Sneeze Fetish Forum

Twilight/Bella (f) - (11 Parts)

twinkies690

Yes, this is another Bella story. The other two stories inspired me to write on of my own. I love the series and I'm desperately in love with Edward so what better than a concerned Edward when the love of his life is ill? ugh, makes my heart pound. enjoy and comment :drool: ps: I just sneezed while writing this haha

I dropped my jacket and bag on the floor and toed off each of my boots. Then, in one fluid movement, I collapsed into bed, my head hitting the pillow. I moaned and groaned at the same time. Moaned because of the relief of a warm bed in comparison to the rainy, cold weather. Groaned because my head was pounding and my nose was stuffed up.

I sat up on my other elbowand grabbed some tylenol swallowing them dryly, wincing, because of my dry, soar throat. Hopefully that will hold off my incoming illness for a few hours.

I groaned again when I realized that Edward would be coming through the window in the next two hours, just back from his hunting trip. He would surely notice in a moment if I was sick so I had to make sure I was on my game. Didn’t want him worrying over me when it was unnecessary.

I didn’t have much long to worry about it. Within the next five minutes I had drifted into deep sleep.

A nightmare took over, as usual. I couldn’t remember much although there was a lot of red and black flashes and all I could feel was heat. The heat made me sweat and I could even hear my own whimpers.

Then suddenly, an angel came through the darkness, “Bella? Bella, honey, come on wake up,” I heard the angel whisper, urgently.

I felt my body shake and my chest became ice cold. My eyes jolted open with a gasp and I realized I was in Edward’s arms and he was staring down at me in the darkness with worried eyes. The gasp sent me into a violent coughing fit. It took me a few shoves but I finally manage to get loosened out of Edward’s arms so I could cough away from him.

As my coughing died out, I noticed Edward lean over and wipe the tears off my cheeks. I wasn’t sure if they were there because of my nightmare or the coughing.

I cleared my throat and lay my head against the pillows. Edward leaned over me and put his hand against my cheek, guiding my eyes to meet his. Staring back at me were beautiful golden eyes looking at me with concern and anxious worry.

“You okay?” he whispered in the dark.

“Yeah. Sorry. The dream caught me off guard.” I tried my best to keep my voice steady hope he didn’t take the hoarsness as a sign of illness. My nose was already erupting with timid tickles. I bit my tongue so I could mentally ignore these annoyances.

“You sure?” he didn’t seem convinced.

“Yes, I’m fine.” I smiled up at him, “Welcome back. Cat ch any lions?”

He gave me one last look before he gave me his crooked smile that I couldn’t get enough of. “Yeah, a few. How was your weekend?”

“Mmm, great.” I murmured as he softly kissed my cheek and jaw. I bit harder on my tongue as the tickles in my nose grew exceedingly bothersome.

“I missed you.” He said softly as he gently kissed me neck several times. This gave me a warm feeling and momentarily distracted me from the task of holding back my sneeze. Because of this lapse in control, the sneeze grew full blown. It was too strong to hold back so, as quickly as I could, I pushed one of Edward’s shoulders away so I could sneeze to the side, without getting him.

“Eptchoo!” I rubbed my nose with my index finger to coax out the other sneeze, “Heh…hetchoo!”

“Bless you.” Edward said. There wasn’t much worry behind it , thank goodness. It’s not like he hadn’t seen me sneeze before, even though I didn’t sneeze much. He just happened to be around 95 percent of the time. Not that I had any complaints whatsoever.

I rolled back onto my back and wrapped my arms around his neck, to make sure any hint of concern was buried. He smiled as his lips wrapped around mine and he kissed me passionately, and yet timidly

He suddenly let out an unexpected breath through his nose. Cool air rushed into my nose which set off my already sensitive nose.

What do you think so far?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING MORE BELLLAAA!! I LVOE THE SERIES, and i LOVE watching Edward take care of Bella! THANKK YOU I cna never get enough! Please continue, if you feel inclined!

Glad to see you guys like it :devil1: Here's some more

I pushed Edward once again. This time, I caught a glimpse of his furrowed eyebrow and I violently sneezed in my elbow to the right. “He-Achoo!” I sniffled, “heptchoo!”

As casually as I could, I rolled onto my back again and managed to make contact with Edward’s probing gaze. I plastered a smile on my face and tried to play off my extra sneezing with a statement, “Now where were we?” I reached for his lips again. I noticed a vagure glint of desire in Edward’s eyes before he shook it off an gently pushed me away.

“Bless you.” He said.

I couldn’t help but sniffle, “Thanks. Why won’t you kiss me?”

“Do you feel alright?”

“Of course.” I answered to quickly .

He sighed and placed the back of his hand on my forehead. “You feel warm.”

“How can I not compared to you?”’

“I’ve grown accustomed to your regular tempterature and this is not it. Do you want me to get a thermometer or would you like to say something to me now?”

I sighed, which came out sounding like a wheeze, “But I—“

Edward cut me off by covering my mouth with his hand. My nose decided in that moment to tickle and tease and to my horror, I unleashed the sneeze into Edward’s palm, “Ha-mmph!”

I gasped a blushed scarlet. “Oh, Edward! I’m sorry, that was so gross.I’m so sorry.”

He had already wiped the moisture on his jeans and he was smirking, “Bella, love, it’s okay. It’s my fault, I should not have blocked off your breathing passage when you could barely breathe as it is.”

“Edward, I can breathe just fine.”

“Bell, you’re congested. You can’t help but breathe out of your mouth. I can see and hear it.” He paused to stroke the hair out my face, “Why can’t you just admit you’re sick?”

I sighed which released a cough or two that made me wince. I could see Edward wince subtlely as well in response.

“Fine.” I said in a quiet voice, “I’m sick.”

He sighed and nodded. Then he looked down and muttered, “Bella…”

My heart sank once I saw him get up, “Where are you going?” I whispered.

