Sneeze Fetish Forum

Simplicity - (3 Parts)

everest

So, I know that I owe a lot of people stories. Me writing this one doesn’t mean I’m giving up on them, or even slowing down, really. I just kind of want to write a story for myself, and this idea came into my head a little while ago. So now I’m just writing this when inspiration strikes, and when I get any new ideas for the other stories, I’ll write them down. Really, I’m just kind of going with the flow here. Hopefully that’s okay with you guys?

That being said, I hope you all like this new story I’m working on. School means I don’t have a lot of time for things I want to do, including writing, and like I mentioned earlier, I do have other things I’m working on, so updates may be slow. I have the next couple parts already written though, so I’ve got a bit of a head start.

Also, no sneezing yet. Just plot forming introduction stuff.

Anyways, enjoy!

Part one:

As a small town girl who just recently moved into a big city, Melanie Calvin tended to notice things other more adjusted people would just block out. The first thing that caught her attention when she first arrived in Detroit was the noise.

Car alarms and horns, sirens, and the occasional sounds of construction were among the many she’d heard, as well as once even a gunshot that sent her rushing home and left her on edge for the rest of the night. Melanie heard the message as loud as she had heard the bullet being shot from the gun: Detroit was a big city, with a high population, and as a result a high rate of crime.

Even so, she didn’t regret the move. Growing up, Melanie always felt that clawing need to get out, to leave her hometown in search of a fresh exciting place. Finally, at age 25, she was out. Detroit was her home now, and the fact that it wasn’t a cookie-cutter tourist village where the most adrenaline-inducing thing that ever happened was the tornado of ’04 was just all the better.

A collage graduate, she’d snagged herself a job at a marketing cooperation. Melanie, being new to the company, was not a real person. She could not be treated like a real person, or receive decent pay like a real person. She got coffee for others, never herself, and answered phones, taking messages for those above her, which apparently, was everyone. Why such a job required a résumé like the one she submitted, she’d never know.

As a non-real person, she did not have the luxury of returning home when she had worked all of her hours. No, Melanie almost always had to stay late, finishing other people’s work for them. It was the way of the world, and she wasn’t complaining… okay, so she was complaining a little. But, she knew that soon enough she would earn her place. Soon enough, there’d be a reason to believe coming to Detroit had been the right choice. She knew she made the right decision. It felt right. It had to be right.

Walking home from work, on one of the many late days, well past 9’o-clock, Melanie felt a bit uneasy. It was dark, and she was alone. Her flat was only a few blocks away, but still, the feeling would not leave her. Heels clicking against the sidewalk as she moved, tan wool button-down coat fanning out slightly behind her, Melanie felt her heart rate go up ever so slightly as she neared another alleyway. Nothing would happen. Nobody would be in there. With these thoughts in her mind, the woman brushed her short chestnut colored hair behind her ear and walked on.

She nearly had a heart attack when she saw the figure slumped against the wall.

Gasping, Melanie felt her body turn to ice. The cold, late-November wind bit around her, and she may have shivered, had she not been so terrified.

The figure, which she identified as a young man, moved his head in her direction. Melanie didn’t breath.

A good thirty seconds of silence passed between the two before Melanie concluded that the man wasn’t going to kill her. If he had intended to hurt her, he would probably have made a move by now, she reasoned. If he wasn’t the predator, did that mean he was the prey? Melanie slowly opened her mouth to speak, readying the words on her tongue.

“Are you… okay?” She couldn’t make out so much as a face on the man, let alone scan his body for injuries. But, the way he was sitting seemed strange, and she suddenly had a nagging suspicion something was very wrong.

The man’s deep voice startled her. “It’s late. You shouldn’t be out alone.”

Had she been less of a stubborn, independent, proud woman, she may have been further frightened hearing those words.

“And you shouldn’t be sitting in an empty alleyway alone!” Melanie burst out, immediately regretting the words. Her temper wasn’t something she was proud of, and it was in situations like these that it would be the death of her, literally. Melanie shuddered as the idea crossed her mind.

The man chuckled slowly, a bit of a pained groan following the act. “I’m not here by choice.” He stated.

“You’re hurt.” It wasn’t a question.

“I am a in a bit of a predicament.” Melanie noticed his words seemed overly forced, syllables coming out with longer pauses in between than one would consider normal.

“Can you move?”

In response, the man eased himself upward, leaning against the wall as he rose. As he stepped towards her, and she could better make out his form, Melanie pulled in a gasp.

He wasn’t wearing any clothes. Save for a pair of boxers, the man was completely naked. His muscled form was shaking, shivers coursing through his perfect body as the wind hit him. Melanie managed to bring her eyes up to his face, and found it was just as attractive as the rest of him. Dark brown hair fell over his thick brows, shockingly bright grey-blue eyes shining through the darkness. Her own chocolate-colored eyes met his for a brief moment, and then suddenly the man was falling towards the ground as his knees buckled.

