Sneeze Fetish Forum

Wicked Mortal (Part 6/?)

Scion

Boy x Boy time, I think. Well, I got this idea a while back and kinda felt like writing. Hope it's okay! heart.gif

Feel free NOT to look at the pictures. biggrin.png

Charlie: http://i1200.photobu...103f24eea5d.jpg

Lander: http://i1200.photobu...reenShot008.jpg

Wicked Mortal

Part One:

Charlie Cooper was going to die.

Yep.

This was the end.

He’d hoped to make it out of college before going toes-up, but apparently that was asking too much, because here was, holding hands with a complete stranger, his eyes squished shut as the plane lurched again, diving toward certain doom.

The girl in the seat beside him, Greta, had given him the stink eye and called him a freak not 30 minutes ago, and now she was clutching his hand as hard as she could as she hid her face in the crook of his neck and sobbed uncontrollably.

All around him, people screamed, wept, pleaded, begged God for mercy. Charlie didn’t bother. The plane was going down and there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. Metal shrieked as the wing finally ripped free and went soaring away into the clouds. Wind slammed at Charlie from all directions, trying to tear the flesh from his bones.

In his ear, Greta wailed for her mom, begged some dude named Jake for forgiveness, and swore if she made it out of this she’d never eat or sleep again, which sort of defeated the purpose of being alive, Charlie thought.

Time stretched on, immeasurable. His thoughts struggled along as if through a miasma. Did he really have anything to live for? His parents, he supposed. He hardly ever saw them anymore, but he knew they loved him.

When they heard the news, they’d be devastated.

But perhaps something good would come of his twenty girlfriend-less years. There’d be no pretty lady left alone to mourn his passing.

He tried to care, but it was as if his emotions had been switched off. He felt numb, and maybe that was a good thing.

Greta certainly wasn’t numb. She was crying harder than ever, her nails biting into Charlie’s hand hard enough to draw blood.

When they finally hit the ground, his sudden lack of consciousness was a relief.

- - -

He was alive. His head was ringing, his vision blurry, but he could hear, could see…the wreckage of the plane. The stretch of red and orange sand. The bodies.

Greta’s wide blue eyes open and staring, her hand still held in his.

As he began to scream, a face wavered above him like a mirage: slanted green eyes, dark, slashing brows, a sharp nose, hollow cheeks supporting a wide, grim mouth.

Calm, a voice breathed inside his mind. Sleep now. Just sleep.

- - -

A YEAR LATER

- - -

“Aren’t you that guy who survived that plane crash?”

Charlie closed his eyes and sighed.

All reporters deserved to die.

Was it too much to ask to just get through his last class of the day without being interrogated?

He turned to the girl sitting next to him; she had wide-set dirt-brown eyes and choppy blonde hair sliced down to her chin. Silver Mini Mouse heads decorated her ears.

“I don’t think so,” he said, wishing the stupid professor would hurry up and teach already. Wasn’t that supposedly his job?

The girl arched a brow. “You don’t think so? Wouldn’t you remember something like that? I mean, not that I would know, but still…seems kind of…important.”

“Sometimes I forget to put underwear on,” he blurted, then flushed. Like she really wanted to know that.

She giggled, playing with her left earlobe. “That’s, um, cool…”

He shrugged. “Yeah, not really a good idea to go without undergarments in the winter. I mean…yeah. Yeah, it’s pretty cold--cool--it’s pretty…uh, cool. I guess.”

Instead of laughing in his face like he expected her to, she merely nodded serenely. “That’s good advice. I’m Tracy, by the way.”

“Hi, Tracy,” he said, fidgeting in his seat.

She waited.

He smiled awkwardly. Had he done something wrong?

“Mystery is so overrated,” she confided, nibbling on the tip of her pen.

Mystery? Oh. Oh! “I’m Charlie!” he practically yelled, feeling his cheeks heat up with mortification. He was the biggest loser on the planet.

But Tracy merely smiled kindly. “Nice to meet you, Charlie.”

- - -

Something was wrong with Lander. His head felt…strange, and he was having trouble breathing. There was an ache in his chest and claws shredding his throat. His eyes kept wanting to close, but he wouldn’t let them.

He couldn’t let any harm come to his Charge, or the consequences would be dire, and the last thing he wanted was to end up like Hadrian. But Hell, it was taking all his energy merely to remain invisible.

His Charge was asleep in his bed, none the wiser. Lander wanted to grab him by both ears and toss him out the window to his death. But then his chances of getting back in Michael’s good graces would be exactly zero and he’d either be stuck as a Guardian for the rest of eternity, or he’d Fall and end up just like his deadbeat brother.

No, he had to make this work. His Charge wouldn’t live that much longer, anyway. Just another 70 years or so. He could make it that long.

He hoped.

- - -

“Ishuuu!”

Charlie groaned and opened his eyes. What had woken him?

“Hih…ehIshhuuu!”

Oh. Right.

Logan, his roommate, must have caught a cold or something. Which kinda sucked, because there was no illness Charlie didn’t catch. Once, he’d talked to his sick mom on the phone from across the state, and the next day he’d woken up with a sore throat.

And he didn’t believe in coincidences.