He then took my hand and made me stand up. I wobbled a bit when I stood up. I felt dizzy. But I ignored it. He opened my dresser and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

“Change.” He said handing them to me.

It was then that I realized I was still in my school clothes. Wet school clothes nonetheless. I nodded, embarassed a bit, and went Into the bathroom for my “human moment.” After changing, I made sure to blow my nose several times so I could sound as clear as possible. I washed my face as well.

“Better?” he said when I came back out of the bathroom. He was still where I had left him, standing by the dresser. Such patience.

I nodded, “Thank you.”

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on the forehead. I sighed in contentment. Our kisses didn’t usually last long but he could hold me in his arms for hours. Suddenly my breath hitched because of a persistant sneeze. Edward noticed right away and reached behind him rapidly for a tissue on top of my dresser. He placed it on my nose right as the sneeze escaped, “Heptchoo!” He began to pull the tissue away, thinking I was done, but my nose protested. I snagged the hand that was still holding the tissue and sneezed into it again, “Ha-mmph!”

Edward waited a moment. “Good?”

I nodded, cheeks hot.

He threw the tissue away in the closest trash can and turned back to me and kissed me on my cheek. “Bless you, my love.” He murmured.

More! Please comment!

I sniffled, “Thanks.”

“There’s no need to get embarassed. People get sick.” So he had noticed my flushed cheeks, even in the darkness.

I nodded. He looked down at me with a smile but the there was a hint of concern behind it, I noticed. He let go of me and snagged my quilt off my bed. He then noticed that it was slightly damp from my clothes. He slung it over my rocking chair and began to walk to my closet but once he saw me shiver, he rushed a bit more. He snagged a thicker comforter out of my closet for violent winters and wrapped it around my shoulders. I shivered again. He lifted me up and placed me on the bed, wrapping his arms around me in the process. This moment, more than ever, I wanted only his arms and no barriers. But I knew he would protest.

My thoughts were interrupted by another sneeze. I wasn’t even bothering to hold them back anymore. “Ha-essh! Ha-eptcho!” I sneezed freely into my cupped hands. Edward kissed my forehead and murmured a “bless you” against my forehead.

I sniffled, “Thank you.”

He ran his fingers through my hair, soothing me a bit. “You take tylenol?”

I nodded, coughing a little with my mouth clothed. My head pounded. The tylenol obviously didn’t help much.

“Doesn’t seem like it helped much.”

So perceptive. “Not really.”

“Do you have anything else?”

I shook my head, “It’s okay. Eptchoo!” I sneezed onto the back of my hand.

He studied my face, “Are you sure? I could quickly run ou—“

“No!” I cleared my throat and stabled my voice again, “No, it’s fine.” I really didn’t want him to leave again.

Edward must have caught on and he nodded and firmly kissed my brow, as if confirming his presence wasn’t going anywhere. “Why don’t you try to sleep then, darling?” He murmured against my forehead.

I nodded and shut my eyes. I felt him kiss me on the lips and then start to hum my lullaby. Before I knew it I drifted into a dreamless, deep sleep.

I was awake, but I lay with my eyes closed. I groaned. I had a throbbing headache and was congested beyond belief. It should be a great Tuesday.

I opened my eyes and came in contact with Edward’s chest. I looked up into his still golden eyes.

“Hi,” I croaked.

He frowned, “You don’t sound any better.”

“Eptchoo!”

“Terrible, in fact. Bless you.”

I sniffled, “Thanks.” I attempted to disentangle myself from his arms and comforter. I shivered at the room temperature and shuffled to the bathroom without a word. As I did my business, I noticed that the sun was just about to rise. Too early for school but not enough time to relax. Before leaving the bathroom, I violently blew my nose, triggering off a collection of sneezes.

I shuffled back into my room and rolled into bed, into Edward’s arms. I pretended like I forgot about the comforter, and wrapped my arms around him, somehow avoiding a shiver.

“Bless you, by the way.”

I cleared my throat before responding with a, “Thank you.” I gently pressed my lips onto his collarbone. My forehead touched his neck and the coolness of it felt fantastic. This jolted Edward, by the shock of the heat.

“Oh, Bella. C’mon let’s get the comforter back around you.”

But I resisted, savoring the feel of my face buried in his neck. The coolness felt spectacular.

Edward allowed me to stay there, stroking my hair, until he felt the wiggle of my nose. He grabbed for a tissue just as I pulled back and sneezed into the tissue forcefully , “ETCHOO!” Edward waited, knowing another one was coming, “Eh…hih….hih…HETCHOO!”

He tossed the tissue into the trash. “Bless, my love. Now, could you please get back in the comforter, before I go mad?”

I sniffled and nodded, as I noticed my entire body had been shaking.

Before I knew it, I was snuggled in my down comforter, Edward’s arms around the comforter. He placed my forehead against his neck, knowing it soothed me. Even when sick, Edward made me feel content.

“Charlie’s getting up.” Edward murmured into my hair.

I sniffled and whispered, “He’s not coming in here, is he?”

Edward shook his head, “No, you don’t have to worry. He’s taking an early shift at the station.”

I nodded, a bit thankful Charlie was leaving so Edward could stick around before school.

“Rest, darling.” He whispered.

I shook my head, “I have to wake up soon.”

Edward reared back, forcing me to take my forehead off his neck. I groaned.

“You think you’re going to school?”

“Yeah, I have a paper due.” I responded. He knew that.

“No way, Bella. You’re staying in bed.”

I quickly sat up. “But I nee…need *sniff* ETCHOO!”

Edward handed me a tissue, “Go on.”

“I need to hand in that paper. It’s very important.”

“Too bad. If it’s really important to you, I’ll have Alice stop by and pick it up and hand it in for you. But you’re not going anywhere.”

“I don’t want Alice to go out of her way for me.” I protested. I always felt bad when people did things for me.

“She won’t mind. Trust me.”

