Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spencer & Ashley's Perfect Spring Break (F) - (8 Parts)

wannablessedbe

Spencer & Ashley’s Perfect Spring Break

A South of Nowhere story

By WannaBlessedBe

Ashley pulled into Spencer’s driveway and beeped her horn twice, glancing at her reflection in the rearview mirror to make sure she didn’t have any lipstick on her teeth. She glanced quickly back at the front door as it opened, but it wasn’t her blond-haired girlfriend who stood on the other side.

“Clay,” Ashley rolled her eyes. “I’m not taking you to Cabo.”

“Thought you were Chelsea,” he shrugged, grinning amicably.

“Is Spence ready yet?” Ashley asked impatiently, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel.

“Dunno, haven’t seen her. You can go in if you want.” Ashley raised one eyebrow. “It’s okay, Mom’s at work,” Clay assured her, holding the door open with a knowing smirk. With a shrug, Ashley hopped out of her convertible and followed Clay back into the house.

“Spennnncer!” She called in a sing-song voice as she skipped down the hall and up the stairs to her girlfriend’s bedroom. “It’s Cabo time! Are you all packed?” Not hearing a response, she figured Spencer had her earbuds in, and pushed open her bedroom door without knocking. To her great surprise, she found Spencer sprawled out in her bed, still fast asleep, with her blond hair fanned out messily across the pillow. Her mouth was half open, and she had one leg flung out of the covers, giving Ashley a nice view of the smooth skin between the hem of her t-shirt, and the edge of her Hello Kitty underpants.

“Spencer!” Ashley shrieked, flopping down on the edge of the bed and prodding her girlfriend in the back. “You’re not even up yet? Our flight leaves in two hours!” Spencer jerked awake, sitting bolt upright in bed with a glazed look, and blinked blearily, pushing her hair off her face.

“Huh?” She mumbled, rubbing her eyes with a sleepy frown.

“Hi, space cadet, table for one!” Ashley scowled in exasperation. “Spring break, Cabo, you, me? Any of this ringing any bells, maybe?”

“I know, Ash…” Spencer yawned. “I set my alarm for seven.”

“Oh, really?” Ashley held up the alarm clock in front of Spencer’s face. The digital readout showed 9:47.

“Oh my God!” Spencer squealed. “I must have turned it off and fallen back to sleep…Ash, I’m so sorry—“

“Don’t apologize, just get dressed! I’ll finish packing for you, okay?”

“Ohh…okay…” Something about the way Spencer’s breath hitched when she said ‘okay’ made Ashley look up, studying her girlfriend with a frown. Spencer’s eyebrows were slightly raised, eyes glazed over in an expression of faraway concentration.

“Spence, are you…”

“Ah-tchew!” Spencer shuddered, snapping forward and sneezing into her lap, turning her head away from Ashley at the last second.

“…feeling okay?” Ashley finished, her frown deepening. “Well I guess that answers my question.” Spencer sniffed and wiped her nose on the back of her hand.

“I just need a quick shower,” She mumbled, throwing back the covers and swinging her feet around. Ashley noticed the slight shiver that ran through her, even before Spencer wrapped her arms around herself.

“Baby, you don’t need a shower. You need to get back in bed. And I need to go cancel our reservations.”

“No!” Spencer cried, standing up with a defiant expression. “I just overslept! We can still make out flight. You just pack, and I’ll be…” her expression changed again, eyes going out of focus, and Ashley waited patiently while she pressed her knuckles up under her nose with a sniffle. “Heh…ehhh…” Spencer’s eyes squeezed shut, with another little shiver. “Ishheww!”

“Aw, baby! God bless you. C’mon, get back in bed, Spence. You’re sick.”

“I’m not sick,” Spencer whined, her eyes filling with tears. “I want to go to Cabo.” She sniffled and wiped her nose again.

“And we will go,” Ashley assured her, standing up and slipping her arms around her girlfriend’s waist, gently running her fingers up the slightly-too-warm skin of Spencer’s back, under her t-shirt. “When you’re feeling better, and able to enjoy it.” Pulling her close, Ashley pressed her cool forehead to Spencer’s not so cool one, confirming her growing suspicions.

