Sneeze Fetish Forum

Scott Pilgrim vs. The Winter - (8 Parts)

Graham Cracked

[[[For those unfamiliar with the Scott Pilgrim comic series/movie, it's about a 23 year old boy, Scott, who must fight his girlfriend, Ramona's 7 Evil Exes so they could have a relationship. Each ex has a certain special power that makes each fight almost like that of a video game. That's a very basic description. For those who are familiar with it, this story takes place between ex battles, before Scott goes to live with Ramona {supposedly} and is still living with his gay roommate, Wallace.]]]

Chapter 1:

Toronto, Canada. A place that had summer for one day and winter the other 364. The trees never have a chance to even bud new leaves before they go dormant again. There are rare occasions where a person could wear a light sweater, but other than that, it's a constant jacket and boots temperature. So for those who have lived there for most of their lives, they learned to get used to it.

Inside a small apartment marked 27a on front of the steel door, a full bed lays flat on the floor in a cheap style with only two bedsheets over a shivering body. The head of the quivering boy was the only thing poking out from beneath the sheets, eyes straining to remain shut. His shaggy, dirty blonde hair was beyond messy and fell in several different directions as his body continued to shake. In the kitchen not 6 feet away, a fully dressed and uniquely suave man in his early 20s was busy making a breakfast of bacon and toast. His thin eyes glanced over to the sleeping body, looking at him with slight annoyance. Once he finished up on cooking the bacon, he carried the frying pan over to the living/bedroom of the small apartment, holding in a few inches next to his face.

"C'mon, Scott. It's 11:30, time for your brunch." The dark haired Wallace said, attempting to waft the scent of fresh bacon to his face, which usually got him up in an instant. Scott, however, remained in his strained sleeping state. Wallace grumbled slightly and walked back into the kitchen, setting up two plates and leaving them on the counter separating the kitchen from the merging room. He approached the bed once again and sat down on the old recliner next to it, tapping Scott on his head as if he was dribbling a basketball.

"Ghhhhh...wad?" Scott slurred in a still sleeping but slightly congested voice.

"It's almost noon, Scotty." Wallace started, pushing his shoulder back and forth when he still refused to wake up. "Usually I don't mind, but I need you up and out today, alright?"

"Nnnnnn..." Scott's eyes flickered open to Wallace, his head bobbing from side to side. "Nod doday..." He muttered, coughing into one hand slightly.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." Wallace growled and reached down to feel Scott's forehead, feeling his own with his opposite hand. "Dammit...you're probably the hottest thing in the province right now, and coming from me, you know I'm serious." Wallace stood back up and went for the fridge, looking for an icepack. As he did, Scott slowly sat up in bed, head buzzing and body still shivering. He wrapped the blankets up around him as tightly as he could, which still didn't give him much warmth. Once Wallace returned with an icepack, he helped Scott up while he was still in his blankets and sat him down in the recliner, leaning him back and placing the icepack on his forehead beneath his shaggy bangs.

"Danks, Wallace...I'b sorry." He sniffed, shifting to pull one arm out of his cocoon. Wallace sighed and grabbed a red handkerchief from his back pocket.

"Here. You need it." Wallace said apathetically, building in annoyance in knowing he just wound up acting doctor for Scott. "I'll make up some soup in a bit, then I'll hit the pharmacy and get you some medicine." He sighed, scratching the back of his head. Scotts reddish eyes looked to Wallace, apologetically.

"Dyou dod't hab do...I shod be fide sood edoub..." He sniffed harshly, rubbing beneath his nose with the handkerchief. He suddenly felt a sneeze coming on, his eyes shutting tight in an instant. It came on so quick, he got off lucky having the handkercheif at the ready. "Kyeee--Ha-KCHUU!!!" He sneezed, starting up a mild fit. "HEK-CHUU!! Mph-PHH!! MPH-PHHU!!" He continued sneezing, most of them remained softly muffled within the cloth.

"Bless you..." Wallace shut his eyes and waited for it to subside before blessing him politely, but still with annoyance in his voice.

"Danku..." Scott sniffled, then blew his nose harshly into the handkerchief. He sighed and leaned back into the chair, shutting his eyes tiredly. His face began to grow pale, while reddining around his slightly quivering nose. He felt more nagging sneezes begin to build, but tried suppressing them back with sniffles. Wallace remained sitting on the bed, watching in a blend of concern and boredom.

"So...is there anything you want or need right now? Or can I head out and get you your medicine?" Wallace asked.

"I dink I'b ogay ride dow...bedacide wood be grade, dough, dank dyou..." Scott struggled to respond, rubbing at his nose once again.

"Ok." Wallace said, practically running for his coat and boots, putting them on in a flash. "You rest, I'll be back before you know it." He said as he walked out the door. Scott could make out his footsteps from the outside. They sounded as if he was...running.

A half hour later:

RIIIIIIIIIIING

The phone sounded next to the recliner Scott had dozed off in, making him stir and cough harshly. He struggled to find the phone next to him, eyes barely open. Once he found it, he slowly brought it up to his ear.

"Gello...?" Scott murmured on his end.

"Scott? You alright?" The voice asked concerned on the other line. This voice made him jump awake and sit forward, bringing a smile on his ill face.

"Ramoda? Gey, dow are dyou?" He said, trying his very best to sound better than he was.