I sighed. “Are you staying with me?”

Edward sat up and gave me a gentle kiss. “Of course. You think I could pay attention in school with you here suffering alone?”

I smiled and gave him a kiss of my own. I day to ourselves didn’t sound so bad, sick or not.

I felt another tickle in my nose. Edward face was too close to mine for me to let it out so I stifled, “Hm-Choo! Hm-Choo! Ugh, sorry.”

He gave me another kiss. “No need to apologize. Bless you. You shouldn’t hold them in like that. It’s not healthy.”

I nodded, “I didn’t want to sneeze on you.”

“I’d rather you sneeze on me than hold them in and hurt yourself. You know I can’t get sick.”

I blushed. “Habit.”

He gave me another crooked smile and I lay back down, in the comforter, but more importantly in his arms. He began to hum my lullaby and I drifted into another sleep.

Glad you guys are liking it. Please comment :)

Fire against ice. The sudden feel of my cheek practically freezing after moments before being fire hot is what shocked me awake.

“Shh, It’s just me.” Edward said.

I felt myself relax. I hadn’t even noticed myself tense. In fact, I couldn’t notice much, my head was so fuzzy. I let out hoarse cough.

It was then I finally noticed what the ice was. It was Edward’s cheek pressed up against mine.

“You have a high fever but I didn’t want wake you so I thought this would soothe you in your sleep,” he murmured. “Obviously, I was wrong.” I felt his lips move against my ear as he spoke. A shiver escaped through my spine and I sniffled.

He moved his head and pressed his lips and nose to my cheek and gave me a comforting kiss. “Maybe I should take you to Carlisle,” he whispered against my ear.

This woke me up a bit but not enough for me to ignored my grogginess. “No,” I said softly. I tightened my arms around his neck, not even knowing they were there in the first place.

“C’mon, Bella,” he murmured, “Your fever has me concerned.”

“You’re too close to me.” My words didn’t make sense but my thoughts did. I was way too comfortable in his arms, being so clung to him. I didn’t want a seperation.

“What?” He almost sounded as if he knew I was delirious and he expected statements that didn’t make much sense.

“Too close.” I sleepily murmured. It must have sounded like I didn’t want him close but it was the opposite, I clung even tighter to him, knowing there was no way I could hurt him.

He rubbed my back a few times, trying his best to soothe me. I could sense his worry. To make things worse, I had to sneeze. I rubbed my nose furiously, trying to rid of the sneeze but my mission failed. “Heptchoo! *sniff* Heptchoo!”

“Bless, love.”

Edward must not have wanted me to sit up for too long so he lay me down, my arms still around his neck. He positioned me underneath him, holding the majority of his body weight up but still having his body pressed against me. My skin was too hot for this to be uncomfortable.

Edward loosened my arms so he could look at my face. He then pushed his fingers through my hair. “If you won’t let me take you to Carlisle, I need to give you some medicine then. Okay?”

My nose wiggled and Edward saw this, along with my widened eyes. Before I could even think, Edward’s hand shot up over my mouth and I couldn’t hold the sneeze back any longer, “Etchoo! Heh…heh…” It was stuck.

Edward raise his eyebrow, questioningly. Once he registered my problem he gently blew his cool breath in my nostrils. This triggered the sneeze’s release automatically. “He-Atchoo!”

I sniffled as Edward wiped his hand and kissed me on the forehead.

“The medicine? Please?” he practically begged.

“Okay. Have at it,” I whispered and gave him a weak smile but a smile nonetheless.

I opened my eyes to see Edward’s smile.”Good afternoon.”

I groaned and squinted at the sunlight poaring across my bed. “Ugh.” I buried my face in a pillow. The down tickled my nose, “Ha-mmph!” I sneezed into the pillow. Edward rubbed my back.

I felt him shift seating positions on my bed and he grabbed my chin and lifted it. I fully opened my eyes and noticed all of my shades were pulled down. Had to love a vampire with super human speed.

“Thank you,” I sat up and gave him a well-deserved kiss. He kissed me back.

“I have to quickly run home, darling. I need to change.”

I frowned up at him. I still didn’t feel well and wanted him to stay. But I could never be selfish enough to say such a thing. I found a way around it. “Couldn’t I come with you?” I asked him sweetly.

He paused and then kissed my forehead. I snuffled against my sleeve.

“You still have a fever. I think it’d be better if you stayed in bed, Bella.”

“Edward, I feel fine.” I insisted.

“No, just rest. I should be back before you know it.”

I frowned, “Okay.”

Edward sighed. He understood I felt lost everytime he left, even for a moment. And for some dumb reason being sick made me needy.

“You can only come with me if you see Carlisle.”

“That’s unnec—“

“Carlisle or you’re staying. You’re only leaving this house to see a doctor until you’re well.”

I fell back in bed, “I’ll see you in a few minutes.”

Edward leaned over, smiling victoriously and kissed me softly on the lips.

“Eptchoo!” I sneezed just before Edward jumped out the window.

“Bless you, Bella. A few moments.” He sent me another killer smile before he jumped out the window.

I took this opportunity to get some food and stretch my legs. I had been in bed for 24 hours and it was beginning to catch up with me.

I grabbed a tissue on the way out my door and blew my nose until my ears popped as I sluggishly went down the stairs and walked to my kitchen

“Heyashoo! Ha-eshh! Eptchoo!” I unleashed these sneezes without covering my mouth since Edward wasn’t around. I regretted it immediately. I didn’t want Charlie to get sick.

“I’ve had enough with this sneezing.” I grumbled to myself as I snagged some Special K and plopped it on the table. A shiver escaped me that shook my whole body.

I grabbed a bowl and milk and put together my breakfast. I was about to take a spoonful before I sneezed again. This time into the crook of my arm. “Etchoo!”

“Bless you, Bells.”

My spoon flew out of my hand when I saw Jake leaning against my doorframe. I clutched my hand to my heart. “Jesus, Jake. You scared me.”

