Sneeze Fetish Forum

Shows You Miss

Graham Cracked

I missed Dr Who from 1989 to 2005 (save for the 1996 TV movie) - and then it came back, only better!

Dreams CAN come true.........

Very true, i'm so glad i was only 3 when the original series stopped- don't think i could have waited 15 years... Am i right that the BBC never really announced they where cancelling it at the time?

For me it would have to be

The Tudors: I really feel they could have gone on & told the stories/reigns of Edward, Mary & Elizabeth- i mean i know we've had quite a few movies/mini-series on Elizabeth's reign ( BBC version with Glenda Jackson being the ultimate one biggrin.png) but i feel they could have gone into much more detail in the series if they'd gone that far- i mean why call it 'The Tudors' if your only going to show Henry VIII? wallbash.gif

YES!!!! And here I was thinking that I was the *only* one. And they had really set up and established Mary's personality in particular. It would have been fantastic. I was SOOOO disappointed.

The Tudors: I really feel they could have gone on & told the stories/reigns of Edward, Mary & Elizabeth- i mean i know we've had quite a few movies/mini-series on Elizabeth's reign ( BBC version with Glenda Jackson being the ultimate one biggrin.png) but i feel they could have gone into much more detail in the series if they'd gone that far- i mean why call it 'The Tudors' if your only going to show Henry VIII? wallbash.gif

YES!!!! And here I was thinking that I was the *only* one. And they had really set up and established Mary's personality in particular. It would have been fantastic. I was SOOOO disappointed.

Exactly what i thought, they also established Katherine Parr, the Seymour brothers, Elizabeth etc- & they ended just when the power struggle between the protestant supporters of Edward, who wished for religious reform ( Seymour brothers, Cranmer, etc) and Catholic supporters of Mary ( Bishop Gardner, Duke of Norfolk etc) was getting really interesting! There where so many story's to tell & so much they could have done.

I missed Dr Who from 1989 to 2005 (save for the 1996 TV movie) - and then it came back, only better!

Dreams CAN come true.........

Very true, i'm so glad i was only 3 when the original series stopped- don't think i could have waited 15 years... Am i right that the BBC never really announced they where cancelling it at the time?

As far as I remember, it WAS announced.......but then we had years of rumours that it might come back. These were mostly false dawns (with the exception of the 1996 TV Movie) until Russell T Davies inspired a whole new generation.

We will forever be in his debt......

Moonlight, which is weird because it was about a vampire, and I am not really into that kind of thing, despite the twilight and vampire diaries fad. It was actually pretty good, I think I started watching it when I still had satellite and it was on fx or something? Anyway, it only went two seasons, and I hate that they didn't finish. Apparently no one liked it, but I did and I am very picky when it comes to tv shows.

Also, I miss Lost. Total Lostie. I started watching this at my grandparents house because they had the first two seasons on dvd. I was really bored, and even though after reading the back and deciding it looked boring, I watched it anyway. After a few episodes I fell in love. <3 After finally watching the ending though, I can honestly say I wish I had never watched the final few episodes. The way it ended, to me, really sucked!!! Cool, I guess, maybe if you are religious, or like cop-out endings, but... Every time I think about it I get mad. I loved the way each episode was set up. Plus, Sawyer was really hot. Lol. Sorry for rambling. That's it!

Exactly what i thought, they also established Katherine Parr, the Seymour brothers, Elizabeth etc- & they ended just when the power struggle between the protestant supporters of Edward, who wished for religious reform ( Seymour brothers, Cranmer, etc) and Catholic supporters of Mary ( Bishop Gardner, Duke of Norfolk etc) was getting really interesting! There where so many story's to tell & so much they could have done.

Exactly!! That was one of the things that I *Loved* about the series was that despite some of the "soap opera" elements, there were some really great historical backstories. It wasn't "dumbed down" like I worried it would be. And it did seem like it just suddenly stopped. Just because Henry died, so what? Like you said, and I asked my TV out loud at the time, "Isn't the series called "The TUDORS"?? If you wanted it to only be Henry, why not call it the Life and Times of Henry VIII?"

I know... if *we* can manage to snag the actors/actresses/funding... we could finish it for them! ;)

Ummm... my problem is the most of my favorite shows ended before I was born which means I can't really *miss* them, right?

I watched Beetlejuice (animated series, not the movie) a lot as younger, so that is the one I truly miss.

