Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cally's Sherlock drabble thread #1 442/442

cally

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my God, I KNEW it! :lmfao: I was like: 'I feel like they're having a staring contest, but with no sneezing instead of no blinking...' This was great, cally. Loved it! :D

That one with the bad dream was so sad :'(

:( I'm sorry. Mycroft can't be a stuffy posh suit all the time.

Those brothers crack me up everytime, you have them so in character.

Aww thank you!

Oh my God, I KNEW it! lmfao.gif I was like: 'I feel like they're having a staring contest, but with no sneezing instead of no blinking...' This was great, cally. Loved it! biggrin.png

Heeee! I am so glad you enjoyed. I have no idea where that idea came from; it was totally random and out of the blue. :)

I honestly don't know when I will have more (probably tonight while I stress write) but then after that there may be a few days without any, as I will be out of town for a few and I am unsure as to how much online access I will have while I'm gone.

OMG! Sherlock and Mycroft! I love the way you write these two! Mycroft regularly checking on Sherlock, appearances...right... Love the way they deliberately rile each other up. And the no sneeze contest that they "agree" to have without either saying a word to each other because they just know.... Total awesomeness!!! I Love It! I love you! Have I told you that lately? Well I do!

Nevertheless, the dream one was good smile.png

Thank you! :)

OMG! Sherlock and Mycroft! I love the way you write these two! Mycroft regularly checking on Sherlock, appearances...right... Love the way they deliberately rile each other up. And the no sneeze contest that they "agree" to have without either saying a word to each other because they just know.... Total awesomeness!!! I Love It! I love you! Have I told you that lately? Well I do!

Awwww thank you! :) You're too kind!

183. regimen

Light was just starting to creep around the edges when Mycroft woke up. He made a mental note to drink less tea in the evenings as he went to sit up, and found he couldn’t. Gregory had his arms wrapped rather tightly around his body; something that probably wasn’t doing his wound any good.

He rubbed Gregory’s arm, trying to wake the older man gently. Unfortunately, Gregory just held him tighter. Mycroft sniffed and then hastily stifled a sneeze. He rubbed Gregory’s arm again. “Gregory. Gregory,” he said as he rubbed his arm.

He stopped his ministrations to bring his hand up to his nose.

Mmmpftish! Mmmpftish!

Mycroft sniffed again, as the silver haired man loosened his grip.

“G’bless. Mmmmm don’ move. Warm.”

“Gregory, I promise to return. I just need to use the bathroom.”

Gregory reluctantly loosened his grip so Mycroft could get up. Mycroft padded to the bathroom, sneezing harshly along the way.

Mmmpftisssshh!

Mycroft returned momentarily and got back into bed and was immediately wrapped in a pair of warm arms.

“G’bless,” Gregory said sleepily. “Ok?”

“Thank you, dear. I’m fine. I believe it is time for me to up my medication regimen, however. How are you feeling Gregory?”

“Mmmfine. Sleepy. Warm.” Gregory pulled Mycroft closer and fell back to sleep.

184. reports

Mycroft did not go back to sleep. He was wide-awake and would have liked to start his day, but he couldn’t resist spending more time with Gregory, and it was Saturday.

He rested there in Gregory’s arms and made mental preparations for the day; phone calls that needed making, reports to be disseminated; the usual. He was glad that he did not need to go into the office; he wanted to make sure that Gregory was feeling better and able to get around better today or he was going to have to have someone take a look at his injury.

Mycroft’s nose twitched, and he lifted a hand to rub at it, sniffling. He gave it a second rub, attempting to keep any tickles at bay, not wanting to disturb his sleeping partner.

He went back to mentally going over the things that he needed to attend to for a few moments and then his nose began to twitch in earnest, wrinkling at the bridge, and breath hitching, he sneezed as quietly as he could, pressing his wrist against his nose.

Mmmpfch! Mmmpfch!

Gregory shifted their position on the bed, so that Gregory was now spooning Mycroft. “G’bless,” he murmured into Mycroft’s ear.

“Thank you, dear,” Mycroft replied softly.

Gregory nuzzled into the back of Mycroft’s neck, kissing him behind the ear.

Mycroft smiled and rolled over so he was facing his lover. Gregory was slowly waking up and he had a lazy smile on his face. Mycroft watched him.

Gregory slowly opened his eyes. He blinked sleep from his eyes and focused on Mycroft. He placed light kisses on Mycroft’s forehead, cheeks and on the tip of his nose.