He gave me a lopsided grin and grabbed another spoon out of the drawer and plopped down into the chair next to me. I could have sworn I heard the wood of my chair crack. Werewolves.

“I gotta say, Bells, you look like death,” he said this in an amusing tone, of course. It was somewhat of a comfort to have someone joking about my illness instead worrying.

I swallowed my spoon-full of cereal. “I’m sick.” It sounded closer to “I’m sigg.”

He nodded. “Yeah, I had a feeling. Could hear you sneezing all the way in La Push.”

I wasn’t sure if he was joking or telling the truth. I continued to eat.

“Shouldn’t the bloodsucker be here taking care of you?” He attempted to make that sound nonchalant and failed miserably.

I held up my index finger as I felt my nose tickle yet again. Jacob waited, knowing what was to come with the scrunching of my face.

“Bless you,” he joked.

“ETCHOO! Ugh!” I blew my nose and answered his question, “Edward is changing. He should be back soon.”

“Great.” Jake muttered. Edward and Jake had a civil, and yet unfriendly relationship.

“So, what’re you up to?” I asked as I continued to eat my breakfast.

Jake shrugged and his smile returned, “Not much. Just wanted to see how you were.”

I smiled in his direction. I felt a bit guilty. Jake was too good for me. He smiled back.

“You want me to pick anything up for you or is the bloodsucker doing that for you?”

I frowned at his subtle hatred but ignored it. He’d never learn. “I’m fine, thank you. I appreciate your company.”

“Hey, no problem, Bells. Anything for you.”

I smiled at him, feeling guilty yet again before my nose ruined the moment. He handed me a tissue, noticing my facial expression again. I nodded before I muffled a sneeze into the tissue. “Hmmph!”

“Bless you again. Jeez how did you catch this, Bells?”

“Got stuck in Forks’s infamous rain.” I grumbled.

Jake nodded understandably. That was how most colds were caught in this area.

I shivered. Jake noticed. “You warm enough?”

Before I could answer, Jake slung his arm around me, his heat radiating off his body. I coughed several times into the crook of my arm. I didn’t exactly feel comfortable getting cozy with Jake. Edward should be getting back soon and he wouldn’t exactly appreciate a werewolf sidling up to his girlfriend. I moved a little in the opposite direction.

“I don’t want you to catch this.” I explained to Jake. It was true.

He nodded and dropped his arm. “Yeah, Edward should be getting back soon.”

“No, Jake—“

“Bella, it’s okay.” He sounded reassuring but I still felt terrible.

I was about to open my mouth to argue but I buried my face in my tissue instead and unleashed an absurd amount of sneezes. “Essh! Essh! Heptchoo! Etchoo! Choo! Ah-achoo!”

“Bless you.” I turned towards the doorway to see Edward leaning against it. His face blank as he held the spoon that flew out of my hand earlier.

Jake turned. He didn’t seem surprised to see Edward. He must have smelled him. My heart still fluttered everytime I saw his beautfiul face. “Hey Edward, how you doing?” Jake said nonchalantly as he stood. It was obvious he was already getting ready to leave.

“Good,” he turned to me and I immediately detected frustration and concern in his eyes. I wasn’t sure if the frustration was for me or Jake. “Why are you out of bed?”

I shrugged from my chair. “I got hungry.” It was valid.

He nodded and looked at Jake. They stared at eachother a few moments before Jake turned to me. “I’m going to head out. Feel better, Bella.” He gave me a tight hug, lifting me off the ground. “Call me if you need anything.” He added for good measure and he was gone.

I shivered a bit by the room temperature. The comparison to Jake’s skin was unbelievable.

Edward stepped forward. “You’re mad.” I said in a smile voice, looking down at the ground. Bad idea. This made my runny nose more noticeable. I sniffled.

He stood in front of me for a moment then lifted my chin. “I’m only mad that you’re not in bed.” It seemed like he meant it. He continued, “You’re shaking, your nose is running, your pulse is racing, and you’re sneezing more. That means bed.”

I nodded and wen’t on my tiptoes to kiss him. He gently kissed me back. He then scooped me up in his arms. He didn’t run to my room, probably knowing my head wouldn’t be able to take it.

“Etchoo!” I sneezed into my hands as he walked me over to my bed.

“Bless you.” He said as he lay me down. I looked up at him as he whipped out a plastic bag filled with medicine. Must be especially from Carlisle.

“These should make you feel much better,” he said as he started opening bottles. I sighed in relief, “Thank you.”

I sat up and leaned my hot forehead against his cool back. He gave me all the pills Carlisle ordered and before I knew it, I groggily fell into a deep sleep, next to the man I loved.

Should I continue?

OH MY GOD YES PLEASE CONTINUE!!! :D

you ahve a really great grasp of the characters...esp. Jake...who i dont normally like as much as Edward, but he was cute in this! Nice work! Thank you so much for keeping hte fantasy alive for me!!! :cryhappy:

Here's some more :o Please comment

“ETCHOO!” after sneezing into my pillow and attempting to even sniffle, I groaned quite vocally. I kept my face in my pillow as Edward rubbed my back.

I had been sneezing about once every five minutes for the past hour and each one just plugged my nose more and more.

“Why don’t you try blowing your nose, Bella?” Edward asked softly. He knew I was miserable and I could tell he was desperately trying to help. He was usually so used to having somewhat of a grasp of the dangers I was in but he couldn’t do anything about the flu. I wheezed out a cough and turned my head to the side so my cheek was against the pillow and I could look at him out of the corner of my eye. His beautiful face was filled with anguish and concern. He must have been so helpless.

“ASHOO!” I wasn’t even bothering holding them back anymore. Edward whipped out a tissue and wiped my nose which must have dripped from my messy sneeze. “ESHOO!”

“Bless you,” he murmured. “Bella I want to take you to Carlisle. Even your father said you should see a doctor. If he didn’t think you were going to start crying, he would have dragged you out to the cruiser.”

