Sneeze Fetish Forum

Robin Hood BBC series - (6 Parts)

crazy_cat_girl

Holy goodness! I recently discovered this series at the local library and devoured it up! With all the beautiful boys running around Sherwood, I found most drawn to the self-sacrifice and devotion of Much, Robin's manservant. I find their friendship to be one of my favorite parts of the series. Much is always, always fretting and taking care of Robin...a perfect chance to throw some contagion around and I couldn't resist. :)

If you aren't familiar with this particular show, here is a link to their site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/robinhood/

And here is the first part of my story:

Djaq woke just as dawn's slow glow began to enter the cave. She rolled out of her bunk quietly, with a wiry fighter's grace.

As was her ritual of the last week, she crept over to check on Robin before she went about her morning task of finding fire-wood. He had been recovering from a fairly bad head cold, and Djaq had her leader's health at heart.

As she came closer, she saw Much sitting by his master's bunk on the cave floor.

This was not unusual as Much was inseparable from Robin in most ordinary circumstances, and every morning this week Djaq had found him sitting there, dozing.

His own blanket was added to the pile on top of his master.

This morning, however, Djaq could see his shoulders moving in the cold morning light. At first, she thought he might be crying.

"Much?" She asked, quietly.

When she came along side him, she realized that he was sneezing. His fingers were clamped around his nose and he sneezed silently, violently lurching forward. When he finished, he blinked weary blue eyes up at her.

She could see that he was paler than usual, with rose blooming high on his cheeks.

"You, too," she said, and brushed the back of her wrist against his forehead.

He backed away from her touch with a scoff, but she felt the low warmth beneath his skin.

"This is what you get for not sleeping," Djaq said with an unapologetic sigh. "Now, you are sick."

"I am not," he said, "I...heh..."

He grabbed his nose and squelched the sneeze.

"Come on," Djaq grabbed one of his arms and pulled him to his feet. He stumbled, tired. "You need sleep."

"But, the master...How is he?" Much stubbornly stood his ground and waited till Djaq touched Robin's brow to check his fever.

"He's cooler," she said.

She watched Much's shoulders relax and for not the first time, marveled at his devotion to Robin. He allowed her to led him to his bed.

I'll just close my eyes for minute, he thought, just for a....

******************************************************************************************

Not a lot of sneezing in this part...but more of it to come...and of course, some angst and love and friendship! We Are Robin Hood! ;)

Thank you, Cerulean Flower and littlesneezer18! I really appreciate your comments! Since it is Valentine's Day and I am so in love with this series, I believe that I will post the next part. And maybe a little more. Happy V-day, everyone. :D

Much woke to the bright mid-day light and the gang about their business. Their voices and laughter drew him out an unpleasant dream and he was grateful for a moment.

But he found that his face was throbbing beneath the skin, that it was difficult to breath through his nose and there was a slight ache at the back of his throat.

You're sick, Djaq had said, and he knew her to be right.

But that didn't mean that he could shirk his duties.

After all, Robin had suffered for a week with little complaint.

Robin!

Much rolled over and looked for the familiar figure of his master and frowned when he could not find him within the cave.

"Master?" he called, surprised by the croak of sleep in his voice.

Little John looked up and gave Much a grin.

"Well, look whose finally awake!" He crowed, "I never thought I would see the day that Much would sleep through breakfast!"

Much rubbed his eyes and his forehead creased as his annoyance grew.

"Where is Robin?"

"He's feeling better," Will answered him, not looking up from his whittling, "He went out hunting for the evening meal."

Much frowned when he caught sight of his master's long grey cloak, discarded among Robin's scattering of belongings.

"He'll freeze out there," Much muttered. "He never takes care of himself."

The former servant staggered out of bed, and sat down to draw on his boots.

"Where are you going?" Djaq fixed him seriously with her dark eyes.

"To bring Robin his cloak," he replied, and gave her a pleading look, "I promise I will come right back afterward. I won't be out long."

"See that you aren't," Djaq responded.

Much sighed, putting on his jacket. Djaq was the only one who saw him turn and erupt into another completely stifled sneeze.

Gathering his composure, he snatched up Robin's hooded cape and started out into the cold winter afternoon.

******************************************************************************************

Robin gave a small smile as he drew back his arrow.

In his aim, a buck stood grazing.

It was the first he had seen in quite some time and his heart swelled at the idea of giving the villagers venison instead of thin rabbit, or skinny fish. He held the arrow between his fingers, took a deep breath and--

"Master!"

Much's voice rang out. Robin loosed the shot, but the deer had been startled by the unexpected sound and the arrow succeeded in burying itself in the tree behind the creature.

The buck sprinted off with only a rustle of tree limbs in it's wake.

Robin felt his temper flash like Greek fire in his chest and he whirled on Much as soon as the servant stumbled into plain view.