He loved the gentle kisses, but the ones to the tip of his nose caused him to scrunch up his face, his long nose crinkling ticklishly from the attention. Gregory smiled and repeated the action, bringing his hand up to cup Mycroft’s face.

Mycroft wrinkled and wriggled his nose helplessly; his nose was ticklish and itchy now from the hay fever and from the teasing kisses of his partner. Mycroft brought a hand up and rubbed his nose, pinching the nostrils. He gave a weak sniff. Gregory was still smiling and placed a gentle kiss on Mycroft’s mouth. He then placed a few more on his nose and his forehead.

Mycroft could no longer resist the prickly tickles building in his nose. He quickly turned his head, brought his wrist up to his nose, and sneezed.

Mmmpfch! Mmmpfch! Mmmpftish! Mmmpftishoo!

Gregory gave a soft chuckle. “God bless you, love.” He reached behind him for the tissues and was able to awkwardly grab a few and handed them to Mycroft.

“Thank you, Gregory.”

Mycroft managed to sit up enough so he could blow his nose. He sniffed and rubbed his nose again. “Gregory, you are a tease,” he said.

Gregory smiled widely and placed another kiss on Mycroft’s forehead.

“Good morning, love.”

“Good morning, dearest heart.”

Oh my god that "report" one is probs my fave in this whole thread ^^

Oh my god that "report" one is probs my fave in this whole thread ^^

Thank you so much! It's funny because I haven't been overly thrilled with them writing wise. Content wise I am always happy but I've felt lately just sort of meh about it all.

I do have to once again thank Spoo for the idea, that was all her. :)wubsmiley.gif

Awwh, don't feel meh! You are a fantastic writer and capture the personalities of the characters beautifully! You write and I melt. They are adorable and wonderful and please don't stop. Ever.

Gregory a tease. Awww. So cute!!!

Awwh, don't feel meh! You are a fantastic writer and capture the personalities of the characters beautifully! You write and I melt. They are adorable and wonderful and please don't stop. Ever.

Awwww, thank you. I was just feeling meh.

Gregory a tease. Awww. So cute!!!

He is a tease. He's done it before. :)

I've written a few drabbles; can you tell I am travelling?

185. travel

John wasn’t really big on travel. He didn’t really want to go to this conference, but it would be interesting and could possibly help Sherlock on cases in the future, which is why he agreed to it in the first place.

John didn’t really care for flying either. He had enough of it going to Afghanistan and all the places in between. He preferred the train; it’s quiet, rumbling pace and the scenery. He felt it was ridiculous to have to be at Heathrow 90 minutes before his flight; a flight that was barely going to be an hour.

So he got up early and headed off. At least Sherlock got Mycroft to arrange a car for him so he could be spared the hour+ journey on the Tube.

It was quiet while he waited for his flight. There wasn’t much activity going on in this section of the airport reserved for domestic travel. He was so used to Sherlock’s general chatter and noise and constant stream of deductions that he forgot how quiet quiet could be.

He had a novel and tried to focus on the plot, especially since Sherlock wasn’t there to tell him the ending or who the murderer was. He found his eyes heavy, tired; he had been up early and to bed late. It wasn’t as if Sherlock ever let him sleep.

He was trying to get back into the novel, when he suddenly sneezed.

Hi-etcssshhhh!

He gave a weak sniffle and rubbed at his nose. No one paid him any attention.

Hmmph, he thought. So much for polite courtesy.

He ran a hand across his face and returned to his novel.

And then, out of the blue again, he sneezed once more, quickly bringing the crook of his elbow up.

Hi-etcssshhhoo!

Again, no one paid him any heed. “Bless me,” he mumbled under his breath.

186. legwork

Mycroft found flying tedious. He preferred conference calls to legwork, obviously, and travel counted as legwork. Sadly, his position did mean he had to travel, so travel he did.

It didn’t matter that the plane was private; the tea still always tasted rubbish. It also meant time away from Gregory.

He’d made many concessions in regards to his position since being with Gregory, but sadly this meeting he could not avoid being present.

What he really hated most about flying was the havoc is wreaked on his sinuses, especially in the spring.

The day before he was set to fly out, he made sure he took double the dose of his antihistamine and also began to take a decongestant to make the flight as “pleasant” as possible.

Before taking off, he blew his nose harshly, so much so that Anthea looked up in alarm. She raised an eyebrow.