He’d been the sole survivor of that Goddamned crash for a reason. He had to believe that, otherwise the guilt overwhelmed, strangled, drowned, suffocated him.

Greta. He’d known her less than an hour, and still her death haunted him.

“mMk’tsshhu!”

Sighing, Charlie turned onto his side, the bed squeaking under his weight as he peered across the room at Logan’s empty bed.

What…the…?

A muffled cough from the foot of his bed. Charlie whipped his head around and saw…nothing. There was no one else in the room. What, was he hearing things now? Squinting into the darkness, he listened carefully, aware of the low rasp of breath, of the short, muted sniffles.

Still, he saw nothing. He was losing it.

No doubt.

- - -

Lander clung desperately to the last shreds of his power to keep himself from sight as his Charge stared straight at him--or through him. He wasn’t going to be able to hold out much longer. Sweat dampened his skin and blackness misted his vision.

Nothing like this had ever happened to him before. And his nose--something was terribly wrong with it. He knew he should contact Sybilla, inquire into what in the universe was wrong with him, but truthfully he didn’t want her to know about this.

As a Guardian Angel, it was his job to protect, which left no room for mortal weaknesses. To distract himself, he unsheathed his favorite his favorite blade, Neptune, and twirled it between his palms. Damn, she was a beauty.

His Charge’s roommate returned sometime in the night, stumbling drunk into bed like the pathetic little weakling he was. Why his Master wanted some of the pitiful little humans protected, he had no idea. They served no purpose that he could see.

However, it was not his job to question, only to obey. And so he would.

Even if it killed him.

- - -

Yeah...I felt like something a bit different. Let me know if it's okay.

I like this. A lot. I kind of have a thing for sneezy! boys with supernatural powers... Anyway, please continue :)

Oh my god, this is sooooo different from your other stories. I like it. Although, it is a bit confusing (like your other stories) but I'm sure you'll explain everything later. I love all of your characters so far, especially Tracy. Update soon!

BYE! :bleh:

OHH HELL YEEEEES! Scion is back! :kisscheek:

i was wondering when you would come back here ^_^

and again THIS is a very promising story! i´m really exciting about where you will lead us!! :bounce:

i REALLY like the thought of a sniffly sneezy guardian angel VERY much :hyper::thumbsup:

and if i just read m/m in the title/tag you just got me :blushsmiley:

PLEASE MOARRRRR! :evilsmiley03::wub:

DogLover: Thank you so much! And I know what you mean about boys with powers being all sneezy. 5x the hotness. :D

pinknose: Thank you! I'm so glad you like it so far.

Bubbles!: HIIIIIII, darling. Oh, how I have missed you! :lol: And your awesome comments that make me SO DAMNED happy. Thank you so much. And you are correct, everything will make sense in time. :twisted:

Ciuty80: :wub: Yep, I'm back! You know I couldn't stay away. I'd miss you all too much, especially you, my dear. *hugs* I'm so happy that you're happy. And yes, this will be m/m. :D And thank you so much for the comment. You're lovely. (Seriously, when I saw you had commented it made my day!)

obsessed: And the lovely obsessed is gifting me with awesome comments that I love so much! Thank you!

Part Two:

When Charlie returned to his room after Psych, Logan was lying in wait.

“Duuuude,” he moaned, poking his blond head out from under the covers. “I think I’m sick.”

Duuuude, Charlie thought. “Um. Don’t you think it might have something to do with, you know, whatever you were doing last night?” He dropped his Psych book on his desk and sank down into the chair.

“Possibly,” Logan admitted, disappearing beneath his pillow. “But it’s unlikely.”

Okay. Charlie stood abruptly, already needing to get out of the cramped little dorm room and away from his pungent roommate. “Hungry,” he announced, “Later.”

Logan’s head made a reappearance. “Get me something?”

“I don’t think they serve alcohol in the cafeteria,” Charlie replied, heading for the door.

“Yeah, but--”

Charlie waited, hand poised on the doorknob.

“Never mind,” Logan whispered.

Guilt raked at Charlie’s conscience, but he ignored it in favor of rushing out of the musty building and into the fresh, January air.

Charlie made the stroll past Fairbanks and onto Park, replaying his conversation with Logan in his mind. Why did he always have to sound so…dumb?

“Charles Bartholomew Cooper.”

Charlie froze in the middle of the sidewalk, right next to the closed, bead-curtained door of a lady’s boutique. Slowly, he swiveled around and came face-to-face with two abnormally tall dudes--neither of whom looked familiar. Or…did they?

Those eyes, he thought. Big and blue and…Oh…God.

“Greta!” he burst out, then clapped a hand over his mouth. Damn his annoying word-vomit! “Um, I mean, do I know you?”

The slightly shorter of the two curled his lip. “You shouldn’t even be alive to ask me that dumbass question right now, dickhead.”

Was he too old to wet his pants? Because it really didn’t feel like it. Charlie tried to smile, knew he failed. “I’m sorry,” he squeaked.

Pain sketched briefly across the guy’s face, and Charlie realized how young he was--probably only seventeen or eighteen. …and didn’t that make him feel brave! Terrified of a grief-stricken teenager. Oh, yup. He was a truly lovely specimen.

