Sneeze Fetish Forum

Shows/Movies/books....

Galaxy

I don't cry a whole lot, especially when it concerns the media, but there have been a few books, movies, and televisions shows that have drawn me to tears...

Film----

The Bridge To Terebithia (when the little boy finds out that his best friend died...waterworks. :lol: )

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (when Draco's in the bathroom crying. It broke my heart, but it sorta turned me on too. :cryhappy: )

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 (when Snape dies, and then in his memories when he's cuddling Lily and crying...

Up (at the beginning when there's that sweet montage before Ellie dies...)

Mary and Max (where Mary's trying to kill herself).

Books----

What My Mother Doesn't Know (When a super popular girl dumps her loser boyfriend because her friends will abandon her...no worries, she gets back with him later on! :( I give a poor description of the events, but it's a MARVELOUS book. )

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (during Snape's memories and his death).

The Sweet Far Thing (When Kartik sacrificed himself for Gemma...and I was reading this in the middle of class, too. Waterworks...)

Sweep: Book 3 (when Hunter falls off the cliff and is presumed dead. I thought he was really dead, and it was such a shame, because he had a cold throughout the whole book. :D No sneezes, but LORD, British boys with handkerchiefs and sniffles are mighty sexy...)

Television----

Criminal Minds (I can't recall the episode, but the sexily dorky Spencer Reid was being tortured by some sick minded bastards. :lol: )

Scrubs- "My Finale"---(The very last scene in the show. It was SO sad and beautiful. A perfect way to wrap up the show).

South Park episode 15-7 "You're Getting Older"--(The very end with the sad song, and just has Stan slumping around all depressed because his friends have abandoned him and he can't get happy about anything anymore. It's a REAL shock to find a South Park scene being serious, but it's SO weird to be drawn to tears by it. B) )

I know I didn't list this in the beginning, but I want to list plays, too~~~

Theatre---

Avenue Q ---(the very end song. It's so powerful...)

The Fantasticks--- (the best show I've ever seen, hands down. This was a few years ago, so I can't remember all the parts that I cried at, but there was about four. :D )

Wow...I guess I cry more than I thought. :D But, yes, I wanna know, what books/movies/etc have you ever cried in, and what scene?

Thought it'd be a fun topic. :)

I remember the Fantasticks! I was just thinking about it the other day, how my sister wanted to go to see Anthony Fedorov play one of the characters. Meanwhile I fell in love with the Mute and I was the only one who was tripping over herself to get his autograph after the show. :laugh: Not sure why, he was the best/cutest one in the show in my opinion. Didn't make me cry though... I don't actually even remember much of the story.

I cry a lot. This is probably just the tip of the iceberg with what I can actually remember at the moment.

Film:

Moulin Rouge (knowing what's going to happen from the beginning didn't make it any less sad)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Truman Show

Requiem for a Dream

A Scanner Darkly

Trainspotting (seeing a trend with the movies about drug addicts?)

Edward Scissorhands

FINDING NEVERLAND (this so much)

Romeo + Juliet (the Baz Luhrmann version - first time I saw it was in English class, bawled my eyes out at the end, the teacher turned on the lights and I was the only one who cried, so embarrassing)

Rent

The Lion King

The Fox and the Hound

Buried

Titanic (only the first time)

Serenity

Television:

Metalocalypse (seriously)

Lost (omfgomfg pretty much every episode, can't even listen to the OST without crying)

Digimon (when the first couple of seasons ended when I was a kid, I sat there and cried in my cereal bowl the next morning wondering what I was going to do with my life)

House

Sometimes Criminal Minds (when I really sympathize with the unsubs or the main characters' situations)

Intervention

Firefly

Theater:

Rent

The Lion King

Aida

Jesus Christ Superstar

I can't think of any books off the top of my head besides Ordinary People and The Bell Jar (which made me feel really really sad, idk about crying though), but if I do I'll share. Visual things like TV shows and movies are more emotional for me because I can see the people's expressions, plus the music.

We had a movies that make you cry thread somewhere on this board with some good ones, but of course now I can't seem to find it...

I don't cry at movies etc very often, but the ones that have really gotten to me have been;

Movies:

Boys Don't Cry

Dead Poet's Society

Lord of The Rings - The Return of The King

Serenity

Books:

Where the Red Fern Grows

Little Tree

TV:

Taking Over the Asylum

Also might I suggest that if people are going to share the specific moments that made them cry they use spoiler bars? I haven't seen some the ones mentioned so far and I don't want to know what happens!

