Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movies That Scare You

a red nine

This is probably a really weird one, seeing as how it's not supposed to be a scary movie, and it's rather cheesy in it's oldness, but "Logan's Run" terrifies the life out of me. I've watched it a couple times, and hidden behind my fingers at some scenes. But movies that are supposed to be scary often don't scare me. Unless the "big bad" in them is a regular human being. There's nothing more terrifiying than human beings doing terrible things because the thought is always in the back of my mind: it COULD actually happen.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Shining.

Not that I watch many horror movies anyway because I'm a complete coward.

I LOVE THE SHINING

My Granny Made Me Watch iT :drool: And Its One Of My All Time Favourites...Still Need Ta Read the Book Though !

Im Thinking Saw Is The Scariest Thing Iv Ever Watched But I Only Watch The Traps So That Doesnt Really COunt..... :D

Movies that scare me..?

I think I have to say The Strangers.

A couple (of people, I'm not sure if they are a couple) go to a... cottage? Anyway, a house where there's not that many people around. Then three masked persons come there and stuff happenes. The thing is, unlike The Happening or The Ring or Grudge, this movie has a story that could be true and this movie is based on a true story.

I love The Strangers anyways. :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't like watching horror movies, they seem to either scare me too much (which is somewhat rare), or I find myself bored by them. Also, a movie/book geek, I get all picky about the plot (or lack thereof), dialouge, etc. Blood and cheap thrills alone do not make for decent viewing, IMO.

However, I literally did have to sleep with the lights on for a night or so after watching The Shining. The original Carrie was downright creepy and it took me a while to get to sleep after viewing that one. The first Paranormal Activity didn't scare me too much, but I just saw Paranormal Activity 2 last night, and that one did freak me out a bit. I'm usually the last one to go to bed in my house, and I really didn't like being in a darkened quiet house last night. :drool: Also, I do usually refuse to watch horror movies alone, even if I've seen them before.

I don't ever watch horror movies more than once, though I might make an exception for The Blair Witch Project, The Exorcist, and the Paranormal Activity movies. I found Blair and Exorcist to be delightfully unsettling movies, but neither of those really scared me. Oh, and I love the Alfred Hitchcock movies I've seen - the original Psycho is a classic. Dial M for Murder, The Rope, and Rear Window were good too, though I suppose most people would classify them as thriller movies, not horror.

The only movie that ever scared me was "Poltergeist". I must've been about ten years old when I saw it, it was on a riding camp. I loved horror movies back in those days, but I've always found "splatter movies" ridiculous, not the slightest bit scary. I liked "The sixth sense" and "The others" and movies of that kind, but I don't consider them scary. And lately, I've more or less stopped watching horror movies altogether, since nothing seem to tickle me anymore. I prefer a documentary or a smart thriller instead.

Oh man...you girls made me remember how fucking TERRIFIED I was watching Salem's Lot and Pet Semetary! The creepy sister in Pet Semetary? Oh my God, kill me now. And Strawberry, that scene you're talking about has screwed me up for the rest of my life. SO, SO scary. When I was a kid I once had this really bad fever and hallucinated...and saw that at my window.

Never, ever again... :wub:

OMG! The scenes with the sister tied on the bed in the attic scared me witless when I first saw them. Glad I am not alone in my Pet Semetary phobia... in fact, not too keen to be remembering it now actually as its dark and i'm alone... :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I hate scary movies but I'm always watching them and I get really paranoid afterwards :twisted: That Japanese movie, Premonition, and The Wicker Man always scare the life out of me (even though I dont think the Wicker Man was really a horror movie.....not sure)

I absolutely LOVE films that frighten me!!! :) (Well, at least the good ones :laugh: ) I can't remember the title exactly, but it was something along the lines of "The Horror of Hell House" that really made me jump! Also "Signs", I suppose it's more of a science fiction flic but......there are some really freaky parts in that movie. I can't watch it without screaming at certain scenes. :)

• 2 years later...

I find black and white films scar me more, especially the original the haunting, i don't tend to find modern ones that frightening, but then i don't scare that easily.

The list of movies that have frightened me at least for a moment is really long. But there is one movie I find exceptionally eerie.

It is seven minutes long film called

. There is no dialogue, and for the biggest part of it the only action going on is that man working on some wooden thing in a really dark room. And we don't find out what has he been working on until the very last seconds. It is gripping from the beginning 'til the end. Or I am the type of person who is easily impressed. I wouldn't know. :lol:

I highly recommend. :yes: (Rocky Horror fans and the people who had the possibility of watching the Channel 4 during early nineties will notice a familiar face. Yeah. :blushing:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I actually love horror movies, but the scariest movie I've ever seen isn't even a horror movie. :sweatdrop: It's Osmosis Jones. That movie freaking terrified me. *shudders*

Diseases really freak me (ironically) so "Quarantine" and "The Children" were pretty bad. I found "The Exorcist" a little boring because it looked so fake but overall I'm a wimp with horror films (not ones like Supernatural episodes though).