“Are you going to kill me, or just kick the stuffing out of me?” Charlie inquired, beginning to sweat. “Because if it’s the latter, I totally deserve it and I’ll just stay right here and take it, but if you’re planning to kill me, just remember, prison is no place for nice young men like yourselves, so--”

A grunt cut through his little tirade, and both teenagers suddenly went flying back onto their butts, skidding a good five feet down the sidewalk. Passersby stopped to gape.

Charlie blinked. Had he missed something?

But the boys looked just as confused as he felt. Only angrier. Much angrier. Kind of like they wanted to make a pie out of his organs.

Then, seemingly out of nowhere, another guy appeared. This one was even taller, and dressed in dark pants and a tight, gray trench coat. His dark hair swayed in the wind like liquid fire. He had his back to Charlie, his broad shoulders blocking the two teens from view. Very slowly, he turned around, his presence so full of power and electricity Charlie found it hard to look at him, hard even to breathe.

Shadowed green eyes that tipped slightly up at the corners, that seemed to slice through his flesh and into his essence, that reflected a coldness so profound it was a wonder Charlie didn’t simply turn to ice where he stood.

Raw terror chilled his blood at the cruelty he saw written in the man’s expression. In that moment, he felt like a bug, like his life meant absolutely nothing.

And then the moment ended and the thing--the creature, whatever it was…vanished into thin air, leaving him stunned and breathless.

Greta’s brothers stood, spun on their heels, and took off.

Charlie didn’t blame them.

- - -

Sybilla was summoning him. Forcefully.

Which meant he’d have to leave his Charge.

Lander, she yelled inside his mind. Come to me, NOW! Wincing, he did as she instructed, materializing at the foot of her shimmering gold throne.

She glared down at him with eyes like frosted glass, her fiery splashes of hair flowing about her shoulders in a silken caress.

He got down on one knee and bowed his head. “I am sorry, my lady. I have made a grievous error in allowing my Charge to set eyes on me.”

“That is quite the understatement,” she said, her voice like silver bells resounding inside his head. “Larkin,” she said, beckoning the only other person in the room. “Four-thousand lashes should suffice.”

Four-thousand. She was feeling generous.

- - -

He didn’t know where his Charge was. Usually, he could locate the kid without a second thought. Now, it was all he could do to stay conscious. How pitiful he was, unable even to take the smallest of beatings. The wounds on his back had yet to heal; sticky blood clung to his skin, a brutal reminder of his own weakness.

Perched on the edge of his Charge’s bed, he waited, knowing what the consequences would be if his Charge were to be harmed while under his Guard.

Under such circumstances, death would be a blessing.

- - -

Charlie returned to his dorm after a quick lunch. He’d implied to Logan he was going to the cafeteria, and was currently mired in guilt over the little fib. And over Greta. He knew those two gangly teenagers could be none other than her brothers.

Why else would they have wanted to turn him into stew?

Somehow, the thought of Greta having twin brothers, little brothers, made the whole thing even worse. Why had he survived? How was that fair?

Slanted green eyes. Dark, slashing brows.

If he didn’t know better, he’d swear to seeing that odd man before, on the day of the crash. But that was impossible.

“You’re a real sane one, Charlie,” he muttered to himself as he unlocked his door and dragged himself over to his bed. How was it possible to feel this exhausted after a full night’s sleep?

He stared blankly at the posters of half-naked women scattered across the wall around Logan’s half of the room and contemplated punching himself in the face.

This is something I’m meant to protect?” a disembodied voice asked gruffly. “Pathetic little thing is about to self-destruct.”

Charlie blinked, shook his head. Must have been someone in the hallway talking nonsense. Yeah. That made sense.

Shhrriiiiieeeeekkk.

“I don’t hear anything!” Charlie said in a sing-song manner, slamming both palms over his ears. “Some nut-job is obviously not sharpening his weapon of choice in my room right now! No-sir-eeeee! You, Charlie Cooper the fourth, wouldn’t know the sound of knives being sharpened if your last name was freaking Blacksmith!”

Shriiiiiieeeeeek! Shhhnkshhhnk! Screeeeetch!

And throaty laughter.

Yep, that was definitely the sound of deep, mocking laughter.

Charlie leapt to his feet, dove for the door, and flung it open. He swung his gaze up and down the hall, searching for the pranksters. Finding no one, he returned to the room. The closets held no serial killers that he could see.

Annoyed at his fraidy-cat self, he spun in a crazy circle--then froze. There was. A man. On his. Bed. But not just any man. The man.

The slanty green-eyed freaky dude with the ‘I will smite you in the blink of an eye’ aura. And he was lounging there, casually sharpening a wicked looking knife.

Was the room spinning, or was that his head?

Cautiously, he began backing toward the door. If he could just make it into the hall, he could scream for help. Just…a few…more…feet.

He bolted into the corridor and collided with…something. Pain clanged in his skull as he rocked back, catching himself against the wall.

“Charlie!”

He plastered on a bright smile. “Hi, Tracy.”

She grinned back, tugging on her earlobe. “Is the building on fire or something? Should we be running for safety?”

“Huh? Oh, no. I was just…there was this guy in my room and he had this knife and he was, like, sharpening it and…” He sounded absolutely insane. He glanced at his feet.