Melanie stepped forward and caught him just before he hit the ground, lowering the man’s body to the concrete because she couldn’t support his weight.

“Guess not.” The man chuckled again.

“Are you laughing? Jesus.” Melanie stated. She tried not to think of the way the man’s sculpted form had felt in her arms. “What happened to you?” Her tone softened.

The man’s didn’t respond.

“Okay. Um…” Melanie stood up, pacing as she ran her hands through her hair. “Do you have a place to stay?”

“What?” He sounded confused.

“Well, you can’t just keep sitting there nearly naked on the street, can you? Do you have somewhere you can go?” She elaborated impatiently.

The man seemed to think for a moment. When he answered, the word was soft, hesitant. “No.”

Melanie bent down. “Then I guess you’re coming home with me.” Her words came out sounding much stronger then she felt, authority ringing through them.

“With you?” The man sounded doubtful.

“Yes, with me. Where you planning on some other person to show up and take you home? Maybe a blonde, wearing about as much clothing as you are?”

“No.”

“Then you’re coming home with me.” She repeated, bending down and taking his arm, surprising herself with her boldness. “I live a few blocks from here. Hopefully, with my help, you’ll manage?”

The man nodded slowly, surprised and defeated. He let Melanie pull him up off the ground, and wrap one of his arms around her shoulder.

“By the way,” He said, as they slowly moved forward.

“Hmm?” She asked, forcing herself not to think of how gorgeous the man was. There were more important things to be worrying about than her romantic life at the moment.

“I prefer brunettes.”

------

Tbc

I hope you guys liked it, and that it wasn't inappropriate or anything. I'm like, 90% sure it's fine, but I feel like all the half-nakedness might have been a little borderline. I didn't mean for it to be suggestive or anything, so I *think* I'm just over thinking this. The next parts are less out there, I promise. :blink:

Umm... anyway... tell me what you thought!

*Squeals* Another Everest fic! :blink:

Your writing is so good that I don't mind if you don't have any sneezes in it. You've set up the story very nicely and I can't wait for the next part.

I love it. :rolleyes:

O_O WOW. This is fantastic already. Even if there was absolutely no sneezing in this entire story, I would definitely read it. It's extremely intriguing. Great work! I want more!!! :blink:

I really love your descriptions and plot line, don't worry about the lack of sneezing, great story :blink:

I liked it, that's for sure :wub::laugh::wub:

I didn't even notice there was no sneezing, as the writing was so good!

I definitely don't think there was anything inappropriate about the bare skin, as his privates were kept... private haha :laugh:

Anyways, I'd love to read more!!!!!!! :laugh::twisted::sillybounce:

Like the others who have come before me I would have read this even if there were going to be no sneezes. It sounds like it is is going to be quite the interesting story and I am already hooked. I cannot wait to read more and find out exactly how he got into his predicament. =D

A fascinating start, please do continue!

I hope you guys liked it, and that it wasn't inappropriate or anything.

No, it's fine. Near nakedness does not equal sexual.

this is so good-- the atmosphere of being free and at the same time being a non-person (i've been the dirt on the wall often enough). but the predicament, to stumble across a half naked stranger! this is a lovely mix of the real and surreal.

I love you all so much. Seriously, I can't believe how many of you liked this! To all of you who are curious about why the man was in such a situation, I'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit longer. Sorry, but I promise, all will be revealed in time. :blush: Also, this part is actually pretty heavy on the sneezing, which hopefully makes up for the lack of it in the last part (and the part after this one :unsure:)

Enjoy!

Part two:

“Thank you.” He told her, as Melanie led him into her flat. It was a lucky break, her living arrangements. She could only just barely afford it, and sometimes, when her rent was far overdue, an occasional check from her parents was what let her keep the flat. Melanie didn’t like, or rather, absolutely hated having those sorts of attachments to her life back home, the place she was so desperate to leave, but it was better than a microscopic three-room apartment with mold growing on the ceiling.

“Of course.” She responded. The flat was of decent size, with a spacious living room equipped with a flat screen TV (not too big, of course) a tan couch, two armchairs, and a modern-looking coffee table sitting on top of a fashionable rug. The kitchen wasn’t significant, but it was large enough, and had several appliances that would not be found in a miniscule apartment, and that Melanie was grateful for. She wasn’t one for the microwave, preferring, even though she had so little time, a fully cooked meal.

Cooking relaxed her. When Melanie was preparing a dish, she could have everything the way she wanted; it was all in her control. She could make things as complex as she pleased, adding spices and side-dishes, appetizers and desserts. Such elaborate meals were best made for others, and not only herself, but she seldom had visitors.

