Sneeze Fetish Forum

Picture Prompt Fic Meme

Wig_Powder

"Huh...Huh-ISHEW!" Janet sneezed into her tissue again. The cold hadn't taken her by surprise, her friend had been sick a few days prior. Since Janet was far too lazy to do anything about it, she simply accepted the fact that she was going to catch it.

She sniffled, and rubbed her nose with the tissue, sighing as she did. At this particular moment, she was on her way home. The cold had become far too much for her to take care of, while working.

She pulled the car up outside of her house, and stepped out. She turned around, made sure to lock the doors behind her, and walked up the path, into her home. "Heh...Huh-TISHEW! Heh...ESHEW!" She sniffled again, pulled out the same tissue, and, this time, blew her nose into it.

She turned around to the trash bag she'd taken out the night before, the binmen having not come yet. She untied it, tossed the tissue in, and tied it back up. As she finished this, her other hand reached into her pocket, and pulled out her front door keys, and a fresh packet of tissues. She opened the packet up, pulled out a tissue, and put it back. As she placed her key inside the lock, with her left hand, she used her right, to hold the tissue to her nose, and blow into it again.

The door-lock clicked, Janet shoved the door open, and her right hand pulled the tissue away from her nose, for Janet to breath in through her mouth, falter slightly, before eventually uttering a loud "ATCHEW!" into the tissue she was clutching. She rolled her eyes, and stepped in.

She threw the pack on the table sitting next to the door. They were reliable for when she was out, but they weren't the best. She walked over to her sofa, and picked up the box of tissues on the table in front of her. These were the best.

She blew her nose again, and sat down. Her intention now, was to simply wait the day out. There was not much she could do. Her head hurt to much for the computer, and there was nothing but trash on the TV at this hour. Her nose twitched and tickled once again, Janet yanked a tissue out of the box, she had placed on her lap, and sneezed again. A "Heh-ISHEW! ...Uh...UH-TCHEW!"

EDIT: Forgot the link http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/photo/two-women-blowing-noses-into-tissues-royalty-free-image/82562306

Edited by TheMorpher
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wig_Powder

• Likesn

• normandy

• Healer

"Hahhh...hatchiew!" "Iiitchiew!"

"We TOLD you to dress warm the other day. We've only been at the resort for two days, and we've only been skiing once, and you're both already sick."

Lilly and Anna glared at their respective husbands--Ben and Luke--from over the tissues they had clamped to their noses. "You know," Lilly said huskily, "A 'bless you' would've been much appreciated."

Ben rolled his eyes, "Bless you," he said, "And also--I told you so."

"We DID dress wahhhh...ahhhh...ahtichieeeew! H'tchiew! Warm," Anna protested.

"Not warm enough, apparently," Luke pointed out.

"We're already feeling miserable as it is," Lilly said, rubbing absently at her nose, "Do you have to add salt to the wound? Couldn't you be sympathetic? Just a little bit?"

"Hih...igsheeew! K'tchiew! Hah'isheeeeew!"

Anna caught the sneezes in a loosely cupped tissue. She sniffled, and pouted up at Luke. Luke sighed, and opened his arms as an invitation for Anna to fall into them. Anna complied, burying her face into the soft down of Luke's jacket. Luke planted a kiss on the top of her head and murmured, "I take it you're not going to be hitting the slopes today?"

Anna snuffled, and said hoarsely, "No. Sorry, sweetheart."

Luke shrugged, "It's okay. Life happens."

Lilly glared at Ben, "Look at how sweet he's being. Is that so hahhhh...ahhhh...ahk'tcheeeeeeew! Hetchiew! Kshieeeew!"

Ben smiled a little sheepishly, "Bless you," he said warmly, "And I'm sorry. I was just disappointed about the trip getting sort of messed up. That's all."

Lilly just scowled at the floor and didn’t offer a response.

Ben walked over to Lilly and felt her forehead, "Hey," he said.

Lilly peeked up at him, “Hi.”

"I think you may have a fever."

"I thihhhh...ishoo! Hih'shooo! Think you may be right," Lilly said.

