Sneeze Fetish Forum

When you first joined

Pokesneeze

All these people who were eager to talk from the beginning are so weird to me. laughing.gif I can't imagine what it's like to be so confident! But good for you all. biggrin.png

Funny, because I don't really see why anybody should be shy in a community like this - it's online, it's (relatively) anonymous, you're among people who know exactly how you feel about the fetish (or at least to an extent)... I do understand being shy and secretive ABOUT the community IRL, but around here, safe inside the crazy playground? No, man. Joyous liberation all the way! yes.gif

Well I can't speak for VFP, but by the time I arrived here I was in my late thirties. I grew up in a time when there was no internet, and subjects such as this one were utterly taboo in the circles in which I moved. Starting to chat to anyone, anywhere on the internet was quite a big deal, and talking to anyone at all about anything fetish related was something I had spent thirty years avoiding. Those who are young enough to have grown up with the internet have had a very different introduction to life.

All these people who were eager to talk from the beginning are so weird to me. laughing.gif I can't imagine what it's like to be so confident! But good for you all. biggrin.png

Funny, because I don't really see why anybody should be shy in a community like this - it's online, it's (relatively) anonymous, you're among people who know exactly how you feel about the fetish (or at least to an extent)... I do understand being shy and secretive ABOUT the community IRL, but around here, safe inside the crazy playground? No, man. Joyous liberation all the way! yes.gif

Well I can't speak for VFP, but by the time I arrived here I was in my late thirties. I grew up in a time when there was no internet, and subjects such as this one were utterly taboo in the circles in which I moved. Starting to chat to anyone, anywhere on the internet was quite a big deal, and talking to anyone at all about anything fetish related was something I had spent thirty years avoiding. Those who are young enough to have grown up with the internet have had a very different introduction to life.

Well said, Vetinari!! This has been my experience as well.....

We were just discussing this in chat the other day, but for whatever reason I feel much more confident offline than on. It could have something to do with the fact that anything I write here will be floating around forever like cyber-spacedust, for the whole world to see. Go figure. :/

I have always been more open and chatty online than in actuality with people. When I joined this forum a hundred years ago, it was small (in comparison). I enjoyed the communication and the friendships brought on from posting, or commenting on a topic. I didn't do it much, but I wasn't scared to when I had something to say.

Now, I feel like the outsider in the group so I tend to quietly observe, and post in off-topic discussions. I'm a little more hesitant to post everywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I was scared to say anything for the first nine months or so, though there were quite a few reasons behind that. :lol: Now for the most part I don't get too nervous.

• 2 months later...

Yeah it took me a little while to start posting or to even register. And I'm still in the phase of trying to figure out how the "flow" of posting if you will; like how much should I post or what topics should i post to or is there a such thing as posting too much in one day.

I was probably in little-kid-denial-confusion so I avoided this forum for a solid 3 months altogether on Google searches. Then I started reading and avoided registering for a good month. heh.gif

But once I hopped onto the bandwagon I'm pretty sure I began posting right away! (And SO gratuitously that people wanted me to get off LOL. Don't do it kids!)

When I first joined, I posted a lot. These days, only a few things, and I get about 1-3 posts a month. That said, when I first joined I hardly touched chat at all, but now I'm there whenever I get the chance

Yeah, mostly because I was scared of being discovered by my parents or siblings for being on such a site (I didn't have my own computer then).

I was also getting past my stage of denial, learning more about the fetish, and just trying to settle in without drawing too much attention to myself.

Once I got a bit more comfortable (and a little less shy), I stumbled into the Chat Room on a whim and met some really cool people (like Obby wink.png).

They managed to coax out a more talkative side of me, which eventually led to me being more active around the forum.

Recently, I've been preoccupied with school, so I haven't been posting as much. Although, I do try to participate when I can.

Yeah it took me a little while to start posting or to even register. And I'm still in the phase of trying to figure out how the "flow" of posting if you will; like how much should I post or what topics should i post to or is there a such thing as posting too much in one day.

How much you want to post, and where, is entirely up to you. The only general (and UNofficial, I am no part of the Staff and in fact hugely butting in on their ground here) guideline is: put a little bit of effort into your posts. This does not mean that you have to write a 500-word essay on exactly how much and why you liked a particular observation or story, but neither is it a good idea to reply to sixteen different observations saying only "Thanks for sharing!" each time. Yes, those are the extremes. :) But you see what I mean.

