Sneeze Fetish Forum

Heritage

darkness-is-the-light

Why not find out what our heritage is? I think it'll be fun. Ok for me it is Polish (Almost all 95%), Irish, Russian, Dutch, Austrian (You could also maybe say German). I think that's all, you can also say what percentage if you know.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmm... Good question... Well, both of my grandmothers and maybe one grandfather (my mother's father broke up with my Grandma when he found out that she was pregnant- so my Mum doesn't know who her father is, and my grandmother is assured that I think that her now late husband is my Grandpa, so I can't ask her) are Croatian. My other grandfather (my father's father) is Serbian.

Don't know about the rest, though... *sigh*

I'm weird. This is probably going to be a mouthful, so bear with me.

On my mom's side, I don't even know what I am for sure. I know it's some blend of Scandinavian countries, but aside from Sweden I don't know which ones specifically.

On my dad's side, I'm both North and South Korean. My Grandfather was from North Korea, and my Grandmother was from South Korea. In the 1950s during the Korean War, they both fled to the United States and met there.

Then, my dad transferred to my mom's high school in their senior year, and the rest is history.

50% Italian/Sicilian mix, the rest is a hodgepodge of Eastern European - Polish, Slovakian, and there's some German in there too I'm pretty sure.

I think heritages are very interesting -- and what we do with them as part of our identities.

I'm 100 percent Jewish. Both sides of my family came from (what wasn't then but is now) Ukraine. My mother's side came from a Russian-speaking area and my father from a Polish speaking area. But the first language of Jews at that time and in those places was Yiddish. This makes me a fairly typical American Jew. Except for the sneezing thing, of course. whistling.giflaugh.png

My dad's family is Lebanese (grandma) and Latvian (grandpa), and my mom's family is Irish on both sides.

• 1 month later...

I'm adopted. My birth mom was Native American and my birth dad was Irish and a different tribe of Native American.

I'm pretty much 50% Irish (Dad's family) and 50% Scottish (Mother's family) apparently about 25% Scottish and 25% English (from the Northern area) and I'm a 3rd generation Canadian smile.png

My mom and her family are Puerto Rican (hailing from New York). However, my great-great-grandmother was from Spain. :)

My dad and his family were all born in Peru, save for my great-grandfather. He was from Germany and came to Peru during World War 2.

But I mostly just say I'm Puerto-Ruvian. :P

• 1 month later...

I'm adopted. My birth mom was Native American and my birth dad was Irish and a different tribe of Native American.

African American..my family is from georgia and other southern states. And ur heritage is so awesome Awko-Chan!

I think I'm Dutch all the way, but I'm not certain. Of course, if you go back far enough there is no such thing as Dutch, but I doubt I could trace my family tree back as far as that :)

In terms of modern history I'm approximately half Scotch-Irish (my Scottish ancestors having immigrated to Northern Ireland from the Loch Lomond area of Scotland before coming over the Atlantic to Pennsylvania), and half German (from the city of Bremen). If you look further back though it becomes more of a mish-mash, at least on the Scotch-Irish side as some of it can be traced back to Vikings who invaded Northern France before moving up to Scotland during the Huguenot exodus. And who knows who else they raped and pillaged before settling in France.

African-American (as far as I know). Solely on the basis of stereotypical characteristics, I often claim random places as my heritage, but only jokingly (and somewhat hopefully).

European mutt - I don't know the specifics. Apparently I'm not the only one either, as over the summer my grandma exclaimed "We're French!" and my dad replied, "We are?"

European mutt - I don't know the specifics. Apparently I'm not the only one either, as over the summer my grandma exclaimed "We're French!" and my dad replied, "We are?"

:lol: That's hilarious.

Red Nine - that made me laugh. I'm fifth generation American on my mother's side and fourth generation American on my father's side. That being said, my mother's father's family is German Catholic from up in the Elmsland region, my mother's mother's family is Polish / Russian (pick a year and look at the map) Jewish. My father's family is all from Poland / Russia / Ukraine (again where was that border that year?) / Germany? (my last name is German) and Jewish. I'm having trouble tracing my father's side back across the ocean as most of the records were destroyed in WWII., but I can trace my mom's father's family back to around 1630. Apparently I still have relatives (decendants of my Great Great Grandfather's brothers and sisters) living in the Elmsland region of Germany. I hope to travel there one of these years and meet them.

My dad's family is mostly Norwegian with some Irish. My mom's is German. Her mother's side is from Elmsland (hello, Demon327!) and her father's side is from the southwest of Germany, but I think (based on surnames, etc.) that they originally came from Spain.

Ooh, I love heritage stuff.

I'm 25% Greek although I know nothing past my grandpa on my dad's side because he left before my dad was born. Also from that side I'm around 15% Swedish, 10% German, and 5% Irish. I'm 2nd generation American for my grandpa on this side and around 5th generation for my grandma.

And then I'm about 45% Irish from my mom's side and about 5% German/French thrown in. For both my grandma and grandpa on this side I'm 8th-9th generation.

I think it's interesting to hear about all the different places my ancestors are from and all the things that had to happen for me to be alive today and it's awesome for me to hear about where you guys come from too. :)

African-American (as far as I know). Solely on the basis of stereotypical characteristics, I often claim random places as my heritage, but only jokingly (and somewhat hopefully).

XD This made me smile...:)

Archived