• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Galaxy

• SpookyScarySkeleton

• hails

• zneeze

this is an excellent story so far and I hope theres more to come!

Hey everyone-- thanks so much for reading and replying! I appreciate it so, so much! I'm sorry it's been a whole week since I updated; I sprained my dominant wrist, which left typing rather difficult, as you can imagine. It's healing now, so I should have the next chapter up either tomorrow or the day after. Just wanted to let y'all know so you wouldn't think I abandoned this. Thanks so much for understand, y'all~ uvu

Edited by Galaxy

Hey everyone-- thanks so much for reading and replying! I appreciate it so, so much! I'm sorry it's been a whole week since I updated; I sprained my dominant wrist, which left typing rather difficult, as you can imagine. It's healing now, so I should have the next chapter up either tomorrow or the day after. Just wanted to let y'all know so you wouldn't think I abandoned this. Thanks so much for understand, y'all~ uvu

Aw gawlosh feel better soon dearie~

. Awe heal & feel better Hun :3 take care. Can't wait for next parts.

This is a really great story. Might be nice if Gemma gets a terrible cold (maybe on her last date with Marc). I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Woo! Alright, everyone, finally back. My wrist is still kinda funky, so I'm afraid this chapter's a bit short, but I didn't want to leave y'all hanging uvu

--------------------

As I had known, Eden woke up with a cold the next morning. It wasn’t as bad as the cold she had when we first met (because Jesus, Joseph and Mary, that was a monster of a cold), and just left her sneezy and sniffly---but then again, that’s how she was all the time. But now I could see how tired and sick her watery eyes were, see how she slouched weakly on the couch, heard her voice full of congestion. I skipped classes the next day, and made Eden skip her own classes as well, despite furious arguing from her. She finally caved after I mentioned she would probably disrupt the class with all her sneezing (a hit below the belt, I must admit, but it certainly worked, didn’t it?)

“I hope I don’t get you sick...” Eden murmured, her legs pulled shyly to her chest from beneath the blanket as we watched cartoons. Our usual line-up of 80’s shows didn’t start until the afternoon, so at 9 AM, we didn’t have much else of a choice (not saying that either of us minded watching Courage the Cowardly Dog, though...). She gave a thick sniffle and tried to blow her nose quietly, but gave a squeaky little honk. I tried not to laugh but couldn’t help a giggle, and Eden blushed deeply at first before laughing herself and scooted close to me, placing her head on my shoulder.

Eden had been so strangely affectionate since last night. Not gonna lie, it was kind of weird. I mean, I liked that she was more comfortable with me, of course, that she felt like we were close enough girlfriends (girl friends, I mean. Not girlfriends. Not like lesbian girlfriends. God, why couldn’t I get ‘girlfriend’ and ‘Eden’ out of my mind!) that it was okay to cuddle up with me. In fact, I really rather loved it. I just didn’t quite understand why she was suddenly so snuggly and affectionate...It was weird for Eden.

She yawned while I had this thought, putting her arms around me with a sniffle, snuggling up close with her head on my shoulder.

But then again...of course I’m not complaining...I thought, resting my head against hers comfortably.

“HihHHESHIUWW!!” Eden sneezed suddenly, bringing a sleeve to her face. I peeked down, seeing her lashes fluttering and her nose twitching like crazy. I grabbed her a tissue and offered it to her, resulting in a shaky “thanks...” from her before she folded it over her nose. “IhHISHUEHHH!!”

“Bless you,” I said with a small smile, watching her trying to clean up the utter mess that had been left.

“Ughh, don’t look at me, I’m gross...” she mumbled, head rearing back briefly to buckle more in the tissue. “IhHITCHIUWW!!” Eden sneezed strongly, her legs pulling to her chest with the force and her hair falling into her face. She sniffled, and I had to laugh at her eyes being completely covered by unruly dark hair.

I gingerly tucked her hair behind her ears, being greeted with a soft, shy smile from her. My stomach dropped and I quickly looked back to the television, not knowing what was wrong with me but knowing it wasn’t right...