Read whatever you like, say what you want to say about it, and don't be afraid. We're all nice here, or at least always trying to be, and even those of us who aren't always nice (me, for instance) won't bite your head off when you post something that not everyone agrees with. If anything, most of us seem to like people who really talk along, if you know what I mean.

Be as open as you like to be about yourself. No more. No less. Tell us your stories and observations and show us your drawings - if you want to. We're overall a pretty appreciative audience. :)

Above all, enjoy. We are all the cool kids in the crazy playground, and we are all here to have good times with this wonderful inside joke that is our fetish!

I started posting pretty much the moment I found out my account had been validated. I waited a couple days and was so impatient because I didn't want to have that feeling of backing out, since I'd been here for over a year before making an account. But the reason I didn't wait a moment is because I'd read soooo many stories that I absolutely loved that I wanted to comment on them all at once and tell everyone how amazing they were for writing them. XD I wasn't too nervous because I'd already lurked so long and figured out who was who to some extent and figured out pretty much everyone on here was nice, or at least civil. So once I knew that, I didn't feel so hesitant about posting as I would have if I'd just jumped in and joined upon discovering the forum. I feel like it's a pretty smallish community, too - smaller than somewhere like deviantART anyway - which I love.

I was worried that I posted way too much, like 5 every day when I saw a lot of people were posting like 1 or 2 times every day. I tried to tone it down, mostly because I discover old threads - mostly stories that I go back and read and love just as much every time - and I don't want to keep bumping those. After reading Maru's post above me, though, I feel a little less guilty for posting a lot. XD I'm just glad I started posting here, though. I think going in posting a lot immediately made it easier to be part of the forum for me. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! I'm still hesitant to post at times (see my low post count after 8 years...). It's silly because it's just the internet, but I'm always afraid my posts will be stupid/unintersting. The forum is also kinda public which makes me paranoid about revealing too much of myself haha uhoh.gif .

I was nervous the first time and just like Cherry; I'm still hesitant to post sometimes. Or, pretty much every time I write a post, actually - for many different reasons. Though, I hide behind my pictures more often than not and that works fine. ; )

This one works also: mf_zippy.gif

If it's at all assuring, Nova, your posts, art or no, are always interesting ;). That and your sig just makes me happy/evnious every time I see it.

• 1 month later...

I was nervous when I first joined the site and didn't post anything, then I joined sneezefurs and entered the chat room and met people over there.

And eventually I plucked up the courage to post on that forum before this one. And it went over well people liked my stories and I continued to write and I improve with each story I write.

Now I'm here trying to become part of this hard to join group who share the same love for sneezing that I do.

But once I hopped onto the bandwagon I'm pretty sure I began posting right away! (And SO gratuitously that people wanted me to get off LOL. Don't do it kids!)

Obby, it's so funny you said this ... I was looking for an old post in the archieves earlier today or yesterday and I found like, 2 full pages of continuous threads where you were the last reply! I kind of chuckled and thought, "Our little Obby has grown up so much!" Haha!

I spent quite a while just reading the forum without registering and I didn't bother to make an account until I read something that made me really want to comment. It was still quite nerve wracking though because it seemed such a close-knit community to try to break into. Glad you are finding things a bit less frightening now Pokesneeze!

I feel this way as well. For the lurker looking in it can feel intimidating. Everyone seems to know each other and posting feels like trying to jump into a game of double dutch with your eyes closed hoping not to get hit by the ropes. (Edited to say: that sounded better in my head ... lol) But I do think the community is SOOOO welcoming, and it's easy to make friends. I love the people here! There is really no need to be afraid of posting.

When I first joined, I figured the best thing to do would be to try and post, so I replied to topics whenever appropriate. But since I joined the community for the sole purpose (jk, I love talking to you guys, too <333) of starting my "Hetalia" thread, I began putting up stories almost immediately. And, I've gotten a really great response from you guys! A month and a half after joining, I still feel like a complete newbie, but I can't thank all of you enough for making me feel welcome, always. :)

Archived