Ben planted a quick kiss on Lilly's head, and looked over to where Anna and Luke stood. "Come on," Ben said, "Let's get you two into bed."

"You're not disappointed about not getting to ski?" Lilly asked.

"Nah," Ben said, "I'd pick taking care of you over skiing any day."

"Why, aren't you sweet," Lilly smiled.

"Do I get anything for good behavior?"

"Hahhh...ahhhhh...AH'TCHIIIIEEEEEEW!"

"Bless you!"

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/photo/husband-caring-for-sick-wife-royalty-free-image/85704304

Rita snapped forward on the couch with an explosive "Hat-CHEW!" Before she could even move her hand to wipe her nose, her husband Tim was in the room, holding a cup of tea in one hand and a fresh box of tissues in the other. "Bless you, sweetheart," he said gently, "How are you feeling?"

"Miserable," she groaned, tossing the used tissue into a trash can that was starting to overflow, "I'm either exhausted or sneezing. Sometimes both at the same time." On cue, she sneezed again. "Keshh!"

"Bless you," Tim said again, sitting down beside her, "I brought you some tea to try to ease the congestion."

Rita sniffled pathetically. He put a comforting hand on her back. "It'll be all right, Rita. You're at the tail end of the cold. In a day or two, you'll pretty much be back to normal."

She gave him a wan smile. "You're sweet, Tim." She reached for the tea and drank gratefully, while Tim busied himself with getting the blanket back over her feet.

Got a double this time: http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1660R-22164 and http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1660R-37255

**Pardon the brief interruption** :blushing:

May we put up a link that isn't to that type of site? There are a couple of pics that I've found (actors not a reg. person invasion of privacy type thing) that I'd love to see a little drabble on. I'm thinking not as RPF (real person fic- meaning *literally* that actor) or as the character- but just the picture is just :drool: and could spark an original type of drabble.

Sorry that I'm a dork and am asking this. :bag:

• 2 months later...

I figured maybe I'd resurrect this thread. It was a lot of fun, and maybe some more new people will come along to give it a shot. Since no one used them yet, I'll just use the images from Wig_Powder's last post.

---

"Ahh... Ahhh... Ahhhh... AHH-CHOOOOOO!!!"

Kelly heaved a huge, exaggerated sneeze into her tissues, and then she burst out laughing. She hid her face behind her hands for a second and shook her head, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Cut!" the director screamed, resisting the urge to hurl his megaphone to the ground. Kelly couldn't help but giggle a little more at the gesture, finding it odd he brought a megaphone to the tiny set of this commercial.

"What's the matter, Kelly?" the director demanded, standing up from his chair. "You've laughed in every single take! What's so funny?"

"I'm sorry," Kelly said, hiding her face again. "Just, isn't this big sneeze a little ridiculous? I mean, no one actually sneezes like that in real life."

"Honey, if people wanted real life, they wouldn't be watching TV, least of all commercials. Can we try it again without the hysterics, please?"

"Could I try a more realistic sneeze?" Kelly asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or at least one that's not quite as ridiculous." The director pondered this for a moment, then he nodded, looking resigned and frustrated.

"Ah... Ahh... HA-CHHMPFFH!" Kelly faked a muffled sneeze, trying to make it sound more like her real sneezes, but also a bit exaggerated to please the director. She even finished up with a loud, honking blow into the tissues, alternating nostrils. The director stared for a second, then shook his head.

"Weak," he blurted, waving a hand dismissively. "Kelly, no one's going to find this ad convincing unless you look like you really need to sneeze!"

"I don't think anyone's going to find this convincing no matter what I do..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

---

And here are my images: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-137344232/stock-photo-portrait-of-a-sick-young-business-woman-blowing-her-nose.html?src=kSXjKFzULio0DmPN1WL3HA-1-37 http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-137344226/stock-photo-portrait-of-a-sick-young-business-woman-blowing-her-nose.html?src=same_model-137344232-2

Sorry for the long links! I hope this thread picks up again! It's a lot of fun!

Thanks for bringing this thread back, Blah-San!

