Sneeze Fetish Forum

Heritage

darkness-is-the-light

African-American (as far as I know). Solely on the basis of stereotypical characteristics, I often claim random places as my heritage, but only jokingly (and somewhat hopefully).

XD This made me smile...smile.png

Haha I'm glad :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Another European mutt here. More Scottish than any other one nationality, but even then I think I worked it out to be only a 1/4 of my background. There's some Swiss and English, too. And a bunch of other stuff.

Like I said, a mutt. tongue.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'm pretty much a European mutt as well. Completely Italian on my dad's side. As for my moms side however, it's a little more complicated. I'm Jewish, Polish, German, English ect....Purebred mutt. xD

• 3 weeks later...

Well Acadian(My papa's side of the family) (french. Chiac les amis. Poutines rapee ect ect) . Then ancesters a bit from Europe(my great great *many* greats grandfather on my maman's side()British part) and Irish too. and also Scottish ( my grandfather on my maman's side). So yeh. but born in Canada. so yeh my ancessters are different part's of the world.

• 2 months later...

My dad is 100% Dutch, although...

I think Of course, if you go back far enough there is no such thing as Dutch, but I doubt I could trace my family tree back as far as that :)

My mom's mom is Cajun; which are the Louisiana-dwelling descendants of the Acadians, (Hi Deathy!) and my mom's dad was Mexican. So I tan really nicely!

Right, well here's a story! On my Mother's side I am 25% full English (maybe back to Celtic times) 25 % european (from france, Spain and others). On my father's side I am 25% Iraqi/Israeli so therefore Asian and 25% South African! In other words, although I have pale skin (as in, really pale) dark hair and blue eyes I am really an International person ;)

25% Native American. 20% Hispanic. 10% Irish. 10% Dutch. And the rest Russian. So I basically look like a big puddle of mixed.

On my mother's side, I'm German (from my grandmother) and Irish (from my grandfather), although I doubt those are 100% pure. On my dad's side, a lot of my heritage is apparently Swiss-German, although I'm not sure what he's basing that on, and it's a lot of mennonites (he was raised mennonite) and we know there's a sliver of Welsh in there. Apparently I may or may not be distantly related to the founder of the Bronx area of New York, since his name (Bronck) is basically a variant of mine, and there are different stories told about his heritage, but one says he was a mennonite seeking religious freedom.

Why not find out what our heritage is? I think it'll be fun. Ok for me it is Polish (Almost all 95%), Irish, Russian, Dutch, Austrian (You could also maybe say German). I think that's all, you can also say what percentage if you know.

I'm majority French, some Polish and British! Although I cannot speak any of those languages (okay, yes, English) but I can kind of speak Spanish? Haha what a cool topic!

• 1 month later...

I'm adopted as well! :) I don't know too much about my geneaology (sp?) but I do know that I actually am as Irish as one can get. 100% on both sides. I don't tan; I burn. :/ *Irish step dances out of frame*

English with a side order of English, with a teensy smackrel of Welsh from my Great Grandmother, but yeah mainly English. Guess it all comes under the umbrella of British though

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only Asian Asian here?

Cries.

Slithers into a hole.

I was born and live in 'murica.

Half Chinese Half Taiwanese

there's not much of a difference. So Idk.

I like my taiwanese relatives slightly more because there are so many negative connotations with Chinese.

not to mention my chinese uncle keeps making my dad drink alcoholic beverages

and my chinese grandfather used to smoke and drink at the same time. He died, of course.

I'm English as far back as can be traced. Though historically my mother thinks her ancestors would have been Northern Europeana (Scandinavians) and I think that my fathers family may have had Celtic heritage.

Who knows though?

Similarly, my latest theory is that my father's family were Jutes and my mother's of Westcountry celtic origin; being from Devon they must have been Dumnonii,.......

Scandinavian, peasant bloodline back to the 1000's.

Wait, not really. There might actually be some royal blood mixed into it in the late 1700's, on my mother's side. heh.gif Maybe. But not that likely.

I'm 100% Finnish, unless you count Karelians as their own group.

...okay, judging by the way my mothers grandmother looked, I'd say she (and her relatives and husband and his relatives) are slavic so maybe they should be their own group?

So, 3/4 Finnish and 1/4 Karelian?

• 9 months later...

I'm 100% Indian, from India. My parents are from South India to be specific and I like my mom's extended family better than my dad's extended family b/c my dad's extended family is really prideful.

I'm biracial. On my mom's side I'm black (who knows what kind---my great grandma's grandma was born a slave, so no records that go back far enough to identify, but we assume we're African American) and according to her there's most likely Native American in there somewhere and my mom's light-ish skin (that was was my shade when she was little---I look a lot like Madison Pettis) is a testament to there being a bunch of whiteness in there as well.

On my dad's side I'm mainly Irish and Greek with some German from my grandma and also English.

Archived