Sneeze Fetish Forum

Weird Quirks/Habits...

Scion

2. I LOVE the smell of old books. like books from the 90's, with the yellow pages. its amazing.

Ooh yes, that is one of my favourite smells. Although I think my definition of "old books" is older than yours. I once found a Complete Works of Shakespeare, published in the 70s, in a charity shop. It was selling for £5 and had that gorgeous old book smell. I had to buy it.

That's another quirk of mine: I adore charity shops. Because you never know what you might find in there.

Lol, I love old books too, and because I have a literature degree my definition of "old" is different again. My academic library lets us handle books published after 1800s without gloves. You guys would LOVE them. I also really like the smell of bound journals from the 70s and 80s smile.png

I have a "favourite book" in the library- a particular copy of 'Astrophil and Stella' from 1850. I love the content, but I love the actual book more. It's really small but thick and fits nicely in your hand, it's leather-bound and the pages have rough edges. I check it out often and just carry it around with me and smell it.

*runs away*

I have an even more extreme viewpoint on this, since what I really like is the smell and texture of leather-bound books; and not just those perfect Victorian editions of Ruskin I have inherited, but books that are falling apart so that the fragments of rotting leather form into a nice smelly dust. Like Webster's Dictionary we're morocco bound.

Another similar pleasure used to be the smell of duplicated documents. I know you won't believe this but there was a time when photocopiers, printers and automatic typewriters didn't exist. "Duplicated sheets" came from a special machine which used a really strange ink, which gave off a heady miasma of fumes. Yum!

-i smell books whenever i open them

-i name inanimate objects (my two ukes are Tiki and Kahuna; my guitars in order of age are Gustavo, Chase, Orion, Stanley, and Darius; my laptop's name is Eugene; my laptop's name is Alexander; my Kindle's name is Theodore; my car's name is Oliver... they're all male names lol)

-i drink a glass of water before and after i eat, never while eating

-i don't get drunk because i never want to throw up

-i have to sleep with four large pillows in my bed (one for my head, one to hug, one behind my back, and one between my legs)

-and i think i'm a little bit too fascinated by serial killers..

5. When I´m in the bathroom I look behind the shower curtain if someone is hiding there.

THIS. Always. if someone is ever actually hiding there, I may have a heart attack.

also

If I'm eating more than one food, the foods can't touch and I always eat them one at a time, I can't go back and forth between foods (actually, I've been trying to stop this, because I dont really have a reason to do this besides habit)

I can't really type, because I passed typing in high school by cheating and looking at my handsblush.png (it was a requirement for graduation, i thought it was stupid, so i rebelled haha

when I text...I use ellipses... all... the... time... It bothers my friends... a lot...

I can't snap my fingers, but I can snap my toes.

I still have my teddybear from when I was a baby. In my bed right now, in fact. I'm a senior in college.

when I have a bad day, I eat dinner in bed while watching old episodes of SNL. 99% of the time it solves everything.

- I rarely sit in a chair or on a sofa with my feet on the ground...I end up sitting cross-legged or tucking one leg up.

- I can't sleep in silence. I usually put a fan on, or I use a white-noise app on my cell phone!

- When the toilet paper at home isn't in the roll the right way (with the sheets coming over the top), I'll switch it.

- When I'm trying to fall asleep, I rub my feet back and forth in little waves. It's very soothing haha

- I don't like to have unread messages sitting in my email. I delete, archive, or mark-as-read each and every one every time I check my email. It drives me nuts when friends open their emails near me and I see 852 unread messages in the notifications at the top! X_x

A lot of nights I don't sleep with a pillow and just lay my head on the mattress. It's just more comfortable...probably just means I have a bad pillow lol.

I can't wear matching socks. They have to be odd, but the same sock. Just different colour.

And I sit on the same seat on the bus every day. I can't stand change.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have a strange oral fixation so I love sucking on spoons. I also like making really strong lemonade, or putting the lemonade powder in the glass of water, drinking it all, and then drinking all the powder at once in the last sip. Very strange, I know.. I also can't sleep unless my covers are pulled over my ears if it's dark, even on hot nights, which sucks! I wish I didn't have that habit, but I can't seem to shake it, I've done this since fifth grade after developing a phobia that sounds too foolish to mention.

