Sneeze Fetish Forum

Chatroom issue?

Joal 555

Is anyone else able to access the chatroom or is the problem specific to me? When I try to enter, it says "Error, click for details" but then there is nothing to click, so I am none the wiser.

This may be a coincidence but since last using the chatroom, I updated Java (as prompted to by my computer).

Um, not exactly sure what's going on there, but I, too, think it may be something with the update. Especially if there were no problems before, and I just had no issues getting in. Hope it can get fixed soon!

I have resolved the issue (for the time being) by uninstalling version 7 of Java, and going back to version 6

Do any of you IT literate people out there know if this has any security implications. I have previously been told by my anti-virus provider to always run Java updates as that gives added security against viruses (so they said)

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Glad you got it sorted, Joal. As far as I'm aware, there are no security implications involved in running an earlier version of Java, at least I have never encountered any. Your computer will automatically prompt you to update to the latest version of whatever you have installed on it, but to be honest I don't often do this, as I find that later versions of some programmes actually mess about with your computer more than the earlier versions do. My advice...stick with what works and you will be fine :).

Archived