“Just a precaution.”

Anthea nodded. This wasn’t the first time that she had flown with Mr. Holmes.

The plane took off, and the two settled into going over the upcoming meeting’s agenda. Notes were made, timetables adjusted. Mycroft sniffed and rubbed his nose. Anthea checked her mobile to make sure that no other changes had been sent through.

Mycroft settled back in his chair, attempting to get more comfortable. At that moment, the pressure in the cabin changed as they hit a small downdraft. That was all Mycroft’s sinuses needed. His breath hitched teasingly as he pulled his handkerchief from his trouser pocket

Ah-hah-hhh-hehhhhmmpftish!

MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmmpftish! Mmmmmpftish!

Anthea looked up briefly. “God bless you, sir.”

“Thank you, Anthea.” Mycroft blew his nose.

“Can I get you anything, sir?”

Mycroft sniffed. He wanted a cup of tea, but he knew that it would taste terrible. “Coffee, I think, Anthea. Please.”

Anthea got up to make the coffee and Mycroft began to read one of the many briefings that he needed to get through by the time they landed. He sniffed again and rubbed his nose. He pulled his handkerchief out again and waited as the tickle built again. The bridge of his nose crinkled as he felt the sneeze come to fruition.

Hhmmmmpftish! Mmmmmpftish!

“God bless you again, sir,” Anthea said as she brought the cafetiere over.

“Thank you, Anthea.” He gave her a genuine smile. How she must tire of me in the spring, he thought as he blew his nose again.

“You’re welcome.” Anthea smiled back, wondering what brought that on. She poured the coffee and then before sitting back down to attend to her own work, fetched another handkerchief for her employer.

187. briefings

As Mycroft was just getting through the first of his briefings, he got a text.

I miss you already. –GL

Mycroft smiled as he read the text.

I miss you, dearest heart. –MH

How is your flight? Tea rubbish as always? ;) -GL

The flight has been fine, a small amount of turbulence though. Anthea made coffee. It is far more tolerable than the tea would have been. –MH

Mycroft paused after sending the text. He rubbed his sensitive nose, triggering another pair of sneezes.

Mmmmmpftish! MmmmINGHtighsh!

“God bless you, sir,” Anthea said glancing up from her mobile.

Mycroft started to thank her, but ended up sneezing again.

Mmmmmpftish!

Anthea made a sound that would have been a chuckle from anyone else. “God bless you again, sir.”

“Apologies. Thank you, my dear.”

Mycroft blew his nose again as his mobile vibrated.

How are you feeling? –GL

I’m fine, Gregory. –MH

Define fine. –GL

I am feeling as well as can be expected under these circumstances. –MH

So the change in pressure IS bothering you. You could have just said. –GL

Sadly Gregory, I am used to it. And I have had far worse. –MH

I know, love. I just worry about you. –GL

I know. And I do assure you I am perfectly well. –MH

Ok. Please take care of yourself love. –GL

I will, Gregory. Please do the same. –MH

188. match

Lestrade hated when Mycroft was away. They had grown so close, and he did not enjoy being apart from him. He knew it was silly and sentimental, but he did love him and even a few nights seemed to take forever to pass.

He did use the time while Mycroft was gone to laze about more, not pick up his clothing, and eat rubbish takeaway. It generally coincided with the times that he tended to forget to do other things like make the bed or, slightly more importantly, take his antihistamine. Mycroft was very good about reminding him of it; it was still a new habit for him.

He was settling in with leftover Chinese, a beer, and a DVR’d footy match, when he started a text conversation with Mycroft. He hoped that the flight didn’t cause him too much discomfort; he knew that the younger man had been feeling increasingly symptomatic lately. And he knew that Mycroft would never admit to needing help or anything that might make him feel that he was weak or perceived as weak.

As Gregory ate and watched the recorded game, he began to think of what he could do for Mycroft when he arrived home. He took an enjoyable sip of his beer, savouring the hoppy aroma and taste. He breathed it in, and then quickly realised that was not the best idea he had had all day.

Rahhhshhngxtishh! HhhhhuhhraGHNTshh! Hhhshhngxtishh! HhhhhuhhraGHNTshh! Huhhrahhhshhhooo!

He was not surprised at all when he got the following text.

Oh, and God bless you, my dearest heart. –MH

Thank you, love. One of these days, I will figure out how you do that. –GL

Lestrade had a smile on his face as he read the text and sent the reply. He decided that the first thing he would do for Mycroft would be remembering to take his own pill.

