Sneeze Fetish Forum

Better Late than Never

Wig_Powder

Hi everyone!

I'm Wig_Powder, and I've been lurking around this site for at least five years. I've loved the stories, artwork, and discussion, but just never felt up to joining. Last year, I took the baby step of creating a fetishy Livejournal account (same name as here). But I finally decided to start really engaging with my fellow fetishists, both so I could comment on their stuff and to possibly find some more people to share my primary interests (Period Piece sneezing, especially if done by one Horatio Hornblower). I know this is a really friendly place, so I'm looking forward to playing around here!

I have this feeling like maybe I stumbled across your livejournal before, because your username does sound terrible familiar to me. In any case, welcome!! :D

I don't put myself out there that often, but I have interacted with you before (hence why I remember this). You commented on a fandomsecrets post and I said I was interested in reading your Great Gatsby sneezefic (really sweet, by the way). Nice to meet you again.

Hello. I've only just discovered and fallen in love with Hornblower (very late to the game, I know) so I've been searching for any sneezy Hornblower I can find and was only just reading your fics yesterday.

Welcome to non-lurkdom, I hope some of your stories make their way here and that you have fun smile.png

Thanks to both of you!

Mercury, do you write yourself, by any chance? The more Hornblower sneezefic out there, the better!

(and yes, my stories will show up here. Is crossposting allowed?)

I've been lurking around this site for at least five years

^^ do we have a new winner?!

Glad you've finally taken the plunge, I'm sure you will have fun here!

I am sure there have been people who have lurked longer than I have. I was just in that "how much do I want to reveal my kink to people?" phase. That's why I created my Livejournal--to create a separate fetish identity and start putting things out there.

Glad to be here!

Hi, Wig_Powder!

*waves*

It's so nice to see you here! :hug:

Hey there! I was finally inspired by your example and decided to join. I can't wait to meet more fetishists!

(Out of curiosity, have you been here long? You've got a pretty low ID number, while I'm in the 14,000's.)

Mercury, do you write yourself, by any chance? The more Hornblower sneezefic out there, the better!

I agree with you about more Hornblower sneezefics. I might try writing one, but I'm not sure I've got a good enough grasp on the character, so it might not appear, but it'll be fun to try.

In the mean time I shall enjoy re-reading your fics as they appear here smile.png

I'd love to see what you come up with, but if you don't feel comfortable writing the character, that's totally fine. I understand how that feels. I'm just happy to find a fellow Hornblower fan/fetishist.

I joined ages ago, Wig, but mostly lurked for several years. I want to say I joined in '05-ish? *checks* Wow, I'm good: June of '05. But I've probably only been a cobtributing member for, say, 4 or 5 of those 7.5 years. :)

Yello, Wig_Powder. Welcome to our little corner of the web.

Thanks, everyone!

Welcome to the forum. smile.png Love your username.

Aw, thank you. I thought it was appropriately Period Piece-y. (I talked about its origin over in the fun and games section too)

Hello, hello Wig_Powder! I'll chime in with more love for your user name! I ADORE writing pretty much any time period and I've done a few RPs over PM on this forum set in historical periods! If you're ever up for gushing over a mutual love of sneezy history, feel free to shoot me a message when you get your PM capabilities (once you're a validated member, that is).

I look forward to reading your posts! I haven't seen Horatio Hornblower, but I know the basics and I'm sure I'd enjoy your fics :)

Thank you! I'll do so.

You really should watch Hornblower. Given your love of sexy British boys (as evidenced by your signature), I think the show would appeal to you.

How long does it generally take to get PM capabilities? Just curious.

Welcome welcome welcome! :D <3

As for PM capabilities? It ranges. 'Twas about four months for me? I can't quite recall but it was something in and around there.

Enjoy your stay! :D

(Pssst. Dusty's [historical] fics? Oh boy. Her writing? One of the great treasures of our little forum.)

Once you complete the validation process you will gain PM capabilities.

To become validated you will need to reach a total of 50 plus posts at a steady rate, not to fast and not super slow. Time varies from member to member so it could be three months or it could be six plus months. Eventually it will happen.

All you got to do is stay out of trouble and remember to post. Have fun.

Archived