“No, Edward. It’s just leaving my system. I should be fine within the day,” I managed to squeak out.

He placed his palm against my cheek and I closed my eyes in contentment to the feel of it.

He frowned, “Your fever is back.”

I just nodded.

Edward was silent a moment and then I heard him sigh and stand up. My eyes flew open. Where was he going?

He was putting on his sneakers and pulling off his extra sweater. He put it on over his clothes so he could wrap his arms around me. I sat up and ignored the slight dizziness. “What are you doing?”

He turned toward me with a blank expression, “I’m going to tell your father I’m taking you to Carlisle.”

“Edward! I’m fine, though! Eh… heh-Choo!”

He leaned over and kissed my forehead. He was about to jump out the window when I said, “Wait!”

He turned back slightly, just to hear what I had to say and then continue out the window anyway. “Can’t you just wait another day?” I practically begged. There was absolutely no reason for a doctor. Edward just wasn’t used to a simple human cold.

He sighed and turned to face me fully. “The only compromise I am going to make is if I could go get Carlisle and bring him here but I know you won’t want that because I would have to leave and you will think that would be an even bigger bother to him.”

Damnit. He knew me too well. I tried to find a way around it. “But your car isn’t here. How are you going to explain your presence to Charlie without leaving to get it?”

“Easy. I won’t tell him. He just left.” Edward smirked as he looked out the window, “I’ll just steal you.”

“Edward,” I whined. This was getting ridiculous. I never whined. I took a look at his face and I could tell there was no budging him in either direction. No matter what happened I was going to see Carlisle.

I sighed and stood up. I wobbled a bit by the head rush and Edward caught my elbow to make sure I didn’t fall over. Indecision masked his face, “Maybe it’s better if you stay here.”

I shrugged out of his grasp and went to my closet to get my jacket and boots. “No. If I’m going to see him, I’m not going to have him come out of his way. Besides, I’ve been inside too long.”

“Are you sure?”

“Eshoo!” I sneezed forefully into my cupped hands as I bent over to pick up my boots out of the closet.

“Bless you, Bella.”

But I wasn’t finished yet. The persistent tickle returned, stronger than ever, “Eshoo! Heh-heh HESHOO! EPTCHOO! *sniff* Essh! Arrishoo!” They were all different but held the same force, bending me at the waist every time, my hair flying in my face. I didn’t even notice Edward at my side rubbing my back again. I stood upright, my hand over my nose and face him.

“Could you—Essh! Could you get me a tissue?”

He nodded and quickly grabbed one from my bed and handed it to me. I nodded my thanks and blew my nose. After I threw the tissue in the trash, Edward wrapped me in his arms, kissing the top of my head. I sniffled against his chest. He spoke into my hair, “I hate seeing you suffer like this. If there was anything I could do to make you better in an instant, I would do it.”

I couldn’t help but smile. Illness wasn’t so bad when you were comforted by the one you love. I felt like I had to reassure him, “I’m going to see Carlisle, even though it is unnecessary and I should be better very soon.” I said this in a congested voice. I was surprised he understood my words.

He kissed my forehead, “I would feel so much better if this fever hadn’t returned. That’s what has me worried.”

I coughed into my fist and sniffled again, “I’ll be okay.”

He nodded and gave me a gentle kiss, “Let’s go.”

I placed my boots on and he cradled me against his chest as he jumped out the window.

I got bored :(

About halfway through the trip, I began to violently shake and I shoved my face into Edward’s chest. Since I was in his arms instead of on his back, I was the one getting hit with wind. Edward noticed this right away and slowed down in the woods. He placed me gently on the ground and gave me a concerned and helpless look as I shook uncontrollably. He kissed me on my forhead and murmured, “Are you sure you can hold on?”

I nodded and sniffled audibly. I didn’t think I was that weak. He gave me another long look and nodded, lifting me onto his back. I felt him clutch even tighter than usual to my legs as I wrapped them around his waist. I squeezed his neck as tight as I could. I probably would have choked anyone else. I buried my face into his neck. It was cold, of course, but it was better than the whipping, harsh wind.

Edward took off and of course I felt a sneeze. I tried to rub my nose on his neck but it was no use. I was going to sneeze no matter what I did. “Etchh!” I sneezed into his neck. He didn’t seem disturbed at all but I felt my cheeks burn with embarassment.

Within the next minute, Edward had slowed and walked up his front steps. He gently placed me on the floor. He re-zipped my jacket all the way up. He took my hand and guided me into his home.

Alice was at the front door, of course, most likely seeing Edward and my arrival before we had even left.

“I just called Carlisle from the hospital. He was just getting off his shift so he should be here soon. Aw, Bella I hope you feel better soon!” She danced over to me and Edward dropped my hand as Alice wrapped her arms around me. I couldn’t help but smile. It was always good to see Alice.

“I will be soon, Alice. No worries.”

She dropped her arms and smiled at me. She whipped out a tissue out of what seemed thin air and handed it to me. “Bless you.”

“ESHOO!” I sneezed harshly into the tissue.

Edward reclaimed my hand, “Come on, Spider Monkey. I want you to lay down until Carlisle gets here.”

I nodded. I was feeling a bit dizzy anyway. Edward must have noticed. He sat on the couch first and took a pillow and placed it on his lap. I lay down and rested my head on the pillow.

Esme appeared in the living room. I never even saw her come in. She knelt on the floor in front of my face and gave my an icy kiss on my forehead, “How are you doing, Bella?”

I could only nod. I was so tired and my throat her too much for me to speak. Esme never took offense. “Are you cold?” she asked softly.

I shook my head. “I feel like I’m burning actually.”

Esme nodded. “Just rest, sweetheart.”