"I'm fine, worried about you now though. You sound terrible..." Ramona said.

"Do, I'b ogay...dr-...dreely...I-..." Scott started, beginning to feel another fit coming on. He grabbed the handkerchief from his lap as he felt his nose quiver and run, his breathing becoming hitches. "I-I...iih...I'b f-...gyee..."

"Scott?" Ramona asked. "What is it?"

"I-I'b...iiiidye...heee..." Scott tried to suppress it from the conversation. "I'b fide..." He managed between gasps, his nose beginning to flail. "I-...I-I'll gall d-d-dyou ba-bag..."

"Uhm...okay? Bye..." Ramona paused before hanging up on her end.

Once he hung up as well (more like just dropped the phone to his side), he quickly brought the handkerchief to his nose, head arching back, the sneeze building to its escape.

"Heeeeee-CHUUU!! Mpphhh-PHHUU!! Hyeee-...HeeeAAAHH-CHUUU!! Heeyyaaaa....haaaa....HEEE-CHUUU!!" Scott continued his fit, each inhale causing the tickle to build as if he was stirring hundreds of feathers to stroke his sinuses. "Heeee-CHUU!! Gyaaahh....hee...heeee....Hyaaaa-KCHUU!!! Mph-PHHUUU!!! Heee...hee..." His sneezing slowed into brief gasps, and then back to regular breathing. He blew his nose once more, his head falling back exhaustedly. He looked to the door, wondering how much longer it would take for Wallace to get back with some medicine. As he watched the door, he slowly faded back to sleep, wheezing loudly.

TBC

[[[This chapter's a short one, forgive the slight lack of sneezing. I imagine I'll post about 4 chapters for this story, and if anyone has questions about Scott Pilgrim at all, lemme know and I'll try to clarify as much as I can. I'm sort of a big fan. ^^]]]

GAH! I lurve Scott Pilgrim! (have yet to watch the movie though, so they're all in comic-style in my mind!) and soon-to-be-sneezy Wallace???

yes pleeease. ( >:D )

[[[Hiya~ Here's part 2. Not much sneezing but an intro into Wallace's. Also, props to whoever can find and guess my videogame reference. :laugh:]]]

At the Hots and Colds pharmacy, Wallace looked up and down the shelves to find what would seem to be the highest potency for Scott to get well quickly. He found a few packs of pills that seemed like they would work well enough, but none of them specified that they were for colds. He then saw a small label attached to one of the shelves stating that all forms of cough and cold syrups were behind the counter. He groaned slightly and rubbed at his eyes, a headache beginning to build behind them.

He started for the pharmacy counter, readying his wallet, when he saw the woman in line in front of him, tilting his head in observation. He looked at her hair, short and dyed blue with goggles strapped on top of her head. He was familiar with only one person who had that style. An American. Scott's girlfriend.

"Ramona?" Wallace asked, leaning around her shoulder as she turned to him. Her dark brown eyes met Wallace with the lightness of familiarity.

"Wallace? Weird seeing you here." Ramona responded, a smirk softening her face. She allowed Wallace to become her best gay friend, which she took upon herself to acknowledge everyone must have at least one. And Wallace was a good one to have. Even if it seems like he doesn't care about others at times, his heart is always in the right place. With that thought, she figured they were there for the same reason. "Getting Scott some medicine and stuff?"

"Y-Yeah, and stuff..." Wallace said, a sudden and unexpected hitch in his voice that he ignored and continued. "Wait, you know he's sick?"

"I just got off the phone with him...I was going to invite him to come to my place for tonight...he sounded aweful, so I thought I'd do the 'girlfriend' thing and grab him some cold medicine." She explained, stepping up one spot in line when it moved slowly.

"Wow...I came here to get some cold medicine so he could have a chance to get out of the house tonight..." Wallace responded. The two of them looked at each other for a moment, a literal ellipses taking place between the two of them. They then ran up to the counter at once, slammed the money they had prepared onto it and looked to the pharmacist with determination in their eyes.

"The best cold medicine you got!!" They both demanded.

Wallace and Ramona started back for Scott's apartment, each holding a bottle of ColdKiller X, the strongest brand in the pharmacy. They had a quick pace about them, both hoping the remedy of a double dose would aid in both of their plans for the day.

"So what are your plans if Scott can spend the night with me?" Ramona asked, then grinned slightly. "Unless it's too personal for me to ask of course."

"Nah." Wallace grinned back. "Nothing's ever personal. I'm thinking of rounding up a couple've cute guys I met up at a party the other night, mixing up a few drinks, yada-yada-yada, then have Scott back some time in the afternoon."

"Did you just Yada-Yada what I think you Yada-Yada-ed?" Ramona said, eyebrow cocked.

"Maybe." He gave a small smirk before continuing on.

Ramona chuckled and remained silent most of the rest of the way there. Wallace, however, was a bit slower, even with Ramona being naturally swift. She had to make a mild effort to allow Wallace to keep up with her.

"You ok? You're sorta lagging behind." She said, slowing up a bit more.

"Fine, just have the wind against me." Wallace said in a muttered tone, loud enough for Ramona to hear his responce but still quiet as to not be fully understood.

"Uh...ok?" Ramona said, wanting to go just a little bit faster, but not wanting to seem rude. What wind? She thought, noting just how still the trees are in her mind.