“But this was our first vacation together,” Spencer whimpered miserably, her dismayed expression rapidly dissolving into tears. “I’m ruining it…”

“You are not,” Ashley shook her head, smoothing Spencer’s hair back behind her ears and wiping away a few tears. “You just found the perfect excuse to keep me in your bedroom for the rest of spring break. Doesn’t sound so bad to me.” She grinned teasingly, her brown eyes shining with love. Spencer finally grinned weakly back, allowing Ashley to pull her back into her warm bed. Ashley kicked off her shoes and climbed in, too, sitting back against Spencer’s pillows and pulling the blond girl back against her, kissing the nape of her neck.

“My poor little snifflebug,” she hummed, slipping her arms around her girlfriend’s stomach and holding her close, their hands linked over Spencer’s bellybutton. “I’m sorry you don’t feel good.”

“It’s okay, Ash, it’s not so bad. But you…you shouldn’t…” Ashley could feel Spencer’s breath welling up, and immediately let go of her hands, which Spencer quickly raised to her face. “Atchew! Ahh…atchhhew!”

“Bless you, baby!” Ashley crooned, rubbing her back lightly while she sniffled deeply, and wiped her nose on the back of her hand again.

“Thadk you,” Spencer mumbled miserably. “But you should go hobe, Ash. I dod’t wad to ged you sick, too.”

“Boy, you really need a tissue. Sit tight, I’ll be right back…” Ashley winked at her scowling girlfriend, deliberately ignoring her last request. She had no intention of leaving Spencer alone while she was sick and feverish, that was for certain. She rooted around in the hall closet until she found a box of Kleenex, and brought them back to Spencer’s room with a huge smile, as if she’d just won a treasure hunt.

“Here you go,” She grinned, handing the box over. Spencer scowled at Ashley’s smile, and snatched a tissue, rubbing it grumpily under her nose a few times. Then she took a deep, shaky breath, and pressed the crumpled tissue back under her nose with both hands as her eyes snapped shut.

“Ah-tchew!”

“Jeez, bless you sweetie. I think you need some cold medicine, before you give yourself whiplash.”

“Ha ha,” Spencer grumbled, pressing one hand to her forehead and closing her eyes with a groan. “Ashleyyyy,” She whimpered, opening her blue eyes and looking up at the brown ones above her with a miserable expression. “I don’t feel good. My head is spinning.”

“Just lie down,” Ashley murmured, running her fingers through Spencer’s soft blond hair until her eyes closed again. “Good girl…you just need to get some sleep.”

“You lie down, too,” Spencer mumbled sleepily.

“I just need to go get you some cold medicine, honey. Then I’ll be back.”

“Just lie with me for a minute…please, Ash?” Spencer sniffled, and blinked her blue eyes open just a crack. Ashley grinned crookedly at the sleepy, unguarded warmth in Spencer’s face.

“Okay, baby,” she whispered, snuggling down under the covers and twining her legs together with Spencer’s, gathering the groggy girl into her arms. “Spence, you’re shivering.”

“I’m cold,” Spencer mumbled, snuggling up against Ashley and resting her head against the warm body beside her. “But you’re warming me up pretty good…” She yawned, and Ashley reached down and pulled the covers up around them.

…Continue? R&R plz! :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

okay, here is another chapter-- thanks to those who left feedback! I have one technical question on posting that I'm hoping someone can answer. I know that it's preferred that all parts of a story be posted in a single thread-- which I am accordingly following. there's a note at the top of the stories page that says that you can update the status/description bar to reflect new chapters (aka, "chapter 2 now up!")...but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. can anyone advise?

...in the mean time, enjoy! :D

Part 2

By WannaBlessedBe

Spencer woke with a jolt from unsettling dreams, gasping and flinging her arms out in front of her, as if to shield herself from an attacker.

“Hey, hey, shhh…” Ashley’s cool hands closed over her shaking ones, pulling her into a tight hug. “It’s okay baby, it’s just a bad dream…shhh…I gotcha.” Ashley smoothed Spencer’s sweat-dampened hair back from her face as she spoke, kissing her flushed cheeks.

“Ash?” Spencer mumbled, her voice husky with sleep and congestion.