“I, um… would it be alright if I used your shower?” The man spoke through chattering teeth.

“Oh, yes, I’m sorry.”

He nodded, stiffly moving in the direction Melanie pointed. She made a move to help him, but he stopped her. “I think I can manage.”

She backed off. It was right before he opened the door to the room that she stopped him. “Again, I’m really sorry… but could you at least tell me your name? Seeing as you’re staying here, and everything, I just-“ Christ, was she still talking? Ugh. Melanie hated people who babbled, and now she’d become one of them.

“No, I understand.” He cut her off, before she could embarrass herself further. “I’m… ihh!... I’m sorry, I have t…hi’ih… to sne… hih!” He brought his fist up to cover his nose, breath coming out in quivering gasps. For a split second, all was still, the man’s head tilted backwards slightly, narrowed lids covered with thick lashes fluttering over his eyes as he struggled. And then, it came.

“hi’Esch’iuh!” As he was thrown forward, the sound escaped his lips, reaching Melanie’s ears like a note of highly-desired music. She found herself fascinated with him, watching his every move like a hawk. She snapped out of it, however, when she heard the low groan of pain that followed.

The man was now leaning against her wall, eyes squeezed shut with a hand wrapped around his trim, uncovered midsection. His breathing was shallow, as it had been just before the sneeze, but in contrast to the previous instance, it was deliberately even, an obvious effort to moderate the pain he was experiencing.

Melanie felt a pang of sympathy for this man she knew nothing of; she wanted to help him, to take away his pain. At the same time, however, she found herself unable to rid her memory of the sound of that sneeze. It was so perfect, so incredibly wonderful sounding, and she found herself wishing for more. But, her own odd wants and desires were irrelevant at the moment.

Besides, it was unlikely that there would be another. It had probably been a stray sneeze, a reaction to the freezing temperatures or something similar. But maybe, just maybe, he was coming down with a cold. The way that idea appealed to Melanie was incredible, and she immediately felt guilty.

She had to focus, on something other than how ridiculously good-looking the man before her was.

“Are you all right?” Yes. There it was. A normal question, something to be expected after the series of events that had just occurred.

The man slowly recovered, turning towards her. “Yes. I’m fine. My name, as I was saying, is Alex.”

“Alex.” Melanie repeated, as if testing it. “I’m Melanie.” She paused. “You can call me Mel.”

“Nice to meet you, though it could have been under better circumstances.” Alex shivered, cracking a slight smile as he replied, and nodding his head to her before entering the bathroom. Melanie was about to relax when the door opened again, his head poking out.

“I don’t have any clothes.” He sounded deeply embarrassed.

Yeah, she noticed that. “I’ll see if I can find you anything to wear.”

Rummaging through her closet, Melanie managed to find a button down shirt she had stolen from an old boyfriend whom she’d broken things off with long before she moved to the city, as well as a pair of sweats. The styles clashed, but she didn’t really have a wide variety of men’s clothing in her flat. The fact that she found what she did was a surprise to Melanie. She could have sworn she’d gotten rid of those clothes.

Folding them and setting them outside the bathroom door, Melanie walked into her living room, relaxing on the couch. For the first time that night, it all started sinking in.

She had invited a complete stranger in to her home. Sure, he had given her his name. Of course, for all Melanie knew, he could have made that up. But, really! What was a man like that doing in the middle of an alley, bruised and beaten? He hardly seemed the type to fall victim to that sort of thing.

That really was the question, wasn’t it? What the hell happened to him!?

Taking a deep breath, Melanie picked up the remote to the TV. Her thumb hovered over the on button, about to press down, when she froze.

“Ah’estch’uh! Eitsch’iuh! Huh… Hu’GSSht! Ah’TSHuh!”

The sneezes echoed from her bathroom, loud enough that Melanie could hear them as if Alex were sitting next to her.

Each sneeze was wet and heavy, and she could hear his exhaustion creeping into each one. It lit her senses on fire, and suddenly, TV forgotten, she listened intently for more.

A few seconds passed, and then a few more, and even more after that. That must have been the end of it. Melanie let herself relax, breathing slowly.

“Hi’ETSCH’oo!”

Breath caught in her throat, Melanie suddenly tensed up again. Forcing herself to relax, her thumb finally pressed down, turning on the TV.

She had to get over herself, move on. Fantasizing about things that would never happen was a waste of time, and a waste of character. No, Melanie would not let herself fall to this man.

-------

Tbc!

I hope you all liked this part as much as you liked the last!

