• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hygge

• CHOCOLATE <3

• AnteatersOnParade

• CuteSneezeGirl

49 minutes ago, Wow Really? said:

I'm pretty new here, but always look forward to your updates :) 

Thank you! Yeah I'm not as desperate about trying to get sick these days haha. I feel like I kinda finally did and now I can focus on other things. 

But UGH bf is totally sick!!!! Like not really congested or even that sniffly but sneezing / nose blowing all the time, and stronger than his usual sneezes. And he has tomorrow off. Gahhh he was already a grumpmeister when he got home tonight boooooo. I feel really kinda guilty for dreading his sickness. I should be able to comfort him / take care of him and whatever. And not be mad at him for getting sick. I'm not mad at HIM just the situation ugh. I'm grossed out by it like he's family at this point... and he's not nice when ill... and it means a lot of extra work for me while also having to put up with snippy remarks and him being really needy but constantly criticizing me lolol. He should be able to feel bad if he feels bad but ugh I am not looking forward to it allllll. 

... I did....touch his cell phone and touch my nose while he was in the bathroom... sigh old habits die hard. Idk if I even wanna be sick myself. I just feel like who knows when the opportunity will present itself, and if that can make the anxiety about the situation more tolerable, I gotta try to look at it like an opportunity right?... hmph. 

I'm gonna tell him to go get cold meds or something. So hopefully that'll lessen it or whatever. But he doesn't like admit to being sick. He doesn't deny it or anything. He's just like a 5 year old who doesn't care. It's so not attractive to me. 

Edit - and he just totally ignored my text when I texted him about getting meds while he was at the store. He's like what about milk lol. 

Edited by Boba

Last night a friend and I decided to watch a hayao Miyazaki film and play a drinking game with it haha. I made the worstttt rum and iced coffee drink. It was disgusting. So bf tried to fix it and of course was sipping on my straw to taste test.... I didn't have like any food, terrible idea, so I kinda gave up on the drinking part of the movie early on cus it was making me feel bleh lol. Went to bed past 3 and woke up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep cus stomach was still sour lol. Bf woke up at 11 and his voice is all sick. Gah. He made like giant messes with all the dishes and leaving crap out and took alllll the hot water so my shower was not very warm lolol. First world problems. And I'm tired, so I was like welp I'm out. And he's like a gross 5 year old that doesn't care who he infects and that might be something I'm into in sick fics, but in real life it's just gross... idk if I even wanna be sick. When it's coming from him, it kinda grosses me out haha. It's kinda ironic that I'm content with not being sick, but my day is panning out like the days when I was intentionally trying to get sick: drinking after someone sick, getting almost no keep, having no food of nutritional value (I did eat peanut mnm's and chips while drinking lol), getting drunk, taking a cold shower... yup.

I'm jealous of the people who love everything about their partner being ill and taking care of them and whatever. I'm far beyond the honeymoon stage and his lack of manners, lack of appreciation, etc is just ick. Comfy bed... next few days he works like afternoon-night so if I can just sleep through today.... xP

OMFG I need to rant again about how godawful auto correct is on this site now on mobile. It ALWAYS corrects "the" to "he" and does ridiculously stupid stuff like changing "days" to aus... when I type something with an apostrophe S like bf's it tries to change the S to an A. Changes an to Ann. It takes SO LONG to type something on my phone ahhhhh lol. Ok rant done. I'm tired and a little hungover, excuse the outrage. I can't complain to other people about how the auto correct sucks on the sneeze forum I'm on... ?

This guy recently told me that supposedly if two people are attracted to each other's scents (like their natural odor, not perfume or whatever), they can't get each other sick. He said it has something to do with hormones or something. Not sure if this is true, but maybe that could help explain why you can't seem to catch your boyfriend's cold!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 7:48 PM, atchoum23 said:

This guy recently told me that supposedly if two people are attracted to each other's scents (like their natural odor, not perfume or whatever), they can't get each other sick. He said it has something to do with hormones or something. Not sure if this is true, but maybe that could help explain why you can't seem to catch your boyfriend's cold!

Hmm interesting ha. I definitely caught a cold from him in like June or something, but this recent one I didn't get. Thankfully it was very minor. 

• 1 year later...

Been pretty longgg. I just recently got like the mildest cold in the world or something. I'll just describe the deal. I kept expecting it to get worse but... seems like I've mostly fought it off lol.

