Sneeze Fetish Forum

Weight Loss/Fitness Support!

Anonymouse

Don't apologize at all for reviving this! I haven't been sticking to my fitness plan very well. :(

That's interesting though! We have this machine at my school gym called Jacob's Ladder. It's basically a treadmill ladder at a 45 degree angle that you keep climbing until you get tired. I never tried it but my one friend said he was exhausted after five minutes.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh I should join this thread <3. But I don't now how successful I will be, haha. I eat right (well, probably lacking a bit of protein...) and exercise every day (weight training has been a bit lacking lately though.. need to do more of it but my new gym is a bit intimidating) but in order to lose weight I have to eat few enough calories to qualify as in the anorexic zone. Physically, I'm usually ok with that, but mentally it makes me nervous.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't apologize at all for reviving this! I haven't been sticking to my fitness plan very well. sadsmiley.gif That's interesting though! We have this machine at my school gym called Jacob's Ladder. It's basically a treadmill ladder at a 45 degree angle that you keep climbing until you get tired. I never tried it but my one friend said he was exhausted after five minutes.
Sounds like fun.cool.png Since it's now too cold to ride outdoors I'm stuck with the indoor bike, which I hate.mad.gif [tho I have a spinning tape that gives a really good workout.]

Yeah stationary bike is not the same at all. I only do it if all the treadmills and ellipticals are taken. :P

Well, I weighed myself at work today (medical scale, so it's super accurate). I'm sad to say I have gotten up to 137, which means in the past two years I've gained 20 pounds, and for me being 5'2, that is alot. I have been looking through some recent pictures of myself on facebook and can definitely see it, and just looking at myself I can see I've gotten much bigger than i should be. I downloaded an app on my phone that's a calorie counter my friend recommended, I put in all my info and it has my daily intake as 1300 calories. So I'm gonna try to start exersicing at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes, and keep myself in my calorie limit. Several of you say counting calories works wonders and I hope you're right, I'm gonna use this thread to kinda hold myself accountable. I want to lose 20 pounds by next summer, that's a reasonable goal right? (although I want to lose fat and build a little muscle, so the number on the scale might not drop that much, but whatever)

I lost a few pounds for no obvious reason this autumn ( blink.png ), and now there's this jacket that I have, that I can almost fit into... and I really want to make it there. It would take about one clothes size if it's to be comfortable, but I think I can do it. Sadly, starting before Christmas is kind of a bummer, but then again, I usually eat less over Christmas because the food and candy we eat as a tradition isn't really my cup of tea, so I might be able to get a good head start.

Problem is, I've found out lately that I'm not afraid of failing, I'm actually more afraid of succeeding, which is why I subconsciously sabotage for myself. I don't want to destroy this. I really don't. It's a damn nice jacket and I want to wear it. It was expensive, too. >< So... cheer me on, guys? unsure.pngheh.gif

Yeah stationary bike is not the same at all. I only do it if all the treadmills and ellipticals are taken. tonguesmiley.gif

Actually I use a bike trainer that attaches to the back wheel of my bike. I'll try and download a photo at a later date.

P.S. I might actually break 200 lbs on the bench press for the first time.weight_lift2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I hope everyone's keeping up the awesome work! I just came here to say that I just got around to playing the Zumba Fitness game for Wii that my mom got me for my birthday in November and it's ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I thought it was going to be a toned down version of the Zumba classes my college offered but it's probably just as intense (and that was only on intermediate - I can't wait to try expert). I was smiling like an idiot the whole time too, because it's just so freaking fun. I'm probably going to alternate it with running outside every other day (depending on the weather - the whole reason I decided to hook up the Wii and finally try this game in the first place was because it was WAY too freaking cold out to run.)

Speaking of running, I don't remember if I mentioned here about how I decided to go for a run a week or two ago. It was pouring rain and freezing so I thought hey, why not go for a run? :D I had a t-shirt and workout pants on. I didn't wear a jacket because I thought that running would keep my temperature up. WRONG. I was absolutely freezing the entire time and my ears got so cold from the wind that I had a headache for the rest of the day. I managed to stay out for half an hour before dragging my defeated ass home like a drowned rat.

So getting the zumba game! I took zumba for a little while and loved it, but then they started wanting to charge 20 dollars a class!

The calorie counter wasn't a good idea for me due to my history with anorexia (it made it so easy to starve myself). I've decided I'm going to start working out and eating healthier and try to tone my stomach some but I'm not going to keep trying to be super thin and try to accept that I can still be pretty even if I'm not a twig. However the calorie counter app is wonderful for anyone who is interested, it's called my fitness pal (I got it on my iphone and I'm sure you can get it on any droids as well) and it is really nifty.

Hope everyone is doing good!

I've been starting to count calories in a way I never thought I'd count these bastards. It's like counting words on a story I'm writing nowadays... only backwards. Scary!

Still big as a f**cking mountain, but give me a break guys, it is Christmas time and I'm on the rag... :wallbash:

• 3 months later...

I've been starting to count calories in a way I never thought I'd count these bastards. It's like counting words on a story I'm writing nowadays... only backwards. Scary!

Still big as a f**cking mountain, but give me a break guys, it is Christmas time and I'm on the rag... wallbash.gif

Does anyone else gain like five pounds when they have their period? I always step on the scale and gasp because I'm suddenly five pounds heavier. Then the next day I get my period, then when it's over the weight goes away. I'm assuming it's water weight or whatever, but it's still shocking and I'm always relieved when it goes away.

Reviving this to ask if anyone has suggestions for workout music? Running's a lot more fun when I've got something fast-paced to listen to. My iPod's usually on shuffle, so sometimes I get a bunch of slow or moderate speed songs in a row, so I'm making a playlist specifically for working out. I'm trying to find the songs they play at my Zumba classes but most of them are in another language so it's hard. :laugh: If anyone has suggestions for songs that get them pumped up, let me know! I just downloaded "Let Me Think About It" (Ida Corr vs. Fedde le Grand) because I've been hearing it in Zumba and it's a great song to sweat to.

Reviving this to ask if anyone has suggestions for workout music? Running's a lot more fun when I've got something fast-paced to listen to. My iPod's usually on shuffle, so sometimes I get a bunch of slow or moderate speed songs in a row, so I'm making a playlist specifically for working out. I'm trying to find the songs they play at my Zumba classes but most of them are in another language so it's hard. laughing.gif If anyone has suggestions for songs that get them pumped up, let me know! I just downloaded "Let Me Think About It" (Ida Corr vs. Fedde le Grand) because I've been hearing it in Zumba and it's a great song to sweat to.

Welle:erdball. :yes: Especially the songs "Nyntaendo Schock", "Es Geht Voran" and "Monoton Und Minimal".

pandora has a pretty killer workout station, thats my go- to. Also Shakira, Gaga, and French Techno. French Techno makes you run faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the music suggestions! I've been running outside because it's finally nice enough to do so, and I run for longer spurts of time when I've got something nice and upbeat playing.

TheDeadOne, thanks for sharing that! I love using YouTube but I haven't in a while. I used to do a pilates video every day, I think the username was SparkPeople something.

Oh God. It's 86 degrees here. Just went for an hourlong jog. Ice water with lemon = SO REFRESHING.

Archived