I closed my eyes. I felt Edward absently stroking my cheek and hair. His fingers felt great against my warm skin. He wasn’t saying much. He must have been more worried than I thought. I felt terrible. I hated making him anxious. I rolled over so my nose was pressed against his chest and he readjusted so his left hand was stroking my side and his right was pushing his fingers through my hair. It felt great. Soothing.

I must have dozed off because before I knew it, Edward was kissing me on the cheek to rouse me. “Bella, Carlisle is here,” He whispered in my ear.

I nodded and groggily rolled over so I was facing Carlisle, now sitting where Esme was sitting before. He definitely just came from the hospital because he was still Dr. Carlisle, white jacket and all.

“Hello, Bella. I’m sorry you’re not feeling well.”

I couldn’t ask for a more loving family but this concern was getting ridiculous. I should be fine before any of them knew it. I cleared my throat, “I’m sorry to be a bother Carlisle.” I managed to croak out.

I heard Edward sigh above me and Carlisle only gave me a patient smile, “You are no bother, Bella. Now, why don’t you sit up so I can check you out?”

I nodded and Edward helped me sit up. Carlisle gave me a thorough exam, save for a few pauses because of my persistant sneezes. Both Edward and Carlisle showed endless patience, blessing me everytime.

“Okay Bella, you seem to be in the middle of the flu. Luckily, it isn’t stomach related. If it were, you would going through a far worse time than you are now. Just keep doing what you’re doing: Resting, drinking lots of liquids, the usual.You should be better in no time.”

I nodded. That’s what I expected. Edward overreacted yet again.

“And her returning fever?” Edward asked. He didn’t sound as worried as before but there was still a hint of concern in his voice.

“ It’s common, Edward. It may even go away and return yet again. It’s expected. Just make sure she doesn’t get out of bed.”

Edward nodded and he glanced at me. I was busy fighting off another sneeze. He must have noticed my pre-sneeze expression and he handed me a tissue with his amused crooked smile. “Essh! Esshoo! ESHOO!”

I groaned and placed my head on Edward’s shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead murmuring a bless you.

“Charlie isn’t going to be home until tonight. How about you just rest on my couch upstairs until we have to leave again?” Edward asked softly. I nodded and he scooped me in his arms and, at human speed, took me to his room.

Okay here's another part. :eek: Comment comment comment

I woke with a start. There was darkness everywhere. I looked over my shoulder and gazed through the windows, into the black and purple sky. There wasn’t a moon in site. I rolled back and shoved my face into the back of Edward’s black and leather couch. I could feel my fever had gone away but I still felt unhealthily groggy and weak. Not to mention the fact that I still couldn’t breathe out of my nose.

I clutched Edward’s gold throw tighter around my body as a shiver escaped down my spine. I groaned because the pounding in my head had not gone away either. The groan led me into a coughing attack.

In the midst of the attack, I felt the gentle, silent slope of the couch as Edward took a seat, right next to my hip. He comfortingly rubbed my back.

Once my coughing died down, I kept my eyes shut. I didn’t have enough energy to open them. Edward remained on the edge of the couch. I could feel his eyes on me.

Before I knew it, Edward had kneeled onto the floor by my back and wrapped his arms around me. He pressed his face in my neck, kissing every inch of it. Sometimes I forgot he was a vampire, he was so gentle with me.

“You don’t have a fever anymore,” he whispered in my ear.

I nodded, still keeping my eyes closed. I felt a tickle in the back of my nose. I rubbed it against the back of the couch but the leather scent triggered my sneeze. My breathing hitched as I cupped my hands over my nose and let it out, “Choo!” It was a bit more subdued and feminie compared to my other sneezes which was good because it wasn’t as gross and it didn’t hurt my head from the force.

He kissed my cheek and murmured a ‘bless you.’

I couldn’t keep my eyes closed anymore. I need to see his beautiful face. I rolled over so I was facing him and pushed myself against the back of the couch, making room for him. He immediately complied and crawled onto the couch with me, securely wrapping his arms around me. I noticed he was wearing an extra hooded sweater again, to make sure he didn’t make me any more cold.

I finally opened my eyes and looked up at him. His face was intense as he stared into my eyes and stroked my cheek.

“Edward, I don’t feel well,” I said softly. My voice was so raspy it didn’t even sound like my own.

Edward brought my lips to his and spoke against them, “I know, love. You’ll be better soon. Very soon.”

I pressed my lips more forcefully into his. I kissed for as long as I could hold my breath. Edward must have really known I wasn’t feeling well at that moment because I never broke our kisses apart. It was always his job.

He wrapped me tighter in his arms and slithered our bodies down so he could fit comfortably on the couch. He obviously wasn’t going anywhere for awhile. I smiled. Before my face drooped.

“Echh! Eshoo!” I grumbled. My sneezing wouldn’t let up.

“Bless you, Bella. Now sleep. You’ve gone through the worst of it.”

My eyes popped open and I sat up straight. I ignored my pounding head. Edward sat up too, concern and worry in his eyes due to my tense stature. “What’s wrong?”

I turned to him, “Charlie?”

He gave me his crooked smile and rubbed my arms, massaging them slightly, “Carlisle already called him. Said you fell asleep here after he examined you and asked if it was okay if you stayed the night.”

I nodded and sneezed forcefully into my sleeve, “Essh! Ow.”

“C’mon, sweetheart. Go back to sleep. From here on out, everytime you wake up you’ll feel even better than before.”

I nodded and rested my head on the fluffy pillow, worming myself back into his arms.

I slowly opened my eyes to muffled noises. Once my eyes were adjusted to the darkness I noticed Edward’s face pressed into the pillow we were sharing. I was a bit groggy and couldn’t tell what he was doing but every 20 seconds his body would jerk and he muffled some noise into the pillow. His arms were still secured around me so I couln’t sit up. He must have really been preoccupied with whatever it was that he was doing because he didn’t noticed my breathing pattern change.

I patted his arm, “Edward?”

He jerked again and made that noise. Now I was getting worried. “Edward? What is it?”

