Sneeze Fetish Forum

Weight Loss/Fitness Support!

Anonymouse

Mono kicked my ass. I went from doing 45 minutes of cardio a day and lifting weights three times a week to diddly squat when I got sick back in February. Between being sick, having the most stressful semester of my college career, and now coming home to a house full of bread and cheese (stuff I try to avoid buying for myself at school), I feel like a blob. I actually lost weight from not eating while I was sick, but I feel like my body went from toned and streamlined to an amorphous blob. Just in time for summer. :clover: The lifeguard-with-a-hot-bod stereotype is very disappointed in me.

I use CalorieCount(.com) because after years of working out and keeping a food diary, using that site is the only thing that's actually helped my weight go down. I'm short so every pound matters and I'm technically overweight, though I have a lot of muscle too. They have message boards on CalorieCount but they're not very active. I was wondering, since I come here everyday, multiple times a day, if anyone here would be interested in being weight loss/fitness buddies. :) I've found myself skipping out on workouts a couple times in the past few weeks so I could loaf around on the computer (specifically this site :nerd:) instead, and I think it would help to have someone else (or multiple someones!) here to hold me accountable, and vice versa.

Not to mention I love the people on this board. Of all my years of lurking around on the internet I've decided that this place has some of the nicest people on the web (perhaps even in real life too :sleepysmiley03:). So if anyone is looking to lose weight or just live a healthy lifestyle then join me! I'd like to share exercise tips and healthy recipes and fun stuff like that.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh goodness. I would love to do it with you. I want to say yes I will. And I'm all for the fitness part, but I think every single tooth in my head is a sweet tooth, so that's a problem :lol:

About a year ago I went on an antidepressant that really increased my appetite, and that combined with the depression itself caused me to gain about 10 lbs. All in my stomach. And like you, I'm short, so that is alot. I really want to do something about it, especially since I feel my depression creeping back up on me, and exercising would help. So I'm definitely up for it, I'll just have to work hard at the food part. I'm off meds at the moment and I want it to stay that way.

I wanna lose weight too- specifically the stupid little pot belly I have developed in the past few months. Not sure if I would be able to provide any exercise or diet tips, but I'll certainly be cheering you on.

*whooooo*

:clapping::lol::showoff::whip:

Actually this sounds like a fun topic, I will at least read. I'm not exactly sporty but I try to get some healthy habits to stick. I have never and will never be streamlined but I don't really care either; I just want to be healthy and comfortable. I also know that regular exercise helps me with managing my mental health.

My BMI is currently at 25 and even if I have some muscle it must be really just mostly fat, as I have a very small frame. I'd love to have it back to 24 like it was last summer, but then again, I'm trying to not to worry about it too much. I really want to learn to manage managing weight without obsessing or completely letting myself go, but somethin in between!

Actually this sounds like a fun topic, I will at least read. I'm not exactly sporty but I try to get some healthy habits to stick. I have never and will never be streamlined but I don't really care either; I just want to be healthy and comfortable. I also know that regular exercise helps me with managing my mental health.

My BMI is currently at 25 and even if I have some muscle it must be really just mostly fat, as I have a very small frame. I'd love to have it back to 24 like it was last summer, but then again, I'm trying to not to worry about it too much. I really want to learn to manage managing weight without obsessing or completely letting myself go, but somethin in between!

I could have written this. Well, minus the numbers and the part about having a small frame. *laugh*

I recently picked up running again, and I would love to have somebody cheering for me to actually get my arse out of the door and run my 40 - 60 minutes three times a week. I'll gladly cheer back in return!

kilala, I went through the same thing. I went on Lexapro and probably gained twenty pounds. My therapist tried to play it off but it was making me feel even worse about myself, so I got off it and I haven't been on anything since. Working out floods your body with endorphins which probably isn't as powerful as an anti-depressant but it really does make you feel happier. It sucks working out, especially if you're not used to it, but after a few days of consistently exercising I found myself actually starting to crave it. Once you manage to fit it into your schedule and make it routine it gets easier.