Indeed! And the trials of flying. Poor John and Mycroft.

Anthea made a sound that would have been a chuckle from anyone else. “God bless you again, sir.”

Aww...he called her "my dear." Greg has been such a good influence :)

I'm kinda glad you're traveling--this were all adorable. Be safe and hope you have a good trip!

I definitely love the one about John. He does seem to want politeness all the time and I think that's cute about him.

Indeed! And the trials of flying. Poor John and Mycroft.

Poor lambs, indeed.

Aww...he called her "my dear." Greg has been such a good influence smile.png

I'm kinda glad you're traveling--this were all adorable. Be safe and hope you have a good trip!

Awww, thank you! The trip has been fine. I'm heading back tonight.

I definitely love the one about John. He does seem to want politeness all the time and I think that's cute about him.

Thank you! I realised I had been neglecting poor John as of late.

So amazing...

:) thank you

I had some ideas this morning and had a chance to quickly type up a couple. I may or may not have been caught in a downpour yesterday while on a run. :/

189. tosser

Lestrade found conferences and meetings extremely boring and tedious. He’d rather spend the day doing paperwork then listen to some tosser who hadn’t been on the street in decades telling him how to do his job.

He settled in for some long diatribe and amused himself by thinking about what he would be doing with (or to) Mycroft at the end of the long day.

He let himself be absorbed by his daydream, completely ignoring the speaker. The only thing that brought him out of his trancelike state was the sneeze that snuck up on him, tickling his nostrils.

Rahhhshhngxtishh!

He sneezed into his fist, trying to suppress it as best as he could. After he rubbed his nose and sniffled, wishing he had remembered to grab his handkerchief before leaving in a rush that morning.

A moment later, his mobile vibrated. He pulled it out of his pocket, keeping his hand under the table.

God bless you, dearest heart. Check your right trouser pocket. –MH

Gregory did so, and there was one of Mycroft’s fancy silk handkerchiefs. One of these days, he would figure out how Mycroft managed to do such things.

Thank you on both counts. But it is still creepy that you watch me, you know. –GL

190. raindrops

It was by all accounts supposed to be a lovely morning, and was in fact when Mycroft went out for a run. The sunrise over the Thames was gorgeous as usual, despite the approaching clouds. He enjoyed his running route and didn’t often go out on it now, that it was spring. But he was unable to sleep this morning and decided that an early morning run would be just the thing.

As he had reached the midpoint of his run, and had turned around toward his townhouse, the skies quickly grew darker, and a few scattered raindrops made their presence known. Mycroft picked up his pace a bit, trying to outrun the weather. It didn’t happen.

By the time he arrived home, he was soaked to the bone; his running jacket was stuck to him in places, and his trainers squished, filled with rainwater. It had gotten rather chilly as well, and he shivered as he pulled the sodden running clothing off in the foyer.

Gregory came downstairs at that moment with a towel. “I heard the rain, and figured you’d need this.” He smiled at Mycroft.

Mycroft, half undressed, shivered. “Thank you, Gregory. It is much appreciated.”

He sniffled wetly and quickly turned his head to sneeze.

MmmmINGHtighsh!

Gregory winced at the sound. “God bless you, love. Let’s get you into a hot shower before you catch cold.”

Mycroft, now undressed, wrapped himself in the towel, and Gregory wrapped his arm around his shoulders. “Thank you, dearest.” He rubbed the end of his nose with his towel, trying to alleviate the tickle that had started to build.

Gregory had also anticipated that, and pulled a handkerchief from his dressing gown. He pressed it into Mycroft’s hand.

MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmmpftish! Mmmmmpftish!

“God bless you again!”

“Thank you, Gregory,” he said as they made their way up the stairs to the bathroom.

Thank you on both counts. But it is still creepy that you watch me, you know. –GL

Creepy, but incredibly sexy and mysterious! I love it!

Creepy, but incredibly sexy and mysterious! I love it!

It is, a bit. :)

191. negotiation

Mycroft was not looking forward to the daylong meeting. There was very little he enjoyed about these situations. He often spent the time having to make concessions for others or arranging for behind the scenes negotiations to occur at a later time.

He was glad to find that Anthea had him seated next to someone who he did not find totally intolerable; someone who had nothing to gain out of attending, and who would not try to use his position as the British government to their advantage.