"Much!" Robin gave a cry of frustration and Much stopped short, startled by the anger glinting in his master's eyes.

"Do you have any idea what you just cost me? It took me two hours to track that buck! We haven't seen one that size in the last month! "

Much scrubbed the back of his neck, unsure. "Sorry," he said.

Robin clenched his fists.

"You should be. Because what we will feed ourselves or the villagers now, Much? In fact," Robin took off his bow and quiver and thrust them into Much's hands, "I think you should see to it that we have something fresh for dinner. Don't come back until you've shot some game."

Robin stalked off in the direction of camp and for once Much was speechless.

Hurt, he gazed down at the bow. Robin knew that Much was not nearly as good a marksman...his own talent lay in the sword, and surely with the scarcity of woodland creatures it would take hours to find something of substance.

As if reading his thoughts, the sky began to drop delicate snow-flakes and the wind shivered the pine behind him.

Sighing, Much took the bundled cloak he was going to offer his master and wrapped it around his own shoulders.

Unable to resist the irony, Much strapped the quiver on and said aloud,

"We are Robin Hood...or at least, we are dressed like him."

Not a lot of sneezing in this part, either, I realized. I am sorry. It's coming up quickly. In the next part, for sure... :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D:):boom::D

Thank you, Cerulean Flower, SexyGirl1012 and Coral! I am so happy that people are enjoying my story. Much angst is just so much fun to write!~ It's about time that Much gets some quality care from the others, especially that Robin! It makes me so mad that he gets over-looked so often in the series. Anyway, less me ramblings and more story!

Part 3!!!!!

The snow was coming down harder as Djaq returned from her errand running in town. She entered the cave with a head covered in downy flakes and Will chuckled as she shook her short hair to remove the snow.

"And what are you laughing at?" She demanded, giving him a smile and she carried her packs over to the fire.

Robin was seated moodily there, staring into the flames.

"Where's dinner?" Djaq asked.

Then, realizing lack of dinner meant a lack of a certain someone who made the dinner, she asked, "Where's Much?"

"He's hunting for dinner," Robin said, stony.

Will sighed, "And that will probably take all day, knowing Much."

"He's out in this?" Djaq looked at where the snow was blowing in around the entrance of the cave. "He told me he was going to come right back!"

"Right back?" Robin stormy expression softened with confusion.

"He was worried that you would be cold. He was bringing you your hood. I told him to return immediately. I assumed that he would," Djaq rolled her eyes at her own mistake, "so I left for town soon after. I didn't realize he would spend the entire day out there or I never would have let him leave."

"Why?" Robin's eyes fixed on hers over the fire.

Djaq looked at him as though he were as simple as a stick.

"Because he's sick."

Robin's eyes widened and he rubbed his hands through his hair.

"He hasn't slept since you took ill, Robin, it's not surprising that he was the first to catch it from you." Djaq continued, unaware that the more she spoke, the more Robin squirmed.

"Damn," Robin got to his feet. "I have to go find him. I--"

But at the moment, a coughing figure emerged from the snow-fall outside.

Much threw back the hood of his master's cloak and the others could clearly see that his face was pale and his eyes were half-closed from exhaustion.

"Much," Robin began, but Much waved him into silence.

"Master, this was all I could manage," Much said and his hoarse voice earned him a chorus of quiet gazes.

He held out a pair of dead hares, and let them drop on the floor before the fire. Shuddering with cold, he gently took off the quiver and handed it to his master.

Robin looked as though he wanted to say something, but Much inhaled sharply and turned his face away.

"HA-ISSHUU!"

A cloud of white mist erupted around Much's fist and he impatiently scrubbed his sleeve beneath his nose in such a way that indicated that he was getting annoyed with the problem.

"Bless you," Robin said, quietly and Much blinked at him.

"I am sorry about earlier, Master," Much said, "I see now how difficult it can be to find game in the snow. I shall be careful next time I...I..."

Much turned aside again, his breath hitching, " heh...HA-ISSHUU! ISHHUU! ISHH!" Each sneeze landed wetly in Much's hands and they stole his breath.

Robin winced at the harsh sound.

Djaq stood and put her hands on her hips.

"I thought you said you were going to come right back!"

Much's eyes flickered to Robin's face then back to Djaq.

She sighed, "I guess it doesn't matter now anyway."

Crossing the cave floor, she reached up to place a hand on Much's forehead and once again tried to evade her. She hissed with displeasure when his skin felt terribly hot to the touch.

"Burning up," she announced to the others, much to Much's embarrassment. He ducked his head.

"It's not that bad..." He said, and tried on a weak smile.

"Come, sit by the fire, dry your clothes," Djaq forced him to sit down and his blue eyes wandered up to Robin's green ones across the flames. Then Much started to cough again.

"John, will dress these rabbits for dinner?" Robin asked, and he got up and walked away.