“Are you sure that wasn’t just Logan?” she inquired sweetly.

Logan? Furrowing his brow, he asked, “How d’you know Logan?”

“He’s my brother,” she said conspiratorially. “It’s unfortunate, really. I came to give him this.” She raised a bottle of Advil and jangled the pills inside. “He went a bit overboard last night. What can you do?”

He nodded stupidly. What would be an appropriate remark at this point? “I like your earrings!”

Her eyebrows shot up. She wasn’t wearing earrings. “Thanks,” she said as if he wasn’t a complete whack-job. “The Mini Mouse ones, right? Logan got them for me, actually. I took them out for my shower. Didn’t want them to get caught in the drain or anything.”

“Uh. Cool.”

“Yeah.”

Awkward pause.

“So, maybe you can give this to my brother for me?” she asked eventually, biting her lower lip.

“Sure, of course.” He took the bottle.

“Thanks. See you around, then, Charlie.”

“Uh-huh.” He bobbed his head, and waved. He dropped the bottle. After a quick dive to pick it up, he mumbled another bye and hustled back toward his room, cheeks burning.

- - -

Huh’mKtt!-uh,” was the first thing he heard upon reentering his room, which pretty much shattered his temporary insanity theory, because really if he was still nuts right now, there was nothing temporary about it.

“Logan?” he called hopefully.

No reply.

Crap in a sack.

Maybe he was just tired. Could fatigue cause auditory hallucinations? Why not? Nodding decisively, he changed into sweats and crawled into bed.

When he woke up, there’d be no more weirdness. None at all.

- - -

Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. P. A. I. N.

Lander groaned, allowing his glamour to slip as he melted into a heap on the floor. He’d thought his damn Charge would never fall asleep.

He’d gotten no more than he deserved, though, and he knew it. He’d let Sybilla down, and the thought made his continued existence almost unbearable. He could not end up like Hadrian--or Erasmus, for that matter. The very idea was abhorrent.

If he ever had any hope of regaining his Cherubim status, he had to keep his Charge alive, whether or not he understood the importance of his task.

But after what had happened to his last Charge…he grimaced as remembered agony claimed him. Virgil.

Nothing, nothing, nothing, he chanted to himself. You remember nothing.

He gathered his knees to his chest and rested his chin on his knuckles. Sometimes it felt to him as though no time had passed, as though Hadrian were just in the next room, as though Era was still off pining away for Charmaine.

uhNXGTshh!

Rubbing his tired eyes, Lander wondered what the Hell was becoming of him. Struck by a mortal illness? Things like this simply did not occur. Ever.

Unless…

“Hh…MMKtchh!”

Damnation! Maybe he’d just cut his damned nose off his face! Then there’d be no more of this pitiable sneezing business.

- - -

The first thing Charlie felt when he woke up was…tired. The first thing he tasted was the boloney sandwich he’d eaten for lunch. The first thing he smelled was smoke. The first thing he heard was: “ehISHuhh!” And the first thing he saw was the eerie glow of neon green eyes.

So, the very first thing he did upon opening his eyes…was scream.

- - -

Sexy sneezy angelness? Yes please. <3 I'm dying to know how Charlie's going to deal with his new angel friend. :3 I suspect that cuteness will ensue!!

You're updating quickly again! Yay!!! And how come everywhere I turn there's a cliffhanger?! They're spreading like the freaking plague!

Then, seemingly out of nowhere, another guy appeared. This one was even taller, and dressed in dark pants and a tight, gray trench coat. His dark hair swayed in the wind like liquid fire. He had his back to Charlie, his broad shoulders blocking the two teens from view. Very slowly, he turned around, his presence so full of power and electricity Charlie found it hard to look at him, hard even to breathe. Shadowed green eyes that tipped slightly up at the corners, that seemed to slice through his flesh and into his essence, that reflected a coldness so profound it was a wonder Charlie didn’t simply turn to ice where he stood.

Oh, I really love this part by the way. It's so descriptive. I can imagine exactly what he looks like even without the picture (which is gorgeous).

“That is quite the understatement,” she said, her voice like silver bells resounding inside his head. “Larkin,” she said, beckoning the only other person in the room. “Four-thousand lashes should suffice.” Four-thousand. She was feeling generous.

Poor Lander! 4000 lashes... jeez.

UPDATE SOON!

Scion's back!! :D OMG! Hmm...I like this story so far. Very different, but...very interesting. I'm intrigued! I can't wait to read more of your writing!

pinknose: Yep, for sure. I have much cuteness planned for the near future. SO happy you're still interested.

obsessed: *really embarrassing happy dance* Yep.

Bubbles!: Ahaha, I've always been very mean when it comes to cliffhangers. I apologize in advance. Just know that I love you. :lol: Thank you for such lovely compliments. Means the world to me! :yay:

Quite Contrary: I missed you all too much to stay away. I'm very glad you're intrigued! :D :D On a side note, I miss your boys. I shall have to go and check in on them soon. *hugs*

DogLover: Sorrrry! I'm basically addicted to cliffhangers! But happy you still like this!!!