I tried to sit up and after some force, he allowed me. He finally then lifted his face and he sniffled. All he could see was my bewildered, confused face.

He opened his mouth to say something before he quickly lifted his arm and sneezed loudly into the crook of his arm, “ETCHOO!”

He sneezed? I was at a loss of words, “Edward? What..?”

“I didn’t want to wake you,” He sniffled again. “It seems that I am sick, Bella.”

My confused expression remained on my face, “But…how? Is that common?”

He chuckled roughly, “In a way. Vampires have gotten sick before but not many. Not many spend time with humans as much as I do. Especially if that said human has been ill.”

My confused face hadn’t changed so he continued, “Our immune system is much, much stronger than humans but germs sometimes can find a way in.”

I finally found my voice once he started to rub his nose with the back of his hand, “You’re saying I got you sick?”

He paused and nodded reluctantly, “I think so, Bella. We don’t just sneeze for anything, even if something gets in our nose. We only sneeze because of illness. And unfortunately, we do it often because our immune system is trying to push it out more forcefully than a human’s.”

“Is it something to worry about?” I asked, a bit worried.

“No, love. It will be out of my system very quickly.” He wrapped his arms around me around and a snuggled into his arms again. I felt his forehead, curious.

He chuckled at my act. “I may be a little warmer but nothing you will notice, Bella. I’m still far more cold than you.”

Suddenly, he reached behind him and grabbed a tissue. I was about to take it from him, thinking he was handing it to me but then I noticed his facial expression. He was going to sneeze again.

“ESHOO!” He had a very loud sneeze but nothing to startle me. “Excuse me,” he said and smiled in my direction.

“Bless you, Edward.” I was still in awe. “Edward, I’m sorry. If I had known I could get you sick I wouldn’t have let you near me.”

He shook his head and kissed my cheek and whispered, “The Volturi couldn’t have kept me away.”

It seems I would rather write than study for an exam :P

Comment fellow members! I'm proud of this one :)

I couldn’t help but smile. He would never stop with the romantic comments and I honestly had no complaints. He cleared his throat, “How are you feeling?”

“Still kind of achy and weak. My nose is still a little tingly, too. But other than that 100 percent.”

He nodded. “Good. Just rest for the day and you should be fine tomorrow.”

I couldn’t help but notice his voice was raspy. His voice was still beautiful to my ears, it was just a little off. I frowned. My protective instincts were kicking in. For Edward. Never thought that’d happen.

I stroked his bronze hair out of his eyes. He smiled and leaned forward to kiss me but when he was an inch from my lips, his breathing hitched. I only had one moment to scan his face. His eyelids were fluttering and his mouth hung open. He immediately turned and sneezed into the crook of his arm, “ESHOO!” he remained there, his nose buried in his arm, his eyes closed, before he took another deep breath and erupted another sneeze, “HEPTCHOO!” He sniffled and turned back to me. “Forgive me,” he murmured.

I shook my head at him, “Don’t do that,” I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck and comfortingly stroked his hair.

He sniffled, “Do what? Does my sneezing bother you?” He sounded a bit worried.

I couldn’t help but giggle at his idiocy. “No, silly. I don’t want you to apologize everytime you sneeze. Bless you, by the way.”

He relaxed and tightened his arms. He sniffled again, “Oh,” he paused “Sorry,” he said with a grin.

I whispered a laugh and continued to stroke my fingers through his hair. He must have hunted while I was asleep because there were no purple circles under his eyes and his eyes were an exuberant gold. He looked the same except for the tiny red tints around his nose and his eyes were a little more glassy than usual. He sniffled again.

I was so curious. Never in a million years did I expect Edward, my Edward Cullen, would end up sick. “So, how do you feel?”

He paused, collecting his thoughts, “Strange, “ was it just me or did he sound congested? “I feel like anything could set off my nose, it’s so…tickly. And my sense of smell is a bit subdued because it is stuffy which is somewhat annoying. I can’t believe I am going to say this but I feel tired too. I haven’t felt tired in a century,” he finished with a chuckle.

“When was the last time you sneezed?”

“Bella, I don’t even remember. It’s so odd going through all of this again. I don’t have memories of being sick but it all subconciously feels familiar. “

“Poor baby,” I crooned. I have never said those words in my life but they managed to slip out. He gave me a crooked smile so he didn’t seem to mine. I leaned in and gave him a gentle kiss. My nose gently bumped into his. I felt his nose twitch and he moved away to sneeze a “HESHOO! ESHOO!”

I frowned and was about to bless him when the tickle caught up with me too. I sneezed a delicate “Eptchoo!” in comparison to his forceful sneeze.

“Bless you,” we said at the same time. He smiled and I would have too if I wasn’t still surprised by the fact that he was sick. It was all still odd to me.

“I guess we need to be more careful when it comes to kissing,” he joked. I cracked a smile at that.

He noticed I was a bit quiet, “You okay?”

“I’m fine. I’m worried about you.”

He shook his head and tightened his arms around me, “My Bella, there is nothing to worry about. I promise.”

“Have you ever known a vampire that was sick?” I mumbled against his chest.

“No, I have not. But Carlisle has done research and he has discovered a mere handful of vampires who have fallen ill with human sicknesses. They have all gotten well within three days.”

“When did you ask Carlisle?”

He paused, almost as if he didn’t want to tell me. “Yesterday,” he said.

I shook my head, “So you knew all along that you could have gotten sick.”

I heard a smile in his voice, “I had an inkling, yes.”

“Were you already starting to feel sick yesterday?”

He paused again and stroked my hair before he responded, “I was feeling a bit off, yes.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I demanded.

“I didn’t want you to worry if it was just my mind getting carried away. You needed to rest.”

I sighed angrily, “You have a problem when I don’t tell you things like that.” I accused.

He waited a moment before responding. He nodded and said softly, “You’re right. Next time I will tell you.”