“I’m right here, Spence.” Ashley continued stroking her girlfriend’s sweaty forehead, a concerned expression etched in her dark brown eyes. “Poor baby, you sound terrible…and you’re burning up.” She laid one more kiss on Spencer’s temple, then reached across to the bedside table for the bottle of NyQuil she’d retrieved while the blond was asleep. “But I’ve got something here guaranteed to make you feel better.”

“Doh thadks,” Spencer sniffed, pushing herself back against the pillows, one finger rubbing hastily against the pink underside of her nose. “Cad I just have sobe tea?”

“Spence, c’mon,” Ashley chuckled, unable to stop the slight grin that tugged at the corners of her mouth at the sight of her recalcitrant girlfriend, sitting there sniffling and rubbing her nose like a little kid, insisting that she didn’t need any medicine. “You need to take this, okay? Then I’ll go make you some tea, I promise.”

“I just said I dod’t…*snrf*…I dod’t wad it, okay?” Spencer scowled, folding her arms crossly. As soon as she stopped rubbing her nose, a thin, clear trickle began to stream from one nostril, threatening to drip down the divot in her upper lip. Without being asked, Ashley reached across to where a box of tissues sat on the bedside table. Before she had a chance to offer the box to Spencer, though, the blond girl took a deep, sharp breath, and a tiny wrinkle creased the space between her eyes as she cupped her hands to her face.

“Heh-ishh!” Spencer’s shoulders jerked, sending a little shiver through her body as she sneezed.

“Bless you, baby,” Ashley said sweetly, trying not to give her girlfriend an I told you so look as she shook the box of Kleenex in front of her face. Spencer scowled behind her hands, and snatched a tissue, wiping her nose roughly. As she reached for another, Ashley saw her nostrils flare warningly, the little crease reappearing between her eyes.

“Huhh…” the hand that had been about to reach for a tissue changed course, one finger pressing back up under her running nose. “Ahh…huhh…” Ashley smirked, unable to ignore how adorable her girlfriend was at this moment, despite knowing how much she was suffering. There was just something unavoidably cute about Spencer sitting there with the covers pulled up around her, eyes closed in anticipation, holding one finger under her red nose-- pressed there so hard, her head tilted back a little, like a cartoon character. “Ahh-TSCHH!...*snrf*…atCHHishhew!”

“Aw, sweetie, God bless you.” Ashley reached out and rubbed Spencer’s back, while Spencer sniffled and grabbed a handful of Kleenex. “Please just take the damn cold medicine, Spence. I hate to see you so miserable.”

“Oh…ehhKSHH! Huh—huhTCHshh!...okay,” Spencer mumbled dazedly, her expression still clouded with ticklish anticipation as she reached for another tissue. Ashley waited patiently while Spencer blew her nose, rubbing it gingerly for a moment with the crumpled tissue, before one last “Hih-shhoo!” tumbled out.

“Bless you,” Ashley grinned sympathetically, holding out the plastic cup full of orange liquid.

“My throat hurts,” Spencer croaked, her voice scratchier but also less congested since her sneezing fit. She sniffed and gave her red nose another half-hearted rub with the tip of her finger.

“I’ll bet it does, after all those huge sneezes,” Ashley agreed, holding out the medicine cup again with a little shake. “You know what would help that…?”

“Okay, okay,” Spencer grumbled, taking the little plastic cup and downing it with a comically sour expression. “Ugh, gross.”

“Good girl,” Ashley grinned, kissing her cranky girlfriend’s forehead. “Now you can have some tea.” She was halfway off the bed when she realized Spencer was following her. “Baby, you just stay here and relax, okay? I’ll bring it right up.”

“I don’t wanna stay up here by myself,” Spencer whined, shivering slightly as she threw back the covers and stood up. “I’ll come down with you… hah-tchshew!” Her whole body shuddered, as another chilly sneeze snapped her shoulders forward.

“Bless you,” Ashley frowned. “Okay, if you want to come downstairs, we need to bundle you up first. You’re shaking like a leaf.” She expected Spencer to argue, as she’d been doing ever since she woke up; but the blonde seemed to have run out of steam. Feverish and exhausted, she sat on the edge of the bed and allowed Ashley to pull a warm hooded sweatshirt over her head, followed by flannel pajama pants and thick, squishy socks.

