.

"You needed some help...how's your head?"

"Just fine. You should hate me."

Chase looked at him with a genuinely surprised expression.

"No, Wilson'd hate you."

"Neither of you do. That's interesting."

"Not everyone's incapable to forgive."

"Hey, no need to be sarcastic!"

Chase inhaled deeply, finally giving in to House's game.

"This wasn't your fault, if that's what you want me to say.''

House flattened his lips mockingly in return.

''I know, Wilson doesn't. I'm not suicidal, and I don't want your sympathy.''

''Then why did you...''

''It's not about me or Wilson, is it?''

''Now who are we talking about?''

''What have you done that suddenly made you so comapassionate with a selfish bastards practically killing his best friend's girlfriend other than liquidating that mother of two yourself some years ago?''

Chase flinched. He hoped that the conversation won't take this turn.

"I didn't....'' he stammered.

''You didn't what?''

''I didn't forgive myself, never will. And I don't want your sympathy either.''

''That wasn't your fault, if that's what you want me to say. Feels better now, genius?''

''No...I...I killed someone, you can't just brush that off by denying your responsibilit..-he suddenly stopped mid-sentence, and shuddered on the coach with a very wet and forceful "hii'IffSSHH'' which he barely caught against his shoulder.

''Exactly what I'm saying.'' House managed to blurt out, because Chase wasn't finished. Slowly, his handsome face crumpled into a pre-sneeze expression, and he deliberately twisted his body away from House, covering his nose with his trembling hands.

"Hii.K'Issh..HI'FFSSho..uhhhuh..heh..aww God..HhI'ffSHo..Efffshoo...I'b sorry.."

He felt the need to apologise. He must have sounded disgustingly stuffed up, and it made him blush a little, feeling uncomfortably vulnerable.

"Bless." House passed him the tissue box.

"Thadks...” That was all he managed to say before he hitched a breath and muffled two more desperate sneezes into his fist ''..ohh..He'APffcho..Hissshho.''

House watched as Chase discreetly blew his nose several times, which obviously did not clear out his sinuses enough to stop him from sniffling on and off almost continuously after that.

Chase wiped at his eyes and cleared his throat to continue.

''You didn't kill Amber because you forgot to do your job. You couldn't have known it was going to happen.''

''And you knew?''

''I should have asked her a simple...Wait..Why are we talking about this?''

''I'm not trying to talk about Candy.''

''Kayla.''

''Whatever.''

''Then what's the point?''

''You've done something similar. Not now...probably many years ago.''

''What do you mean?''

"Sometimes you do things you don't want to do just to get some attention, get someone to care..."

"Name one time!"

''For God's sake! You think I'm an idiot? You were in more distress than the Dean of Medicine. You even spent the night in that hospital chair after she has left. Or you think I'm blind too? I saw the way you looked at me the other day. You were not sympathising with me, you weren't even feeling guilty because you agreed to the brain surgery...you knew exactly how I felt."

House's cold blue eyes on his face made him feel uncomfortable, and he shifted on the coach.

''I haven't Hixxcht...done anything. You're hallucinating.''

Hiding behind a tissue, the guy's expression was as convincing as usual.

''Fine. Don't tell me."

"I have nothing to tell you.''

''I said fine.''

He turned on the TV. Maybe he was wrong about the signs, but there had to be a reason why Chase acted weird every time he brought up this whole Amber business, other than his daddy issues, and he needed to find out what it was. He took another gulp from his beer, glancing over at Chase when a series of deep coughs interrupted the silence. The blonde was sipping from his tea to suppress them, despite the terrible taste of it, sulking but not moving, his eyes fixed on the screen. The pout and the faint flash on his face brought back the boyish charm he's managed to lose after growing a backbone and some extra hair. It made him smile a little. Chase didn't really change on the inside, he just wanted people to think he did. He was still sensitive and needy, hiding behind a cynical (at times even grumpy) mask to protect himself...

TBC...

• 2 weeks later...

PART 7

After sitting silently for a few more minutes, seemingly ignoring each other's presence, House couldn't keep his mouth shut any longer:

"You're flushed.''

Chase didn't turn his eyes from the screen just shrugged.

''I'm fine. I drink this and I'm out of here."