He had a good cup of tea and a glass of water set out for him already; Anthea had such the attention to detail. He situated himself and waited for the tedium to begin.

Negotiations were strained, and tempers flared as the morning went on. Mycroft had little to do with this; in fact he had been quiet for most of the morning as others quickly handled the things being discussed, therefore not requiring his involvement. Mycroft, himself, spent a good majority of his time devoted to mentally planning where he would take Gregory for dinner later in the week. The other part of his brain was involved in keeping his ticklish nose from distracting him.

Despite the double dose of antihistamines, he was feeling particularly itchy. He focused on breathing in and out of his mouth for the most part; knowing breathing through his nose would cause him duress.

During a particularly tense set of negotiations, Mycroft knew he was not going to be able to keep from sneezing. He could feel it building up in his sinuses, overwhelming him. The bridge of his nose crinkled, and he pinched his nostrils, stifling the sneeze as much as possible.

Mmmpfx!

“Bless you,” the woman seated beside him said quietly, with a smile.

“Thank you,” he said rubbing his long nose and sniffling quietly. “Apologies.”

“Do you think they will ever shut up?” The young woman seated beside him smiled again at him.

The corner of his mouth twitched. “They will continue on until lunch, I am sure,” he replied.

192. presentation

The meeting broke at half ten for tea. Mycroft was grateful; it gave him the room to relax a bit. Anthea approached him with a fresh cup of tea and a handful of notes and to go over before the meeting resumed. She sat down in a vacated seat and waited for him to give his attention to them

Mycroft read over the notes that were provided. He rolled his eyes over the one concerning his brother, and Anthea may have made a sound that was close to a snicker. He rubbed his nose again, as he took the next note in; contemplating. In hindsight, that was a move he regretted. His nose was still very sensitive, and he was suddenly bent forward with a series of rapid and harsh sneezes.

Hehhhhmmpftish! Mmmpftish! Tish! TIsh! Tish! Mmmmpftish!

Anthea raised an eyebrow.

“God bless you, sir!”

“Apologies, Anthea. Thank you.” Mycroft pulled out his handkerchief and blew his nose gently as possible.

“Can I get you anything else, sir?” Anthea knew the meeting would be resuming momentarily. Mycroft gave her instructions in regards to the notes and she went off to attend to them as the participants began to filter back into the room.

The remaining hour before lunch was the longest hour ever, Mycroft thought. It involved a presentation by someone who should never be in a position of doing such a presentation. The individual not easily understood and he had an ear for languages.

Mycroft took out his mobile and surreptitiously checked his messages. They were far more entertaining than this presentation, and half of them were from his brother.

He braced his elbows on the table and leaned forward, pretending to look engaged. He noted that half the other participants were not paying much attention either. He then quickly found himself cupping his hands around his nose as a quick tickle presented itself.

Mmpftish! Mmpftish!

“Gesundheit,” the woman next to him said quietly with a gentle look of concern on her face.

“Thank you,” he replied quietly.

The entire room was relieved when the presentation was over.

193. waistline

Lunch was a relatively informal affair held in a stately dining room. The food was of good quality, but Mycroft made sure that most of his plate was made up entirely of vegetables; as ever hyper aware of his waistline.

He was not disappointed in the fact that the same young woman happened to sit next to him at lunch. He wondered if Anthea had arranged such a thing. He ate his vegetables and a slice of bread and butter slowly, taking his time to make inane polite conversation to those around him.

By the time the meal was nearly over, the conversation had moved a bit further down the table, and he was quietly contemplating an email he had received. After firing off a quick reply, he put his mobile away and was contemplating dessert, when his ticklish nose made its presence felt again. He used all his mental faculties to ward it off, but the tickle was far too present.

He quickly turned to the side away from everyone (he was on the aisle) and sneezed rather harshly and a bit more loudly than he would have preferred.

Hmmmmpftishoo!

“Gesundheit,” came the quiet voice next to him.

He was about to give his thanks, when he quickly turned to the side, cupping his hands over his nose again.

Mmmmpftish! Mmmmpftish!

“Bless you!”

“Thank you. I do apologise.” Mycroft was a bit embarrassed; so unhygienic to be sneezing with all this food about.

She smiled at him sympathetically.

He decided to have dessert, if for nothing else it would allow him to regain his composure while standing up to make his selection. He sniffled wetly and quickly rubbed his nose with his handkerchief before sitting back down, hoping he could manage to keep any more sneezes at bay for the afternoon.