Sharon pulled a tissue from her pocket and held it at the ready, not taking her eyes off her laptop screen. She had a lot of reports to look over, and she’d be damned if she was going to let this slow her down.

Hah…Hah-KSHH!” She sneezed, eyes closing just long enough for the sneeze to come out, before returning to the figures in front of her. As she started to rub the tissue over her nose, she heard Peter, her friend and co-worker, lean against the doorway. “Still working away?”

“Of course,” she answered, not bothering to glance up, “Why wouldn’t I be?”

She knew, she just knew, he was smirking at her. “Well, it’s obvious you’ve caught one hell of a cold, is all.”

“I don’t have any meetings to attend,” she said coldly, “And as long as people don’t keep barging in here, I should be able to keep my germs to myself.”

“Suit yourself. Just remember to bundle up when you do decide to go home; the weather guys say it’s going to be chilly out.”

Sharon gave him a death glare, the effect marred slightly by the tissue she still had pressed against her nose. But she’d gotten the point across. “All right, all right, I’ll go!” Peter said with an easy smile, “Get well soon.”

The door had barely closed behind him before Sharon sneezed again. “Keh-KSSH!” She put a hand to her head in irritation as she scrubbed at her nose. All right, so maybe it hadn’t been the best idea to walk home in a light drizzle when the forecast promised heavy showers, but she’d been cramped in her office for hours and wanted some fresh air. And fine, Peter had warned her, but he didn’t have to be so damn smug about it. He’d better be prepared for the next time she got a chance to say “I told you so.”

http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1606-44694

• 3 weeks later...

Resurrection attempt #2!

---

"Hah... Hahh... Hahhh... Aa-ahhh... Darn..."

"What's the matter, Phoebe?"

"I have ahh... Hahh... Hahhh... Hhh-! Darn it! I have a stuck sneeze."

Phoebe's hand hovered under her nose, ready to catch her sneeze if she could ever manage to get it out. When nothing happened for a few seconds, she gave her nose a vigorous rub with the side of her hand and groaned. She placed her elbows on her knees and then leaned forward, resting her face in her palms. Her friend Ellen, sitting on the floor in front of her, began to laugh, leaning back slightly.

"Don't laugh at me!" Phoebe whined, rubbing her nose again. "This is so annoying! Hah... Hahh... Hahhh... Hhhahhhh... Ugh!"

"What if you're doomed to never sneeze again, and you have to deal with this forever?"

"Ellen, don't be ridiculous. It'll come out eventuallehh... Heh... Hahh... Haahhh! Ahhhh... Drat."

Ellen spluttered with laughter, prompting Phoebe to frown and pout. Ellen kept laughing until she noticed her friend building up to sneeze again, and this time she leaned in close to tease her.

"You're never going to get it out!" Ellen laughed, squatting in front of Phoebe.

"Ahhh... Hahhh... Hahh!" Phoebe's nostrils flared and her head twitched back, the tickle building up a bit more than it had last time. Ellen began to laugh again, but then...

"AAEESHHOOOO!!!"

"Augh! You sneezed in my face!"

Ellen fell back onto the carpet, wiping her face down with her hands. Now, it was Phoebe's turn to laugh.

---

http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/3153-868871

I've always liked that picture, too.

Tegan rubbed at her nose, knowing that a sneeze was inevitable but trying her best to keep it at bay for a few minutes. She would be doing plenty of it in the coming days, why start chapping her nose now?

She wasn’t entirely sure what was causing this particular tickle. Was it the cold she was clearly coming down with, if the chill in her body was any indication? Was it the flowering plants in the park? Or was it the sun streaming down and hitting her squarely in the face? While she didn’t have that thing scientists called a “photic sneeze reflex”, sometimes bright sunlight made her sneeze, especially when her nose had other things attacking it.

Ihh…ahhh…” She jammed a finger under her nose and quickened her pace, wanting to get out of the park and back to her apartment as fast as possible. Perhaps if she got away from the plants the itch would die down.

A gust of wind blew through, making Tegan shiver and bringing the scent of various flowers to her nose. She knew at once that there was no holding it back anymore, though she kept her finger close to her nose all the same. “Ah-TICHEW!”

