Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneezy TV shows with company: fun or super uncomfortable?

Lady Blessington

Awesome forum topic, Mads3rv3r! This always tends to make me feel extremely uncomfotable. The worst part is, it's always painfully obvious how uncomfotable I feel-- I can't shut up, I babble random nonsense during sneezy scenes and blush like crazy. I haven't told anyone about my fetish, but I'm sure that they can tell that something is up when that happens. :)

I appear to be in the minority on this topic, 'cause I'm not especially uncomfortable with it. Same as the sneezing in public thing, blessing people when they sneeze, etc. (I didn't even realize this was an issue for some people until it was pointed out to me)

I'm a really, really private person when it comes to my, erm, intimate life. I don't discuss any aspect of it ever with anyone. It just doesn't come up in conversation, and sometimes my friends rib me about it (they're a lot more open about that sort of thing). They usually get a good-natured "It's none of your business, but gift certificates are always welcome."

So, uh, long story short, I don't feel self-conscious or anything because I'm pretty much 100% sure that no one is even looking at me during those shows. :)

Interesting topic, though!

~W.I.N.

I also remember watching that Mickey's Elephant cartoon early in the morning before my parents were up. And then just as it was getting to the good part (i.e. the climax of the elephant sneezing fit scene) my mom woke up and came to see what I was watching. Not good...

Oh yeah, old Mickey Mouse cartoons always seemed to have a lot of sneezing in them. My sister and I used to watch one at my grandma's house all the time as a kid. It was about Pluto trying to steal a ham from the kitchen but has got like some weird soap dust up his nose and has to try not to sneeze while doing it. My sister and I used to ask my grandma to replay just that episode like a million times...

The most mortifying one for me happened to me when I was pretty young and wanted to watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, definitely for Sneezy but of course I didn't admit that. My sister wasn't allowed to watch TV that night for some punishment and was upset with me for watching a movie without her. So she actually shouts, "You just want to watch it for the sneezing!" :drool: My mom didn't hear her, but why did she seem to get it then??? Now I'm not sure if she has a clue...

To actually answer the question, I really don't like watching sneezes on TV with my family. Awkward.

@ Kibou-chan: Not a problem. B) I know how it is to not remember the name of something that you know exactly what you're talking about but no one else does.

The worst part is, it's always painfully obvious how uncomfotable I feel-- I can't shut up, I babble random nonsense during sneezy scenes and blush like crazy.

Wow, psyche! I do the exactly same thing. I almost involuntarily start talking about nothing to try and distract people from what's happening on the screen, but really it probably just comes off as more obvious that I'm up to something.

The worst part is, it's always painfully obvious how uncomfotable I feel-- I can't shut up, I babble random nonsense during sneezy scenes and blush like crazy.

Wow, psyche! I do the exactly same thing. I almost involuntarily start talking about nothing to try and distract people from what's happening on the screen, but really it probably just comes off as more obvious that I'm up to something.

That definitely sounds like something I would do. But it's been a long while since I've watched anything sneezy with someone else... It'll be interesting to see what happens next time, since now I'm consciously aware of my fetish. I've noticed that since I figured out about my fetish, I've become markedly less uncomfortable about people having fits in public and learned to enjoy it (though I'm still equally as unable to focus on anything else when it happens). Maybe it'll be the same for sneezy TV and movies?

This only bothers me if I am with a group of friends and my boyfriend. If I'm just with my friends who don't have a clue about my fetish I have no problem hiding it and know there is no way they could suspect anything, if I'm alone with J since he knows about my fetish and is very involved in it I can feel free to express myself without worrying. But if I'm with both, I feel like he is wondering if that turned me on and I'm hiding it because we're around others and it's just weird. I don't know, doesn't make much sense I'm sure, but I just don't like it

It only really bothers me when I'm watching with people who know about the fetish, or my family. If it gets too bad, I'll leave the room (like others here :P)

SUPER uncomfortable. I definitely get really blushy and can feel the heat rise to my face and spread everywhere. So usually I try to talk over it, overcompensate for the whole paying too much attention thing...XP (then of course I miss it...) Or laugh or do something else to look like I'm not totally engrossed... :P

I absolutely hate it. I always try to find an excuse to leave the room, because I'm always afraid of someone watching me react to watching the movie (a sadly large amount of my friends and family love to watch people watch movies and tv... it's very strange). When I was younger, I remember trying to come up with excuses not to watch anything that I remembered having a sneeze in it.

YES. nobody knows about my fetish, yet it still does bother me..especially with my parents.

i just feel as if everybody gets it, and as if everyone in the room just thinks of me straight away, so i always ALWAYS call my dog whos always in the room.

whenever these an awkward scene i just go "COME HERE FRAANK!" and start patting him and pretend i didnt see the sneeze.

I'm scared someones gona say something, like bring up the person's sneeze.

& also, when i was little me and my dad were watching humphrey bear, and humphrey sneezed in the episode i think, and my dad started talking about it and i got angry/embarrased lol and ran away. i didnt even know i had a fetish then- so that reaction was weird.

Archived