Ciuty80: You are even more wonderful! I hope my story ends up deserving all your kindness! :heart:

Part Three:

Lander winced as his Charge let out an obnoxious squawking noise reminiscent of a rooster being murdered. His head was really beginning to ache. With a snap of his fingers, he cut off the terrible sound.

His Charge clutched at his own throat, eyes bugging out, mouth flapping noiselessly. He jumped up and started running around in lopsided circles, arms flailing.

“I’m going to give you your voice back, and when I do you are going to keep your loud mouth shut. Is that clear?”

The kid nodded frantically, his eyes pleading.

With another snap, Lander released his hold over his Charge; he sighed in relief as some of his tension receded. The last thing he needed was to appear weak in front of this whiny little creature.

“If you’re thinking about going somewhere,” Lander said menacingly, “don’t. I’m not in a temper to follow you about.” And if Sybilla notices my lack of glamour she’ll have my hide. But, in his current state, there wasn’t much he could do about that.

His Charge backed himself into a literal corner, hands held up as if in surrender. “You’re like, the grim reaper, aren’t you?” he peeped. “And you’re about to go all Final Destination on me, right? Like, I cheated Death and now Death is here to collect? That’s it, isn’t it?”

“Did someone say my name?”

Lander closed his eyes in horror. “Little fool,” he spat at his Charge. “Now look what you’ve gone and done.”

“Well, jeez, Landy. I’m hurt. I would have thought after all this time you’d be at least a little happy to see your baby bro.” Cloaked in darkness, a figure appeared in the center of the room, violet eyes glowing beneath a shapeless black hood.

“This isn’t happening,” the kid muttered, an expression of terror frozen on the pale oval of his face. “This isn’t happening. Nope, nope, nope. The grim reaper is obviously not standing in my room right now, and he’s obviously not here to drag my soul to the fiery depths of hell for eternal torment. No, no, no, no.”

“Eternal torment, eh?” The Reaper asked conversationally. “Seems a bit harsh. We tend to reserve shit like that for the real baddies. You know, rapists, baby-killers--people who mix boloney and pickles; that’s just wrong.”

Lander’s Charge lost even more color. “I knew I should have gone with the ham and cheese,” he whimpered.

“Pretty much anyone on Santa’s ‘naughty list,’” the Reaper went on thoughtfully as a lit cigarette appeared between his upraised fingers. “And as for Hell being fiery…it’s more of a brisk three-hundred below freezing. But the idea of a ‘fiery hell,’” he said, shuddering with mock terror, “is a common misconception among you homosapiens, so no need to feel inferior.”

The kid just stared, mouth open.

Lander massaged his throbbing temples. He’d thought this day couldn’t possibly get any worse. He should have known better. “What are you doing here, Hadrian?” he asked, unable to prevent weariness from seeping into his voice.

“Ah, but you see,” his brother said, turning to face him, “the real question is: what are you doing here? As in, why can I see you? And, why do you look on Death’s door?” He grinned wickedly at his own joke.

“What concern is it of yours?” Lander snapped. He hadn’t seen his brother in so long he’d almost forgotten what he looked like, and now here he was demanding answers? “You’re the enemy now, little bro. Or have you forgotten?”

“Oh.” The Reaper pouted. “I plead temporary weakness, Landy. Is it really my fault the Darkside has such a delicious array of cookies?”

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!” Lander shouted, causing his Charge to turn white with fright. Not, of course, that he cared.

Hadrian’s expression grew suddenly serious. When he got down on his knees, Lander realized for the first time that he himself was on the floor, slumped in an awkward pile of limbs. How had he not noticed this? Was his mind failing him?

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked in whisper. “Are you trying to get yourself killed?”

Lander shook his head, which caused a spell of dizziness. He shut his eyes and waited for it to pass. Shut his eyes. With the enemy mere inches away. The enemy. Hadrian.

He flattened the back of his wrist across his nose as another bout of exhaustion rolled over him. “HyihCHfff!” Sharp inhale. “IhMxtshh!-uhh.”

If he hadn’t felt so dreadful, he might have laughed at the expression on Hadrian’s face. “But,” the Reaper began in confusion, “…I really didn’t see that one coming.”

- - -

The scary angel-demon-alien thing had just…sneezed. Charlie rubbed his eyes and decided to pretend nothing was amiss. Freaking out like a little girl was not helping, so he might as well go along with this bucket of absurdity.

“HihNKTsuu!” the green-eyed devil sneezed again, an open, almost childish expression gracing his features for the briefest of instants.

Charlie felt the breath leave him as he stared. Beautiful, he thought. So beautiful. He looked down and found that his hand was outstretched, as if he meant to reach for the devil like a moth to flame. How could something so beautiful be so dangerous?

And since when had he become so cliché? He was meant to be a freaking English major and the best he could do was some trite, open-ended question?

“You know what you need?” the freaky guy in the black robe was saying to the other freaky guy with the dangerous eyes.

“I really wish you wouldn’t tell me,” Charlie’s guy--Green Eyes--replied, dropping his head into his hands.

“What you need,” Robe Guy went on cheerily, “is a night on the town. Come on, big brother, when’s the last time you had a little bit of fun, eh? I bet you can’t even remember. Tell me, am I right?”