He cradled the tea mug in his hands, its contents long since cold.

"Whatever. But if you think..."

"hehh..He'Impffchoo..He'Ifssh..HESCHOO"

Chase turned to his left side, ducked his head, and sneezed completely uncovered, towards the floor, interrupting House's speech. Embarrassed, he quickly put down his tea on the coffee table, and pressed a tissue to his running nose, giving it a few gurgling blows. Then, instead of letting House finish what he wanted to say, he decided to confront him.

"You're totally messed up, House. You need me here because you're looking to extrapolate something. You're trying to find proofs to justify your actions, but at the same time, you make nothing out of others' personal life experiences. That'd go against science. If I tell you now that I've killed my mother by making a random phone call to my dad at the wrong place, at the wrong time, how would that make a difference? What do you care if it happened to me, or to your maths teacher living just over the corner? You don't care, because you don't see people, you see actions, and even actions lie. Are you lying to me about your meaningful life philosophy?"

"Wow. You're good. That was totally something Wilson'd have said."

"You push the people who care away. You're lonely because you chose to be, because you think being miserable makes you special. It doesn't."

"I couldn't push some of you far enough."

"Because you never meant to. That's why you called Wilson that night. That's why you were unhappy with him being happy. That's why you're feeling guilty right now, and that's most probably the reason why I'm here."

"That's not why you're here."

"True....You were right..."

Chase glared at House with a "damn, you nailed that one" look.

''Seriously?''

''No. You have a problem House.”

Like someone has told him that before.

''You just admitted that..”

"...I care. Isn't that good enough?"

"You're avoiding my question.''

Chase sighed tiredly, his mouth pressed in a thin line:

''Whatever you want to believe.”

Chase finished his tea, but had no strength to push himself up from the coach. Suddenly he felt hot and cold, and shivering involuntarily, he decided to close his eyes for a second, just for a second...then he felt the backs of a rough hand on his cheek. Awkward, painfully objective, not a touch of compassion. The checkup was over before he got a chance to pull away.

"You have a fever. Though not high enough to be pathetic.''

Chase stared at the scruffy face in front of him.

"Caring is pathetic?"

"Being sick by to your 'arse' while playing the good fairy is pretty damn close."

Suddenly Chase took a slow, deep breath and sneezed a harsh, "He'Impffchoo" into his wed of crumpled tissues, moaning.

"Sorry, House, but I'm not feeling well enough to..."

"That's what I'm saying. You better stay on your sorry ass before I change my mind."

"About what?"

"You're sick. You need pills, pillows and plush koalas, and I need to talk. Two of the things...''

"Guys don't do by themselves?''

''Exactly. We might be able to help each other out for a change."

"You've been lying about your condition all day just because you wanted to manipulate me into coming over? To drop on your coach for the night?"

"Pretty much that."

"I've never been the first person you turned to with your personal problems. What changed? Not to mention that I can barely breathe as it is.''

''Blow your nose. And who says I have a problem?''

''Yeah, because that usually works.''

Chase cleared his throat.

''Look, I'm not an idiot.''

''Obviously not. I wouldn't have hired you otherwise.''

“What exactly are you hoping to accomplish with this? There isn’t going to be some magical revelation of any dark secrets from my troubled past that could soothe your guilty conscience while I keep tossing on your coach, sneezing my head off.''

“It's going to be totally awkward.”

“Then what’s the point?”

''Oh, relax, Chase. I'm on the way to find out. There's always a reason.''

"I'm relaxed. Mind to tell me what that reason is?"

"I wanted to tell you something..at the bus stop."

''And?''

''And I can't remember what it was.''

Chase shook his head, completely dumbfounded.

''So what?''

''It might be important.''

''Really?''

''I just have a bad feeling, okay? I can't...I can't really explain it.”, House blurted out at last.

"You have a bad feeling. Brilliant. That explains why I have to spend the night on your coach being totally miserable."

''Yeah.''

Chase hesitated for a few seconds, opening and closing his mouth as if trying to find words.

''OK.''

"Ok? That's it?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"You trust my feelings?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"How do you know I'm not lying?"

"How do you know when you are lying to yourself? It's easier to tell after a few years spent around you than you think it is."

Chase coughed harshly into his fist, and grimaced painfully.