Much looked after him, miserable. He opened his mouth and then closed it, looking down at the floor instead.

Djaq noticed his sadness and sat down beside him deliberately, ruffling through her packs.

"I found something for you, at the apothecary," she said, and he gave her a distracted murmur in response. "It should help with the coughing and soothe your throat."

Pulling out a small brown bottle, she popped out the small bit of cork and instructed Much to take a sip. The liquid tasted foul, but it did cool the soreness in his throat.

"Tastes terrible," he said, wrinkling his nose. The action made his sore nostrils twitch and he immediately bucked forward with another sneeze, covering his face with both hands.

"HA-ISSSH!"

He looked at Djaq sheepishly, using his sleeve to scrub his nose again. "I don't suppose you have anything for this infernal sneezing in that pack of yours?"

Djaq smiled and shook her head.

"But," she said, "I do have this."

From her bag, she pulled out a clean, white handkerchief and revealed it to him with a flourish. Much made a sound of joy, as though Djaq had just offered him an entire roast turkey instead of just a piece of cloth.

"I think I may love you," he said.

"Ugh," Djaq answered, "Don't ever say that again."

Much blew his nose with the pleasure of someone who had spent hours wiping their runny nose on every available piece of clothing.

"That's so much better," he told her, "thank you."

"You're very welcome," Djaq said and she lifted her pack, "Just try and get warm."

"I'll try...heh...HA-ISSHH! ISHH! ISHHUU!" Much stifled the sneezes in the cloth and groaned aloud. The sneezes were growing in intensity and he could barely breathe in between. His head felt stuffed completely with soggy cotton and his ears popped uncomfortably.

"Bless you," Little John offered.

Much's gaze sought Robin and saw the younger man sitting on the edge of his bunk, fletching arrows. He was not looking up from the work at all. Much swallowed hard.

"Thank you," he murmured in response to Little John and turned back to the fire.

I didn't know the show until now (thanks for the link ^^) but I like your story and the way you are describing the unspoken conflict between the two men!

Would love to read some more! :)

So when I first saw this, I was like "YAY!!! RH BBC FIC!!!"

Then I saw it was Much, and I was like "Aw, what a waste of a RH BBC Fic"

Nevermind. Not a waste at all. I never would have thought I'd like a Much fic, but I absoluetly love this one. Thank you for showing me the error of my narrow minded ways.

Wow, how did I miss this fic before? I've never watched the series, but I LOVE this story! Ahh, the tension, the angst!

I am so happy that you guys are liking it! :cryhappy:

schnulle- Thank you! You can watch some of the episodes on You-Tube if you are interested in learning more about the series. In fact, I watched all of the second season on YouTube. :innocent:

Bongo- Thanks for giving my story a chance! I know Much isn't everyone's favorite...but for some reason, I just adore him! Who is your favorite Merry Man? (I will try to sneak them in...or maybe write another) B-P

Cerulean Flower- Thank you very much! I am glad that you are still reading!

Aprilcot- :blushing: Aw, shucks. Thanks a lot.

littlesneezer18- Thank you very much! I am happy that you are enjoying it. :drool:

TheFunkyMutt- Yay! Another Robin Hood fan? Thank you so much for your kind comment! :D

mkool000- Thank you!!! I am so glad you like it! Of course, I hope that I may convert you to my obsession with this show...There can never be enough Robin Hood fans in the world. :cry:

Thank you everyone! Here is the next part...a wee little part:

"IIIishuu! Ishuu! ISHUU!"

Much sneezed harshly into the handkerchief Djaq had given him, now saturated with use.

He tried to lie still in his bunk, listening the chatter of his gang-mates as they partook of the evening meal.

He wished he could stop sneezing and coughing long enough to hold a conversation. Being sick was boring, he decided, and he noted that Robin was carrying on well enough with the others.

Just like me to be forgotten, Much thought suddenly and shivered. Bringing the cloth to his nose again, he jerked forward with another IISHHUU!

"Bless."

Much blinked over the edges of the handkerchief at the young outlaw beside his bed. Will Scarlett looked at him with a sympathetic smile.

"Thangs," Much mumbled and turned his face away to carefully blow his sore nose. He couldn't control another shiver as much as he wanted to.

Will frowned, a perceptive youth in any case.

"Brrr," he said and clutched his arms, "It's pretty cold on this side of the cave. Why don't you come sit by the fire for a bit? John made you some broth from the rabbit."

Much's eye-brows shot up in surprise. "Really?"

Will laughed, "Yes, Much, really. I mean, you don't think we'd let you starve, do you?"

Much had no answer for this. He smiled at Will, touched for a moment. "Well, I..." he gathered himself. "That... sounds good. Really good."

He gathered his blanket around his shoulders and slowly moved from his bunk. Will didn't move to take his arm, but watched patiently to see if he needed any help.