Film

Harry Potter 7 part 2 (The part that got me was when Snape walked into harry's room as a baby and the reaction he gives when he sees lillies dead body. Excellent acting on alan rickmans part)

(and also when minerva awakens the stone soldiers, and the teacher create a giant protego dome around hogwarts)

Titanic (Not the floating in the ocean scene, but the part when the old grams throws the blue heart of the ocean jewel overboard...something just so profound about that moment)

Whats eating Gilbert grape (when his morbidly obese mom dies obviously)

Barrio(My favorite spanish film in which my favorite character dies in the end. Its also a sad story in general.)

TV

tv isn't deep enough these days to make me cry :laugh:

Also might I suggest that if people are going to share the specific moments that made them cry they use spoiler bars? I haven't seen some the ones mentioned so far and I don't want to know what happens!

Oh! I didn't even think about that! I'm sorry, we totally need to start doing that now!

Oh! I didn't even think about that! I'm sorry, we totally need to start doing that now!

No worries :drool: As soon as I realized the italics had potential spoilers in them I tried not to look at them. But it's never a bad idea to spoiler bar at least things that are big plot points.

Okay, SPOILER ALERT!! :):laugh:

Televison: Greys Anatomy Season 5 Ep. 24 'Now or Never'. GEEEOOORGE!! :'(

LOST Series Finale: Oh god, the ending. I was BAWLING.

Glee Season 2 Ep. 18 'Born This Way'. When Blaine sings 'Somewhere only we know' to Kurt, ohmygawd. :cryhappy::cryhappy::kiss1:

Movies: The Color Purple, because the ending made me miss someone very close to me..

Transformers 3. I know, I know, things getting blown up, but some parts were real tear jerkers! (It's all Linkin Parks fault lol) Monsters Inc. Awwwwww, when Boo and Sulley said goodbye and then at the end....well, I won't spoil it. :rolleyes:

Benjamin Button, more the piano music that played through out the movie and in the end. It was sad...

A Series of Unfortunate Events, where Klaus is reading their parents letter and they fall asleep in the care, 'very fortunate, indeed.'

Toy Story 2 when Jessie sang 'When Somebody Loved Me' :bawl:

Toy Story 3 , when the toys are about to be incenerated. WTF!?!

Seven Pounds

Books: Of Mice and Men

A Series of Unfortunate Events: 'The End'

Oh dear, what doesn't...? Some things I can't read/watch along with other people because I'd be crying too much.

Most King books. Yes, really.

Almost every "touching" moment in TV shows and movies, and you'll have me crying like you wouldn't believe. This includes "incredible survival moments"-shows and "animal miracles" and bascially everything the slightest bit emotional. :rolleyes: The news can make me cry a lot of the time.

I'm a very teary person. :rolleyes:

Movies

Dead Poets Society

Meet Me in St. Louis

Sweeney Todd (at, the, um, end. More out of fright than anything else)

Books

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.

Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

Just check my signature and name :rolleyes:.

Shows

Ragtime

Rent

Into the Woods

The Fantasticks

Next to Normal

A Little Night Music

(I just realized that five of those that have made me cry are all among my six favorites... hmm... the only one not there is Wicked.)

TV

Various episodes of West Wing.

Various episodes of Brothers and Sisters.

No, no Harry Potter stuff :rolleyes:. I wish I'd cried at the movie - my theater had like synchronized sobbing, so loud people got yelled at - but I cry less when things make me sad, and more when they make me sentimental.

• 2 weeks later...

Movies:

Requiem For A Dream - That made me cry for nearly a whole day and I can't stop watching it again and again

Titanic - Cryed a lot when I was a teenager lol

Stand By Me - Very nice and touching movie

The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things - A really shocking story with an amazing Asia Argento playing the role of a really awful mother dragging her poor sweet child around...drugs, sex abuse....ecc

American History X - I just LOVE this movie. Cryed at the end when saw Derek Vineyard (Edward Norton) crying

Hachi - A Dogs Tale - With Richard Gere, that was such a sad movie

My Girl - I think this was the first movie that made me cry

My Sister's Keeper - My best friend died of cancer when she was only 12 yrs old. It was devastating for me watching it

Click - With Adam Sandler, really made me cry when he didn't care about his father's "special coin trick"...jeez

Books:

Ugly - Constance Briscoe

Un Cane - Fulco Pratesi (Don't know if it has been translated in English too - read it when I was around 10 yrs old - first book that made me cry)

A Milion Little Pieces - James Frey

Films

Mrs. Doubtfire

Amores Perros

Shawshank Redemption

Evita

Books

Jane Eyre

Villette

Anna Karenina

Harry Potter 7 (don't ask)

Crazy Love

My Sister's Keeper

Television

House

Law and Order SVU

Secret Life of the American Teenager

Theater

Bare

Romeo and Juliet (of course)

West Side Story

I'm very sensitive when it comes to sad movies, so I tear up a lot. For the sake of not listing a whole plethora of things, I'll go with the movies that had me hysterically sobbing:

Titanic

The Dog of Flanders

Tuck Everlasting

Monsters Inc.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

I know there's more, but those are the ones at the top of the list. ;)

sillystarsmoons

No books have made me cry.

Movies Harry Potter Part 2 Deathly Hallows

Juno

The Notebook

TV 7th Heaven if its a serious episode has made me cry. But other then that not much tv makes me cry. Thats about it.

I tend to cry a lot, so let's see what I can remember...

Movies

Titanic

Star Trek (In the beginning, during the Kelvin sequence.)

The Notebook (So, SO much...)

Toy Story 3

Up (More than once...)

The Crucible

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 (I don't like this movie, but the nostalgia of Platform 9 3/4 almost killed me.)

Balto

Big Fish

Serenity

LOTR: Return of the King (At the end, with the music, it's just so... TT)

Books

The Book Thief (Dear God, I was bawling my eyes out at the end. :laugh:)

Freak the Mighty

Television

Doctor Who (The end of the new show seasons 2 and 4. SO MUCH. I still tear up thinking about it....)

Angel Beats! (Many times.)

...Why can't I remember anything else? I really do cry often, during movies especially, so I guess it just happens too much for me to find it memorable? XD

• 3 months later...

Oh there's too many for me to name, but recently I watched "Click"

At first I thought "Yeah, this looks like a cute Adam Sandler comedy. It's pretty funny. I like it so far"

Little did I know the f**king near-ending was planning on ripping my heart out and jumping all over it. SO SAD. I've never cried like that in a Sandler film- EVER!!

• 8 months later...

Awesome topic! I am a bit late for replying, 's that okay?

Movies

The Big Fish- father and son scene near the end ... :(

Fatal Attraction- I know, I know... I am officially the only person who was touched by that movie.happysmiley.gif I just cried during the scene when Alex was playing with the lamp, she looked so... destroyed, so vulnerable. I just wanted to come over and hug her.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show- I cry a lot during this one... I just can't help myself! :) I always cry during "Don't Dream it, Be It" because... that is the greatest thing anyone has ever said... Then, sometimes before Frank dies... And during Magenta's "Sweet Transexual, the land of night" speech- it is so nostalgic, the all that scene is such a great sign of an individual's need to be free.

Sunset Boulevard- Last scene. The great Norma Desmond's last close-up... :cryhappy: Everything's over, but she will still think she is the biggest... That woman's life was an illusion.

The House of the Spirits- It is just a sad movie, okay?

Corpse Bride- The last scene. "You set me free" stuff. And then Emily turned into the butterflies. ...

Persepolis- Ohh, many times... :)

Chakushin Ari- In one scene mother has to decide will she save Mimiko or her younger daughter. The look in mother's eyes was so heartbreaking.

Books

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows- during Snape's memories and Harry's comment about "forgotten boys".

Lisely's Story- Mostly during Scott's flashbacks about his and his brother's childhood.

It- When Ritchie thinks about growing up.

The Little Prince- Like, all the time. :D

Bag of Bones- I cried because of the comment Kyra made after Mattie's ghost appeared: "She also said I am your little girl now."

Theatre

The Cowboys- It's the play from one Croatian director. I cried a bit when Saša died. It is weird, because it is really a hardcore comedy.

Madama Butterfly- The suicide scene.

The Little Night Music -At least I think it was called like that... :) "Send in the Clowns" made me cry.

I actually don't have much for the "Theatre" section, because I mostly watch comedies there. :)

First of all: I get emotional over books and movies very easily. And music too. Here are some more notable, personal tear-jerkers of mine:

Books

• Harry Potter: The Half-Blood Prince - I swear the pages of the last three chapters in my copy are all dented from my tears. "The Cave" was probably the worst. Ugly sobbing and wailing.
  • Every book written by Robin Hobb - The ending of Fool's Fate, for example... It wasn't pretty.
  • Everything quiet on the western front
  • The Book Thief
  • His Dark Materials: The Amber Spyglass - This is the book that changed my life (whilst making me dissolve into tears every once in a while).

