Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cally's Sherlock drabble thread #1 442/442

cally

Awww. Moonlight walks are the best in chilly fall air. Even better with your love. And the best when you can go home and warm each other up!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oohhh, a new drabble! clapping.gif Just what I needed today. yes.gif But I do have one thing to ask...why does everyone seem to be on a Mystrade kick? Don't get me wrong, I love reading them, but what happened to Sherlock and John? Sorry...don't mind my rant. I'm just in need of some Sherlock sneezing. shy.gif

But I do have one thing to ask...why does everyone seem to be on a Mystrade kick? Don't get me wrong, I love reading them, but what happened to Sherlock and John? Sorry...don't mind my rant. I'm just in need of some Sherlock sneezing.

There's absolutely no need to apologize, dear! :hug: You are 100% entitled to your opinion. :yes: It does seem that Mystrade is outweighing most of the Sherlock writings on the forum (believe me, us Mystraders have noticed :lol:) but hopefully there'll be some more Sherlock and John focused material soon. I know Matilda wrote a new Sherlock-focused drabble not too long ago~ ^_^

As for THIS new drabble... It was really cute, cally! I totally think Mycroft's nose gets bothered by cold weather, too. :D

Thank you everyone! :) I always feel so much better about what I've put up when there are comments to read the morning after. :)

Awww. Moonlight walks are the best in chilly fall air. Even better with your love. And the best when you can go home and warm each other up!

It's gone rather chilly here so it gave me some much needed inspiration! :)

Oohhh, a new drabble! clapping.gif Just what I needed today. yes.gif But I do have one thing to ask...why does everyone seem to be on a Mystrade kick? Don't get me wrong, I love reading them, but what happened to Sherlock and John? Sorry...don't mind my rant. I'm just in need of some Sherlock sneezing. shy.gif

I have no idea. :lol: I've gone completely Mystrade crazy as of late. I can't seem to get enough of them. w00t.gif

I did start a drabble awhile back that I never finished for some reason that is Sherlock and John centered. As I've been neglecting the two poor dears, I will make sure I finish it today or tomorrow! :)

As for THIS new drabble... It was really cute, cally! I totally think Mycroft's nose gets bothered by cold weather, too.

As for a good portion of my drabbles for some reason, my inspiration comes from real life. I'm usually not so bothered by colder weather, but last night I was as miserable as Mycroft. (Now if only I could be as sneezy. :P ) I also felt that I needed something light and fluffy after the angst of After Serbia.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I like to read after a hard day of studying biggrin.png

Thank you!

Here's a continuation- more domestic fluff. :)

175. crisp

Mycroft paused once more on their way home. He desperately needed to sneeze again, the cold, crisp air continuing to wreak its havoc on his delicate sinuses. He gasped for breath, his chest heaving, nostrils flaring almost comically as he was nearly bent double from the sneezes that burst forth.

Mmmpftish! INGHtighsh!

Gregory laughed again. “God bless you, love. Almost there now.”

Mycroft sniffled wetly, as it was all he could do right now, lest he wanted to risk his nose dripping in an unsightly manner.

A moment later, Gregory was unlocking the door to their townhouse, and Mycroft was making a beeline to the box of tissues in the study.

Hng’ISSH-OOO!

As Gregory removed his coat and hung it up, he heard the loud sneeze coming from the study. He followed the sound of congested nose blowing, frowning when he saw Mycroft.

“God bless you.”

Mycroft nodded from behind his mound of tissues. “Thank you. Apologies, once again my dear.”

“Tea?” Gregory asked.

Mycroft smiled fondly at his lover. “Yes, please.” He took Gregory’s arm, and they headed down to the kitchen where Gregory filled and then clicked the kettle on. He settled back against the counter waiting for it to come to a boil, while Mycroft got down the teapot, mugs, and tea.