Wallace tried keeping up, finding it oddly difficult. His head fell, looking just to the sidewalk as he continued, the direct center of his head beginning to throb. He held his free hand to his face, massaging his eyes once again. The motion of his fingers stirred in his nasal cavity slightly, causing him to pause and sniffle in the freezing air. He stopped walking, shivering noticably, nostrils starting to quiver from a building sneeze. He tried coughing a few time into the elbow of his sleeve to calm it down, but the most it did was make Ramona pause and turn to him.

"Are you sick too or something?" She asked, looking concerned.

"Eh...I sure as hell hope not...I'd kill Scott if I caught whatever he has..." Wallace growled, rubbing at his nose with his sleeve, remembering he gave his kerchief to Scott. "I wanted the house to myself today, and not to be stuck in bed..."

"But I'd imagine the bed would be involved in your day to yourself, right?" Ramona smirked.

"If I played my cards right, yeah." Wallace responded with a similar smirk. "So yeah, let's get Scott to your place quick." Once he started to quicken his pace, a deep breath of the cold air started up his coughing once again, nose twitching faster. He rested his forearm against a nearby pole, breath hitching and eyes fluttering. He kept his other arm bent, elbow close to his face. He took in one more harsh breath with his head tilting back and shot forward into his arm.

"Gyaaaa-KCHU!!! Het-Het-CHUU!! Heee-KCHUU!!!" He sneezed, pausing for a long time afterwards. He remained in his elbow, head buzzing and breath held. Ramona watched worriedly, looking to the bottle of medicine in his hand. She approached him and placed a hand on his back, rubbing it softly. He sniffled in from his sleeve and looked to her, eyes beginning to redden and tear.

"Good thing we bought two bottles..." She sighed and walked him off slowly.

I don't think I've had the chance to welcome you!

OMG I love this. <3 I think it's adorable. I like the contagion. I don't know the movie, but I'm looking forward to more. :]

I highly advise it, though the comics are just as good, and that's what I'm basing this off of. And thank you for the welcome/comment!! ^^

OMG! I cannot even tell you how much I love this! Wallace = SO CUTE! + THE CUTEST! I can't wait for Ramona to take care of them both!!!!

xD Spoilers! Though it was quite predictable. I did try my best to capture Wallace's character and inverting the aspect of a cold. Thanks much! I'll probably post chapter three some time later tonight.

[[[Part 3! Sorry for mild delay, personal things suck lately xP Not many sneezes, just a continuence on their colds.]]]

Ramona stood in the entrance, arms crossed in what would seem like anger to those who don't know her. But for Scott and Wallace, they knew she was just there, watching and waiting to take care of them in however of a way she could. Scott and Wallace remained on the tiny mattress, both shivering beneath the bedsheets, Wallace building in his cold almost to Scott's level. He tried to sit up and maintain a certain level of coherence, whereas Scott stayed curled up pathetically next to him, going in and out of understandability. This was the side-effect of ColdKiller X, mild delusions.

Wallace groaned and tugged at the blankets Scott had stolen all for himself. His eyes and nose were both red and watered, with the rest of his face being pale enough to be see-through. Scott grumbled, even worse-off, keeping a tight hold on all the sheets.

"Scodd..." Wallace growled, tugging at the sheets over and over. "Scodd...Scodd...Scodd...Scoooooooooooodd..." He whined nasally before plopping back down onto the mattress, still tugging weakly with his eyes losing focus. Scott, almost as if he had a delay of hearing Wallace, responded in a drugged slur.

"Wad...Wad...Wad...Wad...Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad??..." He shouted, turning over onto his back, hitting Wallace with his right arm in a wet noodle style. His arm remained flapping until he got too tired to keep it moving anymore, letting it fall onto his own stomach. "Owww..." Scott groaned, head tilting in Ramona's direction. She remained watching, easily repressing small bouts of laughter from watching the spectacle of the two of them. They seemed to be almost drunk from the syrup; bottles lain half full on the ground next to the mattress. Even with her trying to be polite, she still couldn't help but smirk at them.

"How's the medicine working for you two?" Ramona asked, walking up towards them, arms still crossed.

"Eh?" Scott blinked slowly, smiling tiredly. "Woooooorgin gread! I feel bedder aldready..." He slurred, noticing Wallace sitting up behind him. He jumped up, with genuine surprise, the medicine making him forget his roommate of four years. "GHO ARE DYOU?!" He shouted, tipping onto the floor. Ramona stepped back slightly, knowing the fall from 3 inches wouldn't do much damage. Wallace glared down to him and nonchalantly stole the covers back from him.

"Id's doin ogay for be doo, danks..." Wallace nodded slowly, laying back down and pulling the covers over his head. Almost as if empowered, Scott jumped to his feet and pointed to the door with a shaky arm.

"I dod't do who dyou are, bud ged oudda by bed and gouse!!" He shouted in Wallace's direction, struggling to remain standing. Wallace shifted an arm out from under the blankets and plopped it onto Scott's pillow. He attempted to form a fist to flip Scott off, but wound up making a peace sign, tiredly giving up. "OUD!!" Scott shouted again, head bobbing to one side and arm dropping, falling asleep while standing up.