As for the sweet tooth, I like chocolate. A lot. :showoff: So I've been buying Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate squares and omg they're so good. I'll eat one and wait and then see if I'm still craving chocolate, and if I am I'll have one more and be done. They're only like 45 calories each and I eat them slooowly lol. Also, mandarin oranges. Those little Dole cups are awesome (except they always splash me with juice when I try to open them :lol:)

Skiffy, haha thanks! I love the work-out smilies, I didn't even know those existed. :whip: This forum has the best selection of smilies ever.

pig, I agree with the not obsessing thing. I do the calorie count thing out of habit now, just to make sure I'm not getting too out of control, though it does make me feel a little obsessive, trying to track every little thing I ate throughout the day. It's helpful though because it shows which nutrients you still need or had too much of, like if you still need a little more vitamin A for the day or had too high a percentage of carbs. Once I get down to my target weight I might just try and wing it, without using the calorie tracker, just to see if I can manage on my own.

Health is all that matters. I read an article about some guy who ate 1500 calories of junk food a day and lost a lot of weight because when you're losing weight, calories are all that matter. But if you want to be healthy those calories need to come from healthy things (obviously). I just find it amazing that 1500 calories of Twinkies and 1500 of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and protein can make you lose the same amount of weight. Of course one body will probably look a lot flabbier than the other one. :clapping:

VoOs, running is awesome! I've found that it melts the fat right off my hips. The bikes and the ellipticals don't do that. Running is magical. :heart:

I'm glad this got a positive response! Hooray health!

I would love to join, if you all are still accepting. I've been doing pretty well since December, (I've lost 40 pounds so far, but have a LOOOONG way to go still) but now that a lot has changed in my life in a very short period of time I haven't been working out or cooking for myself the way I should. If I had someone I could be accountable to that would help.

Good lord, I should join this. I think I'm an amorphous blob too. Ever since my last surgery, I've been so lazy and careless about everything. Food, alcohol, exercise... Blah. I just gave up. Somehow I managed to only gain 3 lbs, but that doesn't change the fact that I'd like to lose about a million. My SO probably doesn't want me to lose any weight. In fact, I think he'd prefer it if I gained some. I think size-wise, I'm kind of average. I might like myself more if I was... um, less average? :lol: Honestly, I'd rather stay a little soft and curvy. It makes me feel all femme and stuff. Like, if I could go from a size 12 to a 10 I'd be cool.

My biggest problem is that I fucking hate most exercise. Unless it's swimming. And since it's like 104 today it wasn't a problem to get a few laps in. But god help me if I'm expected to lift weights! It's so tedious and boring that I just can't muster the will to stick with it. I think I need my own personal drill sergeant.

...see my latest blog entry for details, but I'm in! I use the website sparkpeople.com (totally awesome food counter with almost every imaginable food item already entered for you and you can custom track other nutrients). On the site you also get points toward trophies, can set non-food related goals, make graphs and charts of your progress over time and they have really really active message boards and teams, including "challenge" teams with specific goals. When I was active on there I easily lost weight at a healthy 1-2 pounds/week while still eating ~1800-2000 calories a day because I was motivated, eating mostly healthy things and exercising often. I've slowly let it creep back up but I just restarted on the website and joined the fitness center at work.

Good luck to all! It's so hard to do what's good for you sometimes (most times) :lol:

kilala, I went through the same thing. I went on Lexapro and probably gained twenty pounds. My therapist tried to play it off but it was making me feel even worse about myself, so I got off it and I haven't been on anything since. Working out floods your body with endorphins which probably isn't as powerful as an anti-depressant but it really does make you feel happier. It sucks working out, especially if you're not used to it, but after a few days of consistently exercising I found myself actually starting to crave it. Once you manage to fit it into your schedule and make it routine it gets easier.