The kitchen was warm and was soon filled with the scent of the fragrant Earl Grey tealeaves that Mycroft added to the pot. Gregory sniffled, finding his nose had begun to drip; a result of the warmth of the kitchen after the chill of the evening. Mycroft looked over his shoulder at him, an eyebrow raised.

“God bless you, my dear.”

Gregory gave him a puzzled look, which quickly turned into one of his characteristically loud sneezes.

Huh’rahhhshhhooo!

“Thank you. And you know it drives me crazy when you do that,” he said with a sniffle.

Mycroft smiled softly at his partner. “I thought you would prefer a warning,” he said as he walked over toward him. The kettle clicked off and before retrieving it, he handed Gregory a tissue from the ones he had brought with him from the study.

Gregory nodded his thanks as Mycroft poured the steaming water into the teapot. Mycroft instantly knew that doing this had been a rather large mistake on his part. The now fragrant steam floated up into his already irritated nostrils and Mycroft quickly put the kettle down and turned away from the countertop. He brought his still cold hands up and cupped his long fingers around his nose just before the first sneeze escaped.

Heh……….Heh’INGTISH! Heh’NGISH! Mmmpftish! Mmmpftinghsh! Hng’mmpftish! MmmpfTIGshooo!

“Jesus, Myc! God bless you!” He reached out and steadied his lover, while Mycroft gently blew his nose.

“Thank you. My apologies,” he said with a sniffle. “Shall we move into the study?”

“God bless you, my dear.”

Gregory gave him a puzzled look, which quickly turned into one of his characteristically loud sneezes.

Huh’rahhhshhhooo!

“Thank you. And you know it drives me crazy when you do that,” he said with a sniffle.

This makes me giggle. I love when he does this!

A lovely scene, Cally. I do enjoy the small, private moments of Mystrade. A little fluff is needed now and again. Thank you!

This makes me giggle. I love when he does this!

:) I do too!

A lovely scene, Cally. I do enjoy the small, private moments of Mystrade. A little fluff is needed now and again. Thank you!

Awww thanks! :)

The next few take place in some sort of weird late teen/early20’s AU of some kind.

176. class

Huh’huhhrahhhDSCHHH!

Gregory sneezed as quietly as possible again into the hooded part of his sweatshirt. He was in class and finding it hard to pay attention. Between his intermittent sneezing, irritated eyes and the fact that he was going to see Mycroft all afternoon (and maybe into the evening, if he was lucky) he was having trouble focusing on what was being discussed. He hoped he wasn’t coming down with a cold; Mycroft was a bit of a germophobe and he would hate to have to cut their time together cut short.

Huh’huhrahhhSHHhhh!

He sneezed into the sleeve of his sweatshirt, and rubbed his tired eyes. Five more minutes to go.

Finally class was dismissed and he headed outside, dodging the mass of students who had flooded the area. With a spring in his step, he headed toward the main gate where he had planned to meet Mycroft.

Gregory found Mycroft, impeccably dressed as usual standing in front of the gate, holding his ever-present umbrella, despite the fact the day was filled with bright sunshine. When he looked up and saw Gregory heading toward him, his normally stoic look was replaced with a grin.

“Good afternoon, Gregory.” Mycroft looked his boyfriend over appreciatively, making his usual, mental deductions: overslept as usual, an extra espresso shot in his latte this morning, spent his class time daydreaming about some rather interesting things, and there was something else that he wasn’t quite sure of.

“Hi, Mycroft,” Gregory said, smiling. “Ready to go?”

Mycroft nodded, and gestured in front of them with his umbrella before they headed down the road toward Mycroft’s flat. Some afternoons they had lunch first, but today Gregory had a class that went later than usual.

As they walked, they shared snippets of their day with one another; chatting amicably, fingers touching lightly. As they walked, Gregory’s nose began to itch again. He quickly swiped at it, hoping that would alleviate the annoying tickle, and it did for a few moments. In the end, he had no choice but to give in to the demands of his nose, and he sneezed harshly into the crook of his arm.

