Sneeze Fetish Forum

Why do you want to meet a fetishist?

SusieQusie

Why do you want to meet a fetishist?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is it...

• To see them sneeze in person
    • To sneeze for them, and they can sneeze for me
    • Just for fun, we're already online friends and I want to get to know them better
    • Other (please explain)
    • I wouldn't want to meet a fetishist in person.

I'm mainly speaking to those of us who have consitently talked about how they want nothing more than to meet a fellow fetishist in person, and I'm curious about their motives behind that, and how many of us think it's only natural and completely innocent to talk about sneezes and sneeze in person when we meet a fetishist?

Me, I'd rather not talk about the fetish or "indulge" with essentially strangers in person. So I like to meet people for drinks or lunch just because we're friends. :dribble:

There are several people I would like to meet if some miraculous opportunity to do so popped up, but mainly just because they seem like awesome people and I'd like to get to know them better. I wouldn't mind talking about the fetish if I got to know them really well in RL, but definitely not at first.

I've met a handful of fetishists, and while we have ended up with fetish play in most of the cases, we never went into with that as the ultimate goal. It can put a lot of pressure on people to do something that is inherently sexual for us, with what is in essence a stranger. I see no problem with consenting adults playing with the fetish if they choose to, but I don't like the idea of people feeling obliged to do so on a first meeting. I know there are people in this community who expect just that though, and it can discourage a lot of people from wanting to meet others.

There are several people I would like to meet if some miraculous opportunity to do so popped up, but mainly just because they seem like awesome people and I'd like to get to know them better. I wouldn't mind talking about the fetish if I got to know them really well in RL, but definitely not at first.

Agreed...I don't really have anything else to add...Wolf said it all!

I have met a few people here and although the topic of the fetish came up in conversation it was not the main focus or motivation for meeting. I went to make better friends of the friends that I had. hmm...time for a Chicago meet?

I would like to meet a sneeze fetishist in person because I'm much more comfortable having a face-to-face conversation with someone than IMing or e-mailing, and certainly more than posting on the forum. (I don't like to talk on the phone at all, ever, except occasionally with friends I see frequently, because my hearing isn't very good.) And, I enjoy talking about the fetish: having it, what it means to me, good things about it, bad things about it, good experiences with it, bad experiences with it...everything. Depending on who I was meeting, and what the relationship was (Are we friends already? Is this a one-on-one thing, or a meet-up? Am I meeting a man or a woman (or both)? Is there even the slightest chance of a sexual attraction between us? If so, is it mutual, or one-sided? ), I might consider sneezing for the person, or watching/hearing them sneeze for me, but if wouldn't be my main focus (and, I'd be much more likely to do it if it was more of a fun, "Okay, what's your sneeze like?" type of thing, rather than a purposely sexual "Sneeze for me" thing).

All of that said...has there ever been an NY meet-up? Should we plan one? :-)

~Me

I would want to meet because of the friendship that had been established. I am not sure I would even want to talk face to face with the person about the fetish I guess it would just depend on how we connected in person

Yeah, another thing...if I DID meet anyone off the forum, which most likely would never happen, I'd want it to be one on one. Not like one big "let's have an NY meet!!" because then I most likely wouldn't know everyone and it would be REALLY awkward :D

It would be wonderful fun to meet another fetishist and of course having a common interest is the most natural of starting points--why would it not be--I'm sensing some reluctance to "go there" for some,and not sure why that is so--I've only been a member for a few weeks,but if there is one thing I see over and over between the lines,or even outright, is the mutual,unpushy respect we have for each other--for me at least,that helps my comfort level in possibly meeting other fetishists. If we are compassionate on-line,it ought not be different in person.I would love to meet several people specifically,although this is just loosely jangling around in my head--one can't just order it up like a purchase on ebay or amazon.However,everyone is different and everyone has different comfort zones--these should be respected no matter what and if a meeting were to take place that should be consideration #1--it should first of all be pleasurable and fun-that too should occupy the same line as #1. :wub::laugh:

All of that said...has there ever been an NY meet-up? Should we plan one? :-)

~Me

Well,now that you ask it would not break my heart one bit... :blushing:

Mod Note: Merged posts and trimmed quote ~Mute

I just think an outlet would be nice. Although the forum does serve as a wonderful outlet most of the time, I think it would be rather nice to have a friend you can see on a regular bases to share fetishy things with. :laugh:

I would definitely want to meet with fetishists I already have gotten to know well through online just for the sake of getting to hang out with them in real life. I'd not avoid the topic of the fetish altogether, but I don't love the idea of going into a meet with that as the foremost thought/goal.

I also think that someday I'd like to participate in some sort of group meetup (Sneee Fetish Forum Convention, anyone? :P) but alot would hinge on who/how many were going and how well I knew the majority.