Sniffling wetly, she put her finger under her nose again. Maybe she’d have better luck this time.

http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/4269-4903

"No, no, no," Anita said, taking the feather duster out of Sara's hands. "You don't do it like that, you have to..." she blinked. "to..." her voice quavered and her gaze trailed off into the distance. Heh... hep-shi!

Sara rolled her eyes at her sister. "I know you're a control freak, but you have got to stop backseat cleaning," she said, holding out a hand.

"But..."

"You're allergic to both dust and feathers," Sara said. "Give it here."

"Just..." Anita closed her eyes and waved her free hand ineffectually. Ah... ack-shoo! Heh-tchoo!

"Bless you," Sara said smugly, grabbing the duster and touching Anita lightly on the nose.

~

http://www.superstock.com/preview.asp?image=4210R-8147&imagex=18&id=16231542&productType=2&pageStart=0&pageEnd=100&pixperpage=100&hitCount=4635&filterForCat=&filterForFotog=

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to get back to this prompt; real life's been kind of hectic.

The sweet scent of flowers hit Ula as soon as she opened the front door. Seconds later, she spotted the pink and white flowers set in a vase on the hall table. Mentally cursing her roommate, she tried to hurry to her room before the plants could cause too much damage.

One pink flower in the center of the arrangement must have been in full bloom when it was picked, because its scent overpowered Ula as she came up to the bouquet. Her nose twitched madly, and her hand flew up to her face to catch the sneeze. Why, she wasn’t sure. Instinct? The old health lessons from school? A fear that spraying the flowers would send more pollen into the air? The question would forever be left unanswered as the sneeze burst out of her.

“HAAAH-KSHEW!” Her head snapped forward with the force of the sneeze, the sound echoing in the hall. The burning in her nose telling her she wasn’t quite done, she fled the scene and locked herself in her room, preferring to sneeze out the irritants in peace. And once she was done and her nose no longer looked like a strawberry, she was going to be having a long talk with her roommate.

Got a double set this time: http://www.bsip.com/index.php?idPageWeb=95&popUp_infosPhoto=1&infosIdPhoto=321306&interfaceParent=tableLumineuse and http://www.bsip.com/index.php?idPageWeb=95&popUp_infosPhoto=1&infosIdPhoto=321305&interfaceParent=tableLumineuse

Anna sighed as she walked into her apartment, her nose still tickling. She had woken up with a cold but she had still insisted on going to work, despite her constant sneezing.

"Hitchoo! Hitchoo!"

Anna sniffled and blew her nose before sighing and collapsing on the couch. She felt awful! Her nose tickled again, more intensely than it had all day.

"Hitchoo! Hitchoo! Hitchoo! Hitchoo! Hitchoo!"

Anna grabbed another tissue and began to sneeze into them, trying to stop the incessant tickle.

"Hitchoo! Hitchoo! Hitchoo! Hitchoo! Hi...HITCHOO!"

Anna sniffled, her eyes red and her nose runny before turning around and groaning. Her boyfriend had bought her flowers to make her feel better, not knowing that she was allergic to them. They were on the counter in the kitchen and, between her cold and her allergies, her poor nose was going crazy.

"Hitchoo! Hitchoo! Hitchoo! Hitchoo!"

Anna sighed before getting up off the couch and stumbling into her bedroom, sneezing all the while, in an attempt to get away from the evil flowers of doom. Sniffling and blowing her nose again, she headed to the bathroom to shower so she could clean off the pollen and collapse into bed.

Here's mine. http://www.123rf.com/photo_12744794_she-suffers-a-cold.html

• 2 weeks later...

Come on, come on, you can hold out another minute! Vanessa thought sternly, hoping that a pep talk would make her brain send a signal to her nose to keep it from sneezing. No such luck; if anything, the tickle seemed to get even worse.

It was the story of her life, really. Every time she took her temperature, no matter how much she’d rubbed and wiped her nose beforehand, she would feel an overwhelming urge to sneeze. Even on those times when she wasn’t sick at all, something made her want to sneeze. Sometimes she wondered if she was allergic to her thermometer.