Movies

• Third Star - This movie is a quiet, honest little masterpiece, with stunning performances by the entire cast and an ending that cuts your heart in half.
  • LOTR: The Return of the King - I can't even listen to the soundtrack without tearing up.
  • Angels in America - The acting in this one, guhhh. Acting-gasm.
  • The Iron Giant - Every. Single. Time.
  • The Pianist
  • Brokeback Mountain
  • Babel
  • This is England - More acting-gasms.
  • Léon
  • The Mighty
  • The Land Before Time - The older I get, the more I cry to this. :rolleyes:
  • Finding Neverland

Anime

• Wolf's Rain
  • Monster
  • NANA
  • Trigun
  • Honey and Clover

Television

• Sherlock - Last episode, season 2. Way to ruin my life, guys.

I have to admit i don't ever cry during films,shows or books, but there some that i find pretty sad and literally cannot watch ( especially if they involve an animal)

Films like Homeward Bound, My boy Skip ( can't even think about that) & i have never watched Marley & don't think i ever could.

Also Stand By Me i find quite moving- especially at the end

• 2 weeks later...

It might be quicker for me to list movies, shows, books and plays that don't make me cry. I am a bit of a cry baby. Because there are so many I'll give my most recent or most noteable in each category.

Movie: The Lion King (Most Disney movies make me cry, honestly. Not only when they are sad, but also when they are happy)

TV Show: The final episode of Friends - This show is my favorite show of all time. I thought it was wrapped up beautifully

Book: All of the Harry Potter Books

Theater: Wicked - While I cried more than once, "Defying Gravity" was the most amazing and powerful thing I have ever seen in the theater

Just thinking about some of these makes me tear up. I need to pull my life together! laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely let loose when Snape died... crybaby.gif and also in that part of "Mamma Mia" during the song when Donna sings about how she wishes Sophie hadn't grown up so fast.

Bag of Bones- I cried because of the comment Kyra made after Mattie's ghost appeared: "She also said I am your little girl now."

:bawl: This ^

Overall, I cry a lot when I read King novels. I think all of them (with the exception of The Cell, which I never really got) has had me in tears at some point.

crybaby.gif This ^

Overall, I cry a lot when I read King novels. I think all of them (with the exception of The Cell, which I never really got) has had me in tears at some point.

Fight Club logic is the more you cry the better you will sleep. But King's novels both make me cry and later I am unable to sleep. :lol:

And just an addition to my post, "Shows" section:

"Sweeney Todd" (there is a full show from late seventies/early eighties touring cast on YouTube- big, big hugs to whoever posted it)

----> Although it is probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen, it also had "that" moments. The "Johanna" reprise (quartet), the reprise of "Oh, Miss" and the final scene (including the "Ballad of Sweeney Todd"), to be precise. :)

I've pretty much never cried from a book or movie. The only time was during Snapes memories in Deathly Hallows 2. Felt kinda weird crying in a room full of people and my entire family... ._.;

I rarely cried at stuff when I was younger, but now I'm a much bigger softie!

Movies

Life as a House

Atonement

Life is Beautiful

Million Dollar Baby (I saw this with friends in college and we all ended up sobbing together at the dorm when we got back)

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Bright Star

You Can Count on Me

TV

White Collar

LOST

Sherlock

Books

The Book Thief

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Theatre

I was an ugly crier at the end of 'Next to Normal'

'Parade'

'Reckless'

I saw RENT a bunch of times. I think I cried once.

I know there are others but I'm blanking out....I see a lot of theatre.

There are many many others I'm forgetting, I know.

His Dark Materials: The Amber Spyglass - This is the book that changed my life (whilst making me dissolve into tears every once in a while).

Oh god, the scene where the daemons are being torn away from Lyra and Will on the banks of the river of the dead...some scenes in the first two books give me a lump in my throat (like the daemon-less children in "Northern Lights", this one had tears streaming down my face. I actually thought "The Subtle Knife" was a better book, but for tearjerking moments, The Amber Spyglass wins hands down (honourable mentions on saddest scene go to the final scene and Lee Scoresby's last stand).

Archived