Sneeze Fetish Forum

Concerts you've been to?

Anonymouse

HEY GUYS I'm super-excited because my best friend and I are going to a Hush Sound concert in Philly tonight. I've been wanting to see these guys for about eight years.

It got me thinking which concerts you guys have all been to? I've seen...

- The Spice Girls (lmfao)

- Elton John and Billy Joel Face to Face

- Some American Idols shows with my sister

- David Cook

- Cake

- Reel Big Fish

- Sister Hazel (Augustana opened)

- Red Hot Chili Peppers

- Ben Folds Five

I'm also going to be seeing Dethklok in December, weather/tragedies/other potential disruptions permitting. The first show I was supposed to see was canceled because they were touring with Lamb of God and their frontman, Randy Blythe, was tossed in jail in a foreign country for manslaughter charges (pushed a deranged fan off the stage and the guy later died). Then Hurricane Sandy coincided with the second show, so that was postponed til December 11th. We'll see what happens. That shit is cursed, for real.

So what have you guys seen/want to see? I'd love to see Apocolyptica (a bunch of dudes headbanging while they play cello). I was supposed to go with my friends to see the Mountain Goats but then I got mono, so I'd like to see them at some point. My friend's cousin

does a lot of shows in Baltimore so if I ever manage to get down there to visit I'd love to see him. I'd like to see Red Hot Chili Peppers again (preferably in Colorado), and Animal Collective, and Guano Apes.

Speaking of primates I NEED to see the freaking Gorillaz at some point. When they (uh, he?) were (was?) touring around my birthday a couple years ago I really wanted to go but I didn't have enough money. :(

Let's see...

The Rolling Stones

The Doobie Brothers and Chicago (together)

Yes

Rush

Kiss

Lynyrd Skynyrd

I feel like there have been more than that, but I forget at the moment. May update in the future.

I really want to see Dream Theater though. They're probably my favorite band at the moment, but I have no idea when they'll be anywhere.

AHH YOU SAW YES? Jealousy.

Oh and I just started listening to Dream Theater, though I've been aware of their existence for a while and just never really got around to checking them out. It's exciting.

erm... mine are all really hippieish ones- State Radio, Dispatch, Michel Franti and Spearhead, Phish, Dave Matthews Band. And dubstepish. Pretty Lights and Skrillex. And Macklemore.

when i was a "young" ;) girl i went to the backstreet boys...i was a huge fan :blushing:

and i went to 30 seconds to mars two times...REALLY awesome!! :yes:

unfortunately the concerts are so expensive here in germany :cry:

i wanted to see p!nk next year but maybe not...

but what i know, when 30 seconds to mars come back to germany i will definitely be there!!!! :yay:

Concert settings have never really been my thing, but I went to my first one this past summer and it was AWESOME. I saw Josh Turner, being a huge country fan, and I would go see him again a hundred times. I'd pretty much go to see any country artist, especially if they were more classic country, if they were playing in a more small scale setting like the Josh Turner one. :3

I go to a lot of metal shows, especially folk metal because they tend to draw the most hilarious and fun crowds. For more well-known bands, let's see...

- Arkona

- Alestorm

- Korpiklaani

- Turisas

- Tool

- Ludacris

- The Dead (remains of the Grateful Dead :c)

Aaand I'm probably going to see The Birthday Massacre this month and Sonata Arctica next month. Aw yeh.

Most of my list is folk/country stuff.

Ralph McTell (several times)

Show of Hands

Fairport Convention

Port Isaac's Fisherman's Friends

Martin Carthy and Dave Swarbrick

Vin Garbutt

The Who (this was at a Who convention, a couple of years before John Entwhistle died)

The Bad Shepherds

Mary Chapin Carpenter

I've been to more classical concerts than I can count, but the only LEGIT legit concert I've been two would probably have to be Coldplay... Oh, and Blue Man Group, if that counts. I'm more of a broadway/stage show than concert person.

Wow...yeah...soooo many to choose from...I'll stop at ten

1. Ramones (5X)

2. Iron Maiden (5X)

3. AC/DC (3X)

4. Rolling Stones

5. Pink Floyd

6. Metallica

7. Megadeth

8. Sex Pistols (2003 US Tour)

9. The Cure

10. Insane Clown Posse (Wait, WHAT? LOL)

I admittedly haven't been to as many concerts as I'd like. I wish I could go to metal shows and SIT DOWN. I hate standing for 4 hours. @__@ I see all these metal chicks at these shows in big black lace-up high-heel boots and I'm like HOW.

Anyway, here's my list as best as I can remember it:

Yanni, twice (he was my first concert when I was a little girl)

Josh Groban, twice

Video Games Live, twice

Dethklok, twice

Transiberian Orchestra

Mastodon

Motorhead

Five Finger Death Punch

Katatonia

Devin Townsend (BEST CONCERT EVER)

probably some others but I have an awful memory. @__@ I wish I kept ticket stubs. And I've been to tons of concerts for choral groups from all over the world, but I won't list those because we'll be here forever (I'm forever a choir geek).

[EDIT] Oh my god, I forgot JOHN DENVER. I was literally at his second-to-last concert before he died in his airplane accident. I still get sad about that.