Oh noooo. Poor Mycroft! How terribly inconvenient and impolite of his nose~ aaevil.gif

Poor, poor Mycroft. It seems that he is rather under the weather. :(

194. terrible

Mycroft returned home late the following evening. So late, that Gregory was already in bed asleep. All he could do was kiss his lover and snuggle into his side before he was back in a deep sleep.

Mycroft rested there a while, wide-awake still. He eventually snuggled back into Gregory’s arms and fell into a restless slumber.

When he woke the next morning, a few hours later, he felt terrible. He sneezed violently into his pillow, cringing in distaste.

Mmmmpftish! Mmmmpftish! MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmpftish!

“G’bless,” Gregory mumbled from under the duvet.

“Thag you, dear,” Mycroft croaked out. He sniffed wetly, sitting up and looking for a tissue. He grabbed a handful of them just before he succumbed to several more sneezes.

MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmpftish! Mmmmpftishooo! Tishoooo!

He blew his nose harshly, wincing at the pressure in his sinuses.

Gregory was more awake now. “God bless you, Mycroft. Are you ok?”

Mycroft shifted in the bed so he could exchange the used tissues for a softer cloth. He rubbed his nose with the handkerchief.

“Thag you, Gregory.” Mycroft’s voice was congested and rough with sleep.

Gregory pulled Mycroft closer to him and back under the duvet. “You sound terrible, love.”

Mycroft settled back against Gregory, who was still warm with sleep. Gregory kissed the back of Mycroft’s head. Mycroft sniffed wetly and pressed the handkerchief under his nose, which was leaking.

Gregory kissed the back of Mycroft’s head again. He could tell Mycroft was unwell, but he knew that Mycroft would rather not make such an admission. So Gregory bided his time and luxuriated in the warmth of his lover and having him home and in bed with him.

195. wretched

They stayed like that for a while, quiet until Mycroft shuddered and sneezed again, covering his nose with the handkerchief.

Hmmmmmpftish! MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmpftishooo! ISHoooo!

“God bless you, love.”

“Thag you my dear. I am feeling rather unwell,” Mycroft said, reluctantly. He blew his nose, scowling at the congestion in the depths of his sinuses.

He finally sat up, intending to get on with his day. Gregory pulled him back. “Love, you’re sick. Stay here and I’ll get you some tea.”

“Gregory, I habe thigs I must attend do.” Mycroft made a move to stand, but ended up sneezing explosively instead.

MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmpftishooo!

“God bless you again, love!”

Mycroft blew his nose again. He felt utterly wretched. “Thag you, Gregory.”

He sat for a moment, thinking. “Perhabs I will work frob hobe today,” Mycroft reluctantly decided.

Gregory smiled and leaned over to kiss him on the forehead. “I think that’s a good idea. Let me go get you that cuppa and some cold medicine.”

While Gregory was gone, Mycroft texted Anthea and explained the situation. He arranged for any appointments to be rescheduled and Anthea said that she would be over shortly to attend to anything else he might need.

196. dressed

Mycroft forced himself up and into the shower. He washed quickly and then dressed in the cashmere sweater Gregory had purchased for him along with the most broken in trousers he owned. He made his way downstairs before Gregory was able to bring up the tea.

He found Gregory in the kitchen making toast. “Love, what are you doing up and dressed?” Mycroft sniffed. “Anthea will be here shortly. I did not feel it was appropriate to greet her in my dressing gown. I am not Sherlock, Gregory.”

Gregory laughed as he buttered the toast. Mycroft picked up his cup of tea and took a sip, its warmth spreading through his body. He put the cup down as he sniffed again, more wetly this time and rubbed his nose. The bridge of his nose crinkled up and he turned away from Gregory and sneezed, cupping his hands over his nose.

Hmmmmmpftish! MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmpftishooo! Mmmmpftishooo!

“God bless you, love!”

Mycroft managed to get his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped and blew his nose. “Thag you, dear.”

Gregory moved closer to Mycroft, and put his arm around him. He led him from the kitchen into the sitting room and got his lover settled on the couch. “Don’t move,” he said sternly.

197. pneumonia

Gregory turned to head toward the kitchen. He paused and placed his hand on the back of the couch, as if to brace himself. Mycroft looked up at him, a questioning look on his face as Gregory’s breath hitched.