The original version of "Whistle And I'll Come To You", the Michael Horden version. God, it's creepy!

Diseases really freak me (ironically) so "Quarantine" and "The Children" were pretty bad. I found "The Exorcist" a little boring because it looked so fake but overall I'm a wimp with horror films (not ones like Supernatural episodes though).

If disease films freak you out, do not watch 'Contagion' ~shudder. It was a good film but oh so terrifying.

Pet Sematary and The Silence of the Lambs are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Pet Sematary was so scary that, the first time I watched it, I had to call a friend to come over to watch the rest of it with me because I was too scared to finish it.doh.gif Kind of embarrassing...

• 4 weeks later...

Any zombie movies, with the exception of the parodies. i.e.: Shawn of the Dead,etc.

If disease films freak you out, do not watch 'Contagion' ~shudder. It was a good film but oh so terrifying.

Every movie I've seen about killer diseases (Contagion, 28 Days Later, that stupid new Planet of the Apes movie, some scary Japanese movies whose titles I can't remember, etc.) has scared me more than any stereotypical horror movie.

Like I can't think of any movie in the horror genre that made me want to sleep with the lights on, but throw in some highly infectious fatal diseases and I'm up all night freaking out.

I found "The Exorcist" a little boring because it looked so fake but overall I'm a wimp with horror films (not ones like Supernatural episodes though).

I agree about "The Exorcist." :laugh: Probably because my parents built it up to be "the scariest movie you'll ever see!" and it just ended up being long and just mildly disturbing.

Honestly, and I know this is about movies, not TV shows, but "Courage the Cowardly Dog" is probably the scariest shit I've ever seen. Like seriously, what is this, this is supposed to be a children's show:

tumblr_m5so7fc9kx1qg1qbpo1_500.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Every movie I've seen about killer diseases (Contagion, 28 Days Later, that stupid new Planet of the Apes movie, some scary Japanese movies whose titles I can't remember, etc.) has scared me more than any stereotypical horror movie.

Like I can't think of any movie in the horror genre that made me want to sleep with the lights on, but throw in some highly infectious fatal diseases and I'm up all night freaking out.

I think it's because vicious pandemics are actually things that can/have happened in real life. The worst part is that after Contagion I went on the wikipedia about it just to look at info about it and I thought 'No, they'll be something from a top scientist saying it's all been exaggerated for film'. It turns out they consulted people from the CDC about it, so it's pretty realistic.

I think it's because vicious pandemics are actually things that can/have happened in real life.

That's exactly it. Also diseases are invisible (well, except for the symptoms people exhibit, which can be scary), whereas a lot of the "monsters" in these movies are shown at least once, and the minute I see some cheesy science fiction creature or alien or messed-up-looking person or creepy little Asian girl I'm totally not scared anymore. And ghost/haunting movies are generally a lot of objects bumping around the house/doors opening and slamming/people getting dragged out of bed, which does nothing for me.

Wow, I'm getting flipped out just reading this thread xD

My parents and I learned a long time ago that I can't watch scary stuff xD. I missed almost a week of school due to sleepless nights after a stint of ghost-explorer shows LOL. It was a bad decision on my part >w>..

The Sixth Sense is something I haven't seen from beginning to end, but the premise of the movie was made positive by the end. Like, the ending was sweet enough that I didn't mind the scariness afterwards and could sleep without fear.

But yeah, I can't watch anything that's supposed to be scary xD. I really wish I could, because the feeling of being afraid is really addictive and fun. Heart pounding, senses all alight~~.. But alas, my mind continues to turn the subjects long after the movie is over xD.

The Village was a movie I found upsetting, even though all my friends thought it wasn't scary at all. Blair Witch scared me out of camping deep in the woods xD. Ugh, I especially can't handle movies like Saw or something. Because all I can think about it is what I would do in that position, which is stressful LOL. Even movies like Taken I can't watch. Scary movies make me fear life, and it's hard to live like that. So I just don't watch.

But when I have someone to cling to, it's easier~

>w>~~

The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Brrrrrrrrr gives me the chills...

But that girl that plays Emily sure can act like an evil twisted devil. Kudos.

I usually laugh at horror movies, because it's not really my genre, and most of them are comically-bad.... but I will say that Evil Dead 2 genuinely scared the pants off me. That movie was just a total mindfuck from beginning to end.

Archived