''Brilliant'', House said with a grin, "Now go, get some sleep on the bed. You look like a kicked puppy. Cameron'll freak out."

"Huh? We're not sleeping together, are we? Honestly, the coach is fine."

"It's only 9 pm. I can't watch 'General Hospital' from the bed, besides, I haven't changed the sheets in weeks...your nose is stuffed up, you can't smell, me on the other hand.."

"Fine."

House being nice was too weird to think about at the moment. Chase stood shakily, tissue box in hand, trying not to even think about the odds of sleeping in House's bed.

"He'Russho....aww.HeEsssh..He'Impffchoo..heph..hehh..HIIFFFSHOO"

''God...I can barely breathe.'', Chase sighed, giving a congested sniffle.

"Take some Benedryl."

"Not taking more meds. It's a cold. I just need to sleep it off."

"Ok. Not trying to talk you into it. Pfffff How would that sound from an addict?"

Chase shook his head.

"Night, House."

"Night, Chase..."

TBC...

''I just have a bad feeling, okay? I can't...I can't really explain it.”, House blurted out at last.

"You have a bad feeling. Brilliant. That explains why I have to spend the night on your coach being totally miserable."

''Yeah.''

Chase hesitated for a few seconds, opening and closing his mouth as if trying to find words.

''OK.''

"Ok? That's it?"

"Yeah, that's it."

My Fav. part of this section- I could Definately envision that conversation. So House.

I'm so glad that you are continuing this. ;):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is some more. :D Not much sneezing in this one, or in the next part, but I'm trying to make up for it with a high dose of hurt/comfort goodness. I hope you can still enjoy it. :D

PART 8

Chase steps in House's bedroom, pulling the door closed with a gentle click behind him. He strips off Wilson's hoodie, places it carefully outlined on the nightstand, then searches the pockets of his jeans. With the tip of his fingers he pulls out a pink pill.

He has been feeling like crap all day, and upon catching him sneeze for the 10th time that morning, the motherly nurse Debbie, who works on his surgical team, pushed a bottle of cold medicine in his hand. He was greatful, having no time to get down to the pharmacy himself. He was about to take one, when they got an emergency, two teenagers in a car crash. Startled, instead of taking the pill, he shoved it into his pocket. Then, upon House making that scene at the bus stop, he dropped the whole bottle, giving up on ever nursing his worsening cold without House sensing his weakness.

He crawls under the covers, not even bothering to strip off his jeans, and places the pill carefully on the nightstand, just in case. Surely, he doesn't need it, he's tough enough to fight off a little cold. Suspiciously, he sniffs around the pillow, but instead of dirt, it only smells of the clean scent of washing powder, and something that is most probably House's aftershave. The sudden sensation tickles his sensitive nose, and suddenly he takes a slow, shuddering breath, sneezing a harsh "He'Impffchoo" into his fist. Then comes three more, louder and wetter, his body convulsing with each, forcing his face into House's pillow: "He'Ifssh...He'Ifffsh...Efffshoo..ahh"

The tickle backs away after a minute of endless buildups, and exhausted, he buries his head in House's pillow, curling up on his side. Feeling safe and comfortable laying there, after what seemed like a never ending double shift, he falls into a fitful sleep withing seconds.

He dreams of running, reaching for his mother who is standing on the beach, and then he is falling in water...deeper and deeper until it is impossible to breath...

Chase lets out a startled cry. He feels hot and sweaty. Must be sicker than he thought. Half asleep, he reaches up for the pink pill, and swallows it dry, closing his eyes again with a desperate need for sleep. Is he only imagining the sounds of approaching footsteps?

He opens his eyes, turning to the side of the bed to find House standing above him.

"Take these," he says quietly, handing him 2 small pills.

He can hardly make out the scruffy face in the dim light.

“Ummm,” Chase answers drowsily, like a disturbed child, shaking his head 'no'.

Something doesn't feel right. Pulling himself into a sitting position a wave of dizziness sweeps through him, and he has to grab House's outstretched arm to support himself. The small pills fell to the floor, and House flinches in surprise.

It feels like someone is sitting on his chest and his throat is strangely tight. He leans forward, letting go of House's arm, and claws at his throat, desperately trying to catch his breath, which is now coming in turtured gasps.