One thing I feel should be said though, is that in my opinion it takes a whole different level of comfort to talk about the fetish face-to-face than it does online, so I wouldn't say that it's a foregone conclusion that the experience would be enjoyable - even if you've reached that sort of repor online.

I've met one friend and would like to meet several more, just to hang out and have a beer. It's cool meeting an online friend with whom I share this secret.

I would like to meet up just o have one to meet up with people of common interests.

But sadly, we have no texas peeps here.

Or at least they are southern texas people.

Why does texas have to be so big? :P

Why does texas have to be so big? :P

Because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be Texas.

I would want to meet another fetishist but i think i would be to nervous to consider it for real! If i did ever get the confidence to meet i would just like to get to know them,not rushing into sneezing for them and vice versa. Like i said though it would be great wouldnt it :D

It should be possible to vote several reasons.

I would not be interested in meeting 'a' fetishist. It is just people that I consider as on-line friends that I would like to meet.

In the first place to get to know the person behind the fetishist, and also to discuss a subject that I consider as my secret.

And swapping hankies and sneezing for each other could be fun too.

C

I've met one friend and would like to meet several more, just to hang out and have a beer. It's cool meeting an online friend with whom I share this secret.

you couldn't have said it better Trillium--I agree! :rolleyes::cryhappy:

It should be possible to vote several reasons.

I would not be interested in meeting 'a' fetishist. It is just people that I consider as on-line friends that I would like to meet.

In the first place to get to know the person behind the fetishist, and also to discuss a subject that I consider as my secret.

And swapping hankies and sneezing for each other could be fun too.

C

A very important distinction I hadn't thought of,but very true-- I agree with the rest too--a lady fetishist AND cerebral--yum to the n th degree! :rolleyes:

Mod Note: Merged posts ~Mute

I have met several fetishists, in groups, and bizarrely to me there has been barely any mention of sneezing. But then most were male so I wouldn't really have been intersted in their sneezing. It has always been fun I think because one knows that there is something you have in common even if you are forbidden to mention it.

However, thinking about it I put down that I would like to see other fetishiists sneeze in real life, and am even more surprised to find that this is so unpopular an answer.

There seems to be a prevailing thought that any interst in sneezing is so wicked that one should never admit to it; time and time again we hear that people are not really intersted in sneezing, and only want to talk about what they have in common. But what do we all have in common, if it be not an interest in sneezing? And the people who are most disapproving of any interst in sneezing seem to be the very people who have the most indulged in frequent sneezing in each others' company. 'Tis a mystery indeed....

Hmm... this seems strange to me. I think I would like to maybe meet a fetishist at some point. But, I never feel like I want to meet people in person that I know from other websites. So it must be more than just a casual hookup I have in mind. I guess somehow, I feel like I'm more intimate with you people than I am with anyone else (seeing as how we all know each other's "deepest secret" :rolleyes: ). Sort of a strange thought...

Like majority of people have already commented, I would like to meet with other SF's just because we have established a friendship and I would love to be able to have face to face interaction with that person and share some time with them that is not behind a computer screen. I wouldnt bring up the SF, but would have no problem if it did filter into conversation, but I care more for the person/friend and thier life rather than hearing about what turns them on :rolleyes:

As I'm not close with anyone in the community, I have absolutely no desire to meet with anyone specifically. However, I wouldn't refuse if I could maintain a rapport and be assured that I would be safe. I'm not exactly keen on meeting up with someone I barely know.

If I happened to encounter a fetishist in my day-to-day life, I think I would just treat it as a chance meeting and not really think anything of it.

It would depend upon who I met. I voted for option 2 but there are some I would want to sneeze with and others I'd prefer just to meet as friends.

I voted for option 3 but really options 1, 2 and 3 would all get my vote....

I have met a fellow "fetishist" but really it was as on-line friends that we first met (after much initial concern and worry).. in fact we have now met three times. Both of us have outside lives with partners and friends who know nothing of our secret fetish life and so it was good to meet and discuss a subject that we consider to be our special one. And when we did meet the conversations were good and varied - both being intelligent, sensible people you would probably expect that .. with topics as wide as could be expected - food and drink, current world economy, our jobs and families, travel and even sport.

I cannot pretend that the subject of sneezing and the fetish did not come up ... and it was so good to able to discuss a secret topic so openly, we handled it and moved on .. Would I meet others, based on the experiences to date .. YES but once again primarily as on-line friends who share a common, special interest...

As our time together ticks on we always don't want it to end but of course it has to ... and we leave with good memories - of many things, yes including swapping hankies and sneezing for each other

As long as you approach it as I/we did, get to know the person(s) as an on-line friend first then it can be a good experience.

H

Archived