There was no question that she had a cold this time, though. Her sore head and chills made that clear enough. The only thing she wanted to know was how bad her fever was, so she could decide if there was even the remotest chance of her getting some work done. But she needed to get the proper reading first, and sneezing the thermometer out would only mean that she’d have to go through this torture again.

Beep…beep…beep beep beep!

Vanessa sighed with relief and yanked the thermometer out of her mouth. She had just enough time to see the 102 on the screen before clapping a tissue to her mouth. “Kit-SHAH!” As she rubbed miserably at her nose, she turned off the thermometer and set it down. She might be able to get through a few documents if she took herself and the tissue box off to bed right now. At least she wouldn’t have to take her temperature again for another few hours.

http://www.phanie.com/index.php?idPageWeb=78&popUp_infosPhoto=1&infosIdPhoto=215502&interfaceParent=tableLumineuse&PHPSESSID=5f242713956e4dc5e46c33fb79d69f5b

• 4 months later...

I decided to fill my own prompt in an attempt to resurrect this thread. I don't want to see it die.

Whitney couldn’t help but smirk a little at the ridiculousness of it all. It was a gorgeous, warm spring day at the park, but while everyone else was out having romantic moments, getting some exercise, or just enjoying the sun, she was in the middle of the flower-lined paths, sniffing each plant to see which ones she was most allergic to.

It was her own fault, though. Her boyfriend Greg had been very apologetic when he’d brought a big bouquet of irises as a present, only for her to spend the rest of the night sneezing. She’d teased that if it happened again, she’d give him a list of flowers that didn’t make her sneeze, only for him to try again next week with tiger lilies which had her sneezing as soon as she answered the door. At that point, she felt honor-bound to do it.

So far, she’d gone to several flower shops and learned that daisies and carnations were safe, roses would set her off after about an hour, and bluebells sent her into serious sneezing fits. Now she was at the park to try her hand at wildflowers. She went down the path, sniffing each flower and making a mental note. Daffodils, ok. Pansies…slight tickle, but nothing I can’t handle. Poppies…

As she inhaled the scent, her nose twitched dangerously, and she quickly straightened up, a finger under her nose. Go away, go away! she prayed silently, because honestly, she’d sneezed enough today. Her breath hitched—“Hih…hiihhh…”—and she pressed her finger even more firmly under her nose, thinking enough pressure would stop the sneeze.

Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to be the case. She barely had enough time to take her hand away before the sneeze burst out. “Hih-CHEW!” With a sniff, she rubbed at her nose and moved away before the poppies made her sneeze again. Fine, poppies are off the list. Let’s try buttercups…

http://www.bsip.com/index.php?idPageWeb=95&popUp_infosPhoto=1&infosIdPhoto=24094&interfaceParent=tableLumineuse

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I'll add something:

"aaaaCHOOO!!!" Kimberly was shocked by the sheer power of that sneeze. As she brought a tissue up to her nose, she pondered how she had gotten this cold. The day before she had been out in the rain, and a few people at the office had been sick all week. Her immune system was normally stronger than this, but it appeared that it had let her down this time. "ACHOO, ACHOOOOOO!!" She sneezed a double, missing the first one, but capturing the second in her tissue. She groaned. Her head hurt, her throat hurt, sh was tired, and oh so congested. She blew her gurgling nose into her tissues before gingerly getting up and going to bed. This was going to be a long couple of days.

Here is my picture: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-163974935/stock-photo-young-sick-woman-blowing-her-nose-while-in-bed.html?src=J-wtHod-UTwCPjNmT3wLYQ-1-79

Mind if I tag along?