“Gem...?” Eden asked with another sniffle. “What’s wrong...?”

I didn’t get a moment to answer, jumping at a knock on the door. I quickly untangled myself from Eden and went to answer it, figuring it was Mark. But I stopped dead in my tracks at seeing who was on the other side of the door, recognizing her from months before.

Eden’s mother was tall, about a head taller than me, and had the same general build as Eden. She blinked at me a moment before her brow furrowed, staring me down. “...You’re Gemma.”

Uh, yeah, who else would I be, who else does your daughter hang out with?

“M-Mom...?” Eden croaked from her place on the couch, eyes wide and scrambling back as if she expected to be beaten.

Her mother’s gaze left mine and saw Eden, sighing shakily and starting in. “Eden? Honey, I---”

“Hey, hey, wait!” I told her quickly, stepping between her and Eden. God, my mom would completely kill me for being so rude to a guest, but... “Excuse me, but you aren’t...y-you aren’t welcome in my apartment. Uh, ma’am. You really hurt your daughter last night, and she probably would’ve come down with pneumonia if I hadn’t of gone to get her.”

Eden’s mother went back to glaring daggers at me, looking quickly back to Eden. “Eden, come on, we’re going home.”

Eden blinked to her and shook her head, looking into her lap. She seemed to have a bit of confidence with me here between her and her mother, and looked back up, expression set seriously. “Mom...no. I don’t want to go home. Y-You make me feel stupid and weak a-and...” she trailed off, her lashes fluttering. “Hiehhh...”

Eden’s mother rolled her eyes, and I desperately wanted to just kick her nasty ass out of my apartment. “Eden’s more than welcome with me,” I told her firmly. “She is eighteen and there is no reason why she should be with you anymore. We’ll go by sometime when she’s gotten over her cold to get her things.”

“HiHHESHIUEWW!!”

“Bless you,” I said to Eden, looking back to her and giving her a soft, warm smile in hopes of making her feel better. She looked back to me, her face mostly hidden behind a tissue, but I saw her eyes blinking back tears.

Her mother frowned, looking to me like she was trying to figure out how to dissect me. “Eden,” she said warningly, eyes still fixed on me. “Ask your girlfriend to give us a moment alone to talk?”

I felt my face burn red at this. God! Did everyone think Eden was my girlfriend? Oh, wait, I was the only other one thinking about that...

Eden seemed to blush even more, if that was possible, and furiously shook her head. “No! Mom! I don’t want to talk about it! A-And Gemma’s not...” She swallowed and shook her head, glancing away. “M-Maybe another time, Mom, but...”

I waited for Eden to finish, but she was clearly done talking. I swallowed and faced Mrs. Rowe, crossing my arms before my chest. “I’m sorry, but you need to leave...You can come back when Eden’s better to talk.”

I could tell that she just wanted to fight, and I thought that Mrs. Rowe was a lot like my mom in that she was stubborn, but still cared very much for her child. I didn’t care how much she cared about Eden, though. Eden was happy with me. I protected her. From what, I don’t quite know, but every time Eden would snuggle up sleepily with me to pass out on the couch, or when she’d let me rub her back during a sneezing fit, or when she’d call me late at night because she was feeling insecure and miserable, I felt that she needed me to be there for her. And...I needed her, too.

I was surprised when Eden’s mother left without another word, and as I closed the door behind her, Eden and I were dead quiet. After a while, I finally opened my mouth and asked, “What were you fighting about before?”

Eden stayed quiet, staring into her lap. I thought she was just hesitating, but upon further inspection I saw her lashes fluttering, nostrils twitching.

“HiHHESHIUWW!!” she sneezed hard into her wrist, coughing immediately afterward and falling back into the couch. Eden took a tissue and gave her nose a hard blow and paused a long moment before murmuring, “...You have to promise...n-not to hate me...”

I was quiet a long moment as well before nodding, taking a seat next to her. “I-...Of course, Eden...” I said, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. “I couldn’t hate you...Unless you, like, killed a guy, but I seriously doubt that’s the issue here.”