Huh’huhrahhhSHHooo!

Mycroft raised an eyebrow at the outburst. “Goodness. God bless you, Gregory!” He studied his partner, frowning.

“Thanks. Sorry. I’ve been doing that all ahhh hehh morni-- Huh’hhhhuhhraGHNTshhooo!”

Gregory blushed. “Sorry,” he said, looking away, embarrassed.

“Good heavens! God bless you again, my dear.” They had arrived at Mycroft’s flat at this point, and he unlocked the door and led his sniffly partner inside.

They headed into Mycroft’s sunny, book lined study and sat down on the old, comfortable leather couch. Gregory rubbed his nose with the cuff of his sweatshirt, and sniffled wetly. “M’sorry. Not sure what’s gotten into me today.”

Mycroft made a disgusted face, pulled his handkerchief from his pocket, and handed it to Gregory. “Thanks,” Gregory said, blushing again. He blew his nose as quietly as possible, feeling a bit awkward.

Gregory tucked the cloth into a pocket of his jeans, and looked down at his hands. Mycroft saw that his boyfriend was feeling self-conscious, leaned over and put a hand on his knee. His other hand, he used to thumb up Gregory’s chin so he could look him in the eye.

“What is wrong, Gregory?”

“Nothing. I know you don’t like germs and all, so,” Gregory’s voice trailed off and he looked away.

“You are not ill, my dear,” Mycroft said.

Gregory gave him a puzzled look, which quickly changed to a look of needy desperation. His eyelids fluttered closed as he built up to yet another sneeze. He turned his head and muffled the outburst into his shoulder.

Ah--Heh’HRDSCHHhhhh!

“God bless. Again,” Mycroft said gently as he wiped a stray tear that had made its way down from Gregory’s cheek.

“Thanks,” Gregory said. He reached up and squeezed Mycroft’s hand. Mycroft smiled and squeezed back.

“So, what’s making me sneeze then?”

“I believe you are having a minor allergic reaction to something. Most likely environmental or situational, I would have to say, based on the fact that it has been happening just today, correct?”

Gregory nodded. “Yeah, it started when I was in class.” He yawned and rubbed his nose again; the tickle hadn’t quite dissipated yet.

Mycroft sat back and steepled his fingers together as he thought about what could be causing his Gregory such discomfort.

Gregory pulled the handkerchief from his pocket. He was about to blow his nose, but instead ended up sneezing abrasively into its folds.

Huh’etcssSHHhhoo!

“Sorry,” he mumbled, before blowing his nose again.

“God bless you.” Frowning again, Mycroft rose and headed for the kitchen.

“Coffee?” He asked Gregory, even though he already knew the answer.

Oh boy, I feel sorry for whatever is causing "his Gregory" to sneeze because Mycroft is going to stomp it flat. I bet there is a continuation of this coming. You wouldn't leave us wondering. Right? (I ask hopefully.)

Oh boy, I feel sorry for whatever is causing "his Gregory" to sneeze because Mycroft is going to stomp it flat. I bet there is a continuation of this coming. You wouldn't leave us wondering. Right? (I ask hopefully.)

Of course there's a continuation! :)

177. coffee

Gregory nodded, although part of him felt he should leave. He felt like he was making Mycroft uncomfortable because he was clearly so disgusting.

Huh’huhrahhhSHHooo!

Ugh, he thought. This was unbearable.

“God bless you, Gregory!” Mycroft called from the kitchen.

“Thanks,” Gregory mumbled.

He swiped at his nose in annoyance. He didn’t understand why his body was acting this way. He stood up and went and looked out the window overlooking the small garden.

Gregory was still deep in thought when Mycroft came back in with coffee for each of them. “Thank you,” he said, accepting the fragrant beverage.

They stood there in companionable silence for a few moments while they sipped their coffee. Finally, Mycroft broke the quiet; “Gregory, I,” he began.