Ramona caught him from behind, preventing him from falling hard onto the floor. While holding him and shifting him to get back into bed, she felt his fevered body through his clothes and sighed, knowing he won't be feeling better anytime soon, or at least by the end of the day. Once he took his spot back in the bed, she turned to Wallace, shifting the covers enough to reveal his face. She checked his forehead and felt he was just as warm as Scott was, if not just a little cooler. But she knew he would get worse as well. So, with a deep sigh, she sat into the old recliner, leaning back and looking to them.

"Ramoda..." Wallace muttered, trying to sit up just a bit. "Gan dyou ged be da phode? I wadda see ib I gan ged a gold ob da boys frob da bar..." He said, waving his hand weakly in the direction of the phone next to the recliner.

"You're not in any condition to be talking to anyone, sorry." Ramona sighed, shaking her head. "None the less having others over right now."

"Waaaad?!" Wallace whined, holding himself up with one arm, reaching for the phone with the other. He began swatting for it, hitting Scott on the chest several times, causing him to start coughing harshly.

"Wad dar dyou doin?" Scott winced, sitting up and blocking Wallace from the phone. Wallace, however, continued swatting his arm, purposefully hitting Scott this time.

"Dyou did dis do be, dyou gondageous jerg..." Wallace said, brow suddenly furrowing and arm stopping mid-swat. His eyes shut tightly as a sudden fit built in his sinuses. He pulled his pillow down to him and turned into it, breath noticibly hitching from the movements of his shoulders. "Mmph-PHHU!! Ngh-PHU!! Gh-Gh-PHUU!! Hhhee-PHHUU!!!" He continued sneezing into his pillow, trying to keep his breath held while face first in the stuffed cushion. Scott glanced to him for a moment, then fell back first back onto the mattress. He began shivering again and saw Wallace had both of the sheets wrapped around him like a cocoon. He reached over and acted the same as Wallace did moments before, tugging at the sheets weakly.

"Here." He heard Ramona say next to him. He looked over as she was reaching inside her trademark bag, tiny, round and blue with a red star in the center. She seemed to be really searching through the seemingly small carry-around, when she pulled out some sort of thick cloth. She continued pulling it out like a cheap clown trick of pulling out tied handkerchiefs from someone's mouth. Eventually, she finished, revealing a large quilt that she threw onto Scott's shivering body. "Thank Sub-Space. You need anything else, let me know. I can get anything from in here, unless it consists of cooking. Then I'll just make it for you. Both of you." She smiled lightly, arranging the quilt to cover Scott in the warmest way.

"Oh...ogay..." Scott managed a smile as he snuggled beneath the warm quilt.

Both Scott and Wallace remained asleep for a few hours as Ramona made herself at home. She flipped through the television, found a film by Lucas Lee and turned it off quickly with a huff. She went into the kitchen and made herself a quick sandwich, which she ate in the recliner next to the sick, slumbering duo. She kept a close watch on both of them, making sure they both remained breathing at the least. Once she finished eating, she checked both of their temperatures once again. Scott was starting to get noticably cooler, where Wallace stayed at about the same high fever. She gave a half smile when the phone rang through the silence of the apartment. She decided to take it from the phone in the kitchen to try and keep her speaking from waking them up.

"Hello?" She answered as softly as she could.

"Ra-...Ramona?" Another female's voice asked on her end. Ramona recognized this voice as being Stacey Pilgrim, Scott's younger sister. "Hi! How are you doing?"

"Uh, Stacey?" She asked just to be sure.

"Yeah."

"Oh ok, sorry, it's been a while since we've talked." Ramona apologized.

"No big deal. Where's Scott?" She asked.

"Uhm...in bed. Both he and Wallace came down with something aweful."

"Ohhhhh, so THAT'S what he meant!" Stacey said in realization.

"What who meant?"

"Wallace. He sent me this weird text just now saying, 'Dyour broder god be sik doday. I gate dim'."

Ramona looked to the bed and managed to see that there was in fact an open cellphone in Wallace's hand.

"Wow...he really is a gossipy bitch." Ramona whispered under her breath.

"Huh?" Stacey asked.

"Nothing. But yeah, they're both unconscious at the moment."

"And you're acting as their nurse pretty much?"

"Pretty much."

"You're too nice sometimes. Usually I'd just have Scott walk it off, the lazy bum."

"I've gotten close to doing that, but...I dunno."

"Well, let Scott know I called, and tell Wallace I wish him well!" Stacey said, hanging up on her end before allowing Ramona a responce.

Ramona sighed and hung up the phone, walking back to the recliner. She looked to Wallace, who had managed to recieve a message from Stacey wishing him well as she said before. She chuckled at just how texting became muscle-memory for Wallace. She then looked to Scott, contemplating on whether or not she should just wake him up and get him walking around. It might be better for him, but it might also do him in. Ramona knew she never tends to have a bedside manner for many, certainly not for any of her past exes. But there was just something about Scott that made her act otherwise. And she didn't want him any other way. With that thought, she smiled and knelt down, kissing him on his still warm forehead.

He really is the nicest guy she's dated.

