Sneeze Fetish Forum

crashintome

I went through my book shelf, and tried to figure out which ones did, in fact, have sneezing in them/had people with colds in them. These are the ones I've gotten so far.

Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts. Female (Lexie). Talks about how this gypsy woman told her if she sneezed, she wouldn't get pregnant. So, she did all these different things to make herself sneeze (pull out eyebrows, sniffed pepper, etc) and now her daughter (the one she was pregnant with when all this happened) sneezes in doubles.

Gossip Girl: Because I'm Worth It by Cecily von Ziegesar. Female (Serena). No sneezing, she did blow her nose once.

Gossip Girl: I Like It Like That by Cecily von Ziegesar. Both females (Serena and Blair). No sneezing, again. But they both had stuffy/runny noses and were blowing them a lot.

Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez. Male (Nelson). Sneezes twice due to being in the rain.

One male noseblow in Rainbow High (also by Alex Sanchez).

So Hard to Say by Alex Sanchez. Male (Frederick). Cold sniffling, nose blows and some coughing.

L8r G8r by Lauren Myracle. Talks about colds throughout, male and female.

That's about it. I can't remember the rest/ they were sick but had nothing nose-related. If you want those, just ask.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCakeIsAlive

• NoV

• Bondi

• Chanel_no5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also there are sneezes in Stephen King's "A Doctor's Case" in the Nightmares and Dreamscapes collection... Sherlock Holmes is allergic to cats in it.

Fantastic short story. I'd totally forgot about it. I love the way Watson is really concerned about Holmes - and I think Stephen King writes them well.

~ mod note: we don't allow links to copyrighted materials

There's also a curious amount of sneezing in Franquin's comics.. I think we've had a debate about him being on our team ;)

Edited by Lynne
I know that I've read a handful of books with sneezing in them... but at the moment most of them escape my memory! Silly me, the only thing that's coming to mind is the Goosebumps series, by R. L. Stine. :lol::blushing: So, if you want to relive your childhood (if you loved the series as much as I did), I can name a few titles. It's been years since I've read any, but a few of them definitely had memorable sneeze scenes. :blushing::drool:

Book 8: The Girl Who Cried Monster: Main character is hiding behind bookshelves in an old, dusty library, watching a guy for a long time. Over the span of a couple of paragraphs, she describes how badly she needs to sneeze from the thick dust floating in the air. And yes, she does sneeze.

Book 12: Be Careful What You Wish For: No sneezing as far as I can remember, but apparently one girl has the flu? I don't seem to think it was a big deal though...

Book 14: The Werewolf of Fever Swamp: No sneezing again (sorry), but a few kids get fevers.

Book 20: The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight: A girl has hayfever, and has at least a couple of sneezing fits because, well, she's out on a farm with scarecrows!

Book 35: A Shocker on Shock Street: A girl gets a few spiders up her nose, which she sneezes out. Ew. :lol:

Heh... wow, this is sophisticated stuff. Sorry about that, I couldn't help myself. Hopefully I'll think of something better to add later. :blushing:

Haha I'm not the only one who remembers all those Goosebumps books. I still have tons of them put away somewhere. Let me see if I can remember any that you didn't mention

The Phantom of the Auditorium: Most sneezes that I can remember of any of the series. A girl has lotsa allergies, and there are fits and sneezing while hiding. 

The Haunted School: The concept of the book is that a group of students had their photo taken by some creepy camera that made them be stuck in one point in time in a closed off area of the school for ever. One girl had a cold at the time, so she has a cold for all eternity.

Well that's all I can think of right now. RL Stine definitely had a thing for sneezing, I think. And they are all girls, from what I remember...

Another that hasn't been mentioned yet is Howl's Moving Castle by Diane Wynn Jones. While the movie was made famous by Miyazaki, the novel in my opinion is slightly superior for one reason... Howl catches a massive cold and sneezes/blows his nose all the time for two or three chapters in the middle of the book. Quite lovely and involves some care-taking for those of you who like that. Overall, the book is very well written, magical, and very entertaining.

This is my favorite sneezy book to date. Love all the dialogue and detailed descriptions!

There are a couple of sneezes in The Silence Of The Lambs by Thomas Harris.

A double from Clarice Starling (F) at some point near the beginning when she is searching a dusty garage. Then during the final chapter or so there is a brief "a single sneeze could be devastating"-ish mention when she is hiding.

Other than that I can only remember a single female sneeze in some Goosebumps book I read as a kid. :wub:

well all theese should keep me busy for quite a while (is on her way to the library)

thank you everyone youve now occupied my days for the next two weeks before uni starts :)

Well...I found an interesting discovery today. In my history class, we're reading Plato's "Symposium," which is actually quite interesting. But there's a bit where one of the philosophers, Aristophanes, happens to be having "an attack of hiccups." So another one of them, Eryximachus (yay Ancient Greek names) tells him, "If you hold your breath for a long time, the hiccups might stop. If that doesn't work, gargle with some water. If they're really persistent, find something with which you can tickle your nose and make yourself sneeze; one or two sneezes will get rid of your hiccups, however severe the [sneezing] attack." :drool:

And then a bit later, Aristophanes says, "Yes, they've stopped all right, but they didn't until I used the sneezing technique. It makes me wonder if my body's moderate side desires sneeze-like noises and tickles!"

