Sneeze Fetish Forum

Where do you get your username from?

Natsuko

Similar to that fun thread started by AnonyMouse about icons. :)

I find it very interesting to look at all of our usernames and see how unique they are. For some, it's very obvious where you get yours and what it means (you know who you are!). For others, maybe not so much. If you're willing to share, I'd love to know what inspired the name that all of us on the forum know you by.

I guess I can't very well start something like this without answering it myself, huh? :D Here goes:

My mom is a fourth-generation Japanese-American and my dad is a first-generation Vietnamese. So, when my sister and I were born, they gave us an American first name, a Vietnamese middle name, a Japanese SECOND middle name, and we inherited our dad's Vietnamese last name. (That's right, TWO middle names! How awesome is that!? XD)

Long story short, "Natsuko" is a variant of my Japanese name, so it's quite meaningful. Pretty cool, right?

That's awesome. :D And this is an awesome idea for a thread.

I actually kind of stole mine from a nonny mouse, who had some stories on some old sneezefic site that I used to lurk on back before I became an active member on the forum. I wanted to remain anonymous but still have some kind of persona, and I'm not like a huge fan of mice or anything but they are cute (and coincidentally I later became a fan of a show in which the protagonist is an alcoholic mouse, so it fits even more).

Also I can't type anonymous anymore without adding an e on the end.

I actually kind of stole mine from a nonny mouse, who had some stories on some old sneezefic site that I used to lurk on back before I became an active member on the forum.

I actually only just realised a couple of weeks ago that you aren't the same person as A Nonny Mouse. :blushing:

As for mine, the Ouroboros is a mythical serpent eating it's own tail that appears in a lot of ancient cultures. It's said to encircle the earth and generally represents cycles and re-birth. It's also known as the world serpent and in Norse mythology it's called Jörmungandr and it's said that when it lets go of it's tail, the world will end.

I used to go by another name, but I realized that I had used it somewhere before and people I know had a chance of finding my identity so I changed it to something super generic and corny. though I am a big fan of retro videogames,

Well i do live by a commited straight edge life style and then one of my favorite wrestlers is Zack Ryder so that's where Ryder comes from...and for some reason i just really love the name Ryder idk why lol

Alexys is my alter ego and also one of the main characters in my novel. 52 is my families number. When we want to exaggerate with a number we always say 52 or a variation on it. It comes from my uncle who is a pilot and he and his buddies used to do the same thing.

Sooo... "Boka" is the variation on my surname and it has been my nickname for a long time. Later, Shakira realased that song named "Loca" and when it was playing on someone's birthday party, one of my friends yelled out: "Loca Loca Boka!"

That one suited me sooo good, because I was always the freaky one, and when I joined, I decided to use it here.

sexyhankysneeze

i find sneezing sexy

i find hankies sexy, especially while they are being blown/wiped into

Shall I regale you with exciting tales of the periodic table? :3

I think not. Copper is a username I have only recently adopted to replace an older one, chosen

because it is my favourite metal, because of my hair and that of many of my OC's and because as far

as usernames are concerned I'm a great fan of short, clear nouns without embellishment.

If I see another "xXx::SnYprrKILLaZZ666::xXX" I will...do something bad.

Copper it is.

The story behind mine isn't more interesting than that one of my oldest characters is called Nova. She was my favourite back then and I really prefer short and simple usernames (With the possible exception of "xXx::SnYprrKILLaZZ666::xXX" which is an absolutely splendid username). I still like Nova very much and will probably never forget it - which is a good thing!

lol you guys.... XDDD

Hmmm, so it seems that most people's usernames are much more personal than I first thought. Fascinating... *jots down note in field book*

VoOs was a graffiti tag I created for myself during an art class in 6th grade, initially inspired by a pet name I used for my first guinea pig (it doesn't get more gangsta than that).

I liked how the letters looked together, and I've been stuck with it ever since.

Mine's not very personal at all. I wanted something completely different from my main username and I joined on February 28, so the leap year was on my mind (even though it wasn't actually a leap year).

"Paws" was my first official alias- on DeviantART, anyway xD I don't even remember how I came up with it- I came up with "Puppy" prior to that, but somehow "Paws" just stuck with me, and I wound up using it everywhere. So naturally when I joined here, it only made sense that I'd go by "Paws".

VoOs was a graffiti tag I created for myself during an art class in 6th grade, initially inspired by a pet name I used for my first guinea pig (it doesn't get more gangsta than that).