“No, Myc. I get it. I’ll finish my coffee and go,” Gregory interrupted. He sniffed and took another sip of his coffee, refusing to meet Mycroft’s eye.

Mycroft turned and put his cup down. He then reached over and took Gregory’s cup from him as well. He put hands on Gregory’s arms and looked into his eyes.

“What has gotten in to you? Gregory, I do not understand.”

Gregory looked at Mycroft, who had genuine confusion written across his features. “I just thought you must think I’m pretty gross right now.” He sniffled as if to prove his point.

“I think you are overreacting, my dear. I do not think you are ‘gross,” as you so eloquently put it. I am worried about you, however.” Mycroft squeezed his arms. “Gregory. I love you.”

Gregory stared at Mycroft. He blinked a few times, and his legs suddenly seemed unsteady. Mycroft led them back to the couch, where Gregory sat in shock for a moment.

“You, you . . . love me?”

Mycroft nodded, smiling softly.

Gregory smiled back. “I’ve loved you since our first date.”

This time it was Mycroft’s turn to blush.

Aww! All the blushing is making me feel gooey.

And we still don't know what is making Mycroft's Gregory sneeze. I really like the possessive Mycroft. He strikes me as a very proprietary person.

Awwww!!!!!!!!! So sweet! Uncomfortable!Gregory is adorable. And his sneezes. Delicious. And sweet reassuring!Mycroft. Such love.

• 3 weeks later...

Aww! All the blushing is making me feel gooey.

And we still don't know what is making Mycroft's Gregory sneeze. I really like the possessive Mycroft. He strikes me as a very proprietary person.

He is. :)

Awwww!!!!!!!!! So sweet! Uncomfortable!Gregory is adorable. And his sneezes. Delicious. And sweet reassuring!Mycroft. Such love.

Awwwww. :)

Awww biggrin.png

:)

This is the last thing I should be doing right now (don't ask- please!), but it was in my head and I needed to write it. TBC, maybe? IDK.

178. rain

Detective Inspector Lestrade pulled his coat tight around him, attempting to block out the driving rain and heavy wind. Not that it mattered; his trousers were practically stuck to his legs, heavy with the cold rain that had been falling steadily all day. For the hundredth time, he wished he hadn’t relinquished the squad car over to Donovan.

He shivered uncontrollably as he stomped off toward the Tube station; his only consolation was that the case had been open and shut. Trudging against a harsh gust of wind, he sniffled and swiped at his now running nose.

A few minutes later he arrived at the Tube station, only to find that it had been shut due to the inclimate weather. He sighed, exasperated, and gave a thick sniff as he rubbed his sodden coat cuff against his nose.

Moving to the side to keep out of the rain, he pulled his mobile out and pulled up the application to book a taxi. He hated spending the money, but he was soaked and chilled to the bone and wasn’t up for a several mile walk home in the dark and cold rain.

A moment later, he received a text alert; there were no cabs available for an hour. Cursing, he shoved his mobile into his trouser pocket. Steadying himself against the weather, he headed down the street.

He walked for a minute or so before an enormous sneeze took him by surprise, nearly doubling him over.

Ah--Heh’HRDSCHHhhh!

Great, he thought. Just what he needed, a cold on top of his miserable day. He gave a heady sniffle as a sleek car pulled up alongside him. The door opened, and surprisingly Mycroft Holmes was beckoning him inside. Lestrade was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, and needed no additional prompting.

Once seated, he tried to keep from dripping as much as he could (which was rather impossible). Sniffling again, he looked up at his savior. “Thanks,” he said.

Mycroft studied him a moment, quickly deducing everything about the DI’s day in a matter of seconds. “It was no trouble,” he finally said as he reached into the pocket of his immaculate pinstriped suit jacket.

“I do believe this may be of use,” Mycroft added, as he removed a pristine handkerchief.