Tuesday night, nose was like super tickly. Kept sneezing a bunch. But I mostly just held them in entirely. I figured it was like an allergy related thing. It became kinda too hard to stifle silently, and my nose was suuuper stuffy. That night, I was kinda like wtf why is my nose so stuffy. It wasn't like runny or anything. No congestion. Just stuffed and I was annoyed cus sleeping with a stuffy nose is a pain lol. Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up and my nose was no longer stuffy, but my throat was super sore. It was hard to get back to sleep. This was the point where I was like oh man, am I sick? My throat gets like scratchy a lot from allergy related stuff, but it seems like a really clear difference to me when it's a sick sore throat vs an allergy irritated throat. 

The whole next day (wednesday) my throat was sore. Had college classes and had to do a lot of out loud sharing and shakespeare "performing" which was pretty annoying hahah. By wednesday night, the sore throat thing wasn't really sure, but was feeling kinda scratchy. Still not in allergy way, but more like a do I need to cough way haha. And I was still sneezing more than normal, but my nose wasn't stuffy or anything. Drank tons of tea and had chicken noodle soup which was like the tastiest thing in the world haha.

By thursday, I was practically totally fine. Still slightly sneezy, and my like left nostril specifically has been the one that gets kinda drippy now when I do sneeze. But it's pretty mild. Nothing exciting at all. I kept kind of wondering if it was going to progress into something. But doesn't seem like it. I'm still at the state of being like basically completely normal. But sneezing more often and left nostril acting up when I do hah. 

Not a very exciting report. But I guess this is what ended my like 2+ year "streak" of health. Pretty pathetic. I'll update if for some reason it does get worse, but it's been a few days of super minor / alleviating symptoms, so maybe I'm just cured haha. For the record, I haven't been trying to get sick in like forever. I've still been pretty careless about germs and whatever. But being sick during school would be pretty embarrassing. xD This was my second week of school, so a little soon to already be contaminated haha.

Edited by Boba
  • 1 year later...

Hi Boba, just read through your thread again for the first time in years because I was feeling nostalgic ❤ Hope everything is going well! 🤗

• 2 years later...

I just read through this thread, and wow, times have changed. With the whole pandemic and all, I am less gung-ho about getting sick, but I have managed to catch colds quite a few times since I posted in this thread. In fact, almost half of them were unintentional. 

A few things to report:

1. Sticking your nose in someone's tissue who has a cold actually worked some years back for me. (This was before COVID was a thing, and I managed to catch two different colds this way, from two different people.)

2. Mostly I have caught colds when my friend-with-benefits has one, and I have him induce sneezes in my face. Kissing him doesn't usually work, but having him sneeze on me very often does result in me catching what he has.

Most of my illnesses aren't the fun sort, though. I am very prone to getting ear infections and bronchitis and needing antibiotics, but not so much to colds.

I also relate so much to what you said here, Boba! I hate when people are sick around me, because I get sort of jealous and it frustrates me. I am glad you were able to succeed a few times in getting a cold, though! 

I know back in 2014, I was sick like constantly, but I was also having my bipolar meds adjusted, so that could have made me more vulnerable due to the stress. I know that year I managed to catch a friend's cold by sniffing her tissues.  I also got the flu from my dad without trying, and I got a HORRIBLE cold in January of 2015, that showed up out of nowhere. I still have no idea where it came from. I also caught a number of colds from my roommate since (intentionally), and in 2017, I got like two unintentional colds at random. I think one came from college, and one came from the airport. In 2018 I caught a cold again from my roomie after a convention, and in 2019 I caught a cold out of nowhere that was AWFUL. It was a weird one too. I was actually at a convention during the time I was starting to get sick, so I was con crud patient zero lol. I felt like I was having allergies (I had a mild congested cough), but otherwise felt fine. Right after the convention, though, I started to feel sort of sick, and I knew it was more than allergies. A couple days later, I had a full-blown cold, with the usual super yellow snot and everything. I felt like I had a fever, but didn't. In 2021, I caught a cold from my roomie in July (NOT COVID). I normally don't get sneezy colds, but this one was the sneeze fetishist's dream cold! I sneezed a lot during, and my sneezes were very messy. I also didn't feel sick but sounded stuffy and awful. Unfortunately, though, it turned into a sinus infection, and was so bad that my snot went from cold yellow to dark moss green. Of course, I ended up on antibiotics for that one. 

I also got a few non-cold illnesses since I last posted in this thread, but mostly a bunch of ear infections a few lung infections (bronchitis and pneumonia), and because the universe hates me, I got freaking COVID in 2020 on my birthday. It wasn't a typical flu COVID either. I didn't really feel sick, but I was gasping for air and breathing hurt, so I was hospitalized and on oxygen for that. I also got a ridiculous fever in 2017 that almost reached 103 (I think it went up to 102.7), but had not cold symptoms accompanying it. So that one sucked too lol. I was crying by the end of it because I felt so awful. 

Anyway, that's my update!

So all in all, I guess you and I both succeeded!