“There is more to life,” Green Eyes gritted, rage clouding his features, “than so-called fun. But, considering how selfish and short-sighted you are, I wouldn’t expect you to r-realize--hNXT!uh--realize that,” he concluded on a shaky sigh.

“I think your body is trying to tell you something.” Robe Guy stood, snapped his fingers, and conjured a bottle of Bud. He kept chugging away at it, but somehow it never seemed to empty. Finally, after at least ten minutes of non-stop guzzling, he took a break to say, “Damn, I love this shit. You want some, bro?”

Green Eyes worked his jaw, said nothing. Were these two seriously related?

“Don’t you have some poor soul to be harvesting?” Green Eyes finally found his voice--and it was deadlier than ever.

“Nope. I get Tuesday’s off. But it’s back to torturing little old ladies in netted stockings first thing tomorrow.” He threw a wink over his shoulder at Charlie, who cringed back in alarm. “I like the suspense.”

“That’s…nice,” Charlie managed weakly. Was he shaking? Because it really felt like he was shaking. Or was that an earthquake? A meteor?

“GET. OUT. HADRIAN.” Green Eyes rose to his full height, at least two heads taller than Charlie’s, and commenced a staredown with his brother.

Maybe they’d both lose? Maybe it was some kind of epic staredown--like, to the death! And why the heck did that thought make him anxious?

Because you don’t want Green Eyes hurt, the devil on his shoulder informed him. No, you want him all to yourself.

Oh. Jeez.

- - -

His Charge clutched at his own throat, eyes bugging out, mouth flapping noiselessly. He jumped up and started running around in lopsided circles, arms flailing.

Hahahahahaha!!! That made me laugh so hard that my ribs hurt!

Because you don’t want Green Eyes hurt, the devil on his shoulder informed him. No, you want him all to yourself.

Ahhh, no. No. I have decided that Lander is now mine. Charlie does not get him. He's mine.

Update soon!

HOLY COW!!! girl you are fast! :eek:

really cool update! i like the conversation between "landy" and hadrian and how the "charge´s" brain is going nuts :sillybounce:

like i said before with m/m stories you always get me! :yes::blushing:

please more! :wub:

Bubbles!: Haha, well I'm glad you like Lander! Annnnd thank you again for commenting; you rock!

pinknose: :lol: That's so nice to hear.

Akahana: Thank you! Glad you like it.

obsessed: You may have to fight off a few others for dibs, but I have faith in you. :D

Ciuty80: Hehe, I'm trying to update as fast as I used to so you all don't have to wait. I'm so happy you like this!

Part Four:

“I’m not going to a nightclub.”

“You are.”

“I am. Not.”

“You are.”

“Not.”

“Are.”

“Not.”

“You two are acting like my little sister Mary,” Charlie cut in. Did he really have to be subjected to this on a school night?

Both pairs of eyes fixed on him, narrowed in annoyance. Annnd, he was about to wet himself like the coward he was. “Don’t mind me. I didn’t say anything.”

“I think you did,” Robe Guy growled. “And I’m kind of offended, so I think a little eternal torment would do you good after all.”

Pure. Terror. Couldn’t. Breathe. Someone. Help. Him. Sweet. Lord. He was going to faint, going to fall over unconscious.

Robe Guy cackled gleefully, patting Charlie’s shoulder with a corpse-like hand. “I’m just messing with you, big guy. No worries!”

“You are so predictable,” Green Eyes grumbled, scratching the tip of his pinkened nose. “I swear, it’s as if you’ve digressed--if that’s even possible, which I doubt.”

“Oh, I don’t doubt it,” Robe Guy chuckled. “But I am a smidge offended.”

“You don’t look offended.”

“And you cannot even see my face.” He pointed to his hood for emphasis. “So you really wouldn’t know, would you?”

“gHTssh!eew!”

“Was that some kind of insult?” Robe Guy asked mockingly.

A world of weariness opened up in the green eyes, there for only a blink before fading away into nothing. “Maybe you’re too easily offended, Hadrian. Every time I blink it’s ‘I’m so offended,’ ‘oh, how deeply you have offended me.’ Why don’t you try getting over it instead of acting like a suckling babe?”

“Where’s the fun in that?”

“Fun, fun, fun, fun. Is that the only word you know?”

“I’m just gonna…visit the toilets,” Charlie mumbled, hoping to be unobtrusive as he slunk for the door. No such luck.

“You,” Green Eyes said, rising to tower over him, “are not going anywhere.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure.” Robe Guy draped an arm around Charlie’s shoulders and the other around Green Eyes.

Charlie didn’t even have time to scream before he was suddenly in some kind of swaying glob of sweaty, smelly bodies--also known as a nightclub. He’d never actually been in one before, but he’d seen them in movies.

Tooootally normal, he tried to reassure himself. Teleportation is like, a matter of science. There is nothing paranormal or weird about it.

“What have you DONE!?” Green eyes was roaring, a silvery glow emanating from him in pulsing waves.

Had someone just…stung him? Charlie wondered. Or…bitten him? He rubbed his neck, watching as Green Eyes grabbed his brother by the shoulders and shook.