Gregory nodded. Rivulets of rain running down his face, he quickly brought the soft cloth up to his nose before he embarrassed himself any further. He wasn’t sure if it was the warmth of the car or the cloth itself, but before he could do anything else, he was sneezing harshly into its folds.

Huh’huhrahhhSHHooo!

Flushing with embarrassment, he buried his nose within the cloth and blew, muttering an apology.

Mycroft raised an eyebrow. “God bless you,” he said quietly.

“Thank you,” the silver haired man finally said. He kept hold of the cloth, unsure of his traitorous nose.

Mycroft merely nodded, his lips pursed in thought, as the car sped through the cold winter night.

Hi!!! Happy to see you! And this is fabulous! Poor sniffly!Greg and Mycroft to the rescue!

Hi!!! Happy to see you! And this is fabulous! Poor sniffly!Greg and Mycroft to the rescue!

Hello! Poor Greg, I torture him so.

Hi Cally! Missed you! Hope things are going okay.

LOVE this drabble. Poor Greg. wink.png

Things suck. At least my drabbles don't. :lol:

I'd love it if you continued this drabble wink.png

Done. :)

179. fire

Mycroft was startled by Gregory’s next powerful sneeze, not that the older man noticed.

Huh’huhhrahhhDSCHHH!

“Goodness. God bless you again.”

Gregory looked up from the depths of the rapidly dampening handkerchief. “Thag you,” he croaked, sniffling. He sank back against the leather seat, audibly sighing.

Mycroft frowned. He wasn’t prone to whims of sentiment (or whims at all for that matter), but there had always been something about the detective inspector. He looked out the window and then turned toward an exhausted looking Gregory. He felt a metaphorical tug on his heartstrings.

“Would you like to stop at mine for a bit? I can promise a roaring fire and a fine whisky.”

Gregory’s eyes widened in surprise, and possibly shock.

He cleared his throat and nodded as a smile broke out across his face. “Sure, if you don’t mind this,” he said gesturing at his face.

Mycroft raised an eyebrow again. “Surely you have not forgotten who my brother is?”

Gregory barked out a laugh, which unfortunately turned into a rather messy sounding sneeze. He all but whipped his head toward the window.

Heh’HRDSCHHhhhhpf!

“God bless you, Gregory.”

Wiping his nose, the silver haired man nodded his thanks once again. Involuntarily, he shivered; he was looking forward to the roaring fire.

matilda3948, on 10 December 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

Hi Cally! Missed you! Hope things are going okay.

LOVE this drabble. Poor Greg.

Things suck. At least my drabbles don't.

Damn! I was trying to will good things into being :lol:

Super sweet drabble though. :wub:

I am so happy to read new drabbles from you. I am sorry things suck otherwise. I'm sending good vibes your way.

Sorry things suck. Sending positive energy! This was just delicious!!!! I want to seriously romp Greg right now. Lucky Mycroft taking him home!

Damn! I was trying to will good things into being

So was I. :lol:

Super sweet drabble though.

Thank you. I may continue; I find writing at all helps in the end. (What really needs to be finished is After Serbia)

Oooohhh! Love these two new drabbles.

:) Thank you

I am so happy to read new drabbles from you. I am sorry things suck otherwise. I'm sending good vibes your way.

Thank you, and thank you. :)

Sorry things suck. Sending positive energy! This was just delicious!!!! I want to seriously romp Greg right now. Lucky Mycroft taking him home!

I always want to romp Gregory. :)

I'm not sure when I will be writing any new drabbles. I wasn't feeling very inspired lately so . . . and now I have a real deadline so. . . who knows (probably tonight LOL). Thank you all for all the kind words and thoughts and everything and if you are curious to what is up, it's on my blog here on the forum. I haven't even written about this in real life on my real life blog, that is how much I don't want to think about it.

I'm curious but too new to be able to access the blogs. I guess I'll have to start posting lots of random stuff! LOL! I will be awaiting any new posts with antici.....pation.

Archived