“Better?” Ashley asked gently, smoothing a lock of damp hair back behind her girlfriend’s ear.

“Uh-huh,” Spencer nodded, her glazed expression still firmly in place. “Thadks.” Noticing the sniffle in her voice, Ashley grabbed the box of tissues from the bedside table before leading her girlfriend downstairs to the kitchen, where Spencer’s least favorite brother Glenn sat inhaling a cheeseburger and fries.

“Hey lezzies, what are you still doing here? Thought you were off to Cabo.” Glenn didn’t bother to look up from his food, or he might have noticed Spencer’s fever-flushed cheeks, runny red nose, or her chattering teeth.

“Ch-change of p-plans,” Spencer stuttered, curling up in a chair and wrapping her arms around herself while Ashley put the kettle on. Glenn lifted his eyes from his plate just in time to notice Spencer raise a hand half-heartedly to her flared nostrils, with a sharp, quavering breath. “Hashhew! Heh-ishh!”

“Aw, gross, Spencer!” Glenn yelped, leaping back defensively. “Spray your snot all over my fries, why don’t you?!” Spencer just shrugged tiredly, and pulled a fresh tissue from the box, barely touching it to her nose before another shallow breath caught in her throat, and her eyebrows knit back together. Glenn wrapped one arm protectively around his plate.

’Tschoo!...*snrf*…”

“Bless you, babe,” Ashley called from the stove, where she was pouring the steaming water into a mug.

“Thadks,” Spencer mumbled, putting her head down on her arms while Glenn scowled in disgust.

“Okay, I’m taking my food somewhere it won’t be marinated in your slimy germs, Spence. Try not to touch anything in the kitchen, okay?” Glenn winked as he carried his lunch out of the room.

“Bite be,” Spencer croaked behind a handful of tissues.

• 2 weeks later...

hey peeps,

just a note to say that this chappy is a little slow getting started...but if you stick with it, I promise it'll be worth it! :D enjoy

Chapter 3

By WannaBlessedBe

Ashley was standing between the comedy and romance sections at Blockbuster, deliberating, with her eyebrows scrunched up and a hand on her hip. What was more likely to make Spencer feel better and forget her sniffly misery? A happy-ending romance might lift her spirits…then again, she’d probably end up crying halfway through; she did that even when she wasn’t sick and emotional. Turning the corner decisively into the comedy section, Ashley smacked into someone carrying a stack of DVDs.

“Ow! Watch where you’re—Ash, what’re you still doing here?” Kyla blinked inquisitively at her sister, temporarily ignoring her movies scattered around them on the floor. “I thought you and Spencer were leaving for Cabo this morning.”

“Change of plans,” Ashley said wryly, bending down to gather up the movies Kyla had unintentionally showered her with. “Spencer’s at home with a temperature of a hundred and one.”

“Aw, poor thing! That sucks Ash, I’m really sorry. I know how psyched you were for this vacation.”

“Oh, please, don’t feel sorry for me,” Ashley shrugged. “Spencer’s the one who needs the sympathy. It’s not enough that she caught the worst cold known to all mankind, she also has to beat herself up for ruining our trip.”

“And you’re out getting movies to make her feel better?”

“And ice cream,” Ashley grinned a little bashfully, holding up the bag in her other hand.

“Ashley Davies, going soft over a girl…wait till the media gets a hold of this one.”

“Ha ha,” Ashley stuck out her tongue at her younger sister. “As much as I’d love to stay here trading barbs with you all afternoon, I have to get back to Spencer’s before my ice cream melts.”

“You do that,” Kyla winked, making no effort to conceal her grin. Ashley rolled her eyes, and grudgingly grinned back.

“Honey, I’m home!” Ashley called, as she opened the door to Spencer’s house fifteen minutes later. There was no response except for a series of deep, rattling coughs echoing down the hall. Following the sound, Ashley found Spencer curled up under a comforter on the couch, her pale face shining with a thin sheen or perspiration. “That doesn’t sound so good,” she frowned, sitting down beside her girlfriend’s huddled form, and slipping a hand out to rub her back.