“Take us back!” Green Eyes demanded, jabbing an elbow into the face of a pixie-looking girl who dared ogle him. “Damn faeries,” he muttered. Somehow, despite the roar of the music and the tumult of sounds surrounding them, the guy’s voice was completely clear. “You t--take u-us…” Annoyance, then resignation dominated his expression as he brought his wrist up to his nose; his body shuddered noiselessly. His shoulders lifted, tense, then shot forward as a another convulsion rocked him to his toes.

Robe Guy, whose face Charlie had yet to see, conjured up another beer and proceeded to drown himself for what felt like years. With a loud burp, he exclaimed, “Damn! That never gets old. Now, were you saying something?”

Green Eyes opened his mouth, but before he could get anything out, they were once again somewhere else: the club’s roof. Ohh, no. Charlie didn’t do heights. Dropping to his hands and knees, he squeezed his eyes shut and tried to breathe. When had it gotten so dark!?

“HuhNXFuu!” Green eyes sneezed, the ragged scraps of a sigh escaping him before scaling upward until he released another, wetter sounding “ehCHDSShh!”

“Is something amiss, my brother?” Robe Guy--Hadrian, Charlie guessed--asked with faux sincerity. “A certain of your appendages has been rather vocal this evening, as I’m sure you’re well aware. Be there any significance behind this, would you say?”

Charlie peeked open an eye to see Green Eyes cover his face with his hands. “If I say please, will you just take us back?” he said through his fingers.

“You can’t just ignore this, Lander,” Hadrian said, sounding eerily serious.

Yes,” Green Eyes--Lander?-- said firmly. “I can.

“And you said I haven’t changed?” Hadrian let out a bitter laugh. “What about you, big brother? You’re as stubborn and pig-headed as ever--no, you’re more stubborn and pigheaded than ever.”

“Like I care what you think! Huh’NNK’schh! Hhh.” Lander’s features seemed to fold together, tightening to the point of breaking before snapping free as another sneeze shot up from his toes and rumbled through him. “HrrkGTSHussh!”

A red haze formed around Hadrian as he ground out, “Now am I allowed to be offended?” and took a threatening step toward his brother.

Something like confusion hovered around Lander’s lips, causing them to part as if in surprise. “No,” he said hoarsely. “You proved you didn’t care when you left us. I have no reason to take your apparent sensitivity into account.”

The ruby mist around Hadrian dimmed. “It seems my sensitivity is not the only thing you’ve failed to take into account.”

Lander averted his gaze, almost in shame, but not quite. “What happened to Larissa was not your fault.”

A resentful husk of laughter. “And Mira? Was that ‘not my fault’ as well?”

After a slight hesitation, Lander replied, “Coster is to blame.”

“Defending me, are you?” Within the sea of robes, Hadrian seemed to shrink. “How unexpected.”

Lander lifted one shoulder, then gave in to a visible shiver. “ahKXGmmshh!--SHHNktchhff!” He repressed the final sneeze against his wrist. “ihpNGG!-uu.”

“I think maybe you’re allergic to me,” Charlie peeped, an idea hitting him. “I should probably just go! I wouldn’t want to cause you any more discomfort or anything!”

Footsteps approached from behind, and Charlie pivoted in fright, his gaze landing on a very tall, very slim woman. Her skin was like sun kissed glass, her eyes like pale, luminous orbs in a heart-shaped face framed by tumbles of flaxen ringlets. An elegant gold dress poured over her delicate frame in glistening swells.

“Mirabelle?” Hadrian croaked, his voice a shriveled rasp.

She smiled grimly, revealing a pair of glistening fangs. “Hi, Dad.”

- - -

OMG!!!!!! I have officially blown up. BOOM!... See, there I go. Burst to smithereens. It's your fault. Your writing is just too good (and angsty) for my brain. But don't worry! I shall be whole again before your next update, where I'm sure I'll be blown away again! UPDATE SOON!

@obsessed: Haha, good to hear! Hope you like the results.

@Bubbles!: LOL!!!!!! Best comment ever. I hope this update lives up to your expectations! <3

Part Five:

Dad? Charlie thought. That…demon-thing had a daughter?

“Wha…?” Hadrian’s murmur faded into nothing as he slowly lurched toward this ‘Mirabelle’ person. With each step, he seemed to grow smaller. “M-Mira?”

She reached out a spidery hand to him; he took it into his own, then brought her palm up toward his hidden face, presumably resting it on his cheek.

“Have you…are you…?” Hadrian bowed his head.

“I’m better, Dad. Yes.” But the sadness in her voice belied her words. “And I’ve missed you. I have, you know. Deeply.”

The robed shoulders began to shake. “I’m sorry I didn’t protect you, angel. I’m so, so sorry. I--”

“Angel?” Mirabelle interrupted with a scoff. “Hardly.” And then her free hand was shooting out, glinting with silvery gold as it plunged through the ripples of black cloak.

“HADRIAN!” Lander bellowed, exploding in silvery starlight as he lunged for Mirabelle, his eyes burning with wrath. He seemed to hit some type of invisible barrier and was flung backward, flying to the ground with a strangled moan.

It’s just a little familial argument, Charlie reasoned, trying to keep from losing it completely. I’m sure they’ll work everything out with a nice, friendly hug.

