* Redneck

* Nerd/Geek

* Indie/Hipster

* Gangsta/Wigga

* Rocker/Metalhead/Punk

* Emo/Scene

* Goth

how would you describe yourself?

Personally i am kind of a rocker/indie mix with a lot of punk and some goth/preppy mixed in :)

Wow! I feel really old.:P I haven't really thought about these subgroupings since I was a teen :bag:. :lol: Errr.... I'm me. Hmmm... I guess if someone categorized me it would be a nerd/preppy combo.

Man, subcultures are even more undefinable than music genres. I have no flamin' clue. :lol:

Back in the heydays some friends and I used to call ourselves "neohippies", though. I guess I could go with that. After all, "neo-hippie" can mean pretty much anything. B)

"I span the genres, Vince. They call me the genre spanner."

"...They call you the spanner."

-- The Mighty Boosh

such a freakin hippie. not my fault, my whole dang state's fault. I also like hipster things, but I'm not a hipster.

(said the hipster)

Whatever I like at the moment. If I like to dress up and wear makeup and high heels, I will. If I want to shuffle around in sweat pants and an oil-stained T-shirt, I will. And everything in between.

That's the beauty of life - when you realise you don't have to choose just one thing. ^_^

Can you be indie without being a hipster?

Sweet Christ, I hope so! I'm definitely way outside the mainstream, but I am absolutely not a douchey hipster. When I was a teenager it was called colossally uncool nerd. I don't even know anymore! I'm just me. Screw the categories.

I know this will make me sound old as dirt, but what the hell is scene? Sounds like someone making an ass of themselves just for the sake of being looked at. laughing.gif

sexyhankysneeze

Nerd, with a splash of indie and rocker. I _hate_ hipsters, though. Can you be indie without being a hipster?

probably.. i dont make the rules ;P

such a freakin hippie. not my fault, my whole dang state's fault. I also like hipster things, but I'm not a hipster.

(said the hipster)

I'm moving there as soon as I can. :laugh:

When I first saw this topic, I was like: "What?" :jawdrop:

I am who I am. I have never tried to classify myself as a member of some subculture.

But... ugh... I guess I should try now.

I am a big nerd/geek sometimes.... And a rocker, too. I used to be such an emo before, so I guess I still have a bit of that aura around me...

I am who I am. I have never tried to classify myself as a member of some subculture.

Nobody's forcing you, you know. :) If you don't want to do it, then don't! That's the best thing about THIS subculture: no peer pressure of any kind. (Yes, I do consider this community a subculture. Arguments against more than welcome!)

When I first saw this topic, I was like: "What?" jawdrop.gif

I am a big nerd/geek sometimes.... And a rocker, too. I used to be such an emo before, so I guess I still have a bit of that aura around me...

I felt like that with reading the topic. I sort of thought that it was a general "describe yourself thing" and I had to figure out the subculture thing. I'm just me as well. It's fine! :wub: If you identify w/ a certain type of culture that's fine, but you don't have to. :)

Pureblood nerd and metalhead. I've noticed that the two usually go hand-in-hand. A lot of nerds are metalheads, but not all metalheads are nerds. Hmm,....

sexyhankysneeze

I felt like that with reading the topic. I sort of thought that it was a general "describe yourself thing" and I had to figure out the subculture thing. I'm just me as well. It's fine! wub.png If you identify w/ a certain type of culture that's fine, but you don't have to. smile.png

Yeah, this wasnt meant for pressuring; just for seeing what anyone else who thought about subcultures would call themself

I'm definitely a mixture of nerd (because I'm a computer Tech guru and I like games) and rocker/metalhead (because I just love screaming rock & roll punk.gif ) Though I don't dress nerdy nor do I have comics and posters hanging on my wall. When I was a teenager, I used to be into goth fashion but I've long since gotten away from that. Now I'm more into semi-preppy kind of styles. TBH, I don't really fit completely into any subculture and I've never really liked the idea of a sub-culture. Just be whoever the hell you want to be! :)

I felt like that with reading the topic. I sort of thought that it was a general "describe yourself thing" and I had to figure out the subculture thing. I'm just me as well. It's fine! wub.png If you identify w/ a certain type of culture that's fine, but you don't have to. smile.png

Yeah, this wasnt meant for pressuring; just for seeing what anyone else who thought about subcultures would call themself

I always thought I "just was who I was"..... then I read this page and realized I am not unique and all.... worse! I'm a dang hipster! :lol:

Archived