:drool::omg: Ancient Greece! And now I'm wondering if that actually works...making yourself sneeze to stop hiccups...huh.

Here is a search engine containing the full text of several books. I found one of the Goosebumps from it.

http://www.e-reading.org.ua/

Book 8: The Girl Who Cried Monster: Main character is hiding behind bookshelves in an old, dusty library, watching a guy for a long time. Over the span of a couple of paragraphs, she describes how badly she needs to sneeze from the thick dust floating in the air. And yes, she does sneeze.

Here's the book. Sounds great but I couldn't find the part where she actually had to sneeze. It sounds like she just barely managed to hold it off, but then if feels like there should be more of it:

http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php...ied_Monster.pdf

"I suddenly had to sneeze. My nose tickled like crazy! There was so much dust down here. I reached up and squeezed my nose hard between my thumb and forefinger. Somehow I managed to shut off the sneeze. My heart was pounding even harder. I could hear it over the tick-tick-tick of the clock. Please leave, I thought, wishing Samantha and her grandmother out of there. Please leave. Please leave. Please leave. I don't know how long I can stay tucked on this dusty shelf. My neck was already starting to hurt from being pressed against the shelf. And I felt another sneeze coming on."

Book 20: The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight: A girl has hayfever, and has at least a couple of sneezing fits because, well, she's out on a farm with scarecrows!

http://shortstoree.blogspot.com/2009/09/go...t-midnight.html

Horror at Camp Jellyjam also has a sneezing while hiding:

http://enovelspace.files.wordpress.com/200...mp-jellyjam.pdf

The Phantom of the Auditorium: Most sneezes that I can remember of any of the series. A girl has lotsa allergies, and there are fits and sneezing while hiding.

http://shortstoree.blogspot.com/2009/09/ph...y-rl-stine.html

In response to the "Symposium", I totally read that a few weeks ago for my philosophy course and wondered the same thing about whether or not sneezing would help with the hiccups. I would imagine so, but I haven't gotten the hiccups, so I haven't been able to try. I found it really weird that it was mentioned in there, though.

As for another book, I remember as a kid reading the Summer of My German Soldier and loving it. There is only one sneeze that I can recall, but it is responded to, and I just found it divine. I think it was one of the first times I realized that I really did enjoy sneezes, not just find them interesting. But it's an excellent book, very highly recommended, even though there's only one sneeze in it that I can remember.

The Wheel of Time series has a bunch of great sneezes (even sneezing fits on occasion). The best one was in Book 11 (Knife of Dreams) when Elayne was rescued but sneezed a bunch of times (even more "off camera", if you will). I would give you page numbers but I don't have my copies with me :P

<-- was so disappointed when Lanfear died without at least some sort of sneezing action

Secrets of Dripping Fang series by Dan Greenburg one of the main characters named Cheyenne is allergic to everything, perfect kids book.

Stephen King.

In Tommyknockers, the main character sneezes in her sleep several times as she's "transforming". (about 2/3 way into the book)

In ... argh... Drawing of the Three, I think (one of the first three Dark Tower books), there's this massive half-cybernetic bear that has a sneezing fit.

Those are the only two I can actually pick out of my foggy memory LOL

I've just checked through the first Dark Tower books, and the bear is in the first section of The Waste Lands. :heart:

The Stand also has a lot of sneezing in the first few chapters.

Ah, yes, the stand. Read the book and the comics.

In the comics I can sort of remember a visual sneeze but not really.

Then again, I was reading those books at 10 and 11, so I really can't remember.

Well...I found an interesting discovery today. In my history class, we're reading Plato's "Symposium," which is actually quite interesting. But there's a bit where one of the philosophers, Aristophanes, happens to be having "an attack of hiccups." So another one of them, Eryximachus (yay Ancient Greek names) tells him, "If you hold your breath for a long time, the hiccups might stop. If that doesn't work, gargle with some water. If they're really persistent, find something with which you can tickle your nose and make yourself sneeze; one or two sneezes will get rid of your hiccups, however severe the [sneezing] attack." :D

And then a bit later, Aristophanes says, "Yes, they've stopped all right, but they didn't until I used the sneezing technique. It makes me wonder if my body's moderate side desires sneeze-like noises and tickles!"

:huh::o Ancient Greece! And now I'm wondering if that actually works...making yourself sneeze to stop hiccups...huh.

I'd forgotten this. Slightly off topic, but is this the first instance in literature of sneezing being regarded as comic? After all, Aristophanes [the comedy playwright , see The Frogs etc] is the comedy relief throughout, hence all his stuff about original humans dancing around with four legs and two bottoms; so the hiccoughing and sneezing is a comic relief too.