I was about to argue about the “next time” but I was too tired to argue so I just changed the subject, “Three days?”

“Roughly.”

I scoffed jokingly, “It took me a week.”

“ Ah yes, but my immune system is stronger than yours.”

“Everything about you is stronger than me.”

He paused and I quickly heard him take in two breaths and let out an “ESHOO!” in his hand

“Including your sneeze.”

He chuckled, sniffled, and kissed the top of my head.

He was sniffling a lot. I shifted my body upwards, ignoring the dull throbbing of my head, and snagged a tissue. I slid back into his waiting arms. “Here you go,” I said with a smile.

He returned with his amusing smirk. He accepted the tissue and blew his nose. Another image I never thought I’d see. He was about to throw it away in the trash can next to him on the floor when he flung it to his face and sneezed harshly “ASHOO! Ugh.” I felt a twinge of protectiveness again. I wanted to care for him like he had cared for me time and time again. He deserved it. I had no clue how he’d react to it. I snagged his tissue and dropped it into the garbage before I kissed each of his cheekbones softly. My eyes were beginning to sting. I wanted sleep but I didn’t want him to care for himself either.

Edward closed his eyes at the feel of my kiss on his face. I noticed a hint of a smile. He looked content other than the sudden sniffle here and there. I continued my kisses, kissing his eyelids, his forehead, his chin. I avoided his nose, not wanting to disturb it. It didn’t matter, his nose twitched anyway. He pulled away with a frustrated sigh. I heard him mutter something about “bad timing” before he let out an “ESHOO!” into his sleeve.

“Bless you. Was that my fault? I tried my best to avoid your nose.”

He gently kissed my lips, avoiding another nose bump, “Don’t worry about.”

I frowned, “What was it?”

“A combination between your breath and when you kissed my eyelids.”

I frowned again, “Wow, you’re that sensitive?”

He ran his fingers through my hair, “Seems that way. Like I said before, I’m probably going to be sneezing a lot since my immune system pushes it out much quicker.”

I nodded. I snuggled into his arms and rested my cheek on the pillow we were still sharing. He did the same. He noticed my eyes drooping and I tried to stifle a yawm. He smiled, “Sleep. You’re still sick too, Bella.”

I sighed and murmured an, “I’m fine” that would have been incomprehensible to a human because it was clouded so thickly with sleep.

He ignored me and began to hum my lullaby. I fell asleep only a moment after he stopped singing, himself.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I stretched in Edward’s arms without opening my eyes. I couldn’t believe how much better I felt. He was right. Everytime I wake up, I am going to feel better. I smiled. I looked up, ready to inform Edward when my eyes widened. His eyes were closed, his mouth hanging open slightly. He was breathing, not that that made much of a difference since he didn’t need to breathe but it showed he was still “alive.”

Edward was sleeping? He was actually sleeping? This day was getting weirder and weirder.

I stared at his relaxed face and was momentarily distracted by the beauty of it. He was always startling handsome but this was different. He was relaxed, his mind wasn’t reeling, there was no stress on his face. Even through my concern, a smile appeared. He looked so peaceful. I didn’t want to disturb him.

Unfortunately, my nose felt otherwise. I clamped my hands over my nose and mouth to subside the incoming sneeze so I didn’t wake Edward. I succeeded for a solid minute before the sneeze was too much to handle. I let it out, trying to stifle it. It was too strong so it just sounded like a harsh, awkward sneeze. “Ach-ssh!”

Of course, this jolted Edward awake. He blinked a few times. His expression was confused. I felt so terrible. He looked so bewildered and put off he couldn’t even find words. I tried to help him out.

“Edward, you were sleeping,” I said.

His gaze narrowed as I said that. “I was…sleeping?”

I could only nod. His voice sounded so congested.

He pulled himself together a bit. “I felt tired earlier but I had no idea it’d be tired enough to lead me to a slumber.”

Suddenly his breath hitched and he muffled a sneeze into his sweatshirt sleeve, “HESHOO!”

I touched his cheek, his face still buried in his sleeve. His eyes fluttered again and his breath hitched. I waited for the next to sneeze to come, and he did the same. After a moment, he took a deep breath and then relaxed. He dropped his hand and wound it around my waist. “Guess it didn’t want to come out.”

“Bless you,” I told him kissing his chin.

“Thank you,” he responded with a sniffle.

“Are you still…tired?” I asked, curious beyond belief.

He gathered his thoughts before responding, “I think so.”

“Go back to sleep, Edward,” I murmured as I kissed his shoulder.

We made eye contact and I noticed realization spread across his face, “I dreamed.”

I felt my eyes pop out of my skull, “You what?” I practically whispered.

“I dreamed about you, Bella,” there was wonder in his voice, as if he couldn’t believe it himself.

My jaw was dropped. I closed it. “You did?” I squeaked.

He nodded and smiled, “I guess being sick isn’t so bad after all.”

I couldn’t help but smile before I saw that a sneeze was creeping up on him. He raised his hand to his face and let out a wet, “HESHOO!”

Once he dropped his hand I placed a tissue over his nose. “Blow,” I said.

He quirked his eyebrow at me and I could have sworn I heard him breathe a chuckle. He took a deep breath and I thought he was going to blow his nose but instead he let out a large, “ARSHOO!” startling me a bit. He sniffled and muttered an “Excuse me,” before he blew his nose.

He took the tissue away from me and threw it away himself. He sighed, “Now I understand why you were so embarrassed when you were sick.”

I studied his face. He did look embarassed. I had to admit it was adorable. I kissed his cheek with as much force as I could muster, knowing it wouldn’t hurt him.

“And now I understand why there is no reason to be embarassed,” I told him.

He smiled at me and cupped my face, kissing my lips forcefully and quickly. He didn’t seem to care if it caused us to sneeze and I didn’t either.

Thought I'd send this in since I should be out and about all weekend. Enjoy!

Archived