I believe that I am falling in love with Alex myself. I am a bit disappointed that it will be a little while till we find out what was got him into his predicament. However this chapter more than made up for the wait. =3

Oooh, I love the way you've set this up and the story so far is very intriguing! :( I'm looking forward to the next bit...

Aaaaand I'm back, with more story! :twisted: It's been a while, I know. School and the fun work that comes with it like to dominate my time. Also, I'm sort of lazy. :P For this, I am sorry.

I love you all so, so much. Really, I do. You people give me praise that I hardly deserve, and for that, I am thankful. :wub:

Part three:

Alex cleared his throat behind her, and Melanie jumped, turning around to see him leaning against the wall behind her. He was wearing the clothes she had given him, looking out of place. His hair was disheveled, cheeks pink… probably just from the shower. He did look exhausted though, and Melanie spoke up.

“You can sit down, you know.” She watched him expectantly. He hesitated, but the Alex made his way to the sitting area Melanie was in. His walk was stiff, and he seemed to be holding an expression of pain on his face as he moved.

Poor thing.

He chose to sit in one of the armchairs, easing himself down so slowly that he reminded her of her mother when she was pregnant with Melanie’s youngest sister. That was years ago, but she remembered it still; the way her mom was always so gentle, careful not to harm the living thing she was housing inside of her. It was a fond memory. Those were so rarely made these days when it came to her and her mother.

Still, the connection between Alex and a pregnant woman was enough to make Melanie giggle a bit. If Alex noticed, he didn’t say anything.

Melanie, growing more serious, was the first to speak.

“So, are you going to tell me what happened to you?”

He hesitated. “I got hurt.”

“No, really? I thought just now you were trying to act like a pregnant lady.” The words came out before Melanie could stop them.

“I… a pregnant… what!?” Alex asked, having no idea what had just gone through her mind.

“Nothing, forget about it.” She told him. He relaxed. “Except,” Melanie continued, and Alex tensed up again. “I still want to know what happened.”

She glanced over at him, and watched the man as he struggled. His head was down, avoiding her eyes, and he was fidgeting his hands. He shifted his position slightly, not entirely holding back a wince.

“I can understand why you want to know.” He spoke suddenly. “But-“

He was cut off by the sound of a harsh wind outside. It howled angrily, causing the windows of her building to rattle a bit as it protested being stopped by the structure. Just as soon as the gust calmed, it was followed by another, even more vicious than the first. Suddenly, they heard hard splatter of fat raindrops pounding into the side of the building as the wind blew them horizontal.

“Damn.” Melanie said. “Bet you’re glad you aren’t out in that right now.”

Alex said nothing. He seemed to shiver slightly, keeping his eyes glued to the floor, locking his fingers together in his lap. His fingers, though now intertwined, flexed against his skin, pressing into the flesh slightly. He probably didn’t expect that Melanie would notice, but she did.

“I’m sorry.” She said suddenly. It was enough to make Alex look up at her.

“For what?”

“For pushing you to talk about things you don’t want to talk about.”

Alex sighed quietly. “No, I get that you want to know. I don’t blame you.” Though he said the words, any explanation of what had happened to him was kept silent.

What was she doing? Here was this man, whom she’d found on the freaking street, and taken in like a stray dog. She didn’t run a homeless shelter. But, then, she didn’t even know that Alex was homeless.

“Okay. Um…” She had stood up, pacing. “Do you have a place to stay?”

“What?” He'd sounded confused.

“Well, you can’t just keep sitting there nearly naked on the street, can you? Do you have somewhere you can go?” She elaborated impatiently.

The man seemed to think for a moment. When he answered, the word was hesitant. “No.”

Okay, so maybe he was homeless, Melanie thought as she remembered what he’d said earlier that night. He certainly didn’t look the part; she couldn’t help but think, but even so still considering the notion. Why would someone hurt a homeless man? Melanie shook her head, disgusted. There were all types of people out there, some of them absolutely horrible characters.

She let her gaze fall on Alex. He was back to staring at the floor. The man was tall, though he didn’t look it at the moment, sitting there all hunched over. His broad shoulders remained firm, a result of his discomfort. A slight cough escaped him, and he pulled his body in slightly as the action hurt him. He looked pitiful.

Melanie was brought back to her previous comparison of him to a stray dog. The injured hound shook his hair out of his eyes, a small noise of discomfort following the movement. He pawed at his nose, and then after that sat incredibly still.

A little bit strange, incredibly mysterious… Alex was definitely interesting. He had a story locked behind those grey eyes. The wind continued to howl outside, and Melanie found herself with mixed feelings. God only knew what the coming storm would bring.

-----

Tbc

For those of you who are wondering, you'll learn about what happened to Alex in one-two parts, three at the most. A bit of a ways away, I know, but... fluff is fluffy. :D

Archived