• 5 months later...

Some of the things here are already said, but I don't have a selective quote possibility on my phone, sorry:

- I always cover my toilet before flushing water.

-I am afraid of sleeping uncovered just like The Cracked Egg. Or just laying in dark uncovered. It can be really awful because I am the type of the person who is almost never cold. Right now I am sweating like hell...

- I often talk to animals, plants, posters and pictures. I have a RHPS poster (The one with Tim Curry sitting in Pat Quinn's mouth) and I have had a lot of one-way conversations with Frankie.

-I am hyper a bit and I can't sit or stand still. I also find "polite" way of sitting very uncomfortable. If you saw any Helena Bonham Carter's interview, you know my story.

-I always massacre food on my plate.

-I always hold my breath while passing by someone who is smoking at the moment.

-I put to much salt on my food.

-I say "Janet" after hearing somebody saying:"Damn it!"

-I don't wear trousers, just tracksuit bottoms during my P.E. classes and sometimes at home, and the bottom parts of my P.J.-s.

-I can't force myself to use any Internet shortcuts, use "w" where it is unneeded. All my sentences got to have commas, fullstops and capital letters, I always check twice if all the words are spelled correctly. Took me 15 minutes to figure out what "ur" means when I saw it for the first time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It stresses me out to sit still

I always have a million tabs open on my computer

If I feel like Ive said something dumb or awkward, even in a casual social situation, I'll replay it in my head about a million times and sometimes still think about it the next day, even if it was definitely no big deal at all

I have a girly obsession with cute things

I flush the toilet in the middle of peeing then try to race it to the finish

ill check out my own reflection at any given opportunity, im OCD about making sure I look ok.

I like the taste of my own snot. its salty!

I only wear black shirts

I love gloomy atmospheres.. rainy days make me feel incredibly happy. ad some light fog and nothing can ruin my mood.

if im doing a repetitive task by myself at work. I entertain myself by freestyle rapping under my breath and seeing how long I can go.

I never grew out of liking cartoon sneezes

If I feel like Ive said something dumb or awkward, even in a casual social situation, I'll replay it in my head about a million times and sometimes still think about it the next day, even if it was definitely no big deal at all

How did I forget to mention this one?blushing.gif

• 6 months later...

Here I go haha

When I see a person writing I always have to check if he's left or right handed. Like ALWAYS.

I always read everything. As much as I can every way I go. On the street it could be the advertisements, even if I know them by heart, my mind keeps on reading them every time. Or if I'm watching a movie and the names of the actors are scrolling I HAVE to read them all, as quickly as possible so that I don't lose any of them XD

When I have to pee I have to count something in the bathroom (holes, tiles,...) or count till 10 or 20 otherwise It's stuck :-/

If I buy a packet of chewing gum I have to finish it all. Even if my jaw hurts like crazy :D

If one of my hands gets wet and the other doesn't I have to get even the other wet. It feels too weird otherwise lol

I think I have a couple others but I can't remember them right now. It was fun reading all of yours :)

• 4 months later...

aahaha i love this topic

1) when im inside the house i have to take my trousers down.. i like to sit in my knickers cant sit in pants feels odd

2) if i do drink water it has to be from the bottle but thats just water on its own

3) id love to be able to wear make up and feel beautiful but in reality i become over pariniod of touching my face in case i smudge it or worse so i dont wear it unless theres a big 'do'

4) i apologise waaay too much especially when ive walked into things

5) i laugh when i know ive done something daft ie tripped up over the stairs

6) if theres something cringy on tv incan watch it..ill pull away going ' oh my god and try to start a loud conversation...or i hummm very loudly to not hear it

6) toilet seat must be down seems neater and politer

7) aswell as sneezing...i always imagine what it be like to kiss people even the ones i dont know lol

8) cleaning have to wear disposable gloves always!

9)when burbin you must say euther excuse me or pardon me no excuss

10) stationary i love have way to many aswell as cleaning thing ie colour catchers

.....im sure theres more but im cringin already from this list lol x

I do soo many of the things the rest of you have mentioned.