Hadrian fell to his knees, clutching his midsection as blood poured from where his mouth should have been. Mirabelle leaned down to press a kiss to the top of his robed head, and--for the quickest of heartbeats--she looked up and straight into Charlie’s eyes and he saw that on her cheek, a scarlet tear fell.

Then, as Hadrian pitched forward onto his face, she vanished into thin air.

Lander surged to his feet, racing for his brother and crouching urgently by his side. “Hadrian--oh, Hell and Damnation, Hadrian, speak to me!

“You’re…dirtying your…tongue, big brother,” was the feeble reply.

Face set like stone, Lander gently rolled Hadrian onto his side, his hands searching the lake of black for a wound. His jaw clenched. “She’s used celestial gold,” he grunted.

“Yes, I rather figured.” A low moan. “Quite painful.”

Lander made to draw back the hood, but Hadrian caught his wrist with a hissed “don’t!” before succumbing to a bout of rasping coughs. Ignoring his brother, Lander yanked back the hood--and immediately closed his eyes, skin turning the color of spoiled milk.

Bracing himself, Charlie craned his neck to get a good look--then wished he hadn’t. If he’d had any doubts before, he now could be certain that Hadrian was anything but human; in all honestly, he was nothing more than a corpse, corporeal death. His skin was gray and leathery, his face all sharp angles and hollowed-out cheeks and two empty caverns where his eyes should have been.

As Charlie’s throat began to close, a new sound caught his attention. Lander’s face was streaked with tears, his chest heaving with great, rib-cracking sobs as he drew Hadrian up to his chest and cradled him there like a baby.

“What have they done to you?” he moaned between gasps. “No, no, this can’t be. This isn’t real; it’s not real.”

“Give him to me.”

Both Charlie and Lander whipped around to see yet another unexpected visitor. This one was very tall and very young-looking, with a cherubic face; something about him reminded Charlie of Lander himself.

“Erasmus?” Lander asked in awe. “You’ve returned?”

“I said, give him to me,” the newcomer boomed. “Now, before it is too late!”

Lander stood, lifting Hadrian with him. New Guy, Erasmus, took Hadrian into his own arms, whispering, “It will be all right, brother. I’ve got you safe.” He looked up, met Lander’s gaze. “It’s good to see you, other brother.” And with a nod, he, like Mirabelle, disappeared, taking Hadrian’s limp form with him.

“But…where…?” Lander swayed on his feet and Charlie, acting instinctively, rushed to his side to steady him as the tall man suddenly shook with a wrenching sneeze. RSSHussshhh!” - and then another - “ughNTSHshhxshh!”

“Um…Lander? That is your name, right? So, um, yeah, d’you think we could maybe…I don’t know…go home or something? I mean, like back to my dorm? Because it’s sort of a school night, as in I have class at 8AM and kinda need to sleep if I don’t want to flunk out and end up living on the streets, begging for spare change.”

“Hey.” Lander peered down at him, eyes hooded sleepily.

Charlie felt pinned, a helpless bug at the mercy of this creature’s whim. “Mmhm?”

“Shut the Hell up.”

Oh. “Okay, whatever you say.” Charlie was hoping not to get killed in the next little while, even as life itself grew more and more daunting.

Lander’s hand came to rest atop his head, and with a rush of air and what sounded like the beating of wings, he was back in his dorm room as though he’d never left. Immediately he dropped down and kissed the floor--then called himself an idiot. Really, who did stuff like that? Losers, that’s who, and Charlie Cooper was not a loser.

“heh’IXN’gnuuh!”

Charlie glanced up at Lander and was struck anew by his stunning beauty, which was so intense as to be near fatal. As his heart galloped, Charlie slowly stood and took a few hesitant steps toward his visitor.

“I don’t know who or what you are or why you’re here or what you plan to do with me, and I know I should be scared poopless right now, but the thing is you’re just so damn gorgeous and it’s kinda distracting and like, I kinda want to kiss you--but not in a perverted way, you know. Like art. Because…you…are like art. Perfection.”

And, oh God, his mother was right: he really needed to learn when to shut his mouth.

But Lander was just staring at him, eyes slightly glazed as the nostrils of his long, elegant nose began to flare and his cushiony lips to part. Into his wrist, he stifled another pair of breathy sneezes. “ehh-hihMKnuu! - ih - isshhhngg!-nuhh.”

Charlie was about to go to him, when the door suddenly banged open and in stumbled Logan the Lush. Great. Just what he needed.

- - -

“I don’t know who or what you are or why you’re here or what you plan to do with me, and I know I should be scared poopless right now, but the thing is you’re just so damn gorgeous and it’s kinda distracting and like, I kinda want to kiss you--but not in a perverted way, you know. Like art. Because…you…are like art. Perfection.”

And, oh God, his mother was right: he really needed to learn when to shut his mouth.

this just made me grin like an idiot :D

ohmygawd! Scion you are way too FAST in writing!!! it´s meant to be positive ^_^!!!

i like all of this scenario, everything is perfect!

although you put 2 pictures at the beginning of this story i just made my own ones in my silly brain :blush:

i´m SO excited what will happen next :bounce:

please MOARRRRRR! :wub:

Archived