Oh my gosh. If that happened IRL, I'd die from the cuteness and hilariousness of the moment. ;)

I do quite enjoy this, I'd love to see more. You are so fast at updates. <3

Same here xD Although oddly enough, how Scott and Wallace acted here are based on how I get [or should I say have recently gotten xP] on cold medicine. Very loopy indeed, so it was easy to write with that boost of inspiration. And I do try to keep up with posting as often as possible. I'm trying to up my writing abilities to become a novelist someday. *hopeful moment*

Oh, I plan to. And surprisingly, I think I've been making a bit more progress than I had planned on. About 5 more chapters worth of a story in fact. :drool: She'll be the whole 'Don't worry, I never get sick' type. Oh, she'll have cute build-ups too... :D *begins writing chapter 4*

omigosh could Scott and Wallace GET any cuter?!? I knew that shared bed was going to play in my favor (drooldrooldrool) I love the bit with the text. Crazy Scott Pilgrim logic at its finest!

[[[sorry for the delay. Here's part 4!! I hope you like it. ^^;]]]

Wallace was the first of the two to eventually wake up. His eyes still wanted to sleep, but his mind didn't allow it. He still wanted to get with a few other guys that day, and a cold this severe wouldn't stop a devoted gay man. He sat up slowly, glancing over to Scott and Ramona. Thankfully to him, they had both fallen into a deep sleep. He noticed that Ramona had fallen asleep while holding Scott's hand, fingers interlaced with each other. He couldn't help but smile sweetly at the sight of them before carefully sneaking out of his side of the bed and into the bathroom, turning on the light and shutting the door quietly behind him.

He ran the sink with icy cold water and kept the stopper on, allowing the sink to fill almost all of the way. Once it did, he turned the water off and leaned in, dunking his face and most of his hair into it. He stayed under for as long as he could until his breath forced out a cough, air bubbling quickly around his face. He pulled out and grabbed at a hand towel, dabbing his face and coughing more into it. The water was relieving as it ran down from his black hair to the back of his warm neck. He smiled lightly from the feeling, but the cold water triggered his nose to lightly run, causing him to sniffle loudly and scratch the side of his nostril, trying to keep himself from starting up another sneezing fit.

Once the itchy feeling eased up slightly, he sighed and dipped the hand towel into the water, ringing it out to be cool and moist. He sat on the toilet seat and removed his shirt, dabbing his face, neck and some of his chest with the towel. He began to get worried when even the water on the towel started getting warm. The medicine didn't seem to even start working for him. His shoulders shrugged a bit with defeat when he came to the fact that, even if he could manage to be with a few guys that night, they wouldn't approve of his current condition.

"Dabbid, Scodd..." He cursed under his breath, still greatly congested. "Dis is sbill dyour bauld..." He dabbed at the back of his neck when his nose started to itch again. Apparently, the back of his neck was some sort of trigger for him. He pulled the cloth away quickly and sniffled, the feeling not residing but building teasingly. He grabbed some toilet paper and tried blowing his nose free of the feeling. But at this point of the cold, he was too congested to even blow his nose. So the feeling continued to irritate, his breath beginning to hitch.

"Heee...gy-gyaahhh..." He gasped, nose twitching behind the soft bundle of toilet paper he held tightly to it. The sneeze built more, Wallace falling slave to it. He just wanted it to be over with, but he knew it wouldn't be that simple. He would gasp suddenly, head tilting back and mouth agape, and the feeling would subside back to just a nagging tickle. It happened to him about four times, until it subsided to a linger. He furrowed his eyebrows angrily and sniffled before standing from the toilet seat, throwing his shirt back on and storming out the bathroom.

"You alright, Wallace?" Ramona said mid-yawn. She stretched her arms over her head before standing and heading in Wallace's direction.

"Do...I hade beigg dis way..." He sniffled, rubbing his nose and glaring at Scott. "I hade hib...I hade hib, Ramoda..."

"I know you do, sweetie..." Ramona sighed apologetically, feeling his forehead. "Oh man...you're really burning up..." She put a hand onto his shoulder and attempted to lead him back to bed. Wallace, however, pulled his shoulder away and turned his head to the door.

"Do. I wadda ged oudda gere...if I'b nedt do hib, I bight gill hib..." Wallace swayed for his coat and stepped shakily into his boots, not bothering to tie them on. Ramona tried to stop him by grabbing his arm, but he pulled away harshly again. "Ramoda...dod'd bage be hade dyou, doo..." He said, eyes looking almost as if he was begging behind sick tears.

"Wallace, you're in absolutely no condition to do this. Please, just go back to bed." She said, genuinely worried.

"I'b nod godda be lige dat lazy bum..." Wallace growled, imitating the attitude Stacey had moments before. "I'b walging dis obb...I'll be bagg soob." He stumbled for the door and opened it to the icy wind.

The air surrounded him quickly, hitting every inch of exposed skin, including the back of his still damp neck. He didn't even have a chance to prepare himself before--

"Gyeeehhh-...H-Heek-CHUUU!!! Eh-Eh-CHUU!!! HEEE-CHUUU!! Hee...eee...iihh...HEK-CHUU!!! Iihh...Gyaa-CHU!! GYAAAHH-CHUUU!!!" Wallace couldn't even breathe through sneezes; it was a constant one after another. His head buzzed, his vision was foggy over tears streaming from his red eyes. But he couldn't stop. He leaned against his doorframe, another fit starting up. "HEK-CHOUUU!!! Gyaahh-CHUU!! Eh...EHHH-CHUUUU!! KYAA-CHUU!!! Hee-CHU...Eh...iih..." His breath slowed dangerously. His vision began to swim as his legs shook with the rest of his vibrating body. His sight went dark and he felt himself begin to fall forward, when there was a sudden tug beneath his armpits. He rose his head only enough to see Ramona had prevented him from passing out onto the doorstep, which was inches from his face.

