Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Hobbit

VoOs

So the release date for the first movie quickly approaches!! mf_laughbounce2.gif I am super excited because I get to go to the midnight showing (my very first ever happy.png ). But I have been trolling for reviews and such, and I found this rather interesting tidbit..

"There has almost certainly never been an adaptation of a novel more studiously, scrupulously and strenuously faithful as Peter Jackson's film of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Spending nearly three hours of screen time to visually represent every comma, period and semicolon in the first six chapters of the perennially popular 19-chapter book, Jackson and his colleagues have created a purist's delight, something the millions of die-hard fans of his Lord of the Rings trilogy will gorge upon."

Sooo... first of all this apparently makes me a purist, because that is seriously some of the best news ever biggrin.png And second, I think this might just merit some renewed hope regarding the inclusion of that scene. Because, if Jackson's staying that close to the book, well, who knows? XDD So yeah. Current facts suggest he will - the track record of luck I've had with such things says he won't...... sweatdrop.gif

Now, if only we didn't have to wait ANOTHER YEAR to find out. heh.gif

I'd be thrilled either way, to be honest. I've been a Hobbit geek from middle school through now and that they have M. Freeman as our lovable Baggins from Bag-End just makes me want to launch fireworks. He's perfect to play Bilbo. I really honestly cannot think of ANYONE I'd rather have to play this character, and that's really saying something considering he's one of my favourite characters of ALL TIME. And I can hardly wait for the riddles scene. And also. Also the entire rest of the entire movie and oh my god I'm impatient for next year's installment ALREADY, ahhhh yay.gif

I'm going to see it this Wednesday, on the Swedish release date. Can't wait to finally be back in Middle Earth. :cryhappy:

I just finished re-reading the book. Last week I finished re-watching the extended LOTR trilogy.

Freeman, I'm all yours. My poor, geeky little fangirl heart is yours for the taking -

:sillybounce:

I have a lot faith in Peter Jackson. His attention to detail is impeccable. SO psyched to see it next Friday!!

Did we ever decide-- will the barrel scene more likely be in the 1st or 2nd installment?

Originally it was going to be in the first I think <.< But since he split it into a trilogy, it's for sure gonna be in the second (I know from official guidebooks that it ends at the Eagles).

Still, SINCE it's split further.. perhaps he'll be more inclined to pay attention to certain details? :]

Originally it was going to be in the first I think <.< But since he split it into a trilogy, it's for sure gonna be in the second (I know from official guidebooks that it ends at the Eagles).

Still, SINCE it's split further.. perhaps he'll be more inclined to pay attention to certain details? :]

Yes, I agree. That's what I'm hoping for. :)

Archived