Eden stayed quiet, sniffling and looking into her lap. It took a few long minutes, but she finally met my gaze, her blue eyes welled with tears. “My...My mom was mad because I...I told her I’m gay.”

W-....Wow.

I stared at Eden, feeling my jaw drop and seeing her bottom lip tremble, her eyes welling with even more tears. She was...gay. She liked girls. Eden was a lesbian. A lesbiano. Lesbionic. Lesbi-honest, she was...

Why the hell did this make me so stupidly, insanely...happy...?

YES YES YES put Gemma & Eden together make them a couple ?.-. Like right nao. K thanks c: love the update.

The story you have created here is more than just a pretext for a fetish tale, it is engaging unto itself. As much as I enjoy the sneezing in this series, I think I would continue reading about the characters if that element were muted or removed.

I don't know how you do it, Gal, but honestly... You're just really amazing. Your writing style is brilliant, your characters pretty much flawless, your plots deep and interesting (your spellings utter perfection -- what? Shut up, inner self), and just...God. Why can't I be you? Dx

I'm glad your wrist is getting better and thanks for more awesomeness!

I've been following this story and it is really amazing. I love Eden and Gema's relationship together. :)

The story you have created here is more than just a pretext for a fetish tale, it is engaging unto itself. As much as I enjoy the sneezing in this series, I think I would continue reading about the characters if that element were muted or removed.

I'll say it again you really have a knack for writing and I also would continue to read this even if the sneezing were removed believe it or not, the fact that there is sneezing involved in this just makes even better, I just really hope you keep writing this story, I don't even think you know how good this is, in a year of being on the forum this is the best story I have read!

• 4 weeks later...

Why haven't I discovered this before? Love it. A lot. Yeah. Don't know what to say.

• 2 months later...

Are u going to continue writing this work of art

Giver her time... we'll still be looking out for it, if and when she continues the story. :)

• 2 weeks later...
batmangodzilla

This is fantastic. Truly. The characters and situations are so believable and identifiable. Eden and Gemma are sweethearts. :) I love the different sneezes Eden possesses as well as the "meat" on her chest. ;) Big fan. Excellent writing.

This is probably one of the best sneeze stories I've ever heard. There's a lot of depth into each character, and the writing is so well done. I'm very impressed.

• 5 months later...

Wow so I am totally just as surprised as you guys

Haha no joke, though, about three hours ago I kind of just...decided to finish this.

I'm sure you guys are miffed at me for taking a while (I know I've gotten some PMs concerning that <.<) but I did have a reason. Maybe you won't think it's good, but it's a reason nontheless. Long story short---hails here on the forum would always help me whenever I needed assistance with plots or sneezy situations and things, and....well, since she's been gone, I've honestly been scared to keep going with it without her.

But, I think I owe you guys an ending.

This chapter isn't the ending---oh no, far from. The story's only about halfway over. Or roughly so.

Ahhhh I hope people still care about this

It's been a long while since I've written for Eden or Gemma, so please forgive me if this chapter isn't as awesome as it should be. I'm getting the feel for them again, and once I"m back in the swing on things, writing for them will be easy peasy.

Since it's the school year, I won't update as frequently as before---I'm thinking once or twice during the week, and once on weekends. so 2-3 chapters a week. Yay?

Haha, yeah, just...just thanks for always liking this, guys. I appreciate it, and I missed my two girls so much. I hope you'll enjoy their comback smile.png

Sorry for the lack of sneezing in this part; I wanted to focus more on the plot for a moment. but the next chapter will have a butt ton of sneezing, k~?

-------------------------

Eden Doesn't Do Gardens, Chapter 7

I didn’t know what to say to Eden for a moment. I think she took my silence as something negative, as she was bawling in an instant. She rushed to her feet, clearly in a rush to go, but I found myself grabbing around her waist and pulling her back to the couch.

“You hate me…” she wailed miserably, nose and eyes streaming.

