Sneeze Fetish Forum

Worst flower for allergies?

The Mute Poet

Alright everyone, something I was wondering tonight... Is there a one specific flower that's head and shoulders above the rest as an allergen? Yes, yes, we all know about ragweed, but I was thinking more along the lines of anything that would be bouquet-worthy...

So I was wondering (for those of us with pollen allergies) if there was a single specific flower that's ever set anyone off before, or if anyone has witnissed any such event.

Lmao, is there that one, ulitmate, sure-fire Valentine's Day gift flower? :(

For me I would definitely say that it is Lilies... doesn't elicit that many sneezes but the cloying odour tends to easily trigger asthma attacks.

In general though, wild flowers are the most allergenic as they have the most pollen...

Wouldn't recommend lilies unless you knew the other person's allergies weren't too severe...as krazykat said, they trigger asthma attacks. One of my friends ended up in hospital with a collapsed lung because of lilies x_x

Almond, cherry, orange, or any other kind of tree blossom are meant to be highly allergenic. Unfortunately (for us :() the classic rose is meant to be good for allergy sufferers, because the pollen is too large and heavy to become effectively airborne.

Almond, cherry, orange, or any other kind of tree blossom are meant to be highly allergenic. Unfortunately (for us :() the classic rose is meant to be good for allergy sufferers, because the pollen is too large and heavy to become effectively airborne.

Oh how i'd forgotten about tree blossoms...

I am allergic to hawthorn and cherry blossoms, and there is a tree that flowers in our back court in spring and I have no idea what type of tree it is, but the reaction that I have to that is pretty spectacular.

Usually any sweet smelling flower can be a sneeze-provoking irritant, even if the person isn't truly allergic to it. For me it's lilacs, hyacinths (those are killer and they give me a headache, too), and flowering crab apple blossoms. I suppose if I lived in a more tropical climate jasmine would do it, too, but I'm only guessing at that based on some bath gel I used to have.

Lilacs :) I have fond memories of lilac time :drool:

Oh.... and whatever grows in Wisconsin... :blushing:

OH MY GOD I TOTALLY SECOND THE WISCONSIN THING!!! My bf who rarely sneezes around me had a fit of 6 when we were driving through there and 2 more the next day!!!! LOVED IT WANNA MOVE TTHEREEE!

Thank you for confirming! "-D

Lilacs :drool: I have fond memories of lilac time :rolleyes:

Oh.... and whatever grows in Wisconsin... :D

OH MY GOD I TOTALLY SECOND THE WISCONSIN THING!!! My bf who rarely sneezes around me had a fit of 6 when we were driving through there and 2 more the next day!!!! LOVED IT WANNA MOVE TTHEREEE!

Yeah... mine had a fit of about 6 HOURS when we were leaving Wisconsin :) (slight exaggeration.... it was only 2-3 hours)

To this day I am amazed that I managed to stay on the road :innocent:

It seems as though there are a lot of folks out there with lilac allergies; I second all of their thoughts.

I am horribly, HORRIBLY allergic to lilacs, and they're the only flower that makes me sneeze.

Gardenias ^

Those work well for me- a good tip- put them in your car especially if you're picking up your SO or something.

Lilacs :cheers: I have fond memories of lilac time :santa:

Oh.... and whatever grows in Wisconsin... :group:

Yeah... mine had a fit of about 6 HOURS when we were leaving Wisconsin :blushing: (slight exaggeration.... it was only 2-3 hours)

To this day I am amazed that I managed to stay on the road :innocent:

me too...cause it was during a time where he hadnt sneezed or induced in like 3 months....so.....damn i almost exploded when he had a fit!

ahhhhh

Unfortunately (for us :gap:) the classic rose is meant to be good for allergy sufferers, because the pollen is too large and heavy to become effectively airborne.
Unfortunately (for us :gap:) the classic rose is meant to be good for allergy sufferers, because the pollen is too large and heavy to become effectively airborne.

Unless, of course, you stick your nose right in the rose; then all bets may be off.

Unless, of course, you stick your nose right in the rose; then all bets may be off.

There ya go, MP; thrust your bouquet into your girlfriend's face. Hey presto!! Let the sneezing begin... :laugh:

There ya go, MP; thrust your bouquet into your girlfriend's face. Hey presto!! Let the sneezing begin... :laugh:

Or, perhaps more diplomatically: "Honey, I can't tell whether these roses have any scent or not -- can you smell them and tell me what you think?" :)

XD...or, pretend to nearly trip, wave your arms wildly and shake them right over her nose.

Oooh sneaky...

OK this thread has really upset me ... I have gone away to research ragweed and according to my reading (PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I AM WRONG!) Ragweed is very rare in England.

What can be done about this? Can we set up some kind of seed-importing business and a covert program of spreading Ragweed all over the UK? Please?

OK this thread has really upset me ... I have gone away to research ragweed and according to my reading (PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I AM WRONG!) Ragweed is very rare in England.

What can be done about this? Can we set up some kind of seed-importing business and a covert program of spreading Ragweed all over the UK? Please?

You know that's illegal, right? ;)

You know that's illegal, right? :D

Ohhh .. I guess it might be. ;) ... one of my less good ideas then huh?

Brilliant idea :) But I'm afraid the jail time *might* not be worth it.

Archived