"Heh--isssshhhuu!" The sneeze caught Much off guard, and he doubled over.

He stumbled a bit as he tried to pull himself upright again and was aware that Will had moved closer, concern clearly written on his face.

Much waved him away.

"Fine," he said, "I'm fine. Just got up too fast."

Will nodded, but the worry on his features remained.

Little John had spread one of his own thick blankets in a square before the fire and Alan moved over to give Much some space. The former servant couldn't help but grin as a steaming bowl was put into his fingers.

"Smells wonderful!" He praised and the big out-law beamed.

"Just an old woods-man recipe," John replied with modesty.

"How are you feelin'?" Alan asked and Much looked at him in disbelief.

"You're asking after...my health?" Much gaped. "I think I may be sicker than I thought!"

Alan looked offended. "I ain't bein' funny now but I do think you are givin' me the short end of the stick. Alan A'Dale is a very sensitive man."

Djaq snorted and the rest of the out-laws fell to laughing. Little John's guffaws rang off the stone walls of the cave. Even Alan found the humor contagious and laughed merrily at himself. Robin smiled, but would not lift his eyes to meet Much's. The former servant sipped at the broth and tried not to let it bother him. The attention of the other out-laws distracted him and made him feel good. But the idea that Robin was still angry left him with an ache in his chest.

********************** :drool::laugh::drool: Will Robin be nicer to Much? More to come....

Hmm. Much thinks Robin's angry with him, but it seems like guilt to me. Bad Robin. Poor Much. Nice installment. More please? ;)

This is so cute. I love it. I side with the rest of the readers, though... Robin feels bad for taking Much for granted and for getting him sick and for making him worse. And I'm sure they'll make amends...

Oh, you guys are so right. He is terribly guilty. But, he's Robin...he never admits to his feelings. Or will he? :) Thanks for all the kind comments. I really appreciate it. I am so happy you all are liking my fic! I am actually working on a similar fic on fanfic.net at the moment. I keep getting the two confused because they are too much alike. Or too Much alike. Heeheehee. :dead:

Here is the next small part. No sneezing, I am afraid. The story-line just didn't want to allow for it. :)

Later on, as the rabbits turned on their spit above the fire, and the gang had gathered around for the warmth and the delicious smell, Much's head nodded forward with fatigue. When his chin hit his chest, he jerked awake with a snort. Djaq smirked, seating nearly behind him on a stone. With one hand, she pulled him back so that his head rested beside her knee.

"You can lean back on me," she said.

Much blushed and looked mortified. He shook his head. But a few minutes later, with the comforting heat of the fire and the lulling sound of his friends' laughter, Much found himself drifting.

He gingerly leaned back and closed his eyes. He fell asleep, one ear pressed against the side of Djaq's knee. She smiled down at him, a rare moment of maternal compassion and placed her hand on top of his hair.

"Is he going to be alright?" Robin asked. His quiet question carried and the others went silent in order to hear what Djaq's response would be. She shrugged,

"I am sure that he will be fine in time, and recover much as you did. My only concern is fever, which you suffered for the first night of your illness. And Much was exposed to the cold for many hours today, which does not help."

Much half-coughed, half-whimpered in his sleep and shifted.

Robin watched his friend for a moment before shaking his head.

"It's my fault, Djaq. I got mad at him. I told him to not come back until he had found some meat for us."

Djaq's eyes flickered protectively to her new patient, "Why would you do that?" she asked, pinning Robin with her gaze. "He has spent many hours beside your bed."

"And fetched you water, when you called for it." Little John put in.

"Worried about your fever," Will added, softly. "He wiped off your face with cold cloths all night when you first fell ill."

Robin buried his head in his arms and groaned at his own stupidity and short supply of patience.

"I lost my temper. I didn't know he was sick. If I had, I never would've..."

"We know," Djaq said, cutting him off with some sympathy.

Much moaned, drawing all their attention. An expression of fear flickered across his face and his head twitched as though away from something painful. He gave a cry, waking himself and he looked around frantically before realizing where he was. He forced a pathetic laugh, but Robin had seen the sands of the Holy Lands momentarily reflected in his friend's eyes.

"What's the matter with me?" he said, and trailed a hand across the sweat pouring from his hair-line. "I think I had better try getting to bed. Save some dinner for me."

He got up, swayed a little unsteadily, but made it across the cave to where his pallet was set it in it's own corner.

I'm glad Robin admitted his wrongdoings, BUT he still has to make it up to Much somehow, right? :) Wonderful post, as always! Keep up the good work. This is such a pleasure to read.

Thanks for continuing and I will definitely take a look at the series on YouTube! Good to know that there are some episodes there! :) Thanks for this advice!

And I SO love it how Robin finally realizes what is going on and how the whole group tries to do Much some good while he's ill!

Archived