"Hu Hu HuAtchoo"! Elise's sneeze echoed throughout her house. "Dabbit!" she muttered to herself before giving her nose a wet gurgling blow. The phone rang. Elise's friend was on the other side of the line. "How are you?" she asked. "I'b Hu Itshoo! sick. Baybe speddig so buch tibe outside id the sdow last dight wasd't such a good idea after all" answered Elise. Her friend then heard her blowing her nose again. "Wow! You sound terrible" she commented. "I dow. Add I feel eved worse Ho He Hoe Tchoo Hei Tchoo!" Elise sneezed twice more. "There's no way you're going to work sounding like that, right?" her friend asked. "Do, i guess dot. I'll have to call id si Hi Hi Hi Eshoo! *sniff* sick" Elise groaned and blew her reddening nose again. "Yeah, yo do that. Feel better soon" her friend said. "Thadks" said Elise.

Elise picked up the phone and called her boss. "Hi. I'b sorry but I wod't be able to Ha He hold od Hae Hhhhh Hae Tshooah! sorry. Adyway, I wod't be able to bake it today. I'b afraid I'b cobig dowd with a bad cold" she told her boss. "Yes, I can hear that you're not well. It's a good idea that you stay home and rest, rather than come here and maybe get other people sick. Feel better soon" her boss said. "Hu Hu He Hui Tshooeh! I hope I cad bake it past the dext couple of days" Elise said to herself after she got off the phone with her boss. She got out of bed, slipped her feet into a pair of fuzzy slippers, sneezed twice more into a tissue- "Ho Etch, Hhhhhh Hu Etshoo!" and went to the kitchen to make herself some tea.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

And as for the picture:

http://www.agefotostock.com/age/en/Search.aspx?query=woman+sneezing&page=2

Dammit! Link not leading to specific picture. The one I'm talking about is labelled B19-503198 © Jaume Gual

and called "Women". It shows a young woman with a purple sweater sneezing into a tissue.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for including the label number, Likesn. It made it much easier to track down the picture in question.

Xavia groaned and rubbed her nose. She absolutely hated it whenever she caught a cold. Her friends envied the fact that she rarely ever sneezed during her colds, thus keeping her from having the “Rudolph” look, but the tradeoff was that each sneeze took forever to come out, and the results were rather…explosive.

One such sneeze was currently building in her nose, prickling everywhere but still not quite ready to come out. She reached over and plucked a tissue out of the box, wanting to be prepared. But it was another minute before the prickle spiked. She knew the routine by now.

Ah…” she held the tissue closer to her face.

Ahh…” She closed her eyes in preparation.

Ahhh…” Her head tipped back.

A pause, while the sneeze decided whether or not to come out (this was almost always the moment when someone would walk by or the phone would ring), and then…

“AH-TISHOOO!!!” She snapped forward, nose burying in the tissue (the tissue barely containing the blast). With a wet sniffle, she rubbed at her nose until any lingering itch was gone. Then she picked up her book and continued to read, waiting for the moment when her nose itched again.

I've got two this time: http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/4269-24439 and http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/4269-24441

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this thread, so in order to keep it alive I'll go out of my comfort zone and write an allergy story:

"What the hell was I thinking"?! Alyssa thought as she felt the tickle in her nose growing yet again. Her boyfriend, Kent, managed to persuade her to go on a picnic with him. As it turned out, the picnic was in the middle of a field of flowers. Since they started dating the previous fall, it was their first spring together, so Kent had no idea how badly Alyssa was allergic to flowers, every kind of flowers. The field was indeed beautiful, but as Kent went to the car to get the stuff for the picnic the flowers were starting to affect Alyssa's delicate nose. "Ah Hi Hi" her breath was hitching. She took her medicine that morning, but she didn't stand a chance against the vast amount of flowers in the field. "Hi Ahi He" she knew she won't be able to hold the sneezes back much longer, so she decided it was best to let them out before Kent comes back. "Hi Hi Hi Tshoo, Tish, Ha Ipchi Tishoo"! Her sneezes were quick and wet and she covered them with the back of her hand. The fit made her feel a bit better, but the tickle in her nose subsided only for a few moments, and she soon had to hold her finger under her nose as it rapidly grew back. "Hi Ha Hi HI" eyes fluttering, she noticed Kent hasn't come back from the car yet, so she allowed herself to have another fit of quick sneezes- "He Ish, Pchi Ha Tish, Tshu, Tshi, Tshi, Hi Tshishoo"! She had no idea how much longer she could stand this. Not too far away, Kent, hidden from Alyssa's sight, was enjoying his girlfriend's sneezing fits. The truth was, he was very much aware of Alyssa's allergies. Being a sneezing fetishist, he recognized the signs when he first noticed them- the allergy medications and the travelling pack of tissues that were constantly in Alyssa's purse made it very clear to him that she had allergies. He enjoyed witnessing a few minor colds she had during the fall and winter while they were dating, and now he was sure he had something to look forward to during springtime as well.