As for the sweet tooth, I like chocolate. A lot. :whip: So I've been buying Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate squares and omg they're so good. I'll eat one and wait and then see if I'm still craving chocolate, and if I am I'll have one more and be done. They're only like 45 calories each and I eat them slooowly lol. Also, mandarin oranges. Those little Dole cups are awesome (except they always splash me with juice when I try to open them :lol:

Yup, that's the one I was on too, and it did the same thing to me and also it made me feel like a zombie, I didn't feel depressed, I just felt numb. I went on wellbutrin next but it made me so sick to my stomach all the time and I couldn't sleep and that just made me miserable, so I've been trying my hardest to be done with it. Working out always makes me feel great, the hardest part for me is my schedule at work changes every week, but I always have at least two days off so it shouldn't be too bad.

I agree those are delicious. My weakness is ice cream. I don't know if you have a coldstone creamery where you live, but Oh my God. If I manage to stay out of there for a whole week it's a miracle. I've been eating more frozen yougurt, and eating fruit with it, and I feel like that's a good compromise. I had a healthy lunch today and then I walked/jogged 1 and a half miles. It's a good start I guess.

DaylightStarr, No, please join us! I'll take a million fitness buddies. :laugh: This is just going to be a thread where we can just talk about how we're feeling about our progress or whatever, like if you want to vent about binging or share an accomplishment like running for a few miles straight without stopping. It really helps to have support. But wow, awesome job losing forty already! :laugh: Hopefully we can all keep each other on track.

VFP, I'm curvy too and my boyfriend told me that if I lost my ass he'd break up with me. :lol: Swimming is great though. When I was a kid I played every sport (I had to channel my ADHD into something :laugh:) and swimming is the only thing I've stuck with. I don't know if you like dancing but if you're looking for something more exciting Zumba is AMAZING! I went to the Zumba classes at my college and it was an hour of pure awesome (and even if it wasn't I would have kept going back for the instructor, she had the greatest ass I've ever seen). I read somewhere that you can burn between 500-800 calories in an hour long session. The only problem would be finding a class, or getting a workout DVD. Even if you can't get all the moves right you still feel really sexy doing it, which is a bonus. :wub:

polychrome, awesome! :hug: I've heard of SparkPeople. They have a bunch of videos up on YouTube and I used to do their Pilates video religiously but then I got a roommate and I felt awkward flopping around on the floor while she was there. I signed up for the site but I feel like I got confused trying to use the food tracker, but it's probably the same thing as CalorieCount.

kilala, :) Very good start! :D Yes, I know of Coldstone... :laugh: We used to have one right outside the movie theater back when I was in high school. My friends and I would go to the movies like every week and then go get ice cream afterwards and dear sweet baby Jesus it's so good. Of course I would get it in the chocolate covered cone bowl too. :laugh:

I feel like I got confused trying to use the food tracker, but it's probably the same thing as CalorieCount.

I think the bright and friendly colors have started to move toward confusing instead of inviting. I think the main benefit you might not find on other sites is that if someone enters a new brand-name item everyone can search for and use the info. Especially Trader Joe's brand stuff is often in there already when I search (occassionally I manually enter and save it myself). That and the dorky tools if you have time and desire to use them. But, if you are having good success with CalorieCount, keep it up!

I'm gonna drag my lazy arse out of bed (at half 2 in the afternoon :drool: ) and go interact with the 3D world for a while. If I haven't either gone frolicking with my dog in the park or walked half an hour to the library to return my text books by the time I find myself back on this forum, then I have failed.

DaylightStarr, No, please join us! I'll take a million fitness buddies. :) This is just going to be a thread where we can just talk about how we're feeling about our progress or whatever, like if you want to vent about binging or share an accomplishment like running for a few miles straight without stopping. It really helps to have support. But wow, awesome job losing forty already! :D Hopefully we can all keep each other on track.

Thanks! ^^ I'm so terrified of undoing it all so this will totally help.

So, I'm going to a movie in a few minutes and I'm going to try not to eat a whole box of Dots, and to coax my friend into going for a short hike afterward. Tomorrow after work I'm either going swimming or climbing "The Butte" (a VERY tiny little moutain-ish thing that has no other name) depending on weather.