“It doesed’t feel so good, either,” Spencer croaked, crawling into Ashley’s lap and letting her girlfriend wrap her up in a tight hug. They stayed that way for a few minutes, Ashley running her fingers soothingly through Spencer’s hair, gently rubbing her scalp. Spencer finally sighed, and opened her eyes a crack with a reluctant grin. “So wha’d you bridgh be?” Ashley bit down on the snicker that threatened to erupt at the sound of her girlfriend’s stuffed-up question.

“Well, behind curtain number one…” Ashley wiggled her eyebrows dramatically, and Spencer giggled. “We have a selection of fine entertainment.” She produced the stack of DVDs and set them on the coffee table. “Next, something nice and cool for your throat.” She reached into the second bag and pulled out a pint of Ben and Jerry’s.

“Yay,” Spencer croaked, reaching for the ice cream.

“Uh-uh,” Ashley shook her head gravely, snatching back the prize. “First thing’s first, miss doesn’t-want-to-take-her-medicine.” She reached back into the bag, and pulled out a small box of cold pills. “Since I practically had to sell my soul to satan to get you to swallow that syrupy stuff, I thought it might be easier for both of us if I just got you some of these tablets. No grossness required. Then you can have some ice cream.” Ashley winked, and Spencer looked outraged.

“I cad’t believe you’re…*snrf*…you’re withholding ice creab from be whed I’b sick!” She crossed her arms and scowled, while Ashley blithely ignored her, popping two of the pills out of their wrappers.

“Tough love, baby.” She handed the pills to Spencer, raising one eyebrow expectantly. Pouting, Spencer took them, along with the glass of water Ashley handed her from the coffee table. “Good job. Now we can have ice cream!”

“You’re sdeaky,” Spencer grumbled, wiping her nose on a fresh tissue with a wet sniffle.

“There’s a newsflash,” Ashley replied sarcastically; but she was grinning as she rose from the couch, ice cream in hand, and headed into the kitchen for bowls and spoons. When she came back, Spencer was sitting up, petulantly waiting for her ice cream; and smiling reluctantly when Ashley handed it to her.

“Thadks, Ash.”

“What are girlfriends for?” Ashley shrugged, leaning over and kissing her forehead. Spencer had a spoonful of ice cream halfway to her mouth when she froze.

“Ah-tchshew!” She hastily turned away from Ashley, cupping her free hand over her face to shield her girlfriend from her sneeze. Her other hand was still holding the spoon absently in midair.

“Bless you,” Ashley grinned sympathetically. Spencer rolled her eyes, hastily putting the spoon down so she could grab a new tissue from the box, her other hand still firmly planted over her nose and mouth. She blew her nose roughly, then tossed the Kleenex aside and picked up her spoon again. And again, she got it only halfway to her mouth before she froze, this time with a shaky, shallow breath that flared her pink nostrils and made her eyes flutter.

“Ohh…fuhck…” She managed to put her spoon down before her eyes squeezed shut in anguished anticipation. “Hehh-ishoo!” She cupped both hands to her face on autopilot, sniffled, and groaned in exhausted frustration.

“Aw, honey…” Ashley bit back a small grin as she handed Spencer another tissue. Spencer grabbed it and promptly sneezed again, before she could even say “thanks.”

“Cad’t I eved…eat a stupid…bowl of…atCHHishew!” She was pinching her nose in the damp wad of Kleenex now, eyes closed, with the tiny wrinkle between her eyes that said the tickle still wasn’t gone.

“Want me to put the ice cream away?” Ashley offered, feeling bad that she couldn’t really do anything to help.

“Doh, I dod’t…hold od, I cad stop…*snrf*…I thidk that was the…last sdeeze…” Eyes still closed, Spencer blew her nose, then pulled out a fresh tissue and rubbed it underneath her reddened nostrils with both hands. When she opened her eyes, they were puffy and out of focus, and Ashley could tell she was going to sneeze again. With the next sharp breath, her brow knit together and she shivered, but fought to keep her eyes open, jamming two fingers under her nose and staring off into space with a ticklish hitch in her breathing.

“Spence, don’t fight it. If you have to sneeze, just go ahead and sneeze,” Ashley said soothingly, reaching out and rubbing her girlfriend’s back.

