Sneeze Fetish Forum

Awesome movies!

Lynne

Too many favorites to name, but here are a few:

"The King of Comedy"- one of Robert DeNiro's earlier, lesser-known performances as a struggling comedian

"Stay Tuned"- an older movie starring John Ritter where he and his family get stuck in TV-land, and one of the shows is "Three's Company." The dance scene toward the end with Salt & Pepa makes the whole movie worthwhile IMO.

"Falling Down"- my go-to movie whenever I'm feeling stressed out/had it up to here with modern life

"Moving"- probably my favorite Richard Pryor movie

"She's So Lovely"- another great, underrated love triangle with Sean Penn and John Travolta. Again, the ending is particularly epic. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

"Back to the Future" series-- because anything involving TIME TRAVEL is insanely cool to me. And "Demolition Man", because it has time travel AND Wesley Snipes. Double Win! :sweat:

"Anchorman"- because the jazz flute scene is hysterical

And when it comes to cheesy comedies, anything by the Zuckers Bros (Airplane, Kentucky Fried Movie, The Naked Gun) and Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, etc) are instant classics in my book.

There are a bunch more, I'll just add them as they come...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one for action movies normally, but "Inception" is one of my favorite movies EVER. So freaking amazing, it's kind of hard to even describe lol.

Also just saw the new "Green Hornet" with Seth Rogen, that was pretty funny :sweat:

Man, I can't think of too many others right now... I need to see more xD

Catfish - It is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. It was interesting and quirky and I loved it.

Inception - Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy, and Leo DiCaprio? And stunning effects? And a Hans Zimmer score? And directed by Nolan? It's brilliant.

Amelie - Quirky, silly, wistful. It's my favorite movie ever of all time. Hits pretty close to home.

Amadeus - Second favorite. I could watch the director's cut of this movie forever and never get bored. I want to jump in and nurse Tom Hulce back to health every time. :twisted:

The Fountain - Haunting story, haunting score. I can't watch it very often, though, because I'm a sobbing rest for hours afterwards.

Contact - A lot of people hated this movie, but I looooooove it. It's also the only movie about aliens that doesn't scare the crap outta me.

Little Miss Sunshine: Because I've lived it, and I love the way the dysfunctional family pulls together

I love this movie. The grandpa was hillarious! And Steve Carrell was great, not to mention looked very, very good. :yes:

The King's Speech. Beautiful. :pile:

From the top of my head...

Juno

The Sword in the Stone

Wuthering Heights

Becoming Jane

Pride and Prejudice

Sense and Sensibility

Snowcake

Truly madly deeply

Howl's moving castle

Spirited away....

I have a weakness for French films, and of them I would name....

Un amour de Swann [just for Jeremy Irons's clothes, especially when without trousers]

Cyrano de Bergerac [1990 Depardieu version]

Les Visiteurs [which no non-French people find funny]

Milou en Mai, and let's face it, almost everything directed by Louis Malle or of course Eric Rohmer.

And of course the great thing about these films is that they really do dispel the lies told by the French that France is NOT the most hierarchical and class-ridden society in the known universe.

Cyrano de Bergerac [1990 Depardieu version]

Vincent Perez!!! :cry:

Which reminds me. La reine Margot. Not only for the music, but for the sex, violence and melodrama too!

Okay, prepare yourself... :lol:

Shawshank Redemption (best movie I ever saw).

Poltergeist

Poltergeist II: The Other Side

The Arn-movies

Overboard

Private Benjamin

1st Wives' Club

The Calendar Girls

Witches of Eastwick

Lord of The Rings-trilogy

Excalibur

The Mists of Avalon

The Mummy

Day After Tomorrow

Independence Day

Mask (the one with Cher)

Planet of The Apes (original)

Apollo 13

Seabiscuit

The Green Mile

The Mist

Misery

Stand By Me

Dolan's Cadillac

In a Dark Place

The Vanishing

Suspect

Silkwood

Mothman Prophecies

The Horse Whisperer

The Queen

Dirty Dancing

The Big Lebowski

et cetera.... :lol:

Paul

i went to see it yesterday and it is so funny!!!!

Paul's out already?! I SO want to see this!

I forgot one...

Dolores Claiborne.

Kathy Bates acts the shit out of the rest of the crew, despite not being anywhere near the Dolores Claiborne I thought I knew when reading the book... that movie is slow and depressing and sad... and amazingly well acted. :D

I love...

Fight Club

Little Miss Sunshine

Lars and the Real Girl

Art School Confidential

Love Actually

The Social Network

Clueless

Finding Nemo

The Emperor's New Groove

Monsters Inc.

Toy Story

Forrest Gump

Phonebooth

The Silence of the Lambs

Taken

Arlington Rpad

W.

Poltergiest 1 and 2

The Devil Wears Prada

Bless the Child

Zodiac

Jesus Camp

Supersize Me

Wordplay (mostly for Jon and Bill's crossword puzzle geinus)

Spaceballs! May the Schwartz be with you!

Blazing Saddles

Young Frankenstein

Robin Hood Men in Tights

All of the James Bond movies

Die Hard series

Bourne series

The original Gone in 60 Seconds (1974 Toby Halicki)

The Worlds Fastest Indian

Princess Bride (the only love story I've seen with enough action to keep a guy awake)

And now to be more serious lest you think that I am a Action/Sci Fi junkie (okay so I am)

Defiance

The History Channel documentary on the Bielski Brothers (I DARE you to watch these and not cry)

• 2 weeks later...

Does mini-series count? Because I strongly dislike Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, while I LOVE the miniseries The Shining!!

Catfish - It is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. It was interesting and quirky and I loved it.

YES! I loved this movie. I went to the theater knowing nothing about it except that it's best to watch it while having no prior knowledge about it. >:D It was awesome.

And I have to agree with everyone who said Little Miss Sunshine. The scene where the horn won't stop honking damn near makes me piss myself laughing no matter how many times I watch it! I saw this one in the theater with my mom, and I walked out with mascara tears streaks down my cheeks from laughing so hard.

I just watched 30 Days of Night and I really liked it! Even if I don't usually like horror... :whoo: But it was visually sooo good and also great dramatic scenes and nice, effectively used violence. :shutup:

Archived