The good: I walked the dog to and from the park ~1 mile away on a weeknight

The not-so-good: Above is my justification for skipping the gym

The ugly: Ronald made my dinner -- and I liked it.

I'd like to get in with this too. I went from having lost almost 50 lbs. and being all toned and stuff- to going to a bunch of weird medical stuff, at first I couldn't work out- I could barely walk.

Then I got depressed, and I hate to confess this but I sort of got scared to work out- because a couple times when things seemed like I was doing good- I'd get to where I couldn't move again. I HATE that I can't wear Any of the pants that I used to and I totally feel like a blob. I've lost the definition and have put back on 20-25 lbs.

BUT... I'm past all of that and I'm starting back. It'd be nice to get back to where I was- but I know that that may not happen- and that's ok. If I can drop 10-15 lbs., I'll be at an all right weight.

So... today- I've eaten decently :D

But didn't hit the gym :)

But tomorrow I'm going to hit both goals- I'm doing a great Jullian Michaels DVD with weights (I love using weights) and with the speed it has cardio effects, but isn't hard on my joints (Dr. said I have to watch that now). That and eating well tomorrow is the plan!!

Thanks for making this thread.

Oh... and I had decided on Sun to take my weight and measurements and then to check them once a week- because even if the weight number doesn't change- the measurements sometimes do. I thought that it might be good motivation.

All the best to everyone!

Glad you're joining us tma! :drool: Maybe on Sunday those of us who are comfortable can measure ourselves with whatever means we have and share any progress. If people are too shy for that though it's fine, I honestly don't think I'd want to share after today. :blushing:

DaylightStarr, I'm jealous! I wish I had a mountain near me. :laugh: So much more exciting then jogging around a flat suburb.

I didn't work out today. :) I stayed up til like three last night and had to wake up at 8:30 to babysit for a couple hours. I went right back to sleep afterwards, then hung out with mom at her friend's house for her birthday. We went to dinner at an Italian place and I got pasta of all things (right after I told Skiffy that I'd probably be getting a salad :lol:). Pasta with alfredo sauce is my ultimate weakness. I told myself it was a special occasion and not to worry about it too much, and I made sure to get vegetables on top and I certainly didn't eat the entire portion. Mom and I were going to go for a run later on when it got dark out but it started raining. :D So today was kind of a fail.

I did get my mom an extreme yoga workout DVD for her birthday though, so hopefully we use that soon. When I started working out she really got into it too and we swim and go to the gym together all the time. It's awesome having someone close to me share the same interest in being healthy.

I'm definitely going to the gym tomorrow morning. When I get myself to do it first thing in the morning it's no problem. At school it was easy, I'd go right between or after class because the gym was right there. Now that I'm home I have to wake myself up and drive fifteen minutes.

Once work starts I'll be going more consistently. I'll have to wake up for work anyway so I'll just get up a little earlier or go straight after with my boyfriend (we both work for the YMCA so we have free gym memberships). Once I'm actually out of my house it's much easier to go.

Well today wasn't such a great day for me. I feel embarrased just writing about it :D I didn't wake up until about 11, I had some fires from McDonalds and a bowl of cereal for lunch, I did nothing aside from showering and getting dressed until around two when I left to go to my brothers high school graduation, got out of it around 6:30, went to eat at konimis with my family, came home and ate ice cream :) and I've been laying on the couch writing my story ever since. But tomorrow I'm going to have a picnic with J, we will go for a hike or at least walk a couple of miles, maybe play some tennis, and I'm gonna try my hardest to avoid sweets. I'm having a movie night at a friends house tomorrow though and we will be having pizza, so that won't be so great.