Heh-Rahhhshhngxtishh! HhhhhuhhraGHNTshh!

“God bless you, Gregory!”

“Thanks, love,” he said sniffling and headed out of the room.

He returned a moment later with the breakfast tray. Mycroft had a troubled look on his face.

“What’s wrong?” Gregory looked worriedly at Mycroft.

Mycroft sniffed and picked up his tea. He studied Gregory, checking for any signs of illness or anything else that could be wrong, but could deduce nothing.

Gregory knew that look and relaxed. “Love, I’m fine. I’ve even remembered to take the pills and all. Don’t waste your energy worrying about me.”

Mycroft’s nose twitched visibly. He put down his tea and reached for his handkerchief. This was getting tiresome, he thought to himself.

Hmmmmmpftish! MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmpftishooo! ISHoooooo! MmmmmfTIGHshhh! Mmmmpftishooo!

“God bless you, love. And again. And again.” Gregory said.

Mycroft blew his nose and sighed. “Thag you.”

“You really should be in bed, love. You sound awful.”

Mycroft sat up and willed himself to get through breakfast. He downed the cold medicine that Gregory had kindly put out for him. “I will be fine, Gregory. Unfortunately I cannot stay in bed right now. I do have things I need to attend to.”

Gregory sighed. He kissed Mycroft on the forehead and stood up. He needed to get ready for work. He was already mentally plotting how he could hand off as much of his work as possible so he could come back home and make sure Mycroft wasn’t working himself to pneumonia.

“I’ll be back early. With soup.” Gregory kissed him again, and headed upstairs.

Mycroft sank back against the sofa and willed himself healthy.

He found Gregory in the kitchen making toast. “Love, what are you doing up and dressed?” Mycroft sniffed. “Anthea will be here shortly. I did not feel it was appropriate to greet her in my dressing gown. I am not Sherlock, Gregory.”

Mmmm. Sherlock in dressing gown. Much love. Great line!

Isn't this perfect? This is the stuff of fantasy.

Awwwwww. :)

Mmmm. Sherlock in dressing gown. Much love. Great line!

Awww thank you!

I can't believe this thread has over 10K views. And now 200 drabbles! Crazy! :)

198. damp

“Sir? Sir?” Anthea placed a hand on Mycroft’s shoulder. Mycroft flinched at the touch and his eyes flew open.

“Anthea?” He sniffed and pinched the bridge of his nose, realizing he had dozed off for a few moments.

“Apologies, Anthea,” he said blinking the sleep from his eyes. He coughed weakly and reached for his tea, still warm.

Anthea sat down next to him and began to go over the details of the day; conference calls to be made, briefings to review. They were reaching the end when Gregory came in, hair damp from his shower, but fully dressed. He placed a stack of clean, crisp handkerchiefs down, along with a box of tissues, and the cold medicine.

He then looked at his lover, frowning. “Are you sure you won’t go back to bed, love?”

Mycroft gave him a cross look. “I cannot, Gregory. I must attend to these ma-ahhh- matters.”

Hehhhmmmmmpftish! MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmpftishooo! Tishoooo!

“God bless you,” Anthea and Gregory said in unison.

Mycroft nodded at them as he buried his nose in his handkerchief. “Thag you.”

Gregory leaned over and kissed Mycroft on the forehead. “Don’t overdo it. I’ll be home early.” He kissed him again. “I love you,” he said quietly.

Mycroft smiled up at Gregory. “I love you too, dearest heart.”

The corner of Anthea’s mouth twitched in a smile as she watched the two say goodbye. As he turned to go, Gregory met her eyes. She nodded at him. And Gregory knew she would do everything in her power to make sure Mycroft didn’t overexert himself.

Anthea provided Mycroft a file folder with the necessary information for the first conference call. As he reviewed it, she went off to make more tea. She had a feeling it would be needed.

199. briefing

Mycroft settled on the couch and began to read the briefing materials. He was exhausted and his brain was foggy and congested. He felt miserable.

He rubbed his nose and forced himself to focus. It was mind over matter; it was just a cold!

He had read the same sentence over and over by the time Anthea came back in with the tea. She looked him over and sighed. Mr. Holmes looked awful. “Would you like me to summarise the relevant points for you, sir?” She poured out the tea, not looking at him; giving him the chance to decide.