“No, no, Eden, I don’t…” I told her quietly, enveloping her in a hug. I rocked her back and forth, the way I used to with my baby dolls when I pretended they had booboos. “Eden...Eden, I don’t hate you...There’s no reason to hate you…”

She hiccuped, eyes and nose buried in the fabric of my shirt. “Gemma…a-aren’t you….u-uncomfortable?”

“Uncomfortable? Why would I be uncomfortable? You saw Stephen, he’s gayer than….well, he’s gayer than something very, very gay. Like, super gay. Freddie Mercury gay. Wait--there! There we go. He’s gayer than Freddie Mercury. Who, if you’ll remember, was very gay indeed.”

This got a small chuckle out of Eden, but she still looked miserable. She must have realized that her nose was running, as she took hold of a tissue and wiped it under her pink, shiny nostrils. “That...That’s different, Gem…”

I saw the way her doe eyes looked so wounded, and how her bottom lip trembled in fierce efforts to keep herself from tears. I saw that this really bothered Eden, and she was trying to seem strong for me. Damn, she was trying hard. But Eden couldn’t ever keep tears in; I had come to know that as fact. When she was upset, she bawled.

And I wanted to be able to wipe away every tear she could ever shed due to the horrible hurt this world inflicted upon her.

She sneezed out of nowhere, and I blessed her, snaking my arms around her shivering frame. She and I were quiet for a moment while we got comfortable, leaning back into the couch and letting our feet rest on the coffee table. Eden kept her gaze down, sniffling quietly and trembling. I thought that it was from being cold, before I realized that it was the nerves making her shake, and I wanted to both comfort her as well as burst into tears of my own and wail about how unfair it was that she was so cute. How dare she. How dare she be so damn----so fucking cute even when she was crying and snotting all over herself.

“It’s not different,” I told her quietly, reaching one hand to dry her tears. “You’re still my best friend...You’re my best friend in the world, and you would be my best friend no matter what...I would never, ever leave you alone, just like I would never want you to leave me…”

“My mom told me I was sick in the head…” Eden croaked quietly.

“Your mom’s sick in the head! Have you SEEN that haircut of hers?”

This had Eden cackling, and I was glad that I got a laugh out of her, until the laughter disolved into sobbing, and she held me tight, face buried in my nonexistent chest.

“She hates me…”

“She doesn’t hate you…”

“She hates me and she should, Gemma….she…”

I thought Eden was just trying to come up with something to say, but I soon felt the erratic trembling that was hitches from her. I kept her close to me and reached for the tissue box, but I didn’t make it in time before Eden finally had to sneeze, unable to bring her hands up due to the position I had.

“UhhheHSHEUWW!!” she sneezed hard into the fabric of my shirt, and upon glancing down, I saw her upturned little nose crinkled along with her brow from the force.

How dare she! Damn, how dare she!

“It should be illegal for someone to be so stupid cute,” I thought to myself, but when Eden peeked up at me with her teary eyes, I realized that---no, I hadn’t thought that. Nope. That was out loud.

That---That’s great. It was all I could do not to jump out the window.

“You think I’m cute, Gemma…?” she asked quietly, and judging by the congestion in her voice and the tears in her eyes, she was seconds away from bursting into tears before I had called her cute. While her voice trembled with the oncoming tears, I could hear it. That little sound of happiness in her tone.

Damn. Damn, I wanted her to always feel that happy.

“I do…” I nodded, getting a tissue and offering it to her. Eden blushed and accepted it, quickly cleaning up my shirt before giving her nose a squeaky little trumpet. “...And any guy--- g-girl you could ever fall in love with will be so, so lucky.”

Eden looked like she would cry. She released a tiny sob and bundled up close to me. She was saying something, but I couldn’t hear too well through the tears. So Eden just mumbled through her tears, until soon I heard soft, congested snoring, and she was asleep in my chest.

I felt really suffocated. Not by Eden, but just in general. My chest felt tight, and I could imagine was my mother’s face if I ever told her something similar to what Eden told me.

I slowly slid out from beneath Eden, leaving her sleeping soundly on the couch. After tossing on a pair of jeans and a sweater, I wrote out a note on a piece of notebook paper saying that I went to the store, and to call me when she woke up.