House's face moves from quizzical to concerned as he lowers himself to get a better look.

Chase's eyes fly open in panic, as yet another long, turtured breath leaves him with little air in his lungs. House instinctly puts his hand along his neck, feeling for a pulse.

''Shit!...Chase...Chase,'' he pats his cheeks to make him focus, ''just stay with me!''

Black dots begin to dance before his eyes when House leaves the room, and they are still there when he returns hurridly, sitting down on the edge of the bed, pushing him down on his back. He curls his fists around the bedsheets, franticly gasping for air, every muscle in his body tensed, eyes wide open with shock. House uncaps the needle, jabbing it firmly into Chase's thigh. He holds it there for a few more seconds.

''It's alright now...you're gonna be alright.'' he tries to soothe him.

Probably minutes pass in awkward silence, hearing each other's heartbeats. Chase is left panting and trembling, face flushed crimson from all the effort it took him to get some air into his lungs. He's trying to catch House's eyes with his own, and the older man hoists him upright to make it easier for him to breath.

''I'm calling an ambulance.''

Chase grabs for his hand, weakly shaking his head ''no''. He can't speak, but tries to form the words with his lips: 'I'm fine.'

''If by fine you mean going into anaphylactic shock out of nowhere, then yeah, I believe you.''

The grip on his hand tightens.

''Just keep on breathing. You're doing great.''

House limps to the living room, and Chase only catches parts of conversation, too weak to move an inch. The voice seems distant and edgy, but it calms him, and he wants to focus.

''...Princeton‐Plainsboro....his doctor's name's House...''

TBC...

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell you how excited I am to see this continued! This is one of the cutest stories I have read on here and I was afraid it was abandoned. It's fine that there wasn't much sneezing, I understand that the plot needs to move along, and what a development! I will keep reading!

• 1 month later...

I'm back! :D It always takes me a while...and I'm very sorry for that. Thank you for all your lovely comments!!!

blush: I'm really glad you're enjoying the story! :bday: It's definitely NOT abandoned, I'm just unforgivably slow because of work. But finally I was able to write some more. :heart:

PART 9

Next thing he knows, he's waking up in an ambulance, feeling like crap, with House sitting by his side, his expression caught between arrogance and self-confidence, still, something akin of worry in his eyes. That's the House he knows, like the man he saw only hours ago at the bus stop has gone for good. He wants to say something, but there's an oxygen mask covering his nose and mouth, and he tries to pull it aside, struggling for attention.

''Don't remove that, don't speak, don't do anything! We're almost there.''

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>o<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's late at night, and after throwing up for almost five minutes straight, hunched over a basin, his dignity isn't the matter anymore.

House is leaning against the wall indifferently, twirling his cane. He's trying to ignore Chase's pitiful dry-heaves, but counting the number of tiles on the floor doesn't prove to be a distraction. He casts his eyes around the room, then his gaze settles on Chase, who's frightfully pale -except for his flushed cheeks- and sweating. The ER's full, it's already late, nobody else is in close reach to handle the problem, and he unwillingly limps to the bed, handing him a cup of water.

Chase looks up at him through his damp bangs, before he slips his shaking fingers through House’s to take hold of the paper glass.

''Thanks,'' he manages to say, his voice faint and raspy.

House jerks his hand away, and wips it on his pants, glaring up at the ceiling impatiently while Chase rinses his mouth.

''Let's clean you up.'' he finally says, scratching the scruff on his jaw, obviously disgusted, despite the fact he's seen worse. Food allergies have never been in his good books. He takes the basin from Chase with a frown, holding it as far away from himself as he can possibly manage, and makes his way out of the curtain area, calling for a nurse on a tone that's good enough to kill.

''We need some help in here!''

Shortly after an indifferent nurse sticks her head in, surveying Chase critically for a brief second, only to draw back again, turning her full attention to House. Sure enough, she has had a less than pleasant encounter with the head of diagnostics before.

''Are you just going to stare at me?''

''You're House, right?''

''Oh, cool, and I'm not even wearing my nametag.''

"You need one of the housekeeping staff, not me."