I liked how the letters looked together, and I've been stuck with it ever since.

I've always loved the way your name looks. I don't normally like writing with alternating capitals and lower case, but something about the little o followed by the big O is terrible pleasing to the eye.

(Of course it's gangsta, isn't that what the G in homie-g stands for? Guinea pig?)

I've always loved the way your name looks. I don't normally like writing with alternating capitals and lower case, but something about the little o followed by the big O is terrible pleasing to the eye.

(Of course it's gangsta, isn't that what the G in homie-g stands for? Guinea pig?)

I always read your name as vooOOOoos because of the big O after the small o. It's very fun in my head. :D

As for my name, it's pretty boring. It's my first name, twice (yeah, my name isn't Jennifer - it really is just 'Jen'). I've got a handful of friends who have called me JenJen since probably 5th or 6th grade. I suppose I should've been more concerned with picking a name that no one close to me would recognize as belonging to me, but ehh. I like JenJen.

Have thought about mine for a fair while. I didn't want any generic name, but one that 'felt right' I suppose. A pseudonym of sorts I wouldn't mind being stuck with for the rest of my life. And I had just read The Nibelungenlied. :lol:

So I knew vaguely what tradition I wanted my name from so I went to behindthename.com to find one that sounded good and had a meaning to it that I liked. After some list-making and list-reducing I picked Sigrith, as a compromise between 'Sigrid' and the old norse version of it, 'Sigrithr'.

I thought yours was familiar, Mouse ^_^

Mine is simply a "Japaneseified" version of my nickname. If ever I get detected by my Muggle acquaintance as a member of this crazy playground, it'll not be through my username though. I use this avatar EVERYWHERE. Probably not so smart, but oh well!

Mine's not very personal at all. I wanted something completely different from my main username and I joined on February 28, so the leap year was on my mind (even though it wasn't actually a leap year).

You totally joined on my birthday. What a treat. :3

My original username was ScotGirl (because I wanted something that conveyed some info about me and I didn't realise location and gender could be displayed anyway- I'm a bit dim). When I changed it to something less utilitarian I kept the "sc" sound, trying to keep some continuity and hopefully make it easier for folk to remember who I was. I love sci-fi. I like pronouncing words in silly ways. Thus, Skiffy was born.

My name is taken from a silly, unknown, little song by Paul McCartney.

Since I like the Beatles, I wanted to have a name that Beatles fans would recognize but not everyone else ;)

Besides, I love Paul's wife Linda McCartney (who has sadly passed away because of cancer), so I thought the name would be even more fitting for me!

Aaaand, I love the word "lovely", I don't know why, but it is just so...uhm...lovely =D

So, LovelyLinda it is. Yeah, also a fan of clear usernames here. :)

At least everybody really truly likes their own name! I find some of these reasons and back stories just amazing.

I was chatting online with two of my really good friends and we were discussing setting up email addresses. I mentioned something about getting stuck with an email name that you don't really like, and one of them said, "Yeah, like 'cutepenguins@gmail.com'". XDDD (She's a really strange one, that girl...)

But I guess on this forum, you can always change your name if you want. :)

When I joined I had to choose a name quite quickly so decided to go for a real name that sounded sneezy to me, like Horatio or Horatius or, well guess what? As Google reveals, Count Tisza was Prime Minister of Hungary in WWI. I added the de [or displaced it], because I thought it sounded sneezier. And I now discover that Tisza was involved in the great Handkerchief Election.

I don't really like it, but so few people recognize me that I don't want to confuse those who do by becoming Horatius.

When I joined I had to choose a name quite quickly so decided to go for a real name that sounded sneezy to me, like Horatio or Horatius or, well guess what? As Google reveals, Count Tisza was Prime Minister of Hungary in WWI. I added the de [or displaced it], because I thought it sounded sneezier. And I now discover that Tisza was involved in the great Handkerchief Election.

I don't really like it, but so few people recognize me that I don't want to confuse those who do by becoming Horatius.

Well. I've wanted to know this ever since the first time I saw your name. I'm glad I read this before falling asleep, because now I can do it happily.

My username is the title of a BonJovi song (why do I feel like I've answered this question before?).

As in, "Like a favourite pair of torn blue jeans, the skin I'm in is alright with me. It's not old. Just older."

That is my second favourite BonJovi song. My first is too long to fit as a username. It happens to be the title of my blog, though.

Archived