"Wallace! Stay with me!" Ramona shouted as she managed to pull him back inside and slowly layed him down onto the floor, shutting and locking the door to keep the cold air from affecting him anymore.

"Huh..." A voice stirred behind her, the no longer congested voice of Scott. "R-Ramona?" He sniffed, a smile filling his face. "Hey, I think I'm alright now. That medicine really helped!"

"That's all great, Scott, really! But Wallace needs help now!"

"What?!" Scott jumped up from the mattress and ran over, kneeling down to Wallace. "Hey! You alright?!"

"Nnnnggghhh..." Wallace groaned, head turning towards Scott. His hand shakily rose in his direction, almost as if he was going to touch his face. But it turned around and formed a successful flip-off before falling back onto his chest, Wallace losing consciousness soon after.

I basically just lurk on here now, because I usually have nothing to say.

I am a HUGE <i>Scott Pilgrim</i> fan (one of the people who knew it before it was even popular :sweatdrop:) and THIS. IS. AMAZING. Sneezy Scott AND Wallace?! And so in-character, too! Keep up the wonderful work! 8D

+1 Hurt/Comfort

+2 Well Written

+3 Hilarious

Multiple Chapter Bonus: +300 Points

Rating: AWESOME

WRITING DESIRE HAS LEVELED UP!!

NEW SKILL: Faster Updates

Speed: +2

Will: +4

Motivation: +5

:D Thanks much! I absolutely ADORE SP since my bf got me into the comics and brought me to the show. Greatest thing ever!! I couldn't resist to have this focus a bit more on Wallace. I lurves him. n.n Thanks much for commenting, I'll be putting up the next chapter once I'm sorted out with RL stuff.

ahhh you keep hitting my luffsneezyWallace button over and over!!! this is too adorable for words, and I agree with Pirka, totally in character!

"my name is meepsy and I am a (sneezy)scott(/wallace)aholic!!!!"

[[[Forgive the delay and lack of sneezes in this chapter. Life is bleh and makes it hard to write anything good. x.x But I do hope you all like this as much as past chapters. <3 By the way, I finished the final comic today...ZOMG READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T!! BRYAN LEE O'MALLEY IS A GENIUS!!!1!]]]

Scott sat up on the mattress next to the barely breathing Wallace. Ramona was transfering yet another ice pack for him. His fever has hardly budged since passing out and, if anything, it may have gotten worse.

"Do you think he's gonna be ok?" Scott asked, voice still rough with a sore throat. The medicine managed to ease his symptoms, but didn't actually cure him of his cold. This was just his brief break from him.

"I hope so." Ramona said, grabbing a fresh ice pack from the freezer. "Does it say anything like this would happen on the bottle?"

Scott looked over to the side of the bed and found one of the bottles of Cold Killer X. He grabbed it and looked to it, having a little trouble reading the fine print.

"Side effects of this product may include dizzyness, drowsiness, headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of taste, loss of smell, loss of memory, eye-twitching, lip-twitching, mild hallucinations, mild delusions, mild schizophrenia, mild MPD, increase in hunger, increase in anger, increase in sensuality, and bloating." Scott managed to say in one breath.

"Is that it?" Ramona asked, placing the ice pack onto Wallace's forehead.

"Yeah...so, maybe he has something worse that this stuff can't get rid of?"

"I dunno..." Ramona said with a sigh as Wallace didn't even respond to the cold compress on his skin. Scott suddenly looked to Ramona with more concern.

"Whoa...wait..." Scott started. "How long have you been around the two of us?"

"Huh?" Ramona looked up to the clock in their kitchen. "Uh...about five...five and a half hours...why?"

"Five and a half hours?!" Scott bounded back, eyes widened. "B-But...what about you? You're gonna get sick now!"

"Do you really take me for the type that gets sick easily?" Ramona's eyes narrowed down to Scott for a moment.

"Well, no, but...with how bad I was and..." Scott tilted his head very slightly to the left, gesturing down to Wallace, the ice pack seeming to steam against his hot forehead. Ramona sighed understandingly and nodded once.

"I know. But trust me, I'll be ok. I haven't gotten sick since I was in middle school."

"Doesn't that mean your body's overdue?"

"What?"

"Well, isn't it along with how...if you don't exercise enough, you get fat?" Scott asked, trying to explain his logic. "If your body doesn't get sick maybe once a year, it loses its immunity to things as simple as a headache."

"First off..." Ramona began after an awkward pause. "...you can't catch a headache. And second, the reason one might not get sick for years at a time is because they keep up on their immune system. Try drinking more orange juice and you'll see what I mean."

"Ugh..." Scott gagged lightly, pulling his knees up to his chest. "Don't talk about drinks like that until I feel better."

"Or...ad leesd...add somb...bodka..."

Ramona and Scott paused for a long moment, unsure of where the noise came from at first. They both then looked down to Wallace. Though still motionless, his eyes were opening slightly.

"Wallace?" Scott knelt over to him, trying to keep him awake. "Are you ok?"

"Do...I...loog...ogay...?" Wallace breathed out, voice harsh and congested.

"Wallace...you need me to call the hospital or something?" Ramona asked, placing a hand onto his shoulder.

"Do...don'd gall demb...I'b sdill dired...I don'd...wanna sleeb in...a hosbidal..." He tried to say, fading in and out. "Bud...dank dyou..."