“Easy for…you to say,” Spencer mumbled, her voice unnaturally high and breathy. “You’re dot the freak who…cad’t eved…eat your owd…” her eyes finally snapped shut as another powerful shiver ran through her body. “Heshiiew!” The force of her sneeze doubled her over, whipping her long blond hair into her face. She blew her nose again, and opened her eyes experimentally. “Huh,” she sniffed, blinking as if at a bright light.

“Better?” Ashley asked encouragingly.

“All…albost…” she looked up at the ceiling for a second, her expression oddly pensive, while her nostrils twitched. “Tchhoo!” This last sneeze was a bit softer than the rest, and didn’t send a shiver through her frame.

“Bless you, angel,” Ashley cooed, tucking a lock of Spencer’s hair back behind her ear while she blew her nose tiredly.

“Thadk you,” Spencer replied croakily, finally picking up her spoon and taking a bite of her now half-melted ice cream. “This blows,” she whined, poking the contents of her bowl moodily. Then she glanced over, and noticed that Ashley’s ice cream was in a similar condition, lying untouched on the coffee table in front of her. She frowned. “Ash, you dided’t have to let your ice creab belt, too, you doh.”

“Oh, yeah,” Ashley snorted and rolled her eyes. “Like I’m going to sit here eating ice cream while you’re having the marathon sneezing fit right next to me? Yeah, that would be really compassionate.” Spencer grinned bashfully, a tiny bit of color returning to her cheeks.

“Goof,” she giggled.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey peeps!

I didn't think there was going to be any more to this story...but apparently I was wrong! Hope you all like, I think this is my favorite chap so far :D

Chapter 4

By JewWitch

Spencer fell asleep again in the middle of the afternoon, curled up on the couch wit her head in Ashley’s lap, hypnotized by the soothing sensation of the dark-haired girls’ fingers running through her hair. When she drifted back toward consciousness, an hour or two later, she distinctly heard the sounds of several familiar voices rising and falling around her. It was a nice feeling, even though she couldn’t quite remember where she was or why she was waking up in a room full of people. Ashley’s voice was the closest of all, and her warm hands still rested lightly on Spencer’s skin under the blankets, giving Spencer a deep sense of warmth and security that allowed her to wake up very slowly.

“Hmmm,” she murmured sleepily, shifting slightly under the blankets.

“I think somebody’s finally waking up.” Ashley’s voice acted on Spencer like a stimulant, and she cracked her eyes open in the late-afternoon sun.

“Hey,” she yawned, rubbing her eyes until Ashley’s mischievous smirk came into focus.

“Hey, sleepyhead,” Ashley grinned, leaning down and giving her a soft kiss on her forehead. “Feeling better?”

“A little…” Spencer sniffled and sat up, finally taking in the fact that she and Ashley were not alone in the living room. “What are you guys doing here?” Kyla, Aiden, Chelsea and Clay were all sitting around the coffee table with a board game open between them.

“Waiting for you to wake up,” Clay grinned, giving her his trademark big brother wink. “Wanna play Monopoly?” Spencer rubbed her eyes some more, feeling slightly bewildered.

“But I thought…” She sniffled again, pressing the cuff of her pajama top lightly under her nose. “I thought you guys were going to that opening at the California Art Institute today…” She motioned toward Chelsea and Clay. “And Aiden, I thought you were supposed to work on your bike all week.”

“And we thought you were going to Cabo,” Kyla pointed out, rolling the dice and moving her tiny top hat six spaces.

“I’m sick,” Spencer mumbled, still a little dazed, or she might’ve realized that her scratchy voice, pink-tipped nose, and many pauses to sniffle weren’t lost on anyone.

“We know, Spence,” Chelsea chuckled. “That’s why we’re here. We all decided to take the afternoon off and hang out here with you and Ash.”

“Only if that’s cool with you,” Ashley hastily amended, glancing apprehensively at Spencer’s surprised expression. “If you’d rather not have company—“

“No, that’s…that’s great…” The tickle in the back of Spencer’s nose was starting to well up again, and she blinked, trying to hold it back and finish her sentence. “I’d love it if…ahh…you guys all…s-stayed a…a while…huhhh…” She felt a little embarrassed for a second, then the tickly, sniffly sneeze building up behind her nose and eyes commanded all her attention away from her friends. She felt Ashley’s warm hand press a tissue into hers. “Ashhiew! Ah, ahh, atchoo!”

