• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• TheCakeIsAlive

• Kaze Wo Hiku

• VoOs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here, have some annoyingly catchy nostalgia that I have no idea why I decided to listen to. :rofl: 

(also, as an aside, the chick with long jeans is rocking exact the same look I had back in those days. Oh man...)

Edited by Chanel_no5

I been listening to this group SABATON as I play D.C.S. world. using my (Russian insignia)  Mig-29 have shot down 6 (Iraqi insignia) Mig-21's and clobbered one of their airbases while listening to this music. would love to have someone on the forum join me sometime in D.C.S. world! 

"Let's Dance" by David Bowie.

The sheer variety of his back catalogue, coupled with the incredible quality of his music, is astonishing. 

:joal:

9 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

"Let's Dance" by David Bowie.

The sheer variety of his back catalogue, coupled with the incredible quality of his music, is astonishing. 

:joal:

It is. I've heard his famous songs before but it wasn't until some months ago that I really discovered his music.

--

Right now I'm just listening to the humming of my computer.

Verjnuarmu

I was listening to a couple of their songs earlier today because I'm analysing the lyrics for an assignment but yk how can you work on something like that and not proceed to listen to them just for fun. 

Edited by Sitruuna
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Selene said:

Eeeeep, omg, @SneezyHolmes, this song is SO amazing, and especially this version from this show! Have been listening to it nonstop a few weeks ago! 😍

It is a good song, didn't think it was a cover or anything from a show though! 😮 

The song itself is a cover of an 80s song (google the video if you have a minute, it's hilarious in all its 80s vibes and glory). Oh and with "show" I was referring to this particular concert of Paramore, as they performed the song on several shows / concerts (maybe "show" is not the right word to use in this context? Help, what is the English language? :lol: ) Sorry if I chose the wrong words.

3 minutes ago, Selene said:

The song itself is a cover of an 80s song (google the video if you have a minute, it's hilarious in all its 80s vibes and glory). Oh and with "show" I was referring to this particular concert of Paramore, as they performed the song on several shows / concerts (maybe "show" is not the right word to use in this context? Help, what is the English language? :lol: ) Sorry if I chose the wrong words.

Oh, I see! And I just thought you meant a tv show! xD I don't listen to Paramore much these days so i don't follow their concerts, etc. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

I don't listen to Paramore much these days so i don't follow their concerts, etc. :lol: 

Me neither, I was just obsessing over this one song (Paramore's version as well as the original and all other varieties of it) and went down the rabbit hole that is youtube to dig out the gazillon of versions and listened to tons of remixes and covers, as well as various performances of the song by Paramore. And the one you've posted was the best by far in my opinion :)

Edited by Selene

I remembered an obscure Paul Heaton song I love:

I'm going to post the lyrics because I really like them. His style is a bit grammatically unusual but no worse for it:

The Old Radio

When segregation reigned
It blared out Brother Ray
When original white hoodies marched
It brought us MLK

Carrying story from Seattle
To Miami bay
From the seahawk to the dolphin
Hope was on its way

The night that John F. Kennedy died
I swear the whole bar cried
Crackling in the corner
Whilst all of our tears dried

Cynics knowing smirk
Sat there justified
Our bar room hopes and liquid dreams
Were once again denied

But on the night that Jailhouse Rock first
Tore right up those billboard charts
The night that Hammerin' Hank
Sank those New York Yankee hearts

When Sugar Ray taught KKK
That black was fighting right back
A change was gonna come okay
But not till after this track

The night it roared out loud
When Iwo Jima fell
But not before the Ink Spots sang
Soft but clear as hell

Back when singer had a melody
Radio tale to tell
And transistor was a jukebox
With a lesson in as well

The heartbeat of this place
We thought we'd never lose
The lifeline from the Astor
To the Mississippi blues

From Pearl Harbor's ships
To Ginger Rogers hips
It took rainy night in Georgia
And placed in dancing shoes

But on the night that Jailhouse Rock first
Tore right up those billboard charts
The night that Hammerin' Hank
Sank those New York Yankee hearts

When Sugar Ray taught KKK
That black was fighting right back
A change was gonna come okay
But not till after this track

The 515 - something appropriate?

About a young guy reaching the end of his tether.

Edited by Heathcliff