I was also very upset when I finished the 4th season of Blackadder... although I have every regular episode (and the Christmas special) at home on DVD, which means I can watch it any time I want.

Exactly!! That was one of the things that I *Loved* about the series was that despite some of the "soap opera" elements, there were some really great historical backstories. It wasn't "dumbed down" like I worried it would be. And it did seem like it just suddenly stopped. Just because Henry died, so what? Like you said, and I asked my TV out loud at the time, "Isn't the series called "The TUDORS"?? If you wanted it to only be Henry, why not call it the Life and Times of Henry VIII?"

I know... if *we* can manage to snag the actors/actresses/funding... we could finish it for them! wink.png

That is an AMAZING idea tma :D, definitely up for that :)

Here is my list of TV shows I miss, now I've been watching TV for a long time, so it's a long list, mmmkay?

1. Three's Company was one of my all time favorite comedies on TV ever! John Ritter was a brilliant comedic actor!

2. Angie A short lived show from the late 70's that had Robert Hays in it, who I absolutely love.

3. Mac Gyver The man could do anything, although when that show jumped the shark, it really was time to go, I guess.

4. Parker Lewis Can't Lose VFP and I were just dicussing this show today!

5. Friends Yes, I loved that show, and still watch the re-runs.

6. Buffy The Vampire Slayer

7. Rugrats

8. Beverly Hills 90210 The original from the 90's. No matter how bad it got, I still always wanted to watch it, and I miss those characters.

9. Moonlighting

10. The Monkees Yes, even though I watched it first through re-runs, I was sad to know there would never be any more new episodes.

And I agree about waiting for a show to come back. I loved Doctor Who as a kid, and love it even more now!

@ James- Whoo Hoo! Now we have a project. ;)

@ Loca - LOVE Blackadder- it is brilliant! Although- Season 1 I wasn't as into as the rest. I managed to snag all of the seasons for under $2 from the library- they were getting rid of VHS and thankfully I still have one that works (as well as a DVD player).

Oh- and since I just finished the season 2 Sherlock finale and processed how Long of a wair that there will be.... add me to that list. Although at least I know that it Will come.... eventually.

3. Mac Gyver The man could do anything, although when that show jumped the shark, it really was time to go, I guess.

Yes! Yes, oh MacGyver, my first (and only) male love. :lol:

Also, while it's terribly embarrassing to admit, because the show actually sucked, I kind of miss Sunset Beach. I had a hard time admitting that I watched it, but there were so many beautiful women in it. I had such a crush on Olivia. :wub:

Also, while it's terribly embarrassing to admit, because the show actually sucked, I kind of miss Sunset Beach. I had a hard time admitting that I watched it, but there were so many beautiful women in it. I had such a crush on Olivia. wub.png

I forgot about that show! I also enjoyed it the short time it was on air.

And who didn't love MacGyver??? LOL

Darnit! I miss Dragonball. I grew up watching that show. I remember seeing the commercial to it when I was little, and five minutes later, my classmate calls me, yelling, "Did you see that?!? He did the Hadouken!!" Even though I hated Dragonball GT, I couldn't stop watching. And I was sad! Sad!! To see it end. Of course there are reruns, but I want a continuation!!

4. Parker Lewis Can't Lose VFP and I were just dicussing this show today!

Aww yeah. Reminiscing with my Sneesee. heart.gif Have you checked out his new web show yet? Hope you like shit jokes and lots of bare man ass!

I just realized today that I totally miss Clarissa Explains It All. But I'm afraid to go looking for it online because I suspect that I'll think it's dumb now, and I'll destroy my fond memories.

I also miss Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. But only the high school years. It lost some of its appeal when she went to college, and it went straight into the shitter when she grew up and got a job. I thought it was way more fun watching her use her powers on a bitchy cheerleader rather than her no-nonsense boss. tonguesmiley.gif

Oh,so many shows I miss...From cartoons/animes to TV series...

-Buffy the Vampire Slayer

-Cold Case

-The Nanny

-The L Word

-House

-Touched by an angel

-I dream of Jeannie

-ER

-Xena,the Warrior Princess

-Teen Titans

-Courage the Cowardly Dog

- Powerpuff Girls

-Totally Spies!

-Mucha Lucha

-Inuyasha

-Digimon(the first and second seasons)

And I'll miss Grey's Anatomy SO MUCH when it ends!

Archived