And as for the picture:

http://www.superstock.com/preview.asp?image=1606-64274&imagex=247&id=10230870&productType=3&pageStart=200&pageEnd=300&pixperpage=100&hitCount=1273&filterForCat=&filterForFotog=

• 5 weeks later...

Yolanda peered into the tissue box and groaned. It had been half-full when she’d started the day, and now it had run out just as her nose decided to enter the “runny, sniffly, occasionally sneezy” stage. She hauled herself out of her nest on the couch and shuffled to the bathroom to get the box of tissues she kept there.

As she pushed open the bathroom door, she took a tentative look at herself in the mirror and winced. The good news was, she didn’t have that fever flush or a chapped nose, but there was no question she was sick. Her hair looked like a rat’s nest, and the baggy sweatshirt she was wearing was quite different from her usual, more professional look. No one at work would believe it was the same person. Thank goodness she’d chosen to take a few sick days.

Shaking her head at her reflection, she bent down for the tissue box. Just as her fingers started to close around it, a beam of light from the window struck her directly in the face. Yolanda wasn’t normally affected by sunlight, but her sinuses, already perpetually itchy, took advantage of the stimulus. At the first hitch of breath, Yolanda quickly grabbed one of the tissues instead and held it at the ready.

Hah…ahhh…HAT-SHEW!”

She’d vaguely registered that the cloth against her nose felt thicker and softer than usual, but it wasn’t until she opened her eyes that she’d managed to miss the tissue entirely and sneeze into her sweatshirt, leaving an icky mess across the wrist. Well, at least there was no one there to see. She wiped her nose, tossed the spent tissue, grabbed the box, and started to make her way back to the couch.

My pic: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/young-woman-in-bed-sneezing-high-res-stock-photography/84081035

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa blew her nose, as she's been doing for two days straight. This cold was giving her a really hard time- she couldn't breath through her nose, which was red and aching from all the blowing, her head was pounding , and she was so tired she couldn't get out of bed for hours. Every now and then she would force herself to get out of the covers, slip her frozen feet into her fuzzy pink slippers, and go to the kitchen to have some tea or soup, before dragging herself back to bed. She was lying in bed, watching T.V., when she felt a tickle in the back of her nose. She hasn't been sneezing that much from her cold, but when she needed to sneeze she could be sure her sneezes will be messy. "He..." she placed the remote on her lap and brought a fresh tissue to her face, anticipating a sneeze "He Ha Etchoo!" her sneeze was a little loud but still feminine. She blew her nose wetly again when she heard her cellphone ringing. It was her friend, who wanted to know how she was feeling. "Dot too good" Lisa told her. "By dose is all stuffy add I cad't get ady air through it, add He Tchoo! excuse be, add dow I've started sdeezig bore ofted. I'b sorry, I gotta go, I thidk I'b about to sdeeze agaid. Bye". She wasn't wrong. As soon as she hung up the phone she brought another tissue to her face and "Ha He Tshoo, Ha Ishoo Tchioo"! She knew that sneezing triplets was not a good sign. After wetly blowing her nose again, she picked up the remote and changed the channel. She knew she was bound to feel a lot worse before she starts to get better.

My pic:

http://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid={9DAB90FA-4902-49FC-AFAD-FBC4A747256D}&p=163956&n=42&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d0%26sortby%3d1%26qt%3dsneezing%26qt_raw%3dsneezing%26qn%3d%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26aoa%3d1%26creative%3d%26videos%3d%26nu%3d%26ccc%3d%26bespoke%3d%26apalib%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26ot%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26name%3d%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26userid%3d%26id%3d%26a%3d%26xstx%3d0%26cbstore%3d1%26lightbox%3d%26resultview%3dsortbyNewest%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d%26nasty%3d%26t%3d0%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3d&IsFromSearch=1

Sorry it's such a long URL address, but it works.