Both hiccoughs and sneezes can be frightened away, and I seem to recall reading elsewhere that one can frighten away the other. It certainly makes a good excuse for inducing.....

• 5 weeks later...

I remember reading the whole Pure Dead series by Debi Gliori, and loved them. The main character, Titus, has a perma-cold (though I didn't care for that) and his sister has a priceless almost-sneezing-while-hiding bit in Deep Fear (I believe that was Pure Dead Frozen in America).

In the third book of the Septimus Heap trilogy by Angie Sage, Physik, two female characters have (rather unremarkable) triples, and there's lots of male sneezing in the fourth book, Queste, due to a goat allergy.

In the second book of the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix, Lirael, there was an un-descriptive but memorable one from the main (female) character due to pollen.

I read too much. Thankfully this leads to the odd sneezy gem. Hope this helps.

Jack of Hats IV, Officer in the 41st Line of Sneeze Fetishist Writers

I'll re-read my Stephen King collection shortly, I'll make a list of all the sneezing and sneeze-related talk in them for you. :bounce: But it does worry me though, Under the Dome had no sneezing in it. A Stephen King 1000-pager without any sneezing? Mr King must be slightly confused as ageing sets in. :lol:

Blood And Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause is a good one :bounce: The main character, Vivian, sneezes several times; the first time from dust under her bed and the second time she has a fit caused by the scent of lighter fluid :lol:

I remember reading the whole Pure Dead series by Debi Gliori, and loved them. The main character, Titus, has a perma-cold (though I didn't care for that) and his sister has a priceless almost-sneezing-while-hiding bit in Deep Fear (I believe that was Pure Dead Frozen in America).

Couldn't find it. If you can remember any key words (EXACT WORDS) from that part, you can search through the book on both Amazon and Google Books.

http://books.google.com/books?id=9WZ09eigB...ose&f=false

• 2 months later...

I'm reading this book, Across the Universe by Beth Revis, where evidently every sneeze has to be reported to this character, Doc (obviously the doctor). It's just a little throwaway mention, but I laughed at it and I want that job so badly.

Also, this book that I've been wanting to read forever (Delirium, by Lauren Oliver), evidently has a character with allergies so bad that he can't really spend time outside. I was waiting for the book for almost a year anyway, and now I'm basically going nuts. Urgh, I just hope it's not a huge disappointment...

I thought of another one, but couldn't remember if I'd already mentioned it. I don't see it, at any rate.

A kids' chapter book called The Girl With The Silver Eyes, by Willo Davis Roberts. The girl can move things by looking at them, and during a boring church sermon, makes the wind blow pollen inside, making everyone sneeze. The author details how the pastor looked confused, but then the girl made the wind blow some pollen up his nose to make him sneeze, too.

God, I wish I had a superpower like that. :laugh:

Has anyone read 'Inversions' by Iain M Banks? Male sneezing is not my thing, but some may be interested that there are several scenes where a major character sneezes violently, including one (if my memory serves me correctly) where the king's physician tries to catch her master's sneeze in a hankerchief for him!! Worth reading, fans of male sneezing.

PS. lots of other Iain (M) Banks' books contain sneezing. They are all pretty cool and well written. Enjoy! :laugh:

i just read the last continant by terry pratchett .... init the librarian (who is actually an orangutan atm) gets sick and keeps sneezing himself into other shapes...its abit fun :laugh:

Has anyone read 'Inversions' by Iain M Banks? Male sneezing is not my thing, but some may be interested that there are several scenes where a major character sneezes violently, including one (if my memory serves me correctly) where the king's physician tries to catch her master's sneeze in a hankerchief for him!! Worth reading, fans of male sneezing.

PS. lots of other Iain (M) Banks' books contain sneezing. They are all pretty cool and well written. Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Well, that's me off to the bookshop after work tomorrow... :bleh:

In one of the "Star Trek Next Generation" novels, "Boogeymen" by Mel Gilden, Data pretends to have a cold, and he sneezes once into a tissue. There's also an adorable bit of stuffy talk!

There is one in the inmortal novel "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor M. Dostoevsky. A girl wants to kill herself, so she jumps into the river. Shortly after she is rescued and sneezes from the cold.

That book has everything, I love it!

I'm currently writing a Novel that contains quite a few sneezes. :innocent:

The Dinotopia series (youth fiction about people living in some mysterious land alongside dinosaurs) had a book in which the girl was having allergy attacks all throughout. Can't remember the name though. But the series was somewhat popular, does anyone know it?

• 1 month later...

"Trick or Treat", "Overdue" and "Walk of the Spirits" by Richie Tankersley Cusick contain (male) sneezing. I love her books, they are great! And her characters are awesome, too!

Also, Julian Kestrel sneezes in "The Devil in Music" by Kate Ross. The Julian Kestrel books are all awesome! I had so much fun reading them and hoped for Julian to sneeze. When he finally did, I almost fainted! :P