Bon Jovi - Crush at the Meadowlands in '01 - second row center

Styx - Paradise Theater - Rosemont Horizon "80 -nosebleed seats

Poison

Motley Crue

Aerosmith

Guns n' Roses

Still trying to catch George Thorogood and the Destroyers

ive only been to a couple but i went to see Ozzy a few years ago, hes great in concert even for his age lol... ive seen Rob Zombie twice..that devil head stage is so awesome looking :P and i saw Alice Cooper last year, he does a really crazy show too

Oh, Lord... I am not really the regular one on the concerts, mostly because the big part of the artists I love and respect don't do concerts anymore. :/ The first one "takes his daughter to the school everyday" (for the fucks sake, she is twelve, hasn't she learnt the way already? :lol: I am kidding, I most certanly do understand what he wanted to say by that.) Then, those lovely four chaps from Sweden... nope, I guess there won't be another concert either. And Mozart is dead. Soo... yeah. *nervous laugh*

Long story short, from the worldwide famous artists, I've only been to Lady GaGa's concert.

And also Djordje Balasevic and Hladno Pivo, but seriously, have you ever heard about them, guys? :lol:

OH NOW I REMEMBER.

I've also been to Trans Siberian Orchestra and Star Wars Live. Those were fun.

TSO is simply an experience live. It's not just some concert. But unfortunately, I don't think most of their studio recordings are that good. xD

Came back to say HUSH SOUND WAS AWESOME and I got to HANG OUT WITH THEM AFTERWARDS AND THEY WERE SO FUCKING COOL.

10. Insane Clown Posse (Wait, WHAT? LOL)

LOL OH GOD juggalos.

I admittedly haven't been to as many concerts as I'd like. I wish I could go to metal shows and SIT DOWN. I hate standing for 4 hours. @__@ I see all these metal chicks at these shows in big black lace-up high-heel boots and I'm like HOW.

Same, I'm SO GLAD I have a job and make my own money now and omg being an adult is awesome because now I can do this shit. And I hate standing because I'm like five feet tall and these giants like to push their way in front of me at standing room shows and ruin my life.

OH NOW I REMEMBER.

I've also been to Trans Siberian Orchestra and Star Wars Live. Those were fun.

TSO is simply an experience live. It's not just some concert. But unfortunately, I don't think most of their studio recordings are that good. xD

AHIOSGHIODSF. Add TSO to my list, but Star Wars Live sounds really awesome too.

And I hate standing because I'm like five feet tall and these giants like to push their way in front of me at standing room shows and ruin my life.

RIGHT?? I'm only 5'5" myself. And I can't stand super close to the stage or else, y'know, moshing occurs or may occur, and I am but a fragile thing who prefers to remain unpunched.

Though when I went to see Devin Townsend, these two tall high school kids got in front of me and I was like oh jeez, these jerks. But then they were actually super awesome and they were headbanging enthusiastically together the whole time (even though no one else was). OH! You'll appreciate this. One was tall with long blond hair wearing a black tank top, and the other had longish brown hair with a baby high school beard, and I nicknamed them Toki and Skwisgaar. XD

And I hate standing because I'm like five feet tall and these giants like to push their way in front of me at standing room shows and ruin my life.

RIGHT?? I'm only 5'5" myself. And I can't stand super close to the stage or else, y'know, moshing occurs or may occur, and I am but a fragile thing who prefers to remain unpunched.

Though when I went to see Devin Townsend, these two tall high school kids got in front of me and I was like oh jeez, these jerks. But then they were actually super awesome and they were headbanging enthusiastically together the whole time (even though no one else was). OH! You'll appreciate this. One was tall with long blond hair wearing a black tank top, and the other had longish brown hair with a baby high school beard, and I nicknamed them Toki and Skwisgaar. XD

Awwwwwwwww<333

OH MY GOD THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE WHO KNOW ALESTORM *crawls into a hole*

... Yes...

I've actually been to some really amazing concerts in my time... My city has a pretty awesome night life! Too bad I don't have the money to go more... Thanks, uni! :P

I think the first concert I went to was actually Avril Lavigne, and I'm pretty sure my uncle got me those... I've also seen:

- Kylie Minogue

- AC/DC

- Pink

- Lady Gaga

- Simple Plan (waaaay back in high school... Wow...)

- Andre Rieu (hey, my Grandma got desperate. Don't judge me.)

- MSO

- Various uni bands. Giving The Madness Method a huge shout out though - my best friend's brother's band. They play Spock - ska pop rock... Think, The Cat Empire :D

And and and and and oh my God less than a week ago I saw COLDPLAY. My friends got me a ticket for my birthday and we were at the barrier and ohhhhhhh *swoons*. They were supported by The Temper Trap, too, so I can now say that I've seen The Drum Song live and die happy. :P

I'm possibly more of a musical person... But hands down, best show I've seen was AC/DC. :D

Oh, and - quote button hates me - in regards to headbanging... I was have myself whiplash so bad the hospital prescribed Valium... headbanging to Bohemian Rhapsody...

I'm not really one for concerts, because, well... I don't want to pay a lot of money to hear a bunch of fans sing the artist's song, I want to hear the artist sing it. :rolleyes:

I've been to a couple of national bands, nothing fancy though.

And I saw Celine Dion live once. That was fucking magic!! :wub:

Archived