I really hope this thread continues, it's great

• 4 weeks later...

I really should try to promote this thing more so we can get more writers. I'll have to ask the mods about it. Feel free to do some promoting of your own!

Blanket…several pillows…nasal spray…lozenges…box of tissues…decongestants and other medication…Zin nodded grimly. In addition to the large water bottle and thermometer on the bedside table, she was pretty much ready to hunker down in bed for the duration of this cold.

As she prepared to move everything to the bedside table, she felt a tickle spring up deep in the back of her nose. She sighed and plucked a tissue from the box. Hopefully this would be a one off and not a promise of continuous sneezing—she had enough other symptoms to worry about at present.

Of course, once she had everything at the ready, the sneeze failed to materialize. She put a finger to the underside of her nose and rubbed gently, hoping to coax it out. Nothing. She opened her mouth and took a few deep breaths, but that didn’t do anything either. Sighing, Zin set the tissue down. Maybe it would go away on its own in a few minutes.

As soon as her hand had lifted up from the tissue, the sneeze struck. “Ah-kershh!” There wasn’t too much of a mess, fortunately, but Zin still cursed and snatched up the tissue to wipe away any mucus. Apparently she could be as prepared as she liked, but this cold was going to be very unpredictable.

My prompt: http://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid={210F3A48-181A-41B1-927A-D542BF7873D9}&p=73416&n=19&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d0%26sortby%3d2%26qt%3dwoman%2520sneeze%2520flowers%26qt_raw%3dwoman%2520sneeze%2520flowers%26qn%3d%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26aoa%3d1%26creative%3d%26videos%3d%26nu%3d%26ccc%3d%26bespoke%3d%26apalib%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26ot%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26name%3d%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26userid%3d%26id%3d%26a%3d%26xstx%3d0%26cbstore%3d1%26lightbox%3d%26resultview%3dsortbyPopular%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d%26nasty%3d%26t%3d0%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3d&IsFromSearch=1

I'm going to jump in on this! Hope it's okay :) Sorry it's rather short.

Eve was walking three blocks down the road to visit her parents. It was a lovely, sunny day and the weather was perfect. Eve loved days like today. She had decided to walk because she was tired of being cooped up in her cubicle at the office. Being outside made her the happiest. As she was walking, she remembered the city park and garden that was right next to her parents house, so she decided to take a detour to the park. A lazy Saturday walk was just what she needed after the stressful week at work. She was lost in thought and admiring the beautiful plants when she walked into a tree with lovely white flowers. "I wonder what kind of tree this is." She thought to herself. She reached up and pulled down one of the branches and sniffed the flowers. The effect was immediate. "Ehh. EHHISHHOOO!!" "Oh dear!" Eve exclaimed aloud. Since there was no one around she didn't bother trying to stifle her sneeze. It felt much better to let it out. She pressed her finger to her nose to try and stop the next sneeze but it was in vain. She was going to sneeze again, and it was going to be a doozy of a sneeze. The sneeze built up so quickly she barely had time to cover her nose"EHhhh... EHHIISHHOOO!! AHISHHOOO!! AHh...AHHIISHHHOOOO!" She sneezed forcefully. She began to half walk and half jog away from the trees that made her sneeze. She sniffled a few times and wondered why she hadn't thought to bring a tissue along with her. She reached in her purse and found that her emergency tissues were out as well. She made a mental note to buy more tomorrow.

I have three pictures of the same guy but different poses :)

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-174199970/stock-photo-man-sneezing.html?src=BLY4OrxalOvlT7gDeZDWwQ-1-2, http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-174198911/stock-photo-man-sneezing.html?src=BLY4OrxalOvlT7gDeZDWwQ-1-3, http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-174198620/stock-photo-man-sneezing.html?src=BLY4OrxalOvlT7gDeZDWwQ-1-4