1.) This one is a bit hard to describe, when I'm at work and I have to look up a SKU on the "research register" (the one we just can't actually use as a register) I always sit my leg up on the shelf underneath. So I look like a flamingo, you know how you always see the cartoons of them standing with one leg crossed in front of the other? I look like that. :P

2.) I HAVE to run across the streets. I'm always afraid someone is going to come flying down the road at 100 MPH, or if the person stopped for me I'm afraid they'll floor it and run me over anyway.

3.) I prefer to watch movies I've already seen, UNLESS we're in a theater. Probably because I have the worlds worst attention span and I know if I decide to stop watching I already know what's happened anyway.

That's all I got :P

- If I see a grammar, spelling or punctuation mistake, I have to correct it, regardless of whether it's in a book or on a sign

- I name all my instruments and call them by name when I'm talking about them

- When I'm really upset I hug my instruments

- I can't sleep unless my room is completely dark and totally silent

- Whenever I'm writing something I sing it unconsciously

- I love the smell of books, particularly revision guides

- If I do anything wrong or embarrassing, I obsess about it for weeks

- Knowing someone is behind me freaks me out

- I hate the smell of roses

- I get motion sickness if I swing on a chair

- I write a poem for everyday of my life

- I prefer sleeping on the floor to on a bed

• 5 months later...

1. I read and watch things about serial killers...( BUT IM NOT ONE...i just wonder how a human being could harm another...:shy::blush::shy:

2. When I get really upset, I cant talk right and I get tongue tied.

3. Im more awake at night and not so much in the day.

4. Um...if im talking to u, i look u in the eye but when its reversed, i look away from you but i know what ur saying.

5. When I get colds...i dont take any medicine...i just drink peppermint tea and thats it.

6. I also cant say no...i feel guilty for some reason..as if i could have helped them.

Hmm... 1. I always eat the edges first from a sandwich. No matter what's on it, the edges have to be eaten first.

2. I luvs a proper book. The good paper, beautiful colour choices, the scent, good cutting, those smallest things that probably make me very bitter if real books are eventually replaced with e-books.

3. I need to press the closed door at least three times to make sure it's "properly" closed (so well you heard that little click).

1. I talk to myself probably more than a human should... I just need to hear what needs to be done--I talk out my To Do lists and such.

2. My socks always have to match my shirt in terms of color... If I'm wearing a purple shirt, I need purple socks

those are the only things I can think of right now...

3. I have to sleep in complete darkness with the fan on

4. When I have many different kinds of food on a plate, I eat each section at a time. I don't jump around from food to food.

5. I can't sit still. I have to be tapping by foot, or bouncing my leg or and fidgeting with something at all times.

• I cannot have anything media related on an odd number - the volume on the TV, radio, laptop, anything. It has to be on an even number, otherwise I can't settle.
  • I can't stand it when people cover their food with sauce - it has to be on the side of the plate, unless it is almost inedible.
  • I can't have the light switches on the "on" position if they are switched off - I often have to go upstairs and switch the light so that both the switches are in the "off" position when the light is off.
  • Whenever I ear Malteasers, I have to chomp one, and suck the next one. Then chomp, then suck, until the bag is gone.
  • If I think someone is chasing me up the stairs, I will scream and sprint up there as fast as I possibly can.
  • I have an irrational fear of a zombie apocalypse happening - and also have a strategic plan in case one does happen.

Well, Ive got quite a few...

-Whenever I sit in a four legged chair, I always sit on my left foot. Even though I get cramps my thighs feel weird if my foot's not there!

-I tend to use more exclamation marks than periods/full stops. Using a fullstop freaks me out for some reason! Too professional? (This forum is one exception though!)

-I sometimes clench my toes repeatedly when Im wearing socks!

-If Im on this forum on a computer, I always make the window very very small!

-I cant take a shower if the shower curtain is closed all the way, I have to have it open..

-I LOVE the smell of hot glass so I always heat my drinks in a glass cup and just inhale it, it smells so nice to me!

-In malls and other places, I have to walk inside the floor tile squares. I probably look weird stomping around!

-I keep my nametags on my door. Any nametag Ive ever gotten in the past year is hanging out on my door!

Archived