AnonyMouse, you are so lucky to have the free membership. If I got one it would be $41 a month, and I definitely can't afford it. I may have to see if mine is hiring. I've been off work the past two days and will be off for the next two, so I'm definitely gonna make good use of it, because Sunday J is taking me to olive garden, and that means lots of bread, alfredo pasta (my weakness as well, it's my favorite) at least one daiquri, and the little mints they give you. Oh well, I'll just work out alot Monday :drool:

I think I'll measure myself if I can find means to do it, I'd like to set a goal based off that, I think it'd be easier that way.

Today wasn't great for me either. Breakfast was coffee (as usual), lunch was non-existent (as usual) and dinner was wine. I got into a pissy little fight with a bitchy customer, and I was feeling sorry for myself when I got home. Glass of wine later, and I feel calm and cool. :) But oh my god, I am NOT GOOD at being healthy! I'm excellent at starvation, though. It's a comfort zone for me. FAIL!

kilala, is it wrong that I'm selfishly glad you decided to write more of your story instead of exercising? :D Well today was your brother's graduation so it's a special day. It's okay to splurge a little on special days. Sounds like you've got really fun plans for tomorrow, I'm jealous!

Aw VFP. :drool: I was borderline anorexic before I went on Lexapro and I found hunger strangely comforting too. Something about drinking water and feeling it travel through your body into your empty stomach. Sorry about the bitchy customer. :) I hate when people are rude. There's no need for it and they don't realize how much their rudeness affects other people. I hope you feel better!

Just saw this..

Is it okay if I attempt to join as well? I'm looking to lose 20- 30 pounds this summer so the start of my senior year in highschool will be that much better. I've been needing to turn heads lately. ;)

Of course you can join us. ;) That's definitely a doable goal.

Yesterday I spent an entire hour at the gym. Forty on elliptical, twenty doing weights. Burned around 300-400 calories (I don't trust the trackers on the actual machines). Afterwards I set stuff up at the two pools I manage because we're opening for the summer today, so that was a lot of lifting/carrying. Didn't eat a lot throughout the day but I did have an iced mocha afterwards cause it was HOT out.

Just got back from a jog and now I'm off to shower! I wish I could bottle up the feeling of awesomeness I get after exercise and give myself a little bit of it whenever I need motivation. I forgot how great it felt.

I lost some weight last year from being stressed and not eating - but I think I got a bit too skinny, cos usually I'm on the lower end of normal BMI-wise, and that put me under. But still!

Generally, I just go with eating plenty of fruit, protein (sushi) and cereal. And not eating too much. That tends to work. And running! It's awesome!

Something about drinking water and feeling it travel through your body into your empty stomach.

Agree about this! Don't know why, but it does feel good.

Nice idea for a thread. :fear:

Three years ago I would have said I'd be totally game, but I'd have failed after a few days... and nowadays I'm actually kind of slim, so I'm not looking to lose weight per se, but I'd like to be in on this just to cheer everyone on and share experience and motivate myself to keep it up, if that's all right :bday:

One thing I've found is that after I cut down on junk food, like chips and crisps and sweets and cakes and deep-fried noms, my craving for it got a lot worse. Does anyone recognise this? I'm now trying to find the balance between indulging myself every day and walking around with CRAVINGS every day. Thank goodness for the (straw)berry season! Those are as good as sweets :fear:

P.S. I think I've actually done as much as 25 km (15.5 miles) on my bicycle today! :D

What BlueRandom said, by the way. :) And vfp, I know what you mean... sometimes "starvation mode" does feel kind of good. And you know what? As long as it doesn't cause you real health problems like period issues or toothaches or infections or whatever, I really don't think it's that unhealthy at all. Fasting is said to have all sorts of physical and spiritual benefits. (Disclaimer: I am wholly and adamantly AGAINST the whole "pro-ana" movement.)

Thursday- jogged through the park with my dog, carrying 7kg of text book on my back- Many health points :D.

Friday- Sat about playing pokemon and thinking of going to the park but didn't actually. Ate half a chocolate champagne bottle to myself- Negative health points :fear:

Today- Walked all the way home from town which takes at least an hour. I had to walk because I was too nauseous and hungover to get on a bus without throwing up- Um...0 health points?

Archived