"Just let me know. Right away. If you need me to. Understand?" Ramona said with authority and worry in her tone. Wallace managed a weak smile and very brief nod before fading back out and into a slightly more peaceful sleep. He still sounded aweful with wheezing, and once Ramona checked his ice pack, she shut her eyes in stress as she felt it had warmed up greately in a short amount of time.

"This is bad..." Scott said, scratching at the top of his head. "Am...am I responsable for this?"

"No, Scott...don't go blaming yourself right now." Ramona looked to him, trying to be reassuring. "You know his lifestyle, how often he stayes out late at night in this cold, drinking and being with tons of guys. This was bound to happen eventually...like his body's hitting the pause button on his life." Ramona said in a language Scott was well familiar with and comfortable with hearing.

"Oh..." Scott said, a sigh escaping his lips relievingly. "And...he's not gonna game over, right?"

"He won't game over, I promise." Ramona smiled lightly. "And don't be worrying about me either, ok? I know how to take care of myself."

Scott looked back to her, worried again, but tried to mask it with a smile.

"Ok...I'll try not to..."

"Just worry about yourself getting better." Ramona said, walking to the foot of the mattress and kneeling down onto it, knees touching Scott's. She smiled and leaned forward, tall enough to reach Scott's forehead with her lips. She kissed him there while adding just a little bit of pressure to push him back down onto his pillow. Once he was down, she pulled away and looked to his eyes. "You're still warm."

everyone is so beautifully in character -- this could be straight from the comic. I love Scott...and I love that he's still a bit sick too!

[[[*bows, smiling happily from comments* Thanks much for all your amazing feedback!! Here's the next part for you lovelies~!! ^^]]]

Night arrived quickly for the three in the tiny apartment. Ramona remained on the recliner, looking to Scott and Wallace, especially Wallace, with worry on their health. Her eyes were reddened and half closed with tiredness and her rubbing at them to stay awake. Her blurred focus saw that the kitchen clock read 12:34. She made a double-take to it, hoping that in a place like this, a clock keeping the wrong time was expected. But when she checked her cellphone to be sure, she learned her assumption was correct, but for the worse. It was in fact one hour ahead at 1:34. She rubbed at her eye once again and yawned silently, standing up from the recliner.

"That thing's too damn comfortable right now..." She muttered as she walked into the bathroom, allowing the light from the living room to guide her in. All she needed was the sink to splash a bit of cold water to her face. Once she did, she went back into the living room and just remained standing at the foot of the mattress.

Both Scott and Wallace wheezed in their sleep almost in unison. Scott's breathing seemed easier and less restrained as it was before. Wallace, however, breathed heavily through his drying mouth, his throat audiably raspy with each breath. Ramona felt the urge to wake him up just so he could at least have a glass of water. But the fact he was even brathing to begin with was a relief to her. In any case, she knew that it was better that they were sleeping at all. If she woke them up at this time, she knew they wouldn't manage to get back to sleep. All she could do is keep a close eye.

Ramona returned almost reluctantly to the chair next to the sleeping duo, sitting down with as much intent to be uncomfortable and stay awake. She stayed leaning against one arm rest with her legs scrunched up to her side. She continued watching the two, beginning to fade out once again even in that position. She almost fell completely asleep until a loud breath from Wallace stirred her awake again. She shook her head several times, trying to snap out of tiredness.

Once her head slowed, it began to ache. She held her hand to the side of it, thinking that wasn't the best of ideas. Her eyes darted back and forth in dizzyness and she almost became nausious from her motioned sight. Groaning, she rubbed at her eyes once again.

"You ok?" The voice of Scott whispered over Wallace almost like a breeze. Even Ramona didn't notice at first until she forced her eyes open and to focus at Scott sitting up on the mattress.

"Y-Yeah, just a headache...no big deal." She responded just as quietly. "You should go back to sleep."

"Why aren't you? That does recline back, or I can sleep in that and you can take my place." Scott offered, already beginning to come out from under the covers.

"No." She demanded just a bit louder, with something Scott could just barely notice was different. "I'm making sure one of you doesn't stop breathing in your sleep."

"We're not that bad off...well...I'm not at least." He glanced to Wallace, his pale face seeming whiter than the pillow he was resting on. "And he always tends to sleep like that, and I've seen him pass out hundreds of times before. A cold won't change much for him."

"I still can't help but worry, not after seeing him go out like that." She sighed, feeling a sudden building itch in her sinuses. She sniffed as lightly as she could and scratched at her nose with the back of her thumb, trying to act like it was nothing. Scott, however, dropped his head forward and sighed knowingly.

"Ramona..." He began. "I told you that you shouldn't be around us. You haven't slept or eaten much and hung around Wallace and I all day."

"Stop insulting me, Scott. I'm alright." She said, trying to suppress herself from sniffing again, the feeling only getting worse because of it.

"Doubt it." He stood up from the mattress, holding himself against the wall shakily. Once he gained his footing and his head stopped spinning, he looked to her and began to approach her. He paused once he got close enough and felt at her forehead, feeling his own at the same time. He knew he still had a fever, but his eyes narrowed concerned when he noticed her forehead was only a little bit cooler than his.

"Scott, stop." Ramona said, pulling her head away. But Scott had more than enough to know.