Mycroft put the file down and picked up his tea. “That would be most useful, Anthea, thank you.” He took a mouthful of the hot fragrant beverage, allowing the heat to warm him, the steam to comfort his beleaguered sinuses. The comfort was short-lived, and his breath hitched rapidly, nose crinkling, as he reached for a fresh handkerchief and sneezed harshly into its depths.

Hhhhehhhhmmpftish! Hmmmmmpftish! MmmmINGHtighsh! MmmmINGHtighshooo! Mmmmpftishooo! Tishoooo!

“God bless you, sir!” Anthea looked worried.

“Apologies, my dear, and thag you. There is do deed to look worried, Anthea.” Mycroft blew his nose as gently as he could, not willing to set off any more sneezes.

“Sir, if I might say, you sound absolutely terrible.”

Mycroft sniffed wetly and coughed. “I assure you Anthea, I ab fide.” Mycroft sighed and blew his nose again, trying to make it so he could speak coherently. Instead, it just made him sneeze again.

MmmmINGHtighsh! Ishoooo!

“God bless you again, sir.” Anthea picked up her own tea, and pondered what to do.

“Thank you, Anthea.” Mycroft sniffed again, able to breathe for a moment. “Now, the briefing notes? Shall we?”

Anthea willed herself to not roll her eyes, and began to go over the pertinent information.

200. call

The rest of the morning was relatively uneventful. Mycroft sneezed frequently, feeling worse by the hour. He managed to get through the conference call unscathed, making liberal use of the mute button.

By lunchtime, he was exhausted and red-nosed. Anthea was seconds from clearing the rest of his schedule and dragging him to his bed, when Gregory came home. He had a bulging briefcase (paperwork) and a paper bag (soup).

Mycroft smiled as Gregory came in. Anthea gave Gregory a look, and went off to fetch bowls and spoons.

Gregory sat down next to Mycroft and looked him over. He looked worse than he had a few hours ago. His eyes looked glassy and tired, he was pale and the tip of his nose was red. Gregory frowned.

“Love, you look terrible!” Gregory cupped Mycroft’s face, stroking his cheek with his thumb.

Mycroft relaxed into the touch, taking comfort in the warmth of his lover. They stayed like this a moment, until Mycroft quickly pulled back, bringing his handkerchief up.

MmmmINGHtighsh! Mmmmpftishooo! Tishoooo! Mmmmpftishooo!

“God bless you, love!”

Mycroft fell back against the couch and blew his nose.

“Thank you, dear.” He sighed, rubbing his nose with the soft cloth.

Anthea came back in with bowls, spoons, and a fresh pot of tea.

“Cheers, Anthea,” Gregory said. He took the soup out of the bag and prepared a bowl for Mycroft and then himself. Anthea had moved over to the desk and looked absorbed in her tasks; Gregory made a mental note to bring her a bowl once they were done.

They sat in silence as they ate until Mycroft could no longer ward off the tickle building in his nose. He put his soup down and grabbed his handkerchief again.

Mmmmpftishooo! MmmmINGHtighsh! MmmmINGHtighshooo! Ishoooo!

“God bless you,” Anthea and Gregory said in unison.

Mycroft sniffled. “Thag you,” he said and returned to his soup which was warming, hearty, and soothing.

Gregory reached over and squeezed Mycroft’s hand. “Love, you need to rest.”

Mycroft finished his soup and put the bowl down. Gregory did the same. He didn’t give Mycroft a chance to respond. He pulled the younger man into his arms and kissed his head.

“Gregory, I must insist that you cease this immediately.”

“Love, you need to rest. Surely you can manage a half hour at least?” Gregory looked up at Anthea who nodded.

Mycroft sighed at their collusion and sneezed.

MmmmINGHtighsh! MmmmINGHtighshoooo! Ishooooo!

“God bless you again, love!”

“God bless you, sir!”

Mycroft sniffled. “Thag you both,” he replied.

Gregory reached over for the cold medicine and popped two pills out. He handed them to Mycroft who downed them with a mouthful of tea.

“Now rest, please love.”

Mycroft sighed and relaxed into Gregory’s arms. He was exhausted and felt feverish and weak. He hoped a short rest would rejuvenate him and he shut his eyes.

Gregory kissed him on the forehead and pulled the blanket on the back of the couch up and over Mycroft. By the time he had done so, Mycroft was sound asleep.

Mycroft working while suffering from a cold is just the most adorably pathetic thing ever. And look! Now he has two people to bless him. :wub:

We all know how hard Anthea ships them. :P

Archived