I didn’t go to the store, though. I sat out in my car, and I thought. I sat and thought for a long time, but no matter what I thought about, it always ended up with my mother in tears, and me being scared.

I went to Mark’s.

It didn’t take long for him to kick his roommate out for a while, and put a sock on the door. I was scared and stiff and nervous, but at least it wasn’t as bad as how nerve wracking thinking about this situation was. Thinking about…

I closed my eyes.

--------------------

Mark was bummed when we lay cuddled under his blankets after the deed was done. Apparently I didn’t seem too into it.

“It was hard containing my joy,” I explained to him. “I didn’t want the whole dorm to hear me. Then all the girls would think you were awesome in bed and come rushing to steal you from me.”

This answer satisfied him.

Eden would have gotten that sarcasm. She would have laughed about it.

Damn her.

“Please stay…” Mark murmured, snaking his arms around me when I went to answer my phone upon receiving a text from Eden. The feeling of his nose nuzzling into my neck sent a chill up my spine, and I was prepared to toss my phone across the room before I remembered just who was calling.

This had me dropping my phone fast, like it was contaminated with a disease. A disease that was rapidly, rapidly infecting every last cell in my body, and all I could do was try, try, try to flush this illness from my body.

Eden’s not a virus, though, a little voice told me while I curled up with Mark for a cat nap.

Eden’s not a disease, that same voice told me when I turned my phone off.

“You’re not Eden,” I whispered to myself, when Mark was out cold with his arms around me.

--------

I couldn’t exactly go home without any groceries, so I stopped on the way back home to get some milk and cold medicine.

“I was hit by a---no, that’s no good…” I mumbled to myself, trying to figure out a plan while I drove home. “I waaaaaaas…..I was….sleeping with my boyfriend! Why can’t I just say that?”

I knew damn well why I couldn’t say it, though.

“I saw a puppy in the street,” I told Eden once I was home, pouring her some cold medicine. “And he had a broken leg, so I took him to the vet. He’s gonna be okay, and they were planning on just euthanizing him before--”

“EshhehIWWWW!!”

“---a family came in and adopted him.”

Eden sniffled into a tissue she had, and looked like a wounded animal, all curled up on the couch under a dozen blankets. “Ohhh, that was really brave of you, Gem…” She suddenly paused, her nose wrinkling and her lashes fluttering. “....Hihhh…”

Damn her.

She reached for the tissue box, sniffling pitifully like the sneezy angel that she was. She hitched, her petite nose wriggling with the fierce itch, and her dark, messy hair was like a half around her head as she prepared to sneeze, expression changing with each second to one of relief, one of desperation, one of vulnerability, and so on and so forth….

I couldn’t take it.

Before Eden could even sneeze, she was cuddled up with me on the couch, my arms around her body in a warm hug. She barely choked out a thanks---a thanks for what, I don’t know---before snapping into the tissue with a flurry of sneezes.

“Shhiwuwww!!” she sneezed that girly sneeze she had, and I thought this would be the end of it, but an instant later, those girly little squeaks changed into those strong, fierce sneezes of hers. Each sneeze brought her knees jerking towards her chest, her feet leaving the floor. “EhhHEHSIWWW!! HihhhEHSHUWW!! AhheHHHRSSHHH!!”

The last one was especially strong, and I would have laughed had I not been so miserably lovestruck.

“Bless you…” I told her quietly, giving Eden a tender squeeze after the sneezes.

She whimpered, her head clearly hurting as she gave her nose a blow. “Gebba...cad we go to bed…?”

She looked so pitiful. And I wanted so, so much to take care of her. Every inch of me told me to leave her on the couch, or stay on the couch myself, and never touch her, never gaze as her lovely dark hair or her adorable button nose or her chest or her eyes, damn, those eyes….

I’m a weak person, see. I don’t do the smart thing. I do what I want rather than what I need.

And it was all I could do to keep myself from remembering just how damn much I needed Eden.

Edited by Galaxy

Thanks so much, Knicker14! :) I'm hoping to have the next part up by Tuesday. Thanks so much!