"You're getting sick, Ramona. C'mon, at least get some sleep. You can use Sub-Space tomorrow through me to get back home and stay in for a few days."

"I told you before, I never get sick."

"Then maybe it's about time to get it over with. No one's completely immune, not even you." Scott muttered at the end of his sentence, looking away. Once he looked back to her, his eyes widened and he backed away slightly from the sheer death glare she was giving him. So much so, her head began to emit the strange green glow it would do whenever Scott got her mad. "I-I-I-I-I'm sorry..." He said, holding his palms up to her. "I-I was just saying...I'm worried for you..." He said, trying to ease her tension.

The glow dimmed as her eyes noticibly fluttered closed. She breathed in with light hitches and turned her head away from Scott, scratching at her nose with one hand and holding her other hand to Scott as if it would make him not notice. She took in one quick gasp and her head shot forward several times, each sneeze being stiffled with as much of her power as she could. Scott's eyes narrowed again and he took her extended hand, pushing it out of his way and reaching for her face with his other. He turned her head carefully by the chin as she kept a tight hold on her nose. She looked to him, eyes watering a bit and half closed.

"Don't hold it in, Ramona. It's not good for you. Stop trying to have so much control over everything, please." He said softly, pulling Ramona's hand away from her face. He went into his back pocket and placed the red handkerchief into it, her eyes never leaving his gaze. "Just let it out. And let it be my turn to take care of you." He smiled lightly and leaned in, kissing her very lightly on the bridge of her nose. The itchy tickle returned with gusto when he pulled away quickly, knowing it would come back just as fast.

As predicted, Ramona took in several gasps, the feeling just teasing at first but building fiercely. Her eyes shut tight and twitched with her breathing and she held the kercheif to her face. A tear speckled the corner of her left eye with the tickle's final attack.

"Hee-Hee-Heee-KCHUUF!! KEE-CHUUUF!! Kee...HEE-CHUU!! HEEE-TCHUU!! Hee...iih...HEE-CHUUF!!" She continued to sneeze, trying to remain as quiet as possible but still trying to get it over with. Once it calmed down for her, she groaned and kept the kerchief to her face, head falling tiredly onto the back of the recliner. Her eyes struggled to open back up, when the fell onto Scott's expression. His eyes were wide and his mouth was agape and tiny, with what seemed to be a shy smile. And even with his pale face and reddened nose, she could tell...he was blushing. "Wad, Scodd?" She asked, congestion and the hold on her nose obvious on her voice.

"You...have the cutest sneeze I've ever heard..." Scott whispered, hands over his mouth as it smiled wider, cheeks making tiny red mounds beneath his eyes. Ramona's eyes glared, but there was no glowing coming from her head. She didn't seem angered, more embarrassed than anything.

"I'b tired ob hearing that..." She said, sniffing in half sentence to clear her voice of the congested sound. "The last time I was sick was with Roxy, and that's all I heared." Ramona finished before blowing her nose into the kerchief. She emitted a light squeeking sound halfway through, making Scott begin to shift back and forth and 'aww' as if he just saw a kitten mew or roll onto its back. "Cut it out, Scott..."

"I can't help it if you just got so adorable just now." He said in a baby talk tone. This time, the glow accompanied Ramona's glare. Scott jumped and backed away another step, beginning to sweat in fear. "Sorry~!!" He took another step, not realizing the mattress was directly behind his heel. He lost his footing suddenly and fell backwards onto the bed and still sleeping Wallace.

"Scott!" Ramona jumped up from the recliner and up to the mattress.

"I'm ok, Ramona. Just a fall and thankfully onto a comfy bed." Scott said reassuringly. Almost as if Ramona didn't hear Scott or care about him, she pushed his legs and lower half onto the open space next to Wallace, kneeling down to him worriedly.

"I'm sorry, Wallace...did he wake you up?" Ramona whispered as Scott sat up with an expression that seemed to say 'What about me?'. Ramona got even more nervous when it seemed like Wallace didn't even budge from the boy's fall onto him. Ramona checked his chest, unsure if a few ribs may have been broken or his breathing or heart would have stopped. When she knew he was still alive and asleep, she sighed with relief, but still with great concern. She looked to Scott with reddening eyes, beginning to look like Scott did once his cold started that morning. "A hit like that should've woken him up..." She said, sniffling back another fit for now.

"He tends to be a really deep sleeper." Scott said, trying to convince her that Wallace was alright.

"Sdill..." She responded with worry and congestion back on her voice. Scott noticed and gave a half smile expression, standing from the mattress once again.

"C'mon...you really need to get some sleep." Scott said, holding a hand down to her. "The mattress can easily fit one more if you want to do that instead."

Ramona looked up to him, eyes starting to close with tiredness once again. She still wanted to stay awake to try and make sure they were both alright, but her body wasn't allowing it at this point. With reluctance, she reached out for Scott's hand and he carefully helped her up and around to his side of the bed. He laid her down gently onto the mattress to make sure she had enough room, then took his spot up against the wall with just enough mattress left to keep him on it. He stayed laying on his left side, looking to Ramona as she slowly drifted off. Right before she fell completely asleep, she turned onto her right side and wrapped her arm around Scott's shoulders, holding him close and resting her cheek next to his chest. Scott smiled warmly and hugged around her as well, kissing her on the top of her head. Within minutes, they were both sound asleep.

Archived