Sneeze Fetish Forum

Worst flower for allergies?

The Mute Poet

Brilliant idea ;) But I'm afraid the jail time *might* not be worth it.

That would depend on how many of the inmates and jailors have hayfever... :D

Come to think of it...hmm...PASS ME THOSE RAGWEED SEEDS! I'm off to the UK to get caught at customs... ;)

Come to think of it...hmm...PASS ME THOSE RAGWEED SEEDS! I'm off to the UK to get caught at customs... :P

We don't need ragweed... rapeseed is bad enough when it is flowering... I hate that stuff!

I don't have allergies and I prefer cold sneezes over allergy but the idea of being responsible for causing people all over the UK to have allergic fits is DEFINITELY appealing...:P

Guest ilovesneezinglol

Haha, Jail time might be nice.. :twisted:

But whats the best type of flower to give some one a sneezing fit in New Zealand? ON the North Island

Hm. Discovered today that I am definitely sensitive to the scent of lavender. I guess I never discovered it before because I think lavender smells terrible and avoid it whenever possible LOL but this cuticle stuff I've been using has lavender oil in it, and I scratched the area just under my nose this morning after putting it on... gah.

Hm. Discovered today that I am definitely sensitive to the scent of lavender. I guess I never discovered it before because I think lavender smells terrible and avoid it whenever possible LOL but this cuticle stuff I've been using has lavender oil in it, and I scratched the area just under my nose this morning after putting it on... gah.

I totally agree with you. Once I had this body lotion that was lavender and musk. . . . ugh.

I think I read somewhere that it's the center part of the lilly that people are most allergic to (I think it is orangish?) and that many florists will cut that part out for that reason and just leave the white part... the center part is what spreads the pollen... so when you're getting lillies, ensure that they are fully intact, as nature intended... :)

Regarding the ragweed... I have often wished they would bottle it and sell it! Essence de Ragweed... perfume? Surely that could be imported to England and elsewhere where supplies are low? :D

My sister-in-law's mother brought her a bouquet of tiger lilies while she was in the hospital, and they still had the stamens, pollen intact. I discovered this when my brother accidentally brushed up against them and ended up with red powder all over his back..... and then the inevitable *sigh*

Haha, Jail time might be nice.. :)

But whats the best type of flower to give some one a sneezing fit in New Zealand? ON the North Island

Are you from NZ too? And the North Island? SWEET!! *waves* And welcome to the forum :)

Apparently here the introduced plants are the most allergenic, especially English Plantain...though it's not very pretty. If you find a pretty, highly allergenic flower, let me know, I shall start a garden of it...we can pollute the North Island with its pollen together :D

Lilacs :D I have fond memories of lilac time :drool:

Oh.... and whatever grows in Wisconsin... :omg:

Hmmm..... carnations maybe?

Carnations in Wisconsin? Only in corsages and flower arrangements! :laugh:

I don't think she particularly meant wisconsin, Trillium :angry:

Scent has a habit of simply quoting the last post in a topic instead of replying directly to the topic. The staff try to go through and remove the extraneous quotes whenever possible, but you beat us to it this time ;)

Shame that lavender gives you trouble, it's one of my favorite herbs and scents.

As I mentioned in one of my obs, lilacs occasionally set me off, and I have no confirmed allergies (not counting the contact dermatitis I get from cheap metal jewelry and belts). I think that has more to do with the strength of their scent than anything else.

I would have to voice in with lilacs as being the most sneeze producing flower/scent for me too. Just a slight whiff of the flowers sets me off for quite some time with a bout of big and uncontrollable sneezing fits.

I don't think she particularly meant wisconsin, Trillium :gora:

Scent has a habit of simply quoting the last post in a topic instead of replying directly to the topic. The staff try to go through and remove the extraneous quotes whenever possible, but you beat us to it this time :wub:

Oh - duh! ;) I'm a dork! :thumbup::laugh:

Archived