“Bless you!” Five voices chorused, while Spencer tried to wipe the wetness from her sore nose as gently as possible, blinking against the lingering itchiness.

“Tha…*snrf*…thanks…” the stuffy-headed, blocked up feeling she’d had all morning had finally eased, but now her nose was starting to run, which tickled even worse than the stuffiness. “Ash, can I have a…another…” Her breath welled up, her eyes squeezed shut, and she held the fresh tissue her girlfriend passed her up to her itching nostrils as they flared open of their own accord. But after a frozen moment, the sniffly sensation passed, and her twitchy nose relaxed, along with her lungs. “Dammit,” she groaned, pinching her nose lightly in the folds of the tissue.

“Aw, Spence. Did your sneeze get stuck?” Ashley asked sympathetically, reaching out and tucking a lock of her girlfriend’s blond hair back.

“Uh…uh-huh,” Spencer mumbled, still caught in limbo between sneezing and not sneezing. The ticklish feeling inside her nostrils was awful, but it wasn’t quite strong enough to make her sneeze. It kept welling up, then dying away again suddenly, her breath rising and falling erratically.

“Poor Spence!” she heard Kyla say, which didn’t really make her feel any better. For some reason, it had always sort of embarrassed her when other people watched her sneeze; especially at a time like now, when she knew they were all just sitting there waiting for her to get it over with so they could go back to their game. It didn’t bother her when Ashley was the one seeing her sneezes, but then again, Ashley had always managed to make her feel completely adored, no matter how awkward she felt.

“Excu…huhhh…excuse me for a…ahhh…a sec…” Spencer stumbled to her feet, starting to shiver when the blankets slipped off her. “Be right…*snrfl*…back…” She hastily retreated to the front hall, not bothering to wipe her runny nose when she felt it starting to drip, hoping instead that it would shake the stubborn sneeze loose at last. It was chilly in the hall, and her shivers intensified, waves of ticklish irritation radiating from her nose. The sneezy feeling inside her head was so intense, it felt like someone was brushing a tiny feather duster against the back of her nose and eyes.

“Huhhh— ah, ahh…ahhhh—“ Suddenly a warm blanket was draped around her shoulders, and she knew it was Ashley who’d joined her by the stairs, though she couldn’t open her eyes to check. Instead, she cupped her hands to her face, feeling her chest expand of its own accord with a deep, quivering breath. “HEHshieww! HEH-ishhew! Huh-ashhew!” Spencer hardly ever sneezed like this, over and over in rapid succession, but the inordinate, anguished build-up had teased her poor nose to its absolute limit. Her shoulders snapped forward again and again, as sneeze after irritated sneeze wracked her small frame.

“Eishoo! Huh-ishhew! Hehh…hehsheww!” In addition to her sore nose, her chest was starting to ache from so many sharp breaths being forced in and out so rapidly. “Hehh-- hehhhh-- ishhieww!”

“God bless you, baby! Jesus, that’s one hell of a cold you’ve got in that cute little nose, Spence.” Ashley was rubbing her hand across Spencer’s shivery back, supporting the sniffling girl as her body finally went limp.

“Holy crap,” Spencer mumbled, swiping at the wetness under her nose with the edge of her sleeve again. “I think I really did get whiplash that time.” She sniffled again weakly. Ashley produced a clean tissue from her pocket, and gently wiped her girlfriend’s still-running nose. Spencer didn’t protest, so Ashley folded the tissue in half, and held the clean side back to Spencer’s pink nose, gently pinching her nostrils in the folds.

“Blow,” she instructed quietly. Spencer closed her eyes, and weakly complied, producing a long, wet sound that didn’t surprise either of them. “That’s my girl,” Ashley murmured, leaning in and giving Spencer a soft kiss on her temple. Then she swiped the tissue one last time under the blond girl’s red-rimmed nostrils, and tossed it aside, wrapping her arm more firmly around her exhausted girlfriend’s waist.

“Ready to play now?” She asked, leading them back toward the living room, where their friends were waiting.

“Uh-huh,” Spencer grinned a little bashfully. “Thanks, baby.”

Archived