She starts lecturing him about manners, chauvinistic jokes, tough working hours, lack of stuff, a pile accident, and patients, who are actually sick. House holds his own in the 'conversation', but Chase cannot see them from the bed, and the different sounds of the ER are absorbing their voices. He hears some rustling, splashing, then she's gone, leaving House with a towel and a bucket of water to do whatever he wants. He limps back to the bed without his cane.

''Geez..what a little fury.''

He puts the bucket of water on a side table and moves closer to pull off the thin sheet that's covering Chase, throwing it on top of a pile of dirty beddings in one corner. The expression of disgust never leaving his face.

Chase shivers in his discomfort. He wants his blanket back, he wants to feel better, he wants House to get out of his face.

''I'm sorry...,'' he mumbles at last, eying his bare legs sticking out from under his hospital gown, desperately avoiding eye contact.

''You should be. You're an idiot.''

''I...'' but suddenly a huge wet cloth is pressed all over his face, rubbing roughly in circles. This is embarassing, he suddenly realizes, like he was some little kid. He jerks more upright in protest, but the sudden movement only makes his head feel dizzy, seeing two grumpy Houses instead of one, and he swollows hard to fight the nauseating feeling in his stomach. He tries to find a more comfortable position on the bed.

''Stomach still doing loops?''

''A little. I...''

House injects something into his IV line.

''I'AM angry. Cameron..? She's gonna be furious.''

''I...''

''You could have died.''

''I had no idea that pill was strawberry flavored.''

''Because...you're an idiot. That's exactly why I didn't want you to leave.'' he says, handing Chase a fresh cup of water to take a few careful sips.

''You knew?''

"I've worked with you for years, of course I've read your file. I wanted to warn you at the bus stop when I spotted the bottle...''

''Not that. How did you know I had one pill left?''

''I didn't. I just had a bad feeling.''

''You're psychic?''

There's a genuinely innocent curiosity in Chase's eyes, and House holds his gaze for a few seconds, all serious, enjoying the situation. The little moment comes to an abrupt end when he can't keep from grimacing any longer, and pops another Vicodin.

''No, high. Patrick Jane works for another department.''

Chase pouts, then his lips immediately puckle up into a small smile, though the next time House shoots him a glance the remorseful expression is back on his face.

''You're still sulking, which means there's something you forgot to tell me.''

While waiting for an answer, he drapes a clean blanket over Chase reluctantly.

''I've searched your stuff. You had no Epi with you...''

''I was...''

''Cut the crap, Chase!''

''I always check, today I just...''

''Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heared this. You could have DIED.''

''I know.'' Chase snaps angrily, then, already regretting his tone, he hangs his head defeated, eyes welling up with tears, seemingly coming from nowhere. He tries to choke them back, but it's enough for House to take notice. He takes a seat next to the bed and looks at Chase with an intensity that makes the younger man flinch. Perhaps luckily for Chase, his nose chooses that exact moment to start tickling:

''Hiihhh..He'Ifffsh..Iffshooo'' surprised, he barely has time to bring one shaky hand up to cover his nose. He has completely forgotten about the sneezes.

''What the hell..'' House looks amazed too, passing Chase a tissue just in time.

He turns his head aside, burying his face in it:

''..HIfffch..uhh..hih..Hiinxxxch..uhh...God'' he groans in misery. Stifling was a bed idea after all.

The sudden sensation irritates his throat, sending him into a round of wheezy coughs. House winces at the sound, and stands to bring Chase some paper towels.

''Here,'' he says gruffly.

Chase accepts them without a word, and busies himself with blowing his severely running nose. House takes the silence as an opportunity to study him.

''You're staying here overnight for observation.''

Chase glances up through the locks of hair that have fallen in his eyes, a small frown playing between his eyebrows.

''Whad? I'b..''

''Your cold has moved to your lungs, add that to the allergic reaction.''

''I wand to go hobe.'' he sounds extreamly pathetic, he knows.

''Yeah, go whine to Mommy and Daddy about that crual Dr. House...Oh, wait, they're dead. Snap! You're staying here, I tell the nurse to put you in a private room.''

When Chase does not respond, House sits again to have a better look at his face.

"You want to tell now...what you've done?"

TBC...

• 3 months later...

I love your story! Please update, cause it's so well written and I'm so curious about what